PDA

View Full Version : Ahh, SpursTalk....

Dex
12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
This is more like it.

Hopefully the meltdown doesn't crash teh intarwebs.

82 games, people.

BlackSwordsMan
12-18-2008, 12:18 AM
makes me wish spurs never got rid of sean marks

Anti.Hero
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
It's because Bonner is white.

Too many amigos were waiting at the bit to have a chance at jumping back on the hatewagon.

haha I'm outtttttttttt

dougp
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
It's because Bonner is white.

Fuck, the secret's out!

timtonymanu
12-18-2008, 12:21 AM
damnit that's it. trade Bonner for Posey.

also fire Pop. I think Eddie Jordan's available. Maybe Mason will play better again under his former coach.

trade Parker for Paul.

fuck this team, fuck fuck!

(note the sarcasm)

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Things were getting pretty boring around here on the winning streak :wakeup It's good to have a good old fashioned choke of a loss every once in a while to stir things up.

dastrey
12-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Bonner and Mason missing wide open 3's all game long. David West making his 4th and 5th 3's of the year. Relax guys, the Hornet's are good but nothing to be scared of.

bdictjames
12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Definitely agree with you on this one. We just needed to make open shots, no big deal. Hopefully they are well rested for tomorrow's game.

A lot more games to go.

timtonymanu
12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Hornets will be our new Suns.

they beat us always in the regular season yet we beat them in the playoffs.

Paul and West are the new Nash and Amare. Both complain about everything.

anakha
12-18-2008, 12:28 AM
No vBookie on the number of meltdown threads tonight?

BradLohaus
12-18-2008, 12:40 AM
this would have been really painful in May. In December? Meh... 0 for what, 9 open 3's in the 4th while David West is shooting 3's? I'd say just chalk it up, except for the fact that Peja didn't play.

It still looks like these 2 teams are pretty even, yet for some reason I fear the Hornets less right now than I did even during the playoffs last year. This coming postseason will probably look a lot like last season.

sa_butta
12-18-2008, 12:41 AM
I dont really think this is a meltdown its just venting, all is forgiven when we beat the Magic.

sa_butta
12-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Things were getting pretty boring around here on the winning streak :wakeup It's good to have a good old fashioned choke of a loss every once in a while to stir things up.
Thanks for giving us some place to vent.:toast

officer
12-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Spurs will win the west on May 31...mark my words...

spurs out..

timtonymanu
12-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Spurs will win the west on May 31...mark my words...

spurs out..

Game 4 2009 Conference Finals vs the Lakers. Gasol inbounds the ball to Fisher. Fisher tries to shoot the three but bumps into Hill who was defending him. No foul on the Spurs. The Spurs win Game 4.

Game 5 - Spurs down 1 after Kobe hit an impossible shot. Ginobili inbounds to Mason who makes the shot with only .4 seconds left on the clock. Spurs win the series.

Ultimate revenge.

TDMVPDPOY
12-18-2008, 12:57 AM
cant wait for the churches to open up and start crucifying......

seems like alot of fans have jump of the bandwagon of mason, hill, bonner, parker, gino, finley etc.....

duncan gets a free pass....cause all our bases belong to him.

slowchild25
12-18-2008, 01:32 AM
also fire Pop. I think Eddie Jordan's available. Maybe Mason will play better again under his former coach.

Fuck that! I hear the coach from Hangtime is available!!!

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/columnists/jimbaumbach/blog/hangtime.jpg

timvp
12-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Things were getting pretty boring around here on the winning streak :wakeup It's good to have a good old fashioned choke of a loss every once in a while to stir things up.I'd rather a choke than the five curbstompings the Hornets gave to the Spurs last year in NO.

:hat

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-18-2008, 01:52 AM
sorry timvp, i said in another thread that the Spurs would beat the Hornets and be in 3rd place in the West. Looks like i did it again :lol

Maybe i can be on the Spurs payroll :smokin

Austin_Toros
12-18-2008, 03:04 AM
damnit that's it. trade Bonner for Posey.

trade Parker for Paul.

fuck this team, fuck fuck!

(note the sarcasm)

YES PLEASE!

makes me wish spurs never got rid of sean marks

ummm.... no, just no.

Slomo
12-18-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm sorry I was traveling the past few days, can somebody please direct me to the "fire Pop" thread?

wijayas
12-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Bonner and Mason missing wide open 3's all game long. David West making his 4th and 5th 3's of the year. Relax guys, the Hornet's are good but nothing to be scared of.

Voice of reason. :toast

mrspurs
12-18-2008, 08:56 AM
I'd rather a choke than the five curbstompings the Hornets gave to the Spurs last year in NO.

:hat

100% agreed. At least they didnt stomp the crud out of us. But if we dont make half of those 9 3s we made. It would have been a stomp. One of these days it will be nice to see us win from inside the paint. Like the top west teams do. But until then this is what we got. A bunch of shooters with a couple of guys who can drive and finish. Roger had an open lane for an easy layup and what does he do? Passes the ball back out. Cory wouldnt have done that. Cory would have slammed that ball down.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-18-2008, 10:08 AM
I wasn't aware West hitting 4th quarter threes is the Spurs choking, it's the Spurs forcing the lowest percentage shot and the Hornets managing to make them. Popovich probably heard Amare was watching so he wanted West to make a few threes so when Amare plays the Spurs he attempts like 10 threes, I guarantee Amare attempts at least 2 threes on Christmas, remember I said that.

Contrary to what some believe, there is no such thing as "lockdown" defense, there's intelligent defense where you're forcing the offense to play differently and making it uncomfortable, and it's safe to say the defense has done it's job if West is taking three pointers.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-18-2008, 10:19 AM
This is one of the few times I've ever been thankful for a back to back. If the Spurs had a day or two off I'm frightened to think what kind of demented stages the freak out threads would reach.

anakha
12-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Losing streak! Bring on the hilarity! :downspin:

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
im assuming a 'rant and rave' thread doesn't work on this site? :lol

I think you guys have tried it before haven't you? I guess all the extra threads make it pretty funny around here :lol

Dex
12-18-2008, 11:18 PM
This whole place becomes a rant and rave thread until the next Spurs win.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
12-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Everythangs Gonna Be Alright!