PDA

View Full Version : Late Night Random MMA Thoughts: Nog vs Lesnar

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Lets just assume Nogueira beats Mir.

Up next Lesnar.

This got me thinking....How would Brock win?

He was obviously very impressive over Herring and Couture. But I don't see him finishing Nog like he did Randy.

Look at Nog's stacked resume. Never has he been finished.

Fedor (2), Barnett(2), Cro Cop, Henderson(2), Werdum, Herring(3), Sylvia, Kharitonov, Schilt, Ricco, Coleman, ect...

Are we honestly tricking our selves into thinking that a man who faced that great of competition and Fedor could not finish twice would get finished off by Brock, who although he has looked great is still raw talent.

So would Brock take a decision? Maybe. Who knows if he has the cardio. I know that the fanboys at spurstalk.com would like to say so but he was taking some deep beaths in that second round with Randy, which suprised me by how easily he decimated Heath Herring without even having to use his second wind.

Even Brock said he got a little nervous when he got cut open vs Couture. This is a guy who has never really gotten hit before. Nog has by far the best boxing he has faced yet and better BJJ than Mir. Lil Nog is on the Brazilian National Boxing team for whatever that is worth. (Sokoudjou didnt seem to care much....but thats not the point).Though I thought Nog's stand-up looked average at best vs Sylvia.

Nog has just been in those wars with CC, Fedor, Barnett. And he knows how to get battered and find something deep in his heart to pull out a win when other guys dont. Lesnar has not been there deep in a fight and he has not really been hurt yet.

That being said. I can't see Lesnar finishing Nog, if the likes of Fedor and CC couldnt, especially if it goes into championship rounds. If it enters the 4th and 5th, that is Nog's game. Lesnar better hope to win the first 3 rounds or finish it early if he wants to win and that will be very difficult.

Anyways...those are my thoughts...and i will say this, if Lesnar is able to take Nog to the 3rd or 4th round and finish him off, he will have my blessing.

Later.

djohn14
12-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Thats a good question...I think Nog could tap Brock. I think Brock would smother him the whole fight, but I dont see him finishing him....

tlongII
12-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Nog will submit Lesnar. No question.

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
The only thing with Nog, is he is not what he was a few years ago and he has not looked great since he's been in the UFC. Herring, had him hurt and in trouble, Sylvia was beating on him in the stand-up for a while. So we'll see what happens, i am curious how he looks against Mir. I also don't think Brock losing to Nog, is a bad thing for him. He is still developing, so it could be a good learning experience..

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 06:45 PM
I will wait to make my prediction after the Mir fight. That will tell a lot.

Evan
12-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Nog will beat Mir

Nog is not the same as he was a few years ago and Brock clearly has some of the best knees in MMA. The problem with Brock is that while he is so good and so naturally talented nobody knows what to do with him. Although Nog is pretty freestyle anyway so that helps.

djohn14
12-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Two days in a row for Evan! Alright!