PDA

View Full Version : Bonner had a bad shooting night, get over it

Joe Schmoogins
12-18-2008, 01:05 AM
This is really his first stinker in the past ten. I'll take that from Bonner gladly. LOL at all the haters coming out of the wood work...

go back to your holes.

Bonner's a shooter and every shooter has off nights...

Tonight's lines:

Ray Allen: 5-15, 1-8 (3pts)
Mike Bibby: 5-16, 2-8 (3pts)
Michael Redd: 2-13, 0-4 (3pts)
Andre Iguodala: 2-14, 0-2 (3pts)
Rasheed Wallace: 1-8, 0-4 (3pts)
Baron Davis: 6-23, 2-10 (3pts)

xtremesteven33
12-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Spurs played a good game. Great defense, Great passing, Great intensity.

just couldnt knock down OPEN shots. thats why this loss hurts alot. :(

T Park
12-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Bonner was fine tonight.

He was agressive, his defense was good, he crashed the boards decently, and he played heady for the most part.

While I don't advocate him taking 15 shots, I understand why he did and am glad he was agressive with the basketball.

timvp
12-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Bonner was fine tonight.No. Bonner doesn't do enough "other" on the court to call 3-for-15 a fine night.

BradLohaus
12-18-2008, 01:16 AM
He really was long overdue for a night like this. Even great shooters will have awful 3 point shooting numbers quite a few times a season. The problem was that Mason and Finley couldn't hit anything either. We can live with one or 2 of those guys having bad 3 point numbers... but all 3 in one game against a good team on the road? That means that the big 3 have to put up huge numbers to win; they didn't, and we lost.

jag
12-18-2008, 01:16 AM
No. Bonner doesn't do enough "other" on the court to call 3-for-15 a fine night.

Agreed. He has to shoot well for it to be a quality night, but off nights happen...i can live with him having one bad night out of ten.

xtremesteven33
12-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Bonner played well even though he couldnt but a bucket. The whole team couldnt buy a bucket.

Making shots is contagious, but missing shots is a plague.

Blackjack
12-18-2008, 01:23 AM
This thread is much too reasonable and rational.

Dex
12-18-2008, 01:28 AM
This is where that "keep shooting" advice was bound to bite Pop and Bonner in the ass. Bonner couldn't stop even when he maybe should have.

Bad games happen to every player. Hopefully Bonner can realize this and shake it off, because Orlando is gonna be out on the court before he knows it.

Joe Schmoogins
12-18-2008, 01:29 AM
He really was long overdue for a night like this. Even great shooters will have awful 3 point shooting numbers quite a few times a season. The problem was that Mason and Finley couldn't hit anything either. We can live with one or 2 of those guys having bad 3 point numbers... but all 3 in one game against a good team on the road? That means that the big 3 have to put up huge numbers to win; they didn't, and we lost.

nice summary :tu

Austin_Toros
12-18-2008, 03:06 AM
games like this happen to EVERYONE; it was bonners turn (majorly overdue!).
if he keeps playing well, games like these will become excusable :)

BonnerDynasty
12-18-2008, 03:25 AM
A bunch of fair-weather Spurs fans in this forum.

They are pathetic and can go fuck themselves.

tp2021
12-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Bonner=West stopper (in the post anyway)

tp2021
12-18-2008, 04:14 AM
And I don't mean the singular player.

roycrikside
12-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Bonner was fine tonight.

He was agressive, his defense was good, he crashed the boards decently, and he played heady for the most part.

While I don't advocate him taking 15 shots, I understand why he did and am glad he was agressive with the basketball.

Yes. Clearly it was the guy who hit 7 of 12 who lost the game for the Spurs TPark. You're just a lame Republican version of Ducks.

fotan2
12-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Bonner's defense was good , except letting D.West to knock down two 3 pointers . Hornets would have no chance to win without those two 3 pointers .

whottt
12-18-2008, 08:13 AM
I don't believe it was his job to pick up West on either of those threes...furthermore, I'm almost certain that as good a shooter as West is...Pop was willing to accept West having to make threes to beat the Spurs if it meant shutting down Paul...

I have no problem with that strategy...we dared their midrange PF to make threes and he made them...they dared our 3 point PF to beat them and he missed...and Finley wasn't any better.

The problem is that Bonner was wide open on nearly every three...it wasn't like he was jacking them up with someone in his face or with the clock running down...he just couldn't hit an open 3...an absolute necessity for anyone who plays with Tim Duncan...because Tim Duncan is either going to get his teamates open, or they are going to give him a one on one matchup. If the 3 shooters do not hit those threes then they aren't fufilling the main reason they are on the court with Tim Duncan.

They didn't do their jobs...they didn't earn their pay, and they have pretty much the easiest on court jobs on the team offensively...knock down the open shots than Tim Duncan gives them.

It's not nice to miss those threes...it's mean.

mrspurs
12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
No. Bonner doesn't do enough "other" on the court to call 3-for-15 a fine night.

100% correct. Everyone must have thought Matt finally became an allstar while we were beating sorry teams. But if Matt isnt hittiing his shots, he does the team no good much like Fab and Kurt. He cant defend because he's to slow. Regardles of what anyone says. NO just has more talent then we do. And NO is not playing great ball right now. Once they start hitting on all cyclinders they will be the best in the west. I believe it will be NO vs Lakers in WCF. Unless of course everyones boy Ian shows up and shows he can play in this league. Tyson once again owned Timmy in the paint. And we couldnt hit our 3s like we wanted to.