PDA

View Full Version : Former UFC fighter/Wife found dead

djohn14
12-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Former UFC, WEC and IFL fighter Justin Levens and his wife Sara were both found dead yesterday at a condo in Laguna Niguel, California. The cause of death for both was a gunshot wound. The investigation is currently ongoing, but the Laguna Niguel police have stated that it appears to have been a murder/suicide. Sara's mother found the couple, on the bed, at 2:30PM yesterday afternoon.

Our condolences go out to the families of Justin and Sara Levens.

Credit: Wrestlingobserver.com

Either way, this is bad, but I hope it dosent turn out to be a Chris Benoit type scenario.

desflood
12-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh dear. More fuel for the critics.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, but they're going to take whatever they can grasp to make their point, however invalid.

MMA is much more regulated (though I'm not going to say perfectly so) than professional wrestling (and we all know the Benoit comparisons are coming).

BlackSwordsMan
12-18-2008, 12:34 PM
what an asshole
why take the chick's life as well?

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Good Lord what a terrible time for something like this to happen..

misterx91578
12-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Our condolences go out to the families of Justin and Sara Levens.

Either way, this is bad, but I hope it dosent turn out to be a Chris Benoit type scenario.

+1

djohn14
12-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Popular gossip website TMZ.com has picked up the story on the death of UFC, WEC, and IFL veteran Justin Levens and his wife, who were found dead from apparent gunshot wounds earlier today:

"TMZ has learned former UFC fighter Justin Levens and his wife were found dead from gunshot wounds in a home in Laguna Niguel, Calif. earlier today.

Sources say cops are investigating their deaths as a possible murder/suicide.

Levens had a career record of 9-8 and fought in several different MMA leagues, including the IFL, WEC and UFC.

In a morbid twist, Levens once lost to Evan Tanner -- the UFC fighter who was found dead in the desert back in September."

Levens was currently serving a suspension for failing a pre-fight drug testing back at Affliction "Banned" in July. He tested positive for Oxymorphone and was suspended for six months.

Rohirrim
12-18-2008, 07:36 PM
I can understand suicide, your mind can be very dangerous when suffering from heavy depression, but to take someone with you is pathetic.

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I can understand suicide, your mind can be very dangerous when suffering from heavy depression, but to take someone with you is pathetic.

100% agree :toast

djohn14
12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Autopsies of Justin Levens and his wife Sara McLean-Levens that were conducted on Thursday further suggest a murder-suicide. The reports have not been deemed conclusive and the case is still pending further investigation.

Levens and his wife were found dead on Wednesday from gunshot wounds in their California home. Sara Levens died of an apparent gunshot wound to the heart, while Justin was shot in the head. The gun was found close to Justin's body and autopsy reports indicate the couple died on Sunday.

Authorities also found what appeared to be prescribed painkillers and anti-depressant medication in the residence.

Credit: sherdog.com