PDA

View Full Version : ITW TP from TP's Website 25/02/05

leonarth
02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
• February 24, 2005

« Dunk more often »

Tony, the All-Star Game is over and in your first game back, you dominated Houston. (99-81)

It is a very good win, especialy against a team that we could not beat since the beginning of the season. It is good for our confidence. We started the second part of the season on a high note. Regarding the game, we had some difficulties in the first half. We were down at the half and we could only regain the lead in the 3rd quarter. In the last quarter, we started to defend better, to intercept and score some easy baskets. Once we were in the lead, the game was over.

Following the game, Gregg Popovich stated to the press that you have had a great defensive performance and that for him, finishing with 22 points was not the most important.

Yes, I know we talked about it. People often only remember the shoots scored but one needs to know that we scored some extremely important baskets thanks to our great defensive effort. With 5 interceptions, I think I have played my best defensive game of the year.

Even if Pop declines to comment on this, you once again have been very agile and precise with the ball.

Yes, I shoot very well but it does not dates back to today as it has been for a while now that I am agile and precise. When I woke up from my nap, I saw online that I was at 49,6% for shooting. On the opposite, I am still horible at the free-throw line. I shoot so well that I say to myself that it note possible to be so bad from the line. I try to look at the positive end… (Laughs)

Tony, what made you decide to do a one hand dunk in the 4th quarter, did you go crazy ?

(laughs) We had four days of rest and my legs were felling so good ! Moer seriously, as soon as I made that steal, I knew I would dink. For a while my teammates, friends and brothers were messing with me on the subject. They kep on reminding me that I had not duked since the begining of the season. it is funny as we did talk about it with Boris (Diaw) last week. When I intercepted my eyes were wide open towards the basket. I wanted to dunk so bad to bring the crowd to their feet! My dad could not believe it and called me after the game to tell that my head what at the rim level.

How do you explain that you do not dunk during games anymore ?

I know that the fans are a bit disapointed when I only shoot lay-ups but if I do not feel at 110% I'd rather play it safe. i was extremely happy to dunk with the manner and now, I have decided to do it more often, or a least try.

A few minutes later, Tim Duncan scored a 3 pointer…

Yes, he did so not to give me 100 dollars, he attempted the 3 and it went in... He is cheap ! (laughs)

CosmicCowboy
02-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Yes, he did so not to give me 100 dollars, he attempted the 3 and it went in... He is cheap ! (laughs)

:lmao

boutons
02-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I don't know enough betting lingo and betting games to make up the credible script, but I've this week imagined a time-out huddle with 5 secs remaining and a Spurs bucket will win the game.

Pop is trying to decide which play to run for which player, and first goes around the huddle checking who's betting on whom, while the players, IR, and coaches are pulling $100 bills out of the pants as PJ collects the bets. :lol

The next season, the Spurs re-locate to Vegas. :)

san antonio spurs
02-25-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't know enough betting lingo and betting games to make up the credible script, but I've this week imagined a time-out huddle with 5 secs remaining and a Spurs bucket will win the game.

Pop is trying to decide which play to run for which player, and first goes around the huddle checking who's betting on whom, while the players, IR, and coaches are pulling $100 bills out of the pants as PJ collects the bets. :lol

:lmao
________
Wong Amat Beach (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

SpursWoman
02-25-2005, 04:08 PM

I like the visual... :lol :lol

grjr
02-25-2005, 06:21 PM
50 bucks the Smales kid picks his nose.