PDA

View Full Version : Parker looks rusty or...

Flux451
12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Something. I don't know but it is painful to watch him play right now. It looks like he is unsure of everything he does.

Any thoughts?

Phenomanul
12-18-2008, 05:23 PM
His "blazing speed" is stacked somewhere on the shelf for the moment...

phxspurfan
12-18-2008, 05:24 PM
His J is pretty good...and so is his FT stroke. He's not really the problem right now.

Rohirrim
12-18-2008, 05:31 PM
He will be solid come playoff time.

We have bigger problems. :depressed

T Park
12-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Go back to SPursreport for the love of god..

T Park
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Yeah Kurt Thomas's defense, Duncan, and Bonner were just pathetic last night.

Take out Bonner's off shooting, and what was so bad?

God....

tomtom
12-18-2008, 05:45 PM
he's fine and his jumpshot is looking better than ever, no need to panic

Tully365
12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Spurs are 6-1 in their last 7 games. He looks pretty good to me.

SmellyFeet
12-18-2008, 06:09 PM

God....

Who the fuck are you to tell anyone to leave, quitter? :lol

P.S you are a fat fuck.

Austin_Toros
12-18-2008, 06:19 PM
i rather focus on the issue of bonners 15 FG attempts than parkers play

exstatic
12-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Tony just looks really passive. His improved jumper should be opening the lane wide for him, but Hill is MUCH more the aggressor in the paint right now.

kuato
12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Tony just looks really passive. His improved jumper should be opening the lane wide for him, but Hill is MUCH more the aggressor in the paint right now.
Too much Longoria !!! :p:

itzsoweezee
12-18-2008, 11:37 PM
just from watching him play it's obvious that he's hurting from something. he's got no explosiveness. even when he takes it to the hole he just throws it up.

hope he's not just making things worse by continuing to play.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
just from watching him play it's obvious that he's hurting from something. he's got no explosiveness. even when he takes it to the hole he just throws it up.

hope he's not just making things worse by continuing to play.

They should sit him for about a week...he looks tired.

Rohirrim
12-18-2008, 11:54 PM

God....

Re-sign Finley, he won't get starter minutes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-19-2008, 12:18 AM

God....

Yeah their D sucked when they were constantly having to cover Paul after he dribbled past Parker...

Blackjack
12-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Something is definitely not right with Parker. He's looked nowhere near the player he was before the ankle injury. I'm not sure if he came back too early, (similar to last year) or if he and the team are just out of sync, but even when he's had his moments like the 4th quarter in Minnesota, he just hasn't looked like the same player.

I'm not sure if the Spurs need to sit him or what, but this team needs the pre-injury Tony if they're going to have any chance at a title this year.

T Park
12-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah their D sucked when they were constantly having to cover Paul after he dribbled past Parker...

Name me a player that can stay in front of Chris Paul.

Parker nor Hill healthy can. Paul is unguardable as it gets.

Slippy
12-19-2008, 04:46 AM
Parker's effort on D against Paul should be questioned. Had me wondering whether he was holding back or just didn't have it in him cause of injury. It maybe a case of being rusty but i think it's more to do with pacing himself and conserving energy on the defesnive end. Either way Paul got away too easily and the lack of response to hustle back was not good enough for Tony Parker standards

roycrikside
12-19-2008, 05:15 AM

So let me get this straight. Yesterday you were ripping Manu for his turnovers and basically blaming him for the whole loss even though he was the team's best shooter, and today you're defending Tony even though he was 3-17 with 4 turnovers?

Do I have this right?

And then you expect people on the board to take you seriously? I mean, seriously?

Exactly how are you different from Ducks again?

word
12-19-2008, 05:43 AM
It's not Parker. If we want to be a team that just jacks 3's all night, welcome to OKC. Spurs go through Tim Duncan. They aren't doing that and it is fucking maddening to watch. You can get away with that at home. On the road...not so much. You better be 'on' if you want to go off the reservation. I shivver to think what Boston or ...*cough* Cleveland would do to us. It 's like they've given up and checked out the stats and paper and pop went, 'We can't win this thing...just have fun....hey...I grew a beard...haha...'we'd be wininng if we could make our shots'.

Wow..now THAT'S a revelation...similar to, 'We'd be winning if we just put up more points when the final buzzer went off. '

How did Pop fall into this ? How did this brilliant mind go so far off the reservation ?

'We'd be winning if we'd just make our shots....'

Okie dokie....

Yeah...well...uhmmm...maybe you aren't taking the ...right shots ?

caribbean_spur
12-19-2008, 08:08 AM
I have to agree, something seems off with Parker. He has not retrieve his speed and explosiveness since he's been back from his injury. I hope it's nothing serious and that he did not come back too soon from this injury.

WalterBenitez
12-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Eva is pushing this guy so much, we need a restriction order to protect our PG!

DaBears
12-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Love the SPURS! But why are we making excuse's for them they got thier A$$'s handed to them.

Give credit to the other teams!!

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 09:54 AM

+1

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Love the SPURS! But why are we making excuse's for them they got thier A$$'s handed to them.

Give credit to the other teams!!

I did. They've got better talent and Pops coaching isnt gonna help this team anymore. The league caught up to us last season. And during this off season we didnt do anything to help ourselves in the paint. All we did was bring in more shooters. We didnt do a thing to help out our biggest problem. Getting Timmy some help. You can thank Manu for getting hurt, and making us change our priority's in finding players. And thats a fact. If Manu doesnt hit 5 3 pointers in a game he isnt gonna score 20 plus points. He was the goto guy for us. He doesnt have that in him anymore. He's like Roger and Finley. Just another jump shot shooter. Now Manu can pass the ball, but if you have noone under the paint besides Timmy who can catch it, what good does that do us. Zerooooooooo........... Its just another Manu turnover.

T Park
12-19-2008, 10:01 AM
What bigman was available that they should've gone after?

Names, and list them, right fucking now trick.

Flux451
12-19-2008, 12:17 PM

Never been there...go back to your Republican drawing board. Change your fucking sig, Obama is leading now biotch!!!

Plus, you are a hypocrite.
You write similiar accusations. I am trying to get some people to share their thoughts on a player who has definitely looked better. And it seems like everyone who has replied agrees...to the effect he isn't fully healed. Go post your garbage in a hater only thread. Petty shit, man.

George Gervin's Afro
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Parkers defense on jamir nelson was less than desirable. What frustrates me the most about Parker is his desire to take a game over. On certain nights that is what we need but there are others that he is having an off night and he needs to get others involved. last night he was 1 for 10 yet on many occasions he dominated the ball to shoot yet another bad jumper.

xtremesteven33
12-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Tony looked tired, un focused and intimidated about driving it in.

But when you got the MAN CHILD Dwight Howard under the basket id be too. The guy is a FREAK!!

hater
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
well getting owned by CP3 and then Jameer nelson the next nigth gotta hurt

timaios
12-19-2008, 02:01 PM
well getting owned by CP3 and then Jameer nelson the next nigth gotta hurt

T. Parker 34min FG 8-13 20pts
C. Paul 39min FG 7-15 19pts

:rolleyes

hater
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
because points is all that matters

timaios
12-19-2008, 02:09 PM
because points is all that matters

So Parker get owned by Paul because Paul had 12 ast... His average.

I take a Parker/Paul 20/19pts anyday !

hater
12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
if you would have watched the game you would have seen Paul was flat out playing harder than Tony. He was going for lose balls/rebounds/steals/jump balls and getting his team involved. Even to the point of runing circles around TD and losing Parker while doing it. which sparked Pop to go ballistic on Tp

timaios
12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
if you would have watched the game you would have seen Paul was flat out playing harder than Tony. He was going for lose balls/rebounds/steals/jump balls and getting his team involved. Even to the point of runing circles around TD and losing Parker while doing it. which sparked Pop to go ballistic on Tp

I watch all spurs games.
Parker 5reb 1stl
Paul 6reb 3stl

Wow we can tell TP is getting owned by Paul.

Paul played a little better than Parker... That's all. So what, Paul is a better player than Parker.
I say it again, i take a Parker/Paul 20/19pts game anyday !

de Soto
12-19-2008, 02:33 PM
As I said before, Parker is not the same player he was before his injury. And it only gets worse. What's up with that? Eva riding him too hard?:(

EVAY
12-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Tony had one single moment last night when he actually looked like his old self. That was right after he was embarassed by having the inbounds pass taken away from him for a simple layup. Then he went down, was agressive, drove and did a twisting layup. That was vintage Tony. The problem is that it showed what he can do, just doesn't seem to feel like doing most of the time these days. He appears to be just going through the motions.

saxman
12-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree with what has been said already about how Parker is playing. He does seem sluggish. He hasn't been very aggresive and when he tries to be aggressive he doesn't seem to be able to get by the defense. On defense, he can't stay in front of other guards and has a lot of trouble getting by picks.

I've noticed this since he came back from his injury. which leads me to believe that he is not 100%.

xtremesteven33
12-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I think Parker/Manu take it as flattery when they have a bad game and people assume theyre hurt.

:lol