PDA

View Full Version : completely legal links

homer
12-18-2008, 07:11 PM
For those of us that don't have cable, satelite, or don't live in the U.S., but want to watch the Spurs online, You shold read the following article.

ESPN, TNT to stream live NBA games this season
by Daniel Langendorf
October 31st, 2007 | Posted in Net TV | 6 Comments

Now you have no excuse for missing that Golden State Warriors game. You will be able to watch all games televised by ESPN and TNT this NBA season no matter where you are and what equipment you have on hand.

Thanks to new digital rights, ESPN and TNT will start the NBA season by streaming games live on their broadband outlets — ESPN360 and TNT Overtime (available on TNT.tv and NBA.com). You can watch games on TV, on your phone, or on a computer. (MediaDailyNews.)

Also see: ESPN begins opening up access to its broadband channel ESPN360

“Part of the point is that when we get exclusive games, we can broadcast them anywhere,” John Skipper, the executive vice president for ESPN content, told The York Times.

The digital rights, announced in June, will pay the NBA $7.4 billion through the 2015-2016 season. As part of the deal, ESNP and TNT can deploy their digital rights this season. The first year of the TV portions of the contract does not start until after next season.

For ESPN, it can stream games on the Mobile TV service that is available on Verizon’s MediaFlo, as well as on ESPN360. The rights also allow for live and on-demand streaming of ESPN studio shows and live audio streaming of their radio and TV shows dedicated to the NBA.

TNT, which as the same rights as ESPN, will use its broadband service, TNT Overtime, to stream its games, highlights and other NBA programming. TNT can also stream its games to cellphones, offer NBA podcasts, and expand league content into areas like fantasy games.

The NBA also has granted digital rights to the networks on platforms not yet available.

Wonder how Yao Ming will look on that tiny cellphone display.

You can read the article at http://www.last100.com/2007/10/31/963/
:hat

ChumpDumper
12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I caught some of the TNT coverage through a Yahoo link. It was awesome. They had a frame with four camera views running simultaneously and you could choose any one of them to run full screen.

ClingingMars
12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
that's pretty fuckin awesome

-Mars

duncan228
12-18-2008, 07:19 PM
I caught some of the TNT coverage through a Yahoo link. It was awesome. They had a frame with four camera views running simultaneously and you could choose any one of them to run full screen.

They did that in the Playoffs last year, in the LA series, it was fantastic. They also let fans vote on which player the two 'player cams' would be on each quarter. It was wonderful. I was hoping they'd bring it back.

homer
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
They did that in the Playoffs last year, in the LA series, it was fantastic. They also let fans vote on which player the two 'player cams' would be on each quarter. It was wonderful. I was hoping they'd bring it back.

As you can see, that article was written last year. I have been watching games online for years, mostly illegal broadcasts, but whenever they are on TNT or ESPN, I watch those. I remembered this article, searched for it, found it, and decided to post it. I hope it helps people get a chance to watch a few games they would otherwise miss.

Chieflion
12-18-2008, 07:37 PM
How much time till the game starts? Sorry, I do not live in US.

homer
12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
How much time till the game starts? Sorry, I do not live in US.

approx 20 minutes at 7pm central time.

Chieflion
12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks. I do not want to miss the game. Thanks for the link.

homer
12-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks. I do not want to miss the game. Thanks for the link.

NP

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2008, 07:56 PM
You can now get Broadband League Pass in many countries, through which you can watch all games. It is well worth it for US$100 if you love the NBA.

Spurs Brazil
12-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Great news

Allanon
12-18-2008, 08:02 PM
In case you're wondering, tonight's game is on TNT online...there's a Manu cam going right now.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
link to the page please?

duncan228
12-18-2008, 08:10 PM
link to the page please?

http://www.tnt.tv/sports/nba/overtime09_live/

Reck
12-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Whenever there is a game on ESPN or on TNT I can watch it on my tv. This is kind of worthless for people who get those channels.

duncan228
12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Whenever there is a game on ESPN or on TNT I can watch it on my tv. This is kind of worthless for people who get those channels.

The player cams are really cool, it gives you a chance to follow the game different than the main cameras are on TV. Plus, they don't break for commercials, they're on the entire game.

sonic21

For those of us that don't have cable, satelite, or don't live in the U.S., but want to watch the Spurs online, You shold read the following article.

duncan228
Anyone see a way to vote for the Spurs cam? I'm only getting the Magic choices.

Reck
12-18-2008, 08:18 PM
The player cams are really cool, it gives you a chance to follow the game different than the main cameras are on TV. Plus, they don't break for commercials, they're on the entire game.

Sweet. I'm gonna give that a change then.

Reck
12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Is it just me or the scores are both at 0 on the TNT overtime thing?

MaNuMaNiAc
12-18-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.tnt.tv/sports/nba/overtime09_live/

thanks

duncan228
12-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I've got no score either.

duncan228
12-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I had pop-ups blocked, when I allowed them I got the score and the Spurs vote thing. In case that helps anyone. :)

duncan228
12-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Looks like we'll get Parker for the 2nd Q, anyone want to help me for the 3rd? :)

Reck
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I had pop-ups blocked, when I allowed them I got the score and the Spurs vote thing. In case that helps anyone. :)

Indeed. :)

Thanks for the heads up. :toast

Reck
12-18-2008, 08:34 PM

Ahh I'm having to refresh the page all the time for the scores to update. Too much of a pain for me to keep doing that.

duncan228
12-18-2008, 08:42 PM
For people without TNT it must be a dream. It's a great feed.

It's a win-win for me. I've got the TV, and I've got the camera of my choice on the net. I'm thrilled they're doing it again.

Reck
12-18-2008, 08:46 PM
For people without TNT it must be a dream. It's a great feed.

It's a win-win for me. I've got the TV, and I've got the camera of my choice on the net. I'm thrilled they're doing it again.

True that.

I have the 4 screen split and have the volume turn down. Its awesome. I could care less for the score at this point since I'm getting it instantaneously on tv.

bobbybob0
12-19-2008, 09:39 AM
You can now get Broadband League Pass in many countries, through which you can watch all games. It is well worth it for US$100 if you love the NBA.

I would gladly pay these 100 bucks... if only it was available in France :ihit

Gotta stick to the "illegal" links...