Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2008, 09:16 PM
4 rings b!tch.

peskypesky
nyet

crc21209
Riiight I will take TD over Howard any day. All Howard's game is based on is dunking and blocking shots really. No post moves.

td4mvp21
12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh give me a break...

Rohirrim
12-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Kiss the rings bitch!

justinandimcool
12-18-2008, 09:18 PM
To be honest, Howard's owned Duncan when they've clashed head to head as of late.

z0sa
12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
In a jumping contest?You can't honestly be talking about basketball, you know, the sport?

The_Game
12-18-2008, 09:20 PM
4 rings b!tch.

what has the past got to do with now? Dwight is better than Duncan right now..

InK
12-18-2008, 09:21 PM

At which of these points are we now?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2008, 09:23 PM
what has the past got to do with now? Dwight is better than Duncan right now..

Oh, I didn't know regular opinions were thread worthy.
I guess I should go start the Paul>Parker and Kobe>Manu thread.

Sigz
12-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I'd still take Duncan over Howard today....

But some of you guys make him to be a poor player, when I wish I could have this young beast for the future.

dirk4mvp
12-18-2008, 09:47 PM
I wonder what genius scheduled this national tv game. Nobody wants to watch a 56-36 game halfway through the 3rd.

balli
12-18-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't think he's better. But he's more gifted. And he helps his team defensively more than TD does at this point. I'll tell you Dwight's better when he has a single go to post move. A couple of those and a moderately better shot and it's over.

I wonder what genius scheduled this national tv game. Nobody wants to watch a 56-36 game halfway through the 3rd.
I wonder what asshole decided to give TNT exclusive THUR rights. Too bad we can't tune into a good game right now on League Pass.

HarlemHeat37
12-18-2008, 10:36 PM
it's arguable..but if you put Howard on the Spurs, we're much worse..

Howard doesn't have anywhere near Duncan's complete scoring arsenal..Duncan is levels better as a passer..Howard is a better shot blocker, but Duncan remains a better team defender..

playoff Duncan isn't the same as season Duncan..and prime Duncan>>>>>>Howard..

Josepatches_
12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Today IMO Tim is still better tha Howard but obviously he can't be better forever.He is older than Howard.
But Duncan was much better than Howard will be able of being in the future.

tlongII
12-18-2008, 10:45 PM
At this moment Howard is clearly better than Duncan. That cannot be argued. Duncan will go down as one the league's greatest, but he's not as good as he used to be.

xtremesteven33
12-18-2008, 10:46 PM
At this moment Howard is clearly better than Duncan. That cannot be argued. Duncan will go down as one the league's greatest, but he's not as good as he used to be.

:td

romad_20
12-18-2008, 10:48 PM
At this moment Howard is clearly better than Duncan. That cannot be argued.

As in what way? Decision making? Shooting? Post moves? Passing? Defensive rotations or just fucking jumping real high? You guys are dumb as hell.

Forgot to add leadership, Howard's a much better leader, too. :lmao

kace
12-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Duncan has been owned by a lot of great young bigs these last two years and these last games (jefferson, howard, chandler or west ...). they're young, they admire tim and are really willing to fight against him and he simply can't match their intensity. seeing him being powerless against them is sometimes painful.

he will still bring it when it matters the most but a big who can defend this kind of player would be great to help tim. more KT ?

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 10:55 PM
I'd take Duncan in the playoffs but Howard is showing he has alot of potential...

SpursFan0728
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Duncan is more complete

phyzik
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
I'd love Dwight on the Spurs but no way in hell would he be the main man.

Put it this way, If Spurs where to offer up Duncan for Dwight, the whole city of Orlando would cream their pants simultaniously.

dirk4mvp
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM

Put it this way, If Spurs where to offer up Duncan for Dwight, the whole city of Orlando would cream their pants simultaniously.

At this point in Duncan's career?

endrity
12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Come playoff time I still take Duncan. Howard is still very raw offensively. To be honest I doubt he'll ever be a big time scorer, he is too stiff and fluid enough. I know he is only 22, but if you look back at TD, Dirk, KG, Bosh, when they were 22 you could tell already that they would become accomplished scorers. They had the moves, the shots. Howard still has nothing, and I don't know if all the weight he has put on is actually a good thing.

TDMVPDPOY
12-18-2008, 11:06 PM
duncan fans gettin all defensive.......id ont give shit besides the scoreboard and thw win-loss column for the night, fuck this...

romad_20
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM
duncan fans gettin all defensive.......id ont give shit besides the scoreboard and thw win-loss column for the night, fuck this...

:drunk

anakha
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM

Incredibly funny, considering your username.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:22 PM

I doubt that...no way Orlando fans would want to trade 10-12 All-Star years for 4-5 max...

HarlemHeat37
12-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Orlando obviously wouldn't trade Dwight for Duncan at this point..

I like Howard, I think he has the potential to be the best player in the NBA in 2-3 years..his offensive game keeps improving, and his defense is already elite..

SpursDynasty
12-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Dwight Howard is pretty average. I can name 10 other centers in the NBA that I'd take before Dwight Howard.

td4mvp21
12-18-2008, 11:29 PM

GMAFB. Seriously, this is unintelligence at it's highest. Duncan is a better passer, better defender, better scorer, has a better post game, and has a better bball IQ. The only thing Howard has on TD is athleticism, and that's why he is a better shot blocker and rebounder.

romad_20
12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
I love Howard, he is one of my favorite's not on the Spurs but this argument is dumb. Are we talking about a potiential or the best chance of winning a championship right now? That choice is pretty obvious. TD makes the people around him better than Dwight, knows what to do in every situation possible and is about as reliable as any player to ever play. In the playoffs you know you're getting 26ppg 11reb, Badass Tim Duncan. Even with plantar fasciitis he was badass. The man won a championship with both ankles sparained.

Dwight has plenty of athelitic talent, is a great shot blocker and protects the rim, but is limited in the post and passing out of double teams. That’s the truth as of today.

kcplayboi_26
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM

yea exactly at this moment but these guys obviously dont and wont see that

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Dwight Howard is pretty average. I can name 10 other centers in the NBA that I'd take before Dwight Howard.

That's shock value...

phyzik
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Get back to me when Dwight makes noise louder than a kazoo in the playoffs.

TDfan2007
12-19-2008, 12:00 AM
so...

Tim gets 19, 9, and 3 while Howard gets 14, 13, and 0. Good God this Duncan guy is pathetic huh? Almost 20 and 10 on the second night of a back to back, basically the only guy on the team doing anything positive, and holds Howard below his averages.

You guys make me sick. At least wait till he has a horrible game and Howard dominates him to post crap like this.

td4mvp21
12-19-2008, 12:06 AM
No seriously, how AT THIS MOMENT is Howard better than Duncan when Duncan is a better: passer, defender, scorer, has a better low post game, has a better outside game, and has a higher bball IQ?

Spurtacus
12-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Thread is a waste of space. I fucking like my space.

romain.star
12-19-2008, 06:20 AM
AT THE MOMENT, Duncan sure is better than Howard (scoring, defense, passing, BB IQ)

but no way Orlando will give up a 10 years at elite level player for a 1 year MVP contender who will turn on a 2 years all star player in 2010

m33p0
12-19-2008, 07:06 AM
hmmm... let's see... Howard comes back from a 2 game layoff while Duncan arrived at 3:30 in the morning to play the second of a back-to-back...

sonic21
12-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Tim PER is -20 wow
but still Tim>>howard

Rogue
12-19-2008, 08:30 AM
DH still need to prove the ridiculous comment that DH>>>>>>TD. But TD doen't need to prove anything because he has achieved some things that DH will never even touch.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Not just yet with Dwight. But easily. KG>Timmy

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Not just yet with Dwight. But easily. KG>Timmy

Kill Bill > MrsPurs. Easily.

SAGambler
12-19-2008, 10:22 AM
To be honest, Howard's owned Duncan when they've clashed head to head as of late.

While Duncan has the BBIQ over Howard, Howard has the youth and athleticism over Duncan.

DarrinS
12-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Howard is an athletic freak.

He reminds me a little bit of DRob -- strong upper body with skinny, springy legs.

It would be fun to watch a young DRob go against Howard. We all know who would get owned in that matchup.

BTW, comparing Timmy to Howard is silly. Totally different style of player.

DarrinS
12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
But I will throw this in...

A rested Howard and Jameer Nelson are better than a tired Duncan and Parker.

41times
12-19-2008, 11:17 AM
It's simple really.

If you were a GM and starting a team today and you could pick Howard or Duncan which one would you pick?

Answer: Howard hands down no questions asked.

He is a dominating young man.

Now if you asked the question 5 years ago the answer would be Timmy.

But the question was today.

Trainwreck2100
12-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Howard's guards didn't play like shit last night.

Spork KIller
12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Dwight Howard is way better than robot duncon, I laugh @ these bitches bringing the "4 rings" card... Those rings were a team effort ..

One on One Howard is way ahead of boring Duncon!

I Love Me Some Me
12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
5 seconds left, game 7 of the finals, down by one....who would you rather have with the ball in his hands, Duncan or Howard?

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2008, 01:05 PM
well that's another thing that Duncan has over him..unlike Shaq and Howard, Duncan is a guy you can give the ball to in clutch time, and he makes something happen..he's also a 70% free throw shooter at this point, so he isn't as much of a liability as he's been in the past in that regard..

Southwest Texas Fan
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM

Duncan is playing some of his best basketball ever.

41times
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
5 seconds left, game 7 of the finals, down by one....who would you rather have with the ball in his hands, Duncan or Howard?

Kobe, LeBron or DWade.

But that was not the original question. But to answer this question i would take Timmy.

But Howard is a better player today and if i was starting a team today i would take Howard and so would 90% of all GM's But it's a fun discussion.

DarrinS
12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Dwight Howard is way better than robot duncon, I laugh @ these bitches bringing the "4 rings" card... Those rings were a team effort ..

One on One Howard is way ahead of boring Duncon!

Remind me why your crappy Suns went out and got lard-ass Shaqtus again.

tlongII
12-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Let's see...

Howard has a higher scoring average.
Howard has higher rebounding average.
Howard blocks more shots.
Howards's team has a better record than Duncan's team.

OK, I get it. Duncan must be better. :rolleyes

benefactor
12-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Let's see...

You have proven you can read. We are all impressed.

Darrin
12-19-2008, 03:32 PM
At this point..................

Duncan's always had problems with Shaquille O'Neal. The fact the Spurs don't have another big man who can guard the best on the other team hurts them. Kurt Thomas is undersized and his jumper is failing him. In other words, they miss Robert Horry and Francisco Elson.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
they miss Francisco Elson.

I wouldn't go that far...

Armando
12-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Younger and more athletic, but dumb as a bag of hammers, poor passer and has NO post skills. Hes a bigger version of of that PHX loser!

Are you serious?

Armando
12-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Duncan

If it were the Magic the ball would be in Hedo's or Lewis's hands. D12 is not polish enough on offense for that. Plus the other team would just foul him if he touches the ball.

duncan228
12-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Howard in process of surpassing Duncan (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8954866/Howard-in-process-of-surpassing-Duncan)
by Charley Rosen

Game Time: Magic 90, Spurs 78

Yes, the Spurs arrived in Orlando at 3:30 a.m. after a tough loss in New Orleans. And, yes, Dwight Howard was well-rested after being out of action for two games with a bruised knee.

But there they were going head to head: Tim Duncan, at 32 already a legend in his own time, a four-time NBA champ, and a two-time MVP, versus Dwight Howard, a 23-year-old rebounding colossus and rapidly developing monster in the middle.

Here's how this particular generational battle turned out.

HOWARD'S OFFENSE-DUNCAN'S DEFENSE

* Every time TD showed on screen/rolls, Howard cut unopposed to the hoop with mixed results — one made and one missed layup, and one turnover committed when he had his back to the passer and couldn't turn quickly enough to get a handle on the ball. Twice he was unguarded but ignored by his teammates.

* In an early-offense sequence, Howard ran to the front of the rim, pushed Duncan out of the way, but missed the ensuing layup, with Duncan trying a flopperoo to no avail. The next time Howard tried the same stunt, TD offered sufficient resistance before falling backwards so that Howard was caught with his pushing arm extended — and DH was tooted for an offensive foul.

* Howard made a powerful cross-lane cut, received a perfectly timed entry pass, and served up a rim-jammer. Duncan was flat-out beaten here.

* From the right box, Howard made a tight spin left but couldn't escape Duncan's long-armed defense — and missed a lefty layup.

* On several plays, Howard faced up and drove hard to the rim — scoring on a reverse layup, going baseline and successfully attacking the near edge of the basket, getting fouled by a helping Matt Bonner (2-for-2 from the stripe), stepping on the baseline en route to the hoop, and also losing possession to a swipe by Manu Ginobili.

* Howard's fourth turnover occurred when he tossed a silly pass to a teammate who had cut into a crowd.

* Duncan studiously tried to box Howard off the offensive glass and was mostly successful — limiting the young man to a single put-back score.

* Twice Howard beat Duncan downcourt in fastbreak situations — scoring an easy layup, then getting the ball slapped out of bounds as TD caught him from behind.

* When operating against Duncan, Howard shot 6-for-10 and scored 14 points, with all four of his misses being very makeable layups..

* Overall, Howard repeatedly overpowered Duncan and in so doing established terrific position in the paint. Also, Howard's spins and drives were much more explosive than they have been in the past. If only he had some kind of short-range jumper, Howard would be literally unstoppable.

DUNCAN'S OFFENSE-HOWARD'S DEFENSE

* Duncan had tremendous difficulty outmuscling his opponent and establishing prime position on a regular basis. Which is why he had to settle for taking mid-range jumpers — shooting 3-for-7 on these, none of them under bothersome pressure. The only time that Howard seriously challenged one of these shots, his hands were brought to his waist-level in response to Duncan's several ball-fakes, and TD had a clean look (which he converted).

* Early on, Howard aggressively fronted Duncan in the low post and successfully denied him the ball.

* When Duncan was able to post up and receive an entry pass, he produced a sensational lefty spin and off-balance lefty layup, drew a foul (making 1-for-2), missed a lunging lefty layup, and also missed the three jump hooks he attempted.

* Duncan also turned a trick on Howard by beating him downcourt in a running situation. Howard arrived on the scene just in time to bite on a fake and commit a foul (TD went 2-for-2 here).

* When Duncan received the ball after making a cross-lane cut, Howard was on the spot to block the ensuing layup attempt.

* In their mano-a-mano confrontations, TD shot 4-for-12 and tallied 13 (of his total of 19) points.

On offense, Howard has a huge edge in power, while Duncan's ability to hit jumpers was his primary advantage. Also, TD has more ways of scoring in the low post and is a much better passer from there (he had three assists to none for Howard).

On defense, Howard utilized his strength well, but was a bit slow in his lateral movement. Duncan is a better help-defender by a wide margin.

Howard is, of course,the superior rebounder, having better hands, quicker hops and a wider range of influence.

Howard will certainly overtake Duncan in the long run, but only if he broadens his offensive repertoire and becomes more savvy on defense.

In the here and now, Howard wins the first round by a unanimous decision.

DarrinS
12-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Again, why are we comparing 32 yr old 1st ballot HOF'ers with 23 yr old up and comers?

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Let's see...

+1 and the hits just keep on coming

kingmalaki
12-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Howard is nice, but he still has no post moves and his man D is weak. He is good at help defense (mainly getting blocks), but if I needed a stop I would still rather have Duncan. This is why Yao bust his balls every time they play, etc....

DarrinS
12-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Howard has nothing on this man.

Cracks me up how Rodman and Jack Haley try to hug and high-five Drob and he just kindof ignores them.

SUn7BvZ-4ZQ

ThriveForFive
12-19-2008, 07:02 PM
If you are wanting to make a championship run for one season only, nobody would take Howard over Duncan.