PDA

View Full Version : LMAO @ people who think Spurs are contenders

The_Game
12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
this team is a joke

we beat up a few bad teams in a 6 game win streak and people get excited...fact is this team is not good enough to contend with the the Celtics, Cavs or Lakers.

these two games were to prove we could contend with the good teams and have failed

peskypesky
oh ok

Mr.Bottomtooth
1. regular season
2. early in the season
3. team still meshing
4. eh, you know the rest

sonic21
12-18-2008, 09:18 PM
yeah ok

InK
12-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Yawn, who would have ever thought a thread like this would be started at a time like this. So boring

z0sa
12-18-2008, 09:20 PM
This your first spurs season?

duncan228
12-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Have you people just started to watch the Spurs? They do this every year. They come on strong with the RRT. You can search threads here for years, same shit this time of year every season.

Believe.

The_Game
12-18-2008, 09:23 PM
This your first spurs season?

nope been here a while, fact is this spurs team just isn't that good anymore

benefactor
12-18-2008, 09:24 PM
It is still December...isn't it?

FromWayDowntown
12-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Should Have Swept a Road Back-to-Back Against Teams with Great Records forum.

45 bank shot
12-18-2008, 09:25 PM
man ppl like " The Game" picked on SPurs when they were down. A real Spurs fan will support em no matter wat happens. so stopp callin urself a fan of San Antonio unless u shut da trap

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2008, 09:25 PM
And why laugh at those who believe that team that YOU root for?

dougp
12-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Have you people just started to watch the Spurs? They do this every year. They come on strong with the RRT. You can search threads here for years, same shit this time of year every season.

Believe.

We need a members only forum for serious discussions ... pshhh.

td4mvp21
12-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Reck
12-18-2008, 09:28 PM
This post is legit.

This Spurs team blows. While I'll agreed that they do this every year it seems, this year tops all. They're all playing like shit, no defense, no ofense. Cant do shit right. This team is doomed this year.

If somehow they make the PO they will get ass raped by whichever team they face.

Spurs can only contend with scrub teams...barely.

Rohirrim
12-18-2008, 09:29 PM
We need a members only forum for serious discussions ... pshhh.

That would exclude the "It's only February, no worries" pack.

More like a "Same Old Cliche Excuses" forum; but it might implode at the end during odd years due to insufficient ammo.

InK
12-18-2008, 09:29 PM
And why laugh at those who believe that team that YOU root for?

Ye, why? Answer that or gtfo this thread.

IceColdBrewski
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
nope been here a while

And all you ever do is put down the Spurs and call their fans idiotic homers whenever they get excited about anything. The only team you ever have anything good to say about is the Lakers. You're on their jock constantly.

Why don't you do us all a favor and drop the Spurs fan act. It's not fooling anyone.

urunobili
12-18-2008, 10:02 PM

Believe.

duncan228 can i use this quoted with your name you for my next sig? :king

anakha
12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
This post is legit.

This Spurs team blows. While I'll agreed that they do this every year it seems, this year tops all. They're all playing like shit, no defense, no ofense. Cant do shit right. This team is doomed this year.

If somehow they make the PO they will get ass raped by whichever team they face.

Is that your prediction for this season? :lmao

Danny.Zhu
12-18-2008, 10:07 PM
this team is a joke

we beat up a few bad teams in a 6 game win streak and people get excited...fact is this team is not good enough to contend with the the Celtics, Cavs or Lakers.

these two games were to prove we could contend with the good teams and have failed

Spurs' wage is US$20m+ less than those 3 teams, so it's ok that we cannot contend those 3.

ILoveOranges
12-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Yay way to freak out!

1usamotorsports.com
12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
I just turned T.v off .

spurastic
12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I have to log out of Spurstalk as I can't stand the whining, blaming, and complaining.

crc21209
12-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Ummm you do know the Spurs have beaten Dallas, Denver, and Houston this year right? Last I checked, those are playoff-caliber teams.

cp3 4 mvp
12-18-2008, 10:39 PM
It is still December...isn't it?

The spurs started 17-3 last year, in december. You just have to realize that you all arent going to win unless you get younger legs in there. If you think duncan, parker and ginobli will get better as the season goes on you are wrong, i think the opposite will happen. George hill and mason should be splitting the minutes with parker and ginobli then increasing parker and ginoblis minutes at the end of the season. Also, im not sure why bonner is starting.

HarlemHeat37
12-18-2008, 10:41 PM
-we outplayed New Orleans for 3 and a half quarter..we couldn't make wide open shots..

-back to back vs. a REALLY good Orlando team..the Spurs got in at 3:30 in the morning..

-Manu and Parker are CLEARLY not a 100% and haven't adjusted to the rest of the team yet..

-it's the regular season, where we've been "struggling" at times for years..

-all you babies need to shut the fuck up..

HarlemHeat37
12-18-2008, 10:41 PM
The spurs started 17-3 last year, in december. You just have to realize that you all arent going to win unless you get younger legs in there. If you think duncan, parker and ginobli will get better as the season goes on you are wrong, i think the opposite will happen. George hill and mason should be splitting the minutes with parker and ginobli then increasing parker and ginoblis minutes at the end of the season. Also, im not sure why bonner is starting.

you're a Hornets fan, you don't know anything about winning..

Austin_Toros
12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
ok, spurs are a playoffs teams so already they are contenders. DUH!
also, we will destroy the cavs; they suck.

Creation88
12-18-2008, 10:45 PM
it annoys the shit outta me how panicked people get on this board.

we shot poorly again, it happens. pop will chew them out and they'll have a good home set.

Man In Black
12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
If that's the best you got, you ain't got shit. Game recognizes game and I'm informing you again, yours is non-existent. :nope

Love,

THE MAN IN BLACK :hat

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 10:51 PM
1. regular season
2. early in the season
3. team still meshing
4. eh, you know the rest

There is going to come a point where all the early season loses are going to mean something when playoff seedings are determined. I know everyone likes to blame ugly games like this to the rationales you mentioned but I don't think they can afford to do it this year and expect to be in good shape seeding wise come March and April. I'm sure people will want to say homecourt and playoff seeds mean nothing but there is a reason why 5-8 seeds rarely win titles...playing on the road every series against the toughest teams takes it's toll.

Mister Sinister
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
What are you, dense?

Man In Black
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
playing on the road every series against the toughest teams takes it's toll.

I agree with you but having said that...isn't it Pop who always says no matter what, you have to be able to win on the road. And the Spurs have done that.

Capt Bringdown
12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm sure people will want to say homecourt and playoff seeds mean nothing but there is a reason why 5-8 seeds rarely win titles...playing on the road every series against the toughest teams takes it's toll.

Without HCA, I don't know if the Celtics would have won the title last year. They knew the value of seeding and HCA and fought for it all year.

The Spurs strategy has been that the regular season doesn't matter, and that we can just turn the switch on before the playoffs. This gambit has worked for us before, but last year I think it hurt us.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:07 PM
I agree with you but having said that...isn't it Pop who always says no matter what, you have to be able to win on the road. And the Spurs have done that.

Pretty much every title they have won has come as a 1-3 seed. It's hard to envision them, at this stage in their careers, being able to win 3 straight road series. They always have a chance but it would be nice to see them win some games against the higher echelon teams.

spurs1990
12-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Can someone expressly state how is it that this roster can overcome the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets in May, and then Celtics in June?

Seriously, ponder that question and rethink the OP's title thread.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Can someone expressly state how is it that this roster can overcome the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets in May, and then Celtics in June?

Seriously, ponder that question and rethink the OP's title thread.

It's hard to see it with the front court surrounding Duncan now. I think our guards are fine but our wings and big guys won't match up.

SpursDynasty
12-18-2008, 11:30 PM
this team is a joke

Since when are the New Orleans Hornets and Orlando Magic a measure of greatness in the NBA? The league must really be in trouble if those are the teams that are supposed to be the measuring stick.

jag
12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
It's so funny cause the same exact things were being said last year when the Spurs were having trouble with top 10 teams.

All these same people were back on the bandwagon as soon as Duncan drained the 3 against Phoenix.

Sequ, Whottt, and many others are acting like children...it's kind of embarrassing.

ElNono
12-18-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't think we're contenders right now, something I said on another thread a while back. But I also think it's too early to be drawing conclusions. If we would have lost these two games like this in March, then I would be concerned. Right now, we gotta keep developing as a team.

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Great thread. You are right. The Spurs aren't contenders for the NBA December Championship. There's a trophy for that, right?

Rohirrim
12-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Great thread. You are right. The Spurs aren't contenders for the NBA December Championship. There's a trophy for that, right?

Now that D'Antoni is out of PHX, I think the ratings championship is still up for grabs.

With 70 pt games we'll be a sleeper for that too :downspin:

ElNono
12-18-2008, 11:52 PM

Timmy DID win the Player of the Week or Month (don't remember) a little while ago... I guess we don't suck as much after all...

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:52 PM

No, but it's the games in the regular season (early or late) that determine how things pan out come playoff positioning. Does every non-positive Spurs thread have to be replied to with smarmy sarcasm?

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
No, but it's the games in the regular season (early or late) that determine how things pan out come playoff positioning. Does every non-positive Spurs thread have to be replied to with smarmy sarcasm?

You don't like the responses, you can just scroll.

The guy who started this thread is a troll who is a fan of another team. I can respond to him however the hell I like, thanks.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:57 PM
You don't like the responses, you can just scroll.

The guy who started this thread is a troll who is a fan of another team. I can respond to him however the hell I like, thanks.

Fair enough...I know anyone can post (especially the owner of the site) however they see fit, just don't understand why posters are so defensive when someone doesn't like how the Spurs are playing at a given time. Congrats on your right to post freely ma'am...

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Fair enough...I know anyone can post (especially the owner of the site) however they see fit, just don't understand why posters are so defensive when someone doesn't like how the Spurs are playing at a given time. Congrats on your right to post freely ma'am...

Because some people seem to think that how the Spurs play in December dictates the outcome in the playoffs, and there's really no correlation. Especially in a year when 2 out of the 3 best players on the team are coming off injuries.

TDfan2007
12-19-2008, 12:02 AM
They are...they just haven't come together yet. Too much firepower on the perimeter might actually be our problem. Also, I'd really like seeing Finley get the Ime treatment and have Mason take his minutes and FGAs, but knowing Pop that'll never happen.

spurs1990
12-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Because some people seem to think that how the Spurs play in December dictates the outcome in the playoffs, and there's really no correlation. Especially in a year when 2 out of the 3 best players on the team are coming off injuries.

You're the ultimate cheerleader, and I envy that...but forget the date on the calendar, there are 3 teams in the NBA that look like world beaters now, and the point is its very unlikely this Spurs team can beat them all.

Hell, the Spurs could play as well as they did in 03, 05, and 07, but I say this years Celtics and Lakers are even better than those past Spurs teams.

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm not defensive when somebody criticizes the Spurs in a logical manner..quality posts get a pass from me..but these trolls that melt down after every loss are annoying, and they provide nothing to this forum..

there are only 3 contending teams right now..if you don't consider the Spurs to be a contender, I don't see how anybody could possibly consider the Hornets or Rockets contenders, and not us..those teams have had these same types of losses as we've had, everybody has, except for LA, Boston and Cleveland..

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Because some people seem to think that how the Spurs play in December dictates the outcome in the playoffs, and there's really no correlation.

I think there is a correlation in how they end up being seeded in the playoffs, thereby affecting playoff outcomes, based on the wins/losses early in the season. Had the Spurs not gotten off to such a terrific start last year, who knows if they had been able to get HCA in the first round and draw the Suns. We could have easily been in the Suns position without the home crowd's support in Game 1 to pull off the win...

Rohirrim
12-19-2008, 12:07 AM
You can't get through to the ultimate cheerleaders because of this ultimate "early season meaningless games" excuse trump card.

They've had to build up a tolerance to the doom-and-gloom trolls though, so it's understandable.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 12:09 AM
You can't get through to the ultimate cheerleaders because of this ultimate "early season meaningless games" excuse trump card.

I'm realizing that more and more...the "early season means nothing" card gets used alot around here. I guess the Spurs have earned it considering their history in this decade but, from what I've seen, this team needs some adjustments that I don't know the current roster can make.

anakha
12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I think there is a correlation in how they end up being seeded in the playoffs, thereby affecting playoff outcomes, based on the wins/losses early in the season. Had the Spurs not gotten off to such a terrific start last year, who knows if they had been able to get HCA in the first round and draw the Suns. We could have easily been in the Suns position without the home crowd's support in Game 1 to pull off the win...

Home court is pretty overrated - a single loss at home in a playoff series undoes a whole regular season's worth of effort.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Home court is pretty overrated - a single loss at home in a playoff series undoes a whole regular season's worth of effort.

I can understand that in one series, maybe 2...but 4 straight series? If it were that easy, 5-8 seeds would be winning titles more frequently. Can you name the last one that did it?

Manu-of-steel
12-19-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm realizing that more and more...the "early season means nothing" card gets used alot around here. I guess the Spurs have earned it considering their history in this decade but, from what I've seen, this team needs some adjustments that I don't know the current roster can make.

if you don't know how the spurs respond to this adversity, then you don't know anything about the spurs. and considering HCA, the spurs beat the hornets at their homecourt. :sleep

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 12:23 AM
if you don't know how the spurs respond to this adversity, then you don't know anything about the spurs. and considering HCA, the spurs beat the hornets at their homecourt. :sleep

As I said before, 1 or 2 series I can see...they didn't win the championship last year though and I think not having homecourt had more than a little to do with that.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 12:27 AM
You're the ultimate cheerleader, and I envy that...but forget the date on the calendar, there are 3 teams in the NBA that look like world beaters now, and the point is its very unlikely this Spurs team can beat them all.

Hell, the Spurs could play as well as they did in 03, 05, and 07, but I say this years Celtics and Lakers are even better than those past Spurs teams.

I'm not the ultimate cheerleader really. I think Tony, Manu and Tim are awesome. I think Bowen is not as washed up as people think. But I think that the Spurs C spot is shaky, at best, and their lack of athleticism at the forward spots might hurt them come playoff time. I also think they have some good depth at the point and wings, I think Pop is a HOF coach, and I know their philosophy is about the marathon not the sprint. So I learned not to judge them in December - particularly this year. Tony and Manu aren't even all the way in game shape. So I'd rather wait til March before running around the forum like the sky is falling.

spurs1990
12-19-2008, 12:29 AM
How about some empirical data - here are the Spurs records in their first 25 games since the lockout:

08-09-> 15-10
07-08-> 18-7
06-07-> 19-6 champs
05-06-> 19-6
04-05-> 20-5 champs
03-04-> 15-10
02-03-> 15-10 champs
01-02-> 20-5
00-01-> 16-9
99-00-> 19-7

The early start argument can be presented favorably in a vacuum, but these 08-09 Spurs are not just old, but old old, and the other teams are stacked. Therein lies the problem.

underdawg
12-19-2008, 12:35 AM

but the Spurs lost to Lakers b/c of HCA - seriously, it does help more than it hurts (don't know all of the statistics - just guessing.) We all knew this was going to be a tough season going into it and there's a lot of work to do. The chemistry is very far from being consistent and that's the key to running off consectutive winning streaks. If we don't get our chemistry together within the next couple of months, we will limp into the playoffs (hopefully) and our chances will be far less than even some of the doubters here believe. This team needs to find a way to allow Manu and TP to be outstanding through chemistry and not by themselves.

underdawg
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM
How about some empirical data - here are the Spurs records in their first 25 games since the lockout:

08-09-> 15-10
07-08-> 18-7
06-07-> 19-6 champs
05-06-> 19-6
04-05-> 20-5 champs
03-04-> 15-10
02-03-> 15-10 champs
01-02-> 20-5
00-01-> 16-9
99-00-> 19-7

The early start argument can be presented favorably in a vacuum, but these 08-09 Spurs are not just old, but old old, and the other teams are stacked. Therein lies the problem.

In your analysis, do you also consider that Mason and Hill are new to the team or do you just consider the age of the team as a reason for their results so far?

spurs1990
12-19-2008, 12:52 AM
In your analysis, do you also consider that Mason and Hill are new to the team or do you just consider the age of the team as a reason for their results so far?

Granted, Hill and Mason are getting 52 mpg so far, but it doesn't fill me with confidence knowing these two will be relied on to bridge the gap with LA and Boston. Also, the last two games we've been at full strength, and collapsed the first night and were outclassed the 2nd, to two teams who aren't even top tier to begin with. Scary, huh?

Any who, its frustrating following this team in today's NBA climate, so I'm going to take Kori's guidance and lay off them until May.

My harping is just food for thought.

xtremesteven33
12-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Parker
Ginobili
Bowen
Duncan
Oberto

should be our starting lineup. Perfect balance of Offense and defense.
Mason and Hill would come off the bench and provide offense and defense that is not overwhelming but sufficent. Finley also is a solid backup SF. Maybe we could also make or sign a player to fill that SF-athletic spot.

I dont think Mason or Finley should be starting though.

underdawg
12-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Granted, Hill and Mason are getting 52 mpg so far, but it doesn't fill me with confidence knowing these two will be relied on to bridge the gap with LA and Boston. Also, the last two games we've been at full strength, and collapsed the first night and were outclassed the 2nd, to two teams who aren't even top tier to begin with. Scary, huh?

Any who, its frustrating following this team in today's NBA climate, so I'm going to take Kori's guidance and lay off them until May.

My harping is just food for thought.

Hard to judge Orlando as they can be really great one night and really bad the next, but please don't think that NO is not a top tier team in the West. They can beat any team in the West on any given night. They were not playing well against us, but their fire at the end showed that they will be a team to beat in the playoffs just like they were last year. Hill and Mason's minutes are important right now as we try to find their role in the greater scheme. You're kidding yourself if you think that their addition doesn't bridge the gap between last year's team and the increased talent on other teams in the West. We do have a glaring weakness down low at times in regards to athleticism and sometimes when we face a bigger 3, but Mason will prove to be a more consistent scorer than we had last year and Hill will prove to be a tougher defender at the guard postition (1 or 2) than we've had as well.

phyzik
12-19-2008, 01:21 AM
*Will bump during the playoofs*

icem
12-19-2008, 01:48 AM
c'mon, it is pretty obvious to anyone with the ability to look at this team without the homer goggles that this is not a contending team. our offense and our defense aren't anywhere near what they have been in previous years, and don't give me the excuse of oh we are still trying to gel. we have the same key core of players for years, i really don't see how much better you guys are expecting the role players to get. what we see, the inconsistency is pretty much what we are going to have all year. we are not good enough to make it out of the west.

who seriously thinks we can beat LA now when we couldnt even beat them without bynum ? i doubt we could beat the hornets now that they have a guy in james posey who can actually hit clutch jumpers, unlike peja. the rockets are just as good as us or slightly better right now and will only get better as the season goes on. that is just reality folks....

cherylsteele
12-19-2008, 02:04 AM
Good lord where are some of these people coming from?
These newer posters all negative all the time it seems.
I think we are further ahead than I thought we would at this time, given Manu's and TP's injuries and integrating the new players into the system.

Xylus
12-19-2008, 03:05 AM
The Game's new girlfriend is a Laker fan.

SpursPreacher
12-19-2008, 03:37 AM
I thought the defense was there it has been just the offense needs work and with this team its usually the last thing that comes around.THis team has a habit of working in reverse that way.

The_Game
12-19-2008, 03:47 AM
c'mon, it is pretty obvious to anyone with the ability to look at this team without the homer goggles that this is not a contending team. our offense and our defense aren't anywhere near what they have been in previous years, and don't give me the excuse of oh we are still trying to gel. we have the same key core of players for years, i really don't see how much better you guys are expecting the role players to get. what we see, the inconsistency is pretty much what we are going to have all year. we are not good enough to make it out of the west.

who seriously thinks we can beat LA now when we couldnt even beat them without bynum ? i doubt we could beat the hornets now that they have a guy in james posey who can actually hit clutch jumpers, unlike peja. the rockets are just as good as us or slightly better right now and will only get better as the season goes on. that is just reality folks....

Great post

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 10:07 AM
this team is a joke

No surprise here.

Spur-Addict
12-19-2008, 10:17 AM
But I think that the Spurs C spot is shaky, at best.

It's as shaky as a table with three legs, or a massive party with no bottles and one keg, or an omelet for two with one egg. I can only hope that they address it, I know they have to be pondering altering or adding something there. Ian alone may be the answer, it may not. That's all we really need, the rest can be taped and glued.

Spork KIller
12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
this team is a joke

Exactly...

What a bunch of dumb fuck homers, Just when they tought Manure and Pepe Lepeu were going to lift them, a reality check...what a rude awakening! :lol

romad_20
12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Exactly...

What a bunch of dumb fuck homers, Just when they tought Manure and Pepe Lepeu were going to lift them, a reality check...what a rude awakening! :lol

Why don't you go post on a board that gives a fuck. I know you're a worthless troll but your team sucks ass and is not even in the playoffs right now with two hall of fame players on it.

and the Spurs are the shitty team? STFU

sonic21
12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Exactly...

please go back to your lottery team forum

Flux451
12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
This post is legit.

Not legit.
This year may only top them all because the injuries that took place was a unique occassion. They don't blow, just trying to get chemistry and recover still.
You seem like you are rooting for the wrong if you believe what you write. It sucks to watch your team loss, but making accusations like that are far fetched and bitch-like. Another bandwagon fan?

z0sa
12-19-2008, 01:20 PM
If you think the spurs won't contend, why watch? Do something else, and let us real spurs fans be.

purist
12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
eh, same old lame ass whining from so-called fan. true fans know the champion pedigree and we also know that champions aren't made or killed in december.

mrspurs
12-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Wheres the Pom Poms?

Jayem
12-20-2008, 12:43 PM
spurs are definitely NOT contenders. even when we won in 07, that was a fluke playoff run (avoided dallas, suns suspensions, played shitty cavs)

theres no fucking way this spurs team can beat BOSTON, LA, CLEVELAND or NO come playoffs.

we need a major acquisition to compete... for fucks sake ship manu's ass out already!!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
12-20-2008, 12:45 PM
spurs are definitely NOT contenders. even when we won in 07, that was a fluke playoff run (avoided dallas, suns suspensions, played shitty detroit)

theres no fucking way this spurs team can beat BOSTON, LA, CLEVELAND or NO come playoffs.

we need a major acquisition to compete... for fucks sake ship manu's ass out already!!!!

We played "shitty cleveland" that year not "shitty detroit"

We dodged a bullet in '07 avoiding Dallas for sure.

spurastic
12-20-2008, 12:54 PM
You nay sayers are so full of it. As soon as the Spurs win a couple, you guys will be first ones posting what great contenders they are. I hope you don't give up so easy in life or you're have a hard road. They had a couple of bad games, and the spurs players are smart enough to learn from them (unlike some players--funny that Amare's name came to mind). The season is much more to the fans, but simply put, it could just be training for the finals. Shut up......

Jayem
12-20-2008, 12:56 PM

ahhh yeah! both sucked, spurs would've beat either :lol

spurs fans don't realize how lucky we were that year, we shouldn't have won

j-money24
12-20-2008, 01:02 PM
1. regular season
2. early in the season
3. team still meshing
4. eh, you know the rest

those are always the excuses

rayray2k8
12-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Damn noob spurs fans..
Were you guys born yesterday??
Spurs always suck around this time. :lol

Jayem
12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
If you think the spurs won't contend, why watch? Do something else, and let us real spurs fans be.how come whenever you blind homer fans hear the truth yall always respond like "oh you arent real fans, shut up..blah blah"

so because some of us have sense and can see the truth that means we aren't real fans??

underdawg
12-20-2008, 02:20 PM
how come whenever you blind homer fans hear the truth yall always respond like "oh you arent real fans, shut up..blah blah"

so because some of us have sense and can see the truth that means we aren't real fans??

I think their reasoning is that the Spurs traditionally have struggled in the early part of the year only to find their stride around the rodeo trip and then compete for the playoffs. So, when fans start jumping off the bandwagon so early they question these fans' reasoning. Overall - I think a lot of people here do forget that Pop's main goal is getting his team ready for the playoffs even at the sacrifice of a lower seed. If he really thought this team was unable to make the playoffs, they would pull the trigger on some type of trade as quickly as possible. He knows our timeline with Timmy, Manu and Tony more than anyone else out there.

anakha
12-20-2008, 02:40 PM
how come whenever you blind homer fans hear the truth yall always respond like "oh you arent real fans, shut up..blah blah"

:lol at you pretending to be a real fan when all you've ever posted is 'gloom and doom' bullshit.

rascal
12-20-2008, 03:36 PM

We dodged a bullet in '07 avoiding Dallas for sure.

The Spurs got all the breaks that year. so what do the Spurs do? Don't recognize that they were very fortunate to win in 07 and bring back basically the entire team as is and think thats enough to win again.
While Boston and LA make major moves and pass the Spurs out as better teams.

rascal
12-20-2008, 03:39 PM
:lol at you pretending to be a real fan when all you've ever posted is 'gloom and doom' bullshit.

Don't understand the belief that if you don't think the spurs will win every year then you can't be a so called "real fan "of the team. Do you always think you will get everything you want in life? well wake up, thats not reality.

z0sa
12-20-2008, 03:50 PM

Why complain during the whole season? If something's going to be done it will. Incessant bitching doesn't do jack.

I'm inclined to believe you're not one if you're calling a championship a fluke run, anyway. If we beat every team we went up against, and won a ship, how is it a fluke? When we win another championship, don't act like you were right this whole time.

mfanatic
12-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Lakers suck =)

exstatic
12-20-2008, 05:19 PM
The spurs started 17-3 last year, in december.

And what did that get them?

While I welcome posters from other teams, please do NOT presume to think that you understand the seasonal ebbs and flows of our team better than we do. While I may run some Hornet smack on you, I wouldn't try to explain your team dynamics to you.

exstatic
12-20-2008, 05:21 PM

Probably because you idiots are screaming this same shit in our championship years.

Man In Black
12-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Same shit different year. These weak sauce fans get to bitch instead of offering solid observation...they just wanna whine.

WHINE ALL YOU WANT! :whine

There is too much talent on that team to just go by meekly. Get your head out of your ass and recognize that a Tim Duncan led team has never ever not gotten past round 1. Remember I said...Tim Duncan led.

RECOGNIZE.

If This team jells...it's one for the thumb.

anakha
12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
The Spurs got all the breaks that year. so what do the Spurs do? Don't recognize that they were very fortunate to win in 07 and bring back basically the entire team as is and think thats enough to win again.
While Boston and LA make major moves and pass the Spurs out as better teams.

:lmao

The nimrod you're defending gave up on the Spurs during the playoffs of 2007, before they won the championship:

THE SPURS ARE DONE.

I know its hard for us fans to accept this but we really need to. We should see things for what they are and stop fooling ourselves. WE ARE NOT going to win this year or again anytime soon. We shouldn't let being fans cloud the truth. Its like Kings fans thinking they got a shot, thats how we look.

We had our time to shine, we got some some rings. Everything must come to an end. We should continue to root and support our guys but we got to be realistic.

It was fun while it lasted.

Good luck Dallas and Phoenix, the cycle will repeat and the Spurs one day will be back on top.

And the same cliffjumper was proclaiming the Spurs dead in the water during the NO series, which they ended up winning:

i believe the spurs are fucked :(

spurs looking old and tired, we have no chance.

cp3 got robbed of mvp.

what give you guys any indication we can win in NO? fuck all this believe shit. spurs are choking, just like we do every other year

You're making yourself look even more foolish by jumping to his defense so earnestly.

Slinkyman
12-20-2008, 09:55 PM
The Magic just beat LA, that's how good orlando is right now. No shame in losing to them on a back to back in December.

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Slinkyman...you're using logic, bro..that's unacceptable here..

peskypesky
12-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Spurs are contenders and only morons think they're not. They may not be favorites, but contenders, yes. And the experts know that. And they say it.

Naelven
12-21-2008, 07:00 AM
The spurs will start to play after the all star game, as they are doing each and every year....

For me, they are a far better team than last year with the addition of Hill and Mason.

Wait for the first playoff round to argue, spurs are not contenders...They are each year and it is been lasting for 10 years now !

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't see how we aren't GOING to be better than we were last season..

we have Hill and Mason, who add a new look to the offense..Bonner is much improved, and Finley looks better..

people need to understand that we don't have chemistry yet..it isn't easy to bring in new weapons in a complicated system..and people need to understand that Manu still isn't healthy, and it shows physically..

de Soto
12-21-2008, 02:28 PM
this team is a joke

When was the last time the spurs set the NBA on fire during the regular season? I cannot remember...