PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlei Silva Willing to Fight Forrest Griffin

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
http://www.mmaopinion.com/2008/12/17/wanderlei-silva-willing-to-fight-forrest-griffin/

Wanderlei Silva Willing to Fight Forrest Griffin

http://mrsunshinevegas.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/silva.jpg

Michael Hatamoto |

December 17, 2008

"To enter the top tier of professional mixed martial arts, athletes often must train with the best in the world, which means they’ll likely end up training with one another. This could cause turbulence in an organization — i.e. American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) has three top 10 welterweights competing in the UFC’s WW division.

But at other schools where training partners just recently began to train with one another, they typically are more open at possible matchups in the future. This type of situation may arise for two fighters who both train with Randy Couture at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, Nev.

The UFC LHW champion Forrest Griffin trains at Xtreme Couture, with Wanderlei Silva moving to the United States and calling Xtreme Couture his home gym. Griffin stands atop the division, while Silva is near the top, and could eventually earn the right to a title shot.

In an interview with MMAWeekly.com, Griffin said, “It’s going to happen one day. He knows that and he’s cool with it; I’m cool with it.”

Then, Silva spoke on MMAWeekly Radio and was asked about the possible matchup:

“I’m a professional, he’s a professional. He’s an amazing guy,” the Brazilian said about Griffin. “I train with him so hard, this guy he’s really upped his boxing. He’s got very good ground, very good wrestling, and I think he’s a very, very tough opponent.”

Silva must first get through Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 92 on Dec. 27while champion Griffin must square off against No. 1 contender Rashad Evans.

If Griffin defends his title and Silva is victorious over Jackson, a possible matchup between the two training partners is likely sometime in 2009"

djohn14
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Id watch it...I would

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 09:58 PM
LOL, who wouldn't? But my gut is telling me, we'll be seeing Page and Forrest 2 first..

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Bad, bad fight for Forrest. Wandy will beat Page and eventually will be the champ. I would really like to see Wandy tee off on Machida. Hopefully Shogun turns the corner and becomes a player again too.

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 10:02 PM
A few years ago, IMO Wandy was a scarier dude than Fedor.

dbreiden83080
12-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Bad, bad fight for Forrest. Wandy will beat Page and eventually will be the champ. I would really like to see Wandy tee off on Machida. Hopefully Shogun turns the corner and becomes a player again too.

It's an interesting fight. He'd need to fight Wandy the way he fought Page, which is use movement and angles, hit and run at times. Can't stand in the pocket for too long, Wandy is too powerful a striker. Stay out of the clinch.. Drag the fight into deep water. Forrest has amazing conditioning and maybe more heart than anyone in the UFC.. This upcoming fight with Page is going to tell us everything i feel about Wandy. Is he back and still the Axe Murderer or has his time past??

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 10:09 PM
god...I hope Wanderlei is back to the silva from Pride. The UFC newbies won't know what just hit them.

djohn14
12-18-2008, 10:19 PM
god...I hope Wanderlei is back to the silva from Pride. The UFC newbies won't know what just hit them.

I know right? Im also excited to see what Shogun shows up against Coleman....see if he dominates him...

dallaskd
12-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Lol i cant wait to hear people call Shogun a "new guy"