PDA

View Full Version : Hill getting the shaft lately?

holcs50
12-18-2008, 10:26 PM
I think the minutes he's been getting lately is pathetic. Watch, pop is going to play him around 10-15 mpg for now on, no where near enough to get a good rhythm, and hill is going to lose confidence. Pop has done this before. Makes me pissed off, hill is one of the best rookies in the league, and especially on back2back nights, we need his youth and energy. Fuck, pissin me off, lol.

xtremesteven33
12-18-2008, 10:29 PM
gotta agree with you...

Duncan also. Hes putting so many minutes a game this season its going to catch up with him soon.

ILoveOranges
12-18-2008, 10:34 PM
I felt Hill did a great job with the minutes he was given, in pretty much every game he's played. I suppose Popovich thinks Parker will correct his mistakes, and find some energy in games where he's clearly tired and not playing well. It's pretty frustrating to watch Tony get beaten off the dribble, and watch Popovich insist on keeping him in the game for 35, 36 minutes, when Hill seems to be having some bundled up energy, waiting for a chance to play.

urunobili
12-18-2008, 10:37 PM
i have been feeling the same for the last 5 games or so... Giving Hill more minutes on this Tony slump would have been great for his development

HarlemHeat37
12-18-2008, 10:43 PM
it's not just Hill..

Mason should get more touches and set plays..we NEVER run his screen and shoot play that he always makes..

Bowen should be playing more than Finley..I don't care what the situation is, Finley is horrible..

Hill should play more minutes when Tony's game is off, and even sometimes with Tony on the floor..

Austin_Toros
12-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I think the minutes he's been getting lately is pathetic... no where near enough to get a good rhythm, and hill is going to lose confidence... hill is one of the best rookies in the league, and especially on back2back nights, we need his youth and energy. Fuck, pissin me off, lol.

definitely
this kid can play, and SHOULD be playing especially with TP a little down at the moment. bumping up his minutes would have a great effect in him.

more importantly, the darn fans want to see him play!

timvp
12-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Hill just played 20+ minutes tonight. When you are backing up Parker at one position and are behind Ginobili and Mason at another position, you aren't going to average much more than 12-15 minutes per game.

td4mvp21
12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
The only minute distributions I'm worried about are Mason's, Finley's, and Duncan's. Mason should be playing more, Finley should be playing less, and Duncan should get some rest.

Blackjack
12-19-2008, 01:40 AM
Hill just played 20+ minutes tonight. When you are backing up Parker at one position and are behind Ginobili and Mason at another position, you aren't going to average much more than 12-15 minutes per game.

:tu , but with a caveat.

Parker hasn't looked right since he's been back.

Whether it's fatigue (mentally/physically) or injury, he's not only lacked some explosiveness, but his decision making has suffered as well.

It might be wise to let Hill absorb some of Tony's minutes, and see if maybe lightening his load would help.

Tony needs to be right for them to win a title, so even if they have to sit him for awhile, they need to do it.

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2008, 04:27 AM
imo pop should just hill and parker fight for the starting spot,

fuck this veteran loyalty bs, play those who earn the right to get the nod.

Ice009
12-19-2008, 06:32 AM
The only minute distributions I'm worried about are Mason's, Finley's, and Duncan's. Mason should be playing more, Finley should be playing less, and Duncan should get some rest.

Hill needs more minutes. If TP keeps playing like this then Hill should get a lot more minutes and TP sit until he's right again.

The rest I agree with.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 10:04 AM
it's not just Hill..

Mason should get more touches and set plays..we NEVER run his screen and shoot play that he always makes..

Bowen should be playing more than Finley..I don't care what the situation is, Finley is horrible..

Hill should play more minutes when Tony's game is off, and even sometimes with Tony on the floor..

+1 And Manu should be benched when all he does is turn the ball over. Thats why they brought in Roger.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 10:06 AM

Thats the real truth. Your just not gonna get many minutes with TP and Manu back. And thats with any coach.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Mason should be playing more, Finley should be playing less, and Duncan should get some rest.

Mason should be playing more at the 2 but he makes me very uncomfortable at the backup PG. He has a high dribble and has a bad habit of losing the ball against pressure defense...

hater
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Come on. If Duncan played any less, we'd be in 9th or 10th place in the West.

DROB4EVER
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I think thats a reason for our struggles! He has played so well now hes out of the rotation. He needs to steal mins from Parker and Fin. He needs to get 20mpg

Spur-Addict
12-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Come on. If Duncan played any less, we'd be in 9th or 10th place in the West.

The Truth-O-Meter is at 100% on this one Bob, and now back to Phil with his report on the recent Phoenix Suns trade.

ducks
12-19-2008, 11:49 PM
imo pop should just hill and parker fight for the starting spot,

fuck this veteran loyalty bs, play those who earn the right to get the nod.

yeah in dec spurs are averaging 101 points a game
tp is doing terrible is he not

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Hill should have started the second half last night - Parker was way off, and looked totally fatigued, so why not play your young charger?

Kid needs to play when Parker is having an off night.

Ice009
12-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Hill should have started the second half last night - Parker was way off, and looked totally fatigued, so why not play your young charger?

Kid needs to play when Parker is having an off night.

That's what I think Pop should be doing. If Parker is having an off night or just looks like he has no energy at all why not give Hill more of his minutes? IMO that would be a good thing for both Hill and the team.

I think Pop should also take a look at giving Ime some of Michael's minutes.

superbigtime
12-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Wish Spurs had a 3rd decent PG (((not JV))) to back up Tony while Hill could take Fin's position and play with Tony. Hill isn't a true PG, like Tony.

T Park
12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Wish Spurs had a 3rd decent PG (((not JV))) to back up Tony while Hill could take Fin's position and play with Tony. Hill isn't a true PG, like Tony.

And what "true" pg would be available to do that...

angelbelow
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM
thats his role though, and hill came in here understanding that, i sincerely doubt his feelings are hurt or that hes losing confidence.

ducks
12-20-2008, 09:56 PM

do you wish the spurs had superstars with all their players?
no role players?

K-State Spur
12-20-2008, 11:20 PM

what's a TRUE pg? tony does exactly what this offense requires of him.