PDA

View Full Version : manu should be dealt

Austin_Toros
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
ok hear me out before you all howl me down... please?
trading manu would help us greatly, its just a matter of trading for the right piece.
mason would be our starting SG (more than qualified for that role) and the player we trade for manu can fill a hole in our team.
trading him for a quality SF or C would definitely put us close to the top of the league.

i know just about every spurs fan loves manu, but im just saying that pulling the trigger on a deal with the right price would immensely improve the team.

lets just remember that manu cost us the conference finals series against dallas mavs!!

:flag:

timvp
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
No.

phyzik
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
No.

/end thread

For one, who would his contract match up with?

Then what would we get in return?

Answer: We wouldnt get 1/10th of what he is worth.

vander
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I agree, but his trade value is falling

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Hell no.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:02 PM
I thought it was a good idea last year when he had a ton of trade value...now he is damaged goods and I don't think you would get equal or better value for him. Probably better to keep him at this point.

Quiet Strength
12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I know manu is struggling right now but it would be stupid to trade him.

TDMVPDPOY
12-18-2008, 11:05 PM
i trade for a new ankle if i was him......

i dont care how man good plays he makes, he makes more bonehead plays than plays that actually matter......

ploto
12-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I love Manu- he is my favorite Spur- but if the spurs ever trade one of the big three, it will be him.

duncan228
12-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Damn. The board hasn't gone this nuts in a while.

vander
I said it over the offseason and I'll say it many more times if necessary

this team will not win another title with manu on the roster

take it to the bank

IceColdBrewski
I can't remember how many times I've heard Duncan say that Manu is the heart and soul of the team, and they all feed of his energy.

But yeah, guys like that are easily replaceable, so lets just go ahead and deal him. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
i dont care how man good plays he makes, he makes more bonehead plays than plays that actually matter......

Do you guys actually believe this kind of crap when you type it?

You actually freakin believe that Manu makes more bonehead plays than plays that matter?

I agree, Manu has his share of bad turnovers. But you guys do realize that you sound like you are either crazy or never watch games when you say stupid stuff like this.

Quiet Strength
12-18-2008, 11:08 PM

take it to the bank

And if they do?

vander
12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
And if they do?

what if

there's no if

it isn't going to happen

porscha
12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
great!now talking about tradinge THE ONLY ONE SPUR whom really wants to win!

it's me
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM

take it to the bank

Ducks is not alone after all

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Manu is averaging 16/4/4. He's shooting higher from the field than he ever has in his career, and he's averaging less turnovers than last season. And he's coming off an ankle surgery and still not in Manu-mode yet.

The people that want to trade Manu and Tony for a mediocre center are just nuts.

Quiet Strength
12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
what if

there's no if

it isn't going to happen

Some fan you are... I believe they can.. :flag:

pawe
12-18-2008, 11:13 PM
GTFO.
When manu plays, he's all heart. Can you honestly find another 10mil/yr player with that kind of motivation?

timvp
12-18-2008, 11:14 PM

Gotta love losing streaks.

vander
12-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Some fan you are... I believe they can.. :flag:

you don't have to be a homer to be a fan

Quiet Strength
12-18-2008, 11:19 PM

The spurs won 3 titles with him... I dont see any reason why that can't happen again.

vander
12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
The spurs won 3 titles with him... I dont see any reason why that can't happen again.

well, similar to the reason we won't be winning another title with Elliott on the roster. He has a better chance of getting injured again then playing like the manu of 07 or 05, his best years are behind him, and his style of play doesn't age well

beachwood
12-18-2008, 11:29 PM
I'd rather lose with Manu than win without him.

I'll take my chances on him.

pawe
12-18-2008, 11:30 PM
And besides, if they trade Manu, SpursTalk will become a ghost town. Seriously, Manu's worth is not about making the right plays all the time. He is best at closing out games, energizing the team and just a great locker room person.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Manu Is Gonna Be Allright. He's Not Yet 100% Imo. I Think He's A Lil Worried About Really Goin All Out. But I Think He'll Be Back To The Ol Manu Soon!!!!!!

romad_20
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Manu Is Gonna Be Allright. He's Not Yet 100% Imo. I Think He's A Lil Worried About Really Goin All Out. But I Think He'll Be Back To The Ol Manu Soon!!!!!!

Fingers crossed, I guess we'll wait a little longer.

phyzik
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
the only thing this thread proves is that people are idiots.

koriwhat
12-18-2008, 11:37 PM
I thought it was a good idea last year when he had a ton of trade value...now he is damaged goods and I don't think you would get equal or better value for him. Probably better to keep him at this point.

damaged goods... haha. what are you smoking because you surely are bogarting that shit so pass it already!

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:40 PM
damaged goods... haha. what are you smoking because you surely are bogarting that shit so pass it already!

Ankle injuries and alot of mileage...I'd say that hurts his value.

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Ankle injuries and alot of mileage...I'd say that hurts his value.

Age and injuries hurt a player's value, but to dub Manu as "damaged goods" is a gross exaggeration. When a player can barely run or jump after multiple surgeries, you call them damaged goods. When a guy is averaging 16/4/4 in 25 minutes a game, and shooting higher than he has in his career - then he's not damaged goods.

ElNono
12-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Manu will be fine. He put a lot of heart today, even if he didn't have a great game shooting wise. I seriously doubt you can get equal value in return right now.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Age and injuries hurt a player's value, but to dub Manu as "damaged goods" is a gross exaggeration. When a player can barely run or jump after multiple surgeries, you call them damaged goods. When a guy is averaging 16/4/4 in 25 minutes a game, and shooting higher than he has in his career - then he's not damaged goods.

I'm not saying Manu is decrepit and useless, just that I think team's would think twice about trading equal or better value for him for the reasons you mentioned above. To me, that is damaged goods...

ElNono
12-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm not saying Manu is decrepit and useless, just that I think team's would think twice about trading equal or better value for him for the reasons you mentioned above. To me, that is damaged goods...

I think you would be surprised to see how many teams would love to take Manu for what we're paying him. I don't think many people consider him damaged goods at all.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
I think you would be surprised to see how many teams would love to take Manu for what we're paying him. I don't think many people consider him damaged goods at all.

I'm not saying he isn't a bargain for his salary, just that we wouldn't get equal returns in a trade...

Chieflion
12-18-2008, 11:54 PM

To add on, his trade value is higher because of the famous 2010 FA class.

Rohirrim
12-18-2008, 11:55 PM
The Ultimate WildCard.

Kori Ellis
12-18-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm not saying he isn't a bargain for his salary, just that we wouldn't get equal returns in a trade...

Even if he was perfectly healthy, you wouldn't get equal trade value for him. The guys that are as good as Manu make a lot more money, so it's hard to match salaries.

ElNono
12-18-2008, 11:56 PM

Who ever gets equal or better value when you are trading a star player?
I just don't think your theory of damaged goods have anything to do with his trade value.

mexicanjunior
12-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Who ever gets equal or better value when you are trading a star player?

So you are saying there are never trades that benefit both teams equally when big names are involved? I question that but am too lazy to look it up...

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Even if he was perfectly healthy, you wouldn't get equal trade value for him. The guys that are as good as Manu make a lot more money, so it's hard to match salaries.

Even salaries aside, I don't think teams would be as willing to take on a player with the injury history and age of Manu for someone as good or better. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this...

ElNono
12-19-2008, 12:04 AM
So you are saying there are never trades that benefit both teams equally when big names are involved? I question that but am too lazy to look it up...

Yeah. Think about all these guys that have been traded somewhat recently: Ray Allen, Pau Gasol, Shaq, KG... The only one you could say was a wash, could be Billups/Iverson. Then again, they swapped for basically players on the same position.

ElNono
12-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Even salaries aside, I don't think teams would be as willing to take on a player with the injury history and age of Manu for someone as good or better. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this...

What 'injury history'??????!!!!! He just had his very first ever surgery in his entire career... You make it sound like he's T-Mac

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 12:17 AM
What 'injury history'??????!!!!! He just had his very first ever surgery in his entire career... You make it sound like he's T-Mac

So he is only considered injured if he has surgery?

No one said he is T-Mac but he has been hurt since last May and still not recovered. Why would a team want to trade for a player that has not fully recovered from his current injury with no guarantee he will restore himself to the level he was last year?

Sean Cagney
12-19-2008, 12:19 AM

So Tim, Tony or Mason and Hill etc., don't want to win?????? Tim especially doesn't want to win? Whats wrong with you guys in here, they all care.

vander
12-19-2008, 12:26 AM

most of the guys I wish we could trade him for don't make enough

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 12:30 AM
most of the guys I wish we could trade him for don't make enough

Yeah but no one is trading away up and coming stars on rookie contracts.

vander
12-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah but no one is trading away up and coming stars on rookie contracts.

I was setting my sites a little below that, an Iguodala-like player, young 2nd tier

ElNono
12-19-2008, 12:36 AM
So he is only considered injured if he has surgery?

No, but you could say that a guy that had multiple surgeries to be 'damaged goods'. I mean, how can you even say a guy is damaged goods when he has played over 550 games in basically 6 years... and that without counting the games he has played for his national team.

No one said he is T-Mac but he has been hurt since last May and still not recovered. Why would a team want to trade for a player that has not fully recovered from his current injury with no guarantee he will restore himself to the level he was last year?

What do you mean 'not recovered'? He has played for 12 games in a row, he's got not a single limp on his leg. Had a 27 point game. Sure, he just got dropped in a team with new guys, and it takes games to get back in shape... I don't think he's doing anything different than any other year... and BTW, he's actually shooting a better percentage than his entire career...

DannyT
12-19-2008, 12:40 AM
new york is

Kobe™
12-19-2008, 12:42 AM
odom and farmar for manu/thomas

-_-

underdawg
12-19-2008, 12:46 AM
odom and farmar for manu/thomas

-_-

how about Odom for just a little bit of our integrity?

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-19-2008, 12:50 AM
how many Spurs fans would turn down Manu for Roy? (ignoring the salary factor of course :lol )

Blackjack
12-19-2008, 01:02 AM

Yeah, that Duncan dude sure aint about winning.:stfu

Ghazi
12-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Knee jerk.

I wouldn't trade away any part of a championship core... Manu/Parker/Duncan has proven to be a championship core 3 times.

You try to compliment the core, not change the core.

I think the Spurs problem is overreliance on 3-PT shots and lack of FTA's, fast break points, and points in the paint... "easy offense" if you will.

dallaskd
12-19-2008, 01:06 AM
J-Ho > Manu

underdawg
12-19-2008, 01:13 AM
J-Ho > Manu

at holding in smoke from a 6ft bong

td4mvp21
12-19-2008, 01:15 AM
I can't believe how much some Spurs fans continue to underrate and underappreciate Manu AND Parker. I could understand if we hadn't really experienced life without them lately but they were both just out and we saw firsthand what the team was like without them. And yet we still want to trade both of them/complain about them? Yeah, I get frustrated with some of what they do on the court but they do so much more good than bad for this team. So much more. It's like a 120938120328 to 1 ratio.

phyzik
12-19-2008, 01:17 AM
I think there should be a flag under peoples names for being morons. You dont trade a talent like Manu Ginobilli for the price we are paying for him.... YOU WILL NEVER GET EQUAL TRADE VALUE FOR HIS CONTRACT AND CONTRIBUTIONS!!!!

I FUCKING HATE BAND WAGON FANS!!! FUCK!!! :bang:bang

underdawg
12-19-2008, 01:21 AM
I can't believe how much some Spurs fans continue to underrate and underappreciate Manu AND Parker. I could understand if we hadn't really experienced life without them lately but they were both just out and we saw firsthand what the team was like without them. And yet we still want to trade both of them/complain about them? Yeah, I get frustrated with some of what they do on the court but they do so much more good than bad for this team. So much more. It's like a 120938120328 to 1 ratio.

How funny would it have been for Cowboy fans to have asked for Smith, Irvin or Aikman to be traded during their run? The main difference is that Tony and Manu are underpaid and under-appreciated because of their low-key personalities. The stats have been there along with the championships, but just like Timmy they have a low entertainment value to the average fan.

Capt Bringdown
12-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Manu's minutes should simply be curtailed until he gets back to full strength.

Coming back after the injury, he's playing too many minutes at this point.

Give Mason more looks and minutes. Yes, perhaps he's not ready yet and is learning the Spurs system, but this is a great chance for us to work him into the fold.

robot89
12-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Fuuuuuck Yooooooou!!!!

Manufan909
12-19-2008, 02:09 AM
No, but you could say that a guy that had multiple surgeries to be 'damaged goods'. I mean, how can you even say a guy is damaged goods when he has played over 550 games in basically 6 years... and that without counting the games he has played for his national team.

What do you mean 'not recovered'? He has played for 12 games in a row, he's got not a single limp on his leg. Had a 27 point game. Sure, he just got dropped in a team with new guys, and it takes games to get back in shape... I don't think he's doing anything different than any other year... and BTW, he's actually shooting a better percentage than his entire career...

Does he still have his best % ever, after tonights game of 33% from the field?

cherylsteele
12-19-2008, 02:11 AM
well, similar to the reason we won't be winning another title with Elliott on the roster. He has a better chance of getting injured again then playing like the manu of 07 or 05, his best years are behind him, and his style of play doesn't age well
This has got to be the dumbest post of the thread.
You are comparing Elliott (retired)
To Manu (not retired).

Apples and oranges.

cherylsteele
12-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Knee jerk.

I wouldn't trade away any part of a championship core... Manu/Parker/Duncan has proven to be a championship core 3 times.

You try to compliment the core, not change the core.

I think the Spurs problem is overreliance on 3-PT shots and lack of FTA's, fast break points, and points in the paint... "easy offense" if you will.
I can't disagree with you...especially on the 3-pt shots.
Even when they win I wish they would drive the lane more and try to draw more fouls.

honestfool84
12-19-2008, 02:25 AM
i still feel posters shouldn't be able to start new threads with less than 100 posts...

peskypesky
12-19-2008, 02:28 AM
I hate to say it, but might be cool with a trade of Manu for Chris Kaman.

angelbelow
12-19-2008, 03:26 AM
wtf? who are you going to get thats equal to him at his contract value. NO ONE. in fact, not within 5 million.

SpursPreacher
12-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Step away from the ledge and crack slowly.

The_Game
12-19-2008, 03:49 AM
I know manu is struggling right now but it would be stupid to trade him.

It's not that he is struggling he is just not all that great, he is a good player but no where near superstar level and any guys who aren't top 10 should be traded if the right deal came along

Manu has been overrated by many for years.

temujin
12-19-2008, 03:50 AM
1) There are winners and loosers. Ginobili is a winner. Born so. He'll be a winner when 55.

2) He has MADE IT PERFECTLY clear already that he would NOT be playing just for any freaking NBA team that just contributes to the show without having any serious purpose of winning.

3) There several Euro teams that would give him 6M (Euros)/year.

4) The Spurs FA -and Popovich himself- has proven zillion times NOT to be idiots.

Hence, Ginobili is untradeable.

The_Game
12-19-2008, 03:50 AM
how many Spurs fans would turn down Manu for Roy? (ignoring the salary factor of course :lol )

Only idiotic spur fans who have no clue about basketball would turn that down.

temujin
12-19-2008, 03:52 AM
Oh, and the 6M (Euros) would be AFTER taxes.

temujin
12-19-2008, 03:56 AM
If I were Portland GM I would carry freaking Roy on my own shoulders for the 1500 miles to San Antonio, to get Ginobili.
He is not going to do that, hence the perpetual loosing status of the franchise.

thOOdee
12-19-2008, 04:00 AM
if we had to trade one of the three. i would say parker since he has really high value, george hill is not bad, and maybe we could get BOSH!

benefactor
12-19-2008, 06:41 AM
I would like to trade some of you posters in for better ones, but that is not going to happen either. Let's move on, shall we?

ILoveOranges
12-19-2008, 06:46 AM
I think there should be a flag under peoples names for being morons. You dont trade a talent like Manu Ginobilli for the price we are paying for him.... YOU WILL NEVER GET EQUAL TRADE VALUE FOR HIS CONTRACT AND CONTRIBUTIONS!!!!

I FUCKING HATE BAND WAGON FANS!!! FUCK!!! :bang:bang

Hahaha awesome. I'm totally with you there :rollin.

smeagol
12-19-2008, 06:52 AM
We really should trade some fans.

m33p0
12-19-2008, 07:01 AM
this place smells like shit with all the crap being thrown around.

Austin_Toros
12-19-2008, 07:03 AM
I hate to say it, but might be cool with a trade of Manu for Chris Kaman.

if a deal went down of manu for kaman i would be more than happy
kaman is quality

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-19-2008, 07:06 AM
kaman is quality

:wow :rollin give up on basketball dude, please.

InK
12-19-2008, 07:09 AM
What a bunch of fags. :sleep

sonic21
12-19-2008, 07:38 AM
some people have never watched manu play. he's inconsistent and we already knew that, he can have superstar level game like he can have very average game, but without him we have no chance to winit all.

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2008, 07:46 AM
look at the years we won championships, all had at least a trade mid season.....

i wouldnt be surprise if gino or someone is traded.....

benefactor
12-19-2008, 08:14 AM
kaman is quality
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/CosmicFishy/Epic%20Fail/fail1.jpg

Rogue
12-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Great proposal to trade Manu. As athletic an energetic as he used to be, Manu was a stimulus to his teammates who are general old. But not any more is he a stimulus as he is among the old group now. We all loved his hair but the age has taken most of his hair which is located on the central part of his head. It would be a great deal if we can trade him for James or Wade, of course we'd have to add vaungh to balance the salary.

WalterBenitez
12-19-2008, 08:47 AM
And the plan is sending him to Houston?

TMTTRIO
12-19-2008, 08:56 AM
hey well there's always Manu for TMAC:rolleyes. If you think Manu and Fabri play well together imagine the dangerous combo of Manu and Scola playing together.

rascal
12-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I'd rather lose with Manu than win without him.

I'll take my chances on him.

Then Manu is bigger than the Spurs if you believe this.

rascal
12-19-2008, 09:47 AM

Agree with you. With his age, soon past his prime, and the injury from this past summer his value is down more than it was even a year ago. I don't care if his shooting % is a little higher those other factors are still out there.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I totally agree. Trade Manu, he isnt worth it anymore. His game has deflated in 2 years. And that stupid silver medal in this past Olympics made his legs even worse. Last night he couldnt stay up in the air long enough to make his normal easy layups. If someone with a young team needs a veteran guard and has a big better then the scrubs we have right now then by all means. Dont let the door hit ya on the way out. I want the Spurs to win. I could care less who they trade in order to make the Spurs win. For me its always silver and black first. Players second.

T Park
12-19-2008, 09:49 AM
look at the years we won championships, all had at least a trade mid season.....

i wouldnt be surprise if gino or someone is traded.....

2003?
99?

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
16/4/4 in 25 minutes a game and shooting a higher percentage than ever.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

smeagol
12-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Agree with you. With his age, soon past his prime, and the injury from this past summer his value is down more than it was even a year ago. I don't care if his shooting % is a little higher those other factors are still out there.

rascal, when it comes to talking about Manu, you have cero credibility.

You have been saying he should've been traded since 04. Two fucking rings prove you have been a fool.

So shut the fuck up already.

T Park
12-19-2008, 10:00 AM

You have been saying he should've been traded since 04. Two fucking rings prove you have been a fool.

Ignore him.

He still thinks Manu for Vince Carter would've put this team over the top, when in reality Vince Carter is one of the biggest wusses this league has ever seen, and all he does is jack up jump shots.

rascal
12-19-2008, 10:06 AM
Ignore him.

He still thinks Manu for Vince Carter would've put this team over the top, when in reality Vince Carter is one of the biggest wusses this league has ever seen, and all he does is jack up jump shots.

Carter is good. Will have a better nba career than Manu. More all star appearances and better stats.

You confuse team play with individual play. Carter would win with Duncan if he ever had the chance. Put manu on the Nets and they aren't any better.
Manu is not good enough to carry any nba team to success by himself.

rascal
12-19-2008, 10:11 AM

Credibility. What a joke of a statement.

The spurs can win without manu on the team. Its Duncan who carries the spurs. Manu is a complimentary player. No titles before Duncan.

T Park
12-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Credibility. What a joke of a statement.

The spurs can win without manu on the team. Its Duncan who carries the spurs. Manu is a complimentary player. No titles before Duncan.

Duncan would've had no titles in 05 and 07 without Ginobili either genius.

1usamotorsports.com
12-19-2008, 10:15 AM
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME MANU TOOK OVER THE GAME?
TURNOBOLIE IS GETTING WORSE . WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HE DID BACK TO BACK 30 POINT GAMES ? HIS TRADE VALUE IS DECREASING . :flag:

mathbzh
12-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't think we can win this year if we replace Manu with a quality SF or C.
Against the Celtics or Lakers, quality will not be enough.
With a healthy Manu... you never know. In playoff he could still have these crazy Manu games...
None of the player we would get can play like a MVP. Manu is not consistant... but when he is on, he is the best player in the league.

spurs50_
12-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Trading Manu would be like getting the team neutered.

rascal
12-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Duncan would've had no titles in 05 and 07 without Ginobili either genius.

Sure he would have. Dominate big men win titles. Just surround them with good complimentary players, which is what Manu is and Carter is also a complimentary good player and its enough to win a title.

Duncan and Shaq have been the two most dominate big men in the league in the last 10 years. Its no coincidence that most of the titles in the last 10 years have either of those two guys on them.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Sure he would have. Dominate big men win titles. Just surround them with good complimentary players, which is what Manu is and Carter is also a complimentary good player and its enough to win a title.

Duncan and Shaq have been the two most dominate big men in the league in the last 10 years. Its no coincidence that most of the titles in the last 10 years have either of those two guys on them.

I'm having a really hard time imagining Vince-halfman-half-a-season in place of Manu against the Pistons in 2005.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-19-2008, 10:50 AM
I see the village idiots are out in full force. Notice that the only jackasses asking to trade Manu are the same idiots that have been talking about it for years. Its not logic, its pure, unadulterated HATE!

Like Kori said, the man is shooting the best percentage of his life and you fucking idiots want to trade him. Gee... I wonder why

SenorSpur
12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
No freaking way. At times, Manu drives me crazy, both ways, as much as any Spurs player. But there's no freaking way the Spurs can or should trade him. He's too great f a player. There's an old NBA axiom that you never trade away a HOF player. Manu is exactly that.

vander
12-19-2008, 11:04 AM
This has got to be the dumbest post of the thread.
You are comparing Elliott (retired)
To Manu (not retired).

Apples and oranges.

you got to think a little harder then that, get to the concept. which is that past accomplishments don't translate to future titles. At some point a player starts to lose his effectiveness on the court, this is happening to Manu, and it's only going to get worse, the injuries are only going to get more frequent as well.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-19-2008, 11:15 AM
you got to think a little harder then that, get to the concept. which is that past accomplishments don't translate to future titles. At some point a player starts to lose his effectiveness on the court, this is happening to Manu, and it's only going to get worse, the injuries are only going to get more frequent as well.

oh that's brilliant! Manu is losing his effectiveness? really? 'cause last I checked he is coming from his best regular season of his career and is shooting even better right now...

Big P
12-19-2008, 11:16 AM
trading manu would help us greatly, its just a matter of trading for the right piece.
mason would be our starting SG (more than qualified for that role) and the player we trade for manu can fill a hole in our team.
trading him for a quality SF or C would definitely put us close to the top of the league.

i know just about every spurs fan loves manu, but im just saying that pulling the trigger on a deal with the right price would immensely improve the team.

FAIL

mudyez
12-19-2008, 11:22 AM
book it...without manu we probably would have one less ring an detroit one more

T Park
12-19-2008, 11:24 AM

Shaq didn't win squat until Kobe Bryant developed.

Wrong again.

urunobili
12-19-2008, 11:40 AM

by chance do you have any way to prove this post of yours? statistically wise? i wonder... :wakeup

colargol
12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Any post about trading one of the Big Three is a joke...

rascal
12-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Agree. Too many people here hold on to past accomplishments and think that will fortell future success.

The key to maintaining success is to be one step ahead in anticipating the future and build a team for what players will give back in the future not what they did in the past.

BigBigSpur
12-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Is it really entertaining to start the threads 'Trade Manu' year in and year out? I almost get used to this. Nearly every month someone wants to trade Manu.

I still remember that the "Manu is Liability" thread and "Manu is God" thread are on the same page last playoff. How funny, isn't it?

rascal
12-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Any post about trading one of the Big Three is a joke...

Why
This team will no longer win with the so called big 3 and and bunch of below average players.

Now I like Hill and believe he will be a future star but he will lose confidence playing sporatic minutes playing behind Manu so it will take longer now for him to reach his potential.

Its better for the Spurs to trade manu for a top big and start Hill now. By the end of the season Hill will be a quality sg/ part time pg and by next year Hill will be a borderline star. Develope this kid or take the chance he loses confidence as his game is put on hold as a backup.

rascal
12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Shaq didn't win squat until Kobe Bryant developed.

Wrong again.

Kobe hasn't won yet without Shaq. Shaq has won without Kobe.

Why don't you take your own advice and do me a favor and ignore me.

sonic21
12-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Why
This team will no longer win with the so called big 3 and and bunch of below average players.

Now I like Hill and believe he will be a future star but he will lose confidence playing sporatic minutes playing behind Manu so it will take longer now for him to reach his potential.

Its better for the Spurs to trade manu for a top big and start Hill now. By the end of the season Hill will be a quality sg/ part time pg and by next year Hill will be a borderline star. Develope this kid or take the chance he loses confidence as his game is put on hold as a backup.

the spurs big 3 are still in their prime (except tony he'll be better )

smeagol
12-19-2008, 12:29 PM
rascal, the Spurs would not have a the 2005 ring is it weren't for Manu.

Suck on that for a while!

vander
12-19-2008, 12:32 PM
by chance do you have any way to prove this post of yours? statistically wise? i wonder... :wakeup

unfortunately, stats accumulate after the games are played. so come back in a year or 2, and there'll be of numbers for me to slap you around with. :lol

to maintain a great team, you can't rely on past stats and greatness, you have to be continually building for the future. but, oh wait, you don't care about that, you only care about Manu's legacy, and being on the Spurs greatly improves it

Phenomanul
12-19-2008, 12:34 PM
This is such a stupid thread.

xtremesteven33
12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
This place never ceases to amaze me.

unbelievable.

timaios
12-19-2008, 01:26 PM
The Spurs since 2002 are Pop + Tim + Tony + Manu + Bruce.
That's the Spurs i love. That core of guys has won 3 titles.
That team has a soul and some pseudo fans want to break it.

Spurs will win with them or die with them.

It is not about always winning...
What about loyalty, what about faith, what about pride.
Maybe they will win a 5th title together, maybe not... But i love that team for all his greatness and with his weaknesses.

4 titles in 9 years, 50+ win every years... And some of you can't do anything but complain, complain, complain. Get a life !

I hope that Pop, Tim, Tony, Manu & Bruce have another :lobt2: in them... And if not, i am still proud of them.
I am a Spurs fan, and for 10 years i am a witness of one of the greatest team in sports history.
We, Spurs fans, are blessed. Appreciate what you have.

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: :flag::flag::flag: :lobt2:

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 01:30 PM
It is not about always winning...

I really hope the Spurs front office does not take this approach when they make decisions about the roster...

urunobili
12-19-2008, 01:34 PM
unfortunately, stats accumulate after the games are played. so come back in a year or 2, and there'll be of numbers for me to slap you around with. :lol

to maintain a great team, you can't rely on past stats and greatness, you have to be continually building for the future. but, oh wait, you don't care about that, you only care about Manu's legacy, and being on the Spurs greatly improves it

therefore AFTER 25 games you have NO PROVE of this so called estimated over creative post of yours... you should stop posting dude for real you have already damaged your image and you're about to build a "don't even read his posts" ala "mrspurs" kind of reputation... get real already... :lol

Southwest Texas Fan
12-19-2008, 01:57 PM
What is wrong with you people? Manu is still recovering from his surgery and is still not in game shape. Did you see how he was hustling last night after rebounds and loose balls and plus the team was tired from the night before which seemed pretty obvious. It seems that they still hadn't gotten over losing to the Hornets. Manu is not going anywhere so when he's winning games for us in Arpil, May and June I will bump this thread.

vander
12-19-2008, 02:32 PM
therefore AFTER 25 games you have NO PROVE of this so called estimated over creative post of yours... you should stop posting dude for real you have already damaged your image and you're about to build a "don't even read his posts" ala "mrspurs" kind of reputation... get real already... :lol

do you have the stats to prove this? :lol

angelbelow
12-19-2008, 02:36 PM
this is completely ridiculous.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 02:38 PM
What is wrong with you people? Manu is still recovering from his surgery and is still not in game shape.

I keep repeating that over and over about both Manu and Tony. Neither of them are in game shape yet. They get tired easily and obviously don't have all their legs back. And the only way to get through that is for them to play games obviously. So Spurs fans are going to just have to be a little more patient.

xtremesteven33
12-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I keep repeating that over and over about both Manu and Tony. Neither of them are in game shape yet. They get tired easily and obviously don't have all their legs back. And the only way to get through that is for them to play games obviously. So Spurs fans are going to just have to be a little more patient.

funny how you say that,

I think this is what seperates Great players from Good players.

A Great player can come back not so long after being out with an injury and still dominate the game (Duncan,Bryant,Lebron)

Good players need time to get it together and mesh back with the team.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 02:53 PM
funny how you say that,

I think this is what seperates Great players from Good players.

A Great player can come back not so long after being out with an injury and still dominate the game (Duncan,Bryant,Lebron)

Good players need time to get it together and mesh back with the team.

I think it's more a testament to the role players not being able to pick up the slack while the stars work their way back in against the top tier teams...

EVAY
12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
I think that instead of trading Manu we should hold Pop to his word and make him start Manu. The porblem with that plan, though, is somehow forcing the offense to handle all three of our best scorers at once. I agree that Manu is in a funk. It is obvious. I don't think it is physical. It is emotional. He came back strong after his surgery, Pop made him a starter, and then Tony came back and Manu gets forgotten. Then Pop went back to Finley as a starter, and Manu is effectively "demoted" again. I know he says the right things to the media about coming off the bench, but his play suggests otherwise. When Manu starts, Tony has to be forced to get the ball to him often enough to get him into the game.

If we don't do something to make Manu a better, more important part of our offense, we are gonna lose him when his contract is up because the offense has jacked him around so much.

Tonu just looks uninterested most of the time, and I have been one of Tonly's biggest supporters over the years.

vander
12-19-2008, 02:57 PM
you have already damaged your image and you're about to build a "don't even read his posts" ala "mrspurs" kind of reputation... get real already... :lol

here's some Image fodder for you:

I'll sign [a petition] for giving Bonner more playing time

Matt Bonner could fix our SF problems, If only Pop knew he was on our team

Trade Fodder

just waive Bonner

A certain Matt Bonner leads the Team in +/-
despite being on the court with TP all to often :lol

there'll be more where this came from after Ginobili makes what I already know obvious to even the likes of you.

get used to being wrong:lol

beachwood
12-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Then Manu is bigger than the Spurs if you believe this.

No, I just believe Manu is the type of player you stick with through thick and thin. He's not done yet.

Austin_Toros
12-19-2008, 03:55 PM
are We All Forgetting That Manu Cost Us The Finals Series Against The Dallas Mavs????????

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 04:00 PM
are We All Forgetting That Manu Cost Us The Finals Series Against The Dallas Mavs????????

Without Manu, the game isn't even that close. He made a mistake against Dirk on the last play but had done very well up to that point in getting the Spurs back in the game...

superbigtime
12-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Manu is so fucking frantic, chaotic, and helter skelter lately. Playing out of control. Out-faking himself more than the defense. Quit playing like such a fucking spazz Manu. The offense is going flat when he comes in. Mason quits shooting. They're just standing around watching Manu take bad shots. The Spurs are gonna go as far as Manu goes and right now he's going fucking nowhere.

xtremesteven33
12-19-2008, 04:03 PM

"...a day that shall go down, in Infamy..."

Austin_Toros
12-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Great proposal to trade Manu. As athletic an energetic as he used to be, Manu was a stimulus to his teammates who are general old. But not any more is he a stimulus as he is among the old group now. We all loved his hair but the age has taken most of his hair which is located on the central part of his head.

I totally agree. Trade Manu, he isnt worth it anymore. His game has deflated in 2 years. And that stupid silver medal in this past Olympics made his legs even worse. Last night he couldnt stay up in the air long enough to make his normal easy layups. If someone with a young team needs a veteran guard and has a big better then the scrubs we have right now then by all means. Dont let the door hit ya on the way out. I want the Spurs to win. I could care less who they trade in order to make the Spurs win. For me its always silver and black first. Players second.

YES! people in this forum actually have some sense!

vander
12-19-2008, 04:06 PM

that's a poor argument, you are hurting your own case here. that mistake had nothing to do with ability, nothing that alluded to an ongoing or growing problem

Austin_Toros
12-19-2008, 04:11 PM
that's a poor argument, you are hurting your own case here. that mistake had nothing to do with ability, nothing that alluded to an ongoing or growing problem

i realise that.
its just that i will never forget what he did because i wanted spurs to win that series soo badly for mike fin (against former team)

phxspurfan
12-19-2008, 04:13 PM
No freaking way. At times, Manu drives me crazy, both ways, as much as any Spurs player. But there's no freaking way the Spurs can or should trade him. He's too great f a player. There's an old NBA axiom that you never trade away a HOF player. Manu is exactly that.

Gary Payton
Karl Malone
Shaquille O'Neal
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash

(I won't discuss whether trading these guys made their teams better though...)

Bender
12-19-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't really enjoy watching him anymore. Sometimes I cringe when he get the ball.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Steve Nash

(I won't discuss whether trading these guys made their teams better though...)

I don't think Nash was considered a HOF when he left the Mavs...also, I didn't think that was a trade...

Josepatches_
12-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I really don't want to trade Manu or Tony.I would like to win another tittle with them.But I don't want to be like the Utah Jazz after their 2 NBA finals against the Bulls.I don't want to fight only to be in the playoffs without chance to win.
This year I'm sure we still can have chance to win the NBA,maybe 2 years more but in the future....well,everything depends on how TD can play.
IMO the best could be the reconstruction of the team.When Duncan goes down we can't built a championship team around Tony or Manu.We could fight to avoid the lottery but not much more.I hope and I believe that we aren't yet at this point.

So maybe next year or in 2 years could be the time to think about trade Manu or Tony or both them.Not today

urunobili
12-19-2008, 05:59 PM
here's some Image fodder for you:

A certain Matt Bonner leads the Team in +/-
despite being on the court with TP all to often :lol

there'll be more where this came from after Ginobili makes what I already know obvious to even the likes of you.

get used to being wrong:lol

I haven't changed my mind about Bonner... it seems you have jumped on his bandwagon a lil too early.. we'll talk about that again after the season is over... now back to the topic.. how r u going to prove that Manu has lost a step? can you? :lol

vander
12-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I haven't changed my mind about Bonner... it seems you have jumped on his bandwagon a lil too early.. we'll talk about that again after the season is over... now back to the topic.. how r u going to prove that Manu has lost a step? can you? :lol

check the dates, I rode in on the bonner "bandwagon"
and now I'm being proven right
and re read my posts, I don't need to give you stats, If stats are the only aspect of basketball that you can comprehend, well that's not my problem. Manu will be proving me right night in and night out, but you'll have to take off the homer goggles to see it.

kuato
12-19-2008, 08:29 PM
lets just remember that manu cost us the conference finals series against dallas mavs!!

:flag: You are on drugs.

Brazil
12-19-2008, 08:49 PM
I was w/o tv and internet during a couple of days (beach time).

I saw the scoreboards of this fucking btb and wow TP 3-17 last night... I was thinking OMG spurstalk must be on fire with 50 trade parker threads and finally it's pretty calm and Manu is taking the storm also. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Manu is averaging 16/4/4. He's shooting higher from the field than he ever has in his career, and he's averaging less turnovers than last season. And he's coming off an ankle surgery and still not in Manu-mode yet.

The people that want to trade Manu and Tony for a mediocre center are just nuts.

Thread OWNED. /thread

Manu is our closer and the soul of this team. He isn't even fully fit yet and certainly hasn't found his driving or shooting rhythm. It's still DECEMBER for fucksake.

Trading Manu would be insane.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-19-2008, 09:13 PM

...and as for this garbage, we wouldn't have even been IN the series if Manu hadn't helped to get us there. He only had 18/5/4/2/1 in game 5, 30/2/10/3/1 in game 6, and 23/2/2/3/2 in game 7... :rolleyes

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2006/series_sasdal.html

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Manu is not in his best form right now - he is forcing things sometimes because the team is going through a rocky ride. Remember that these players have only played about 10 full NBA games together!

Give them 2 1/2 months and talk to me after the RRT.

Until then, STFU with the "sky is falling, let's trade them all" BULLSHIT. :flipoff

InK
12-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I just dont get how you morons dont get tired of posting the same chewed up garbage over and over and over again.

12-19-2008, 09:29 PM

wasn't it ginobili who made the 3 that broke the tie? spurs were up by three after ginobili's shot and then he committed the foul. so he basically just erased his own heroics.

BigBigSpur
12-19-2008, 11:50 PM
check the dates, I rode in on the bonner "bandwagon"
and now I'm being proven right

It seems that you're always right??? And it seems that you can tell the future exactly??? Then you tell us when the SAS will trade Manu?

1usamotorsports.com
12-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Once again , when was the last time Manu took over a game .??? When was the last time he was consistant in 25 points or more?

Kori Ellis
12-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Once again , when was the last time Manu took over a game .??? When was the last time he was consistant in 25 points or more?

Is that the criteria for deciding if someone should be traded? Then the whole league should be traded.

timvp
12-20-2008, 02:12 AM
I don't understand this thread at all. By the responses, you'd think Ginobili was struggling.

But in reality, his stats are almost identical to his stats last year. And as he gets healthier, his stats should get even better.

Right now his overall field goal percentage and his two-point percentage are career-highs. He's rebounding better than ever. His assists are better than any point in his career other than last year .... and last year he was playing point guard for part of the season. His scoring is down slightly on a per minute basis but that will go up once he starts hitting for a better percentage on threes and from the line.

Considering Manu didn't get to play in any training camp or preseason and Pop has been messing around with his role, Manu is playing about as well as humanly possible. If you would have told me Manu would have needed virtually no recovery time after the surgery to get back to being a top level player, I would have thought you were liar. But that's exactly what he's done.

There's not a trade out there I even ponder if it involves Ginobili.

kace
12-20-2008, 05:29 AM
lol at the number of post of the thread in such a quick time :lol blasphemy here to try to trade manu who is the only reason for some fans here to support the spurs.

anyway, right now manu isn't clearly playing well enough. he had great times since his return but shows a real lack of consistency.

but there's really nothing that makes me think he's not simply getting back in shape and that he couldn't get back to his usual level.

and manu at his usual level and at his price is just untradable. too good and too cheap.

and i'd really liked to see him end his career with the spurs. it should be that way in a perfect world.

SpurSupremacist
12-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah. Think about all these guys that have been traded somewhat recently: Ray Allen, Pau Gasol, Shaq, KG... The only one you could say was a wash, could be Billups/Iverson. Then again, they swapped for basically players on the same position.

Ever heard of Al Jefferson?? Ever heard of Devin Harris? Wait, I shouldn't have included Harris, Kidd is completely washed up... Manu is only half way there.

SpurSupremacist
12-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Ignore him.

Carter is a franchise player. Manu Ginobili is not.

SpurSupremacist
12-20-2008, 08:07 AM
None of the player we would get can play like a MVP. Manu is not consistant... but when he is on, he is the best player in the league.

I laughed. Hard.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Carter is a franchise player. Manu Ginobili is not.

:lol mrspurs will be proud of you.

SpurSupremacist
12-20-2008, 08:19 AM
:lol mrspurs will be proud of you.
I guess I don't get it.

cherylsteele
12-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Manu is still playing, while Sean is in the press box, who has more potential?
At least I am thinking...you are not.

smeagol
12-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I don't understand this thread at all. By the responses, you'd think Ginobili was struggling.

But in reality, his stats are almost identical to his stats last year. And as he gets healthier, his stats should get even better.

Right now his overall field goal percentage and his two-point percentage are career-highs. He's rebounding better than ever. His assists are better than any point in his career other than last year .... and last year he was playing point guard for part of the season. His scoring is down slightly on a per minute basis but that will go up once he starts hitting for a better percentage on threes and from the line.

Considering Manu didn't get to play in any training camp or preseason and Pop has been messing around with his role, Manu is playing about as well as humanly possible. If you would have told me Manu would have needed virtually no recovery time after the surgery to get back to being a top level player, I would have thought you were liar. But that's exactly what he's done.

This proves that deep inside you are a card-carrying COM memeber :toast

vander
12-20-2008, 10:47 PM
hey, It turns out that the trade value of a player on his rookie contract is equal to the $$ of the first year of his extension!:wow (if he has one)
I was unaware
this opens the door to a few more trade possibilities :lobt2:

vander
12-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Manu is still playing, while Sean is in the press box, who has more potential?
At least I am thinking...you are not.

yep
manu > elliott, therefore... 09 championship

genius!

Josepatches_
12-20-2008, 10:58 PM

+1.

End of the thread

Timmy
12-21-2008, 12:33 AM
No.
:hat:downspin:

vander
12-23-2008, 09:42 PM
wait, I thought Manu was supposed to improve over time, as he comes back from the injury:p:

I'm sure there's some young team out there that needs player like Ginobili to be a veteran presence, a leader, show them how to play with heart etc.
what we need is youth and someone with low-post moves. Hill/TP/Mason can hold down the 1 and 2 spots just fine, with Finley getting some time too I guess. bowen/ime can be serviceable at the 3 for one last year, but a young 3 or 3/4 kind of like Josh Smith is what we should be looking to get out of Manu.

it's me
12-23-2008, 09:51 PM
wait, I thought Manu was supposed to improve over time, as he comes back from the injury:p:

I'm sure there's some young team out there that needs player like Ginobili to be a veteran presence, a leader, show them how to play with heart etc.
what we need is youth and someone with low-post moves. Hill/TP/Mason can hold down the 1 and 2 spots just fine, with Finley getting some time too I guess. bowen/ime can be serviceable at the 3 for one last year, but a young 3 or 3/4 kind of like Josh Smith is what we should be looking to get out of Manu.

Enjoy it:toast fucking hater

ElNono
12-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Ever heard of Al Jefferson?? Ever heard of Devin Harris? Wait, I shouldn't have included Harris, Kidd is completely washed up... Manu is only half way there.

Al Jefferson is a great player, but looking at Boston's record and at the T-Pup's record tells me right away who got favored the most with that trade. And don't forget that Dallas traded both Harris and Diop for Kidd.

Manu will be fine. He definitely knows he's not playing great, but it's a long season. I want him ready by the time the Playoffs come around.

Avitus1
12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Blah blah blah blah BULLSHIT!

jemanuel
12-24-2008, 12:19 AM

yeah you have a point, knowing manu is hot in the free agent market...but you forgot something that without manu spurs won't be in the conference finals in the first place...that's a fact!!!:ihit:ihit:ihit:nope:nope:nope MANU 4 LIFE!!!

SpurOutofTownFan
12-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Damn, I come back out of forum-retirement and right in my face I see this fucking stupid post. This suggestion at trading manu has been discussed many times and it's a no-win. Period.

urunobili
02-24-2010, 11:01 PM
lol ducks
lol vander
lol mookie
lol rascal

8FOR!3
02-24-2010, 11:06 PM
After this game, Ginobili clearly need to be dealt. Not gonna win any games with him playing like that...

mexicanjunior
02-24-2010, 11:07 PM
After this game, Ginobili clearly need to be dealt. Not gonna win any games with him playing like that...

His trade value will never be higher...

8FOR!3
02-24-2010, 11:08 PM
His trade value will never be higher...

We might be able to get Najara for him...

vander
02-25-2010, 12:18 AM
lol ducks
lol vander
lol mookie
lol rascal

some basketball players have to show up and play every game to get respect and adoration from their fans, but for the CoM: one good game in every 10 or ever 15 is plenty :lmao:lmao:lmao

santymrc
02-25-2010, 12:43 AM
some basketball players have to show up and play every game to get respect and adoration from their fans, but for the CoM: one good game in every 10 or ever 15 is plenty :lmao:lmao:lmao

Did your mom breast feed you? Did you drink too much paint while growing up?

vander
02-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Did your mom breast feed you? Did you drink too much paint while growing up?

ah personal attacks, I revel in them, it means you're angry, but you've got nothing basketball related to come back at me with.

in the famous words of sequ, "raise the bar" get that weak middle school locker room shit out of here :rolleyes :wakeup

smeagol
02-25-2010, 05:37 AM

This proves you've been watching the Spurs in February :rolleyes

Manu had 1 good game of 10 in this months :rolleyes

smeagol
02-25-2010, 05:38 AM
ah personal attacks, I revel in them, it means you're angry, but you've got nothing basketball related to come back at me with.

in the famous words of sequ, "raise the bar" get that weak middle school locker room shit out of here :rolleyes :wakeup

And your basketball come back is . . . ?

ThaiFanofSpurs
02-25-2010, 08:10 AM
No, the big 3 should stay. Like some posters have said, I would rather see the team lose or win with the three of them in the team. I am a little disappointed with TP this season though...

santymrc
02-25-2010, 10:39 AM

No need to get angry... I was just asking it couse i was wondering what child drama took your basketball IQ out of your mind...

BTW Manu has been solid all February as smeagol pointed out.

Manu-of-steel
02-25-2010, 10:45 AM

You're the one who's angry. If it's not hate for Manu, i don't know what it is. For you to say Manu has 1 good game in every 10 is a crap. It's a statement from someone who's either not watching games/ high on drugs/ or just a Manu hater.

OldSilentHill
02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Manu is not in his best form right now - he is forcing things sometimes because the team is going through a rocky ride. Remember that these players have only played about 10 full NBA games together!

Give them 2 1/2 months and talk to me after the RRT.

Until then, STFU with the "sky is falling, let's trade them all" BULLSHIT. :flipoff

Manu in 2 1/2 months = slowly taking care of business

Rest of the team besides maybe Hill = not so much yet

Until we are out of the Playoffs Iīm still a believer.

Period.

PS: I donīt have to mention Duncan :toast

Bartleby
02-25-2010, 12:41 PM

For the month of Feb. (9 games) Manu has averaged 17.5 points, 4.4 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game. His points average in his last three games is 23.6

rascal
02-25-2010, 12:45 PM
lol ducks
lol vander
lol mookie
lol rascal

Manu should have been traded. He went on to get injured and out for the season last year and this year the spurs are still weak on the frontline and have no shot at a title.

doobs
02-25-2010, 12:53 PM
For the month of Feb. (9 games) Manu has averaged 17.5 points, 4.4 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game. His points average in his last three games is 23.6

I keep getting 19.44 ppg for February.

ElNono
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
It must really suck to be a Manu hater...

how many times they called him done? And he always comes back and proves them wrong...

At least I'll give credit to vander and rascal for showing up...

MaNuMaNiAc
02-25-2010, 01:05 PM

yeah, you're the one bringing the basketball knowledge...

Bartleby
02-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Either way, it seems pretty evident Manu has finally played his way back into shape and has gotten back into a rhythm.

rjv
02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
i guess smeagol is at mordor now.

easy7
02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
If the Spurs did not have Manu this year they would be lottery bound for sure.

smeagol
02-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Manu should have been traded. He went on to get injured and out for the season last year and this year the spurs are still weak on the frontline and have no shot at a title.

Great logic!

Manu should be traded because he was injures . . . last year???

I guess what follows is that Parker should be traded, because he is injured today :lol

Dude, you've been wrong since 2004. Give it up!

rascal
02-25-2010, 02:51 PM

how many times they called him done? And he always comes back and proves them wrong...

Manu is over rated here. He has good stretches of games from time to time but overall very inconsistent especially against the top teams.
Not even an all star type of player.

The spurs are still without a true starting quality center and trading Manu to get one made sense.

These earlier posts are from before Manu went out last year to an injury so we were right to want to move him. last year was another wasted opportunity for a title and Manu was not there in the playoffs when needed.

urunobili
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Manu is over rated here. He has good stretches of games from time to time but overall very inconsistent especially against the top teams.

:sleep
So a full month playing great is a stretch or a sign that he is actually picking up his hoops again? I wonder...

The spurs are still without a true starting quality center and trading Manu to get one made sense.

:lol It'd make sense if Pop actually commits to play a big...

These earlier posts are from before Manu went out last year to an injury so we were right to want to move him. last year was another wasted opportunity for a title and Manu was not there in the playoffs when needed.
:cry

rascal
02-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Great logic!

Manu should be traded because he was injures . . . last year???

I guess what follows is that Parker should be traded, because he is injured today :lol

Dude, you've been wrong since 2004. Give it up!

Don't understand your logic. I said last dec. he should have been traded then shortly after that he goes out for the year. I was right wanting to move him because he was worthless for the rest of the year.

The spurs are not winning a title with Manu and a weak frontline.

DaBears
02-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Manu is not going anywhere... FRont office wont allow it, City wont allow it, Argentina wont allow it... my next door neighbors baby momma wont allow it.

DaBears
02-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Im okay with bouncing booner, Count Finley, Bogans, and TP..... Everyone else can stay and do my laundry........Cuase they are all washed up. lol

OldSilentHill
02-25-2010, 03:16 PM

So you realize that, without a healthly Manu, Spurs canīt do it.

So, he is demostrating big times for the last month and you come up with this?

You need to open your heart like Gino and believe as he does in court :bang

smeagol
02-25-2010, 03:49 PM
The spurs are not winning a title with Manu and a weak frontline.

You said the same thing in 05 and 07. You even bet Vbucks against the Spurs. Don't make me find the post . . .

ElNono
02-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Don't understand your logic. I said last dec. he should have been traded then shortly after that he goes out for the year. I was right wanting to move him because he was worthless for the rest of the year.

You never want to move an injured guy, unless you're moving him for the value of his expiring. How you pretend to get a quality player in return for an player whose value is at the lowest?

If anything, moving him now that his value is up would have been an option if we would be tanking/rebuilding. But obviously we're not.

The Truth #6
02-25-2010, 05:58 PM
The trading deadline passed so I'm not sure what the argument is about. Trading Parker makes more sense because he has a higher value, but it doesn't matter because the FO isn't trading any of the Big 3. They can't think outside the concept of the Big 3. Without the Big 3, the FO and coaches have nothing else to hang their hat on.

senorglory
02-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Manu moves the ball, hustles, and plays well with the new guys. His shot is coming back and he's starting to score again. He's made big defensive plays all season, even when it was clear he had a few months to go getting back into shape from summer layoff. I don't see the urgency in moving Manu. There may be a good argument in moving Manu for money issues, which have not yet manifest, or as part of seriously good trade that brings us youth and talent, which can't happen this season now that we're past the trade deadline, but otherwise, what's the hubbub, bub?

senorglory
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM
It's been repeated here, as everywhere else, what has become a bit of an old chestnut, that 'basketball is a business.' Well, humbug, I say. Basketball may be a business to those that are actually in the business of basketball, but for fans, basketball operates nothing like a business.

When one cheers for the Spurs for twenty plus years, he shows more than brand loyalty. Our joy in the Spurs' success isn't measured in dividends. Oh there's a definite bottom line, for the company that owns the Spurs franchise-- they know how much money they've made for their investors, but there's no similar bottom line for the fans to which the Spurs franchise belongs in a different sense. The business enterprise can measure success in dollars, how do basketball fans measure success? Not in dollars, nor really even in those other basketball indicators of "wins" and "championships," even though this is another oft repeated false truism. I have loved the Spurs even in years their return was zero, as measured in championships, and conversely, I did not instead love the Lakers during those loathsome years the Lakers investment returned championships... because those things, individual wins and championships, are to some degree irrelevant, and to all degrees not the sole measure of a fan's appreciation for his team.

It's great to be a Spurs fan because our guys are likable guys. I like Ginobili. I like Duncan. I like Blair. I like the Spurs culture. I like our brand of basketball and believe it's a superior product, even in the face of contradictory data-- such as playoff defeats. I don't care, we're the Spurs dammit! We do it our way. Ginobili is one of us.

Sure I want to win, and I'm as practical and cynical as the next SpursTalk poster, but I just want to point out, as part of this conversation, that there's more at stake in trading Ginobili than just moving some stats around, or dumping some money, and I think the disconnect between posters here in favor or against the trade may be from the failure to recognize that basketball is not, in fact, merely a business, and that when we talk about moving one of the big three, we're talking about something that cannot-- should not, by the fan, be approached with complete clinical indifference.

vander
02-25-2010, 07:27 PM

when has he done this when it matters, I can't believe you guys think he's going to continue playing like he did last night, like he just magically flipped a switch.

when it matters, in the playoffs, against good defense, he will get shut down and/or injured.

I said it after his injury against the Lakers in the playoffs, We can't win a title with Manu anymore, and I stick with it.

I still think we have a small chance to win it all this year, but it will be in spite of Manu, If we have to rely on Manu "being Manu" to win, we don't have a chance. but if the team starts playing good D, and TP gets healthy, and RJ finally finds his groove, and Pop starts using smart lineups, and our 3 point shooters don't go cold, and if Manu is relegated to little more than a role player... then we could win it all yet.

ElNono
02-25-2010, 07:47 PM
when has he done this when it matters, I can't believe you guys think he's going to continue playing like he did last night, like he just magically flipped a switch.

when it matters, in the playoffs, against good defense, he will get shut down and/or injured.

:lol

Now Manu never played well in the playoffs? Elevated his game and won us pivotal games in the same fashion as last night? :rolleyes

I said it after his injury against the Lakers in the playoffs, We can't win a title with Manu anymore, and I stick with it.

I still think we have a small chance to win it all this year, but it will be in spite of Manu, If we have to rely on Manu "being Manu" to win, we don't have a chance. but if the team starts playing good D, and TP gets healthy, and RJ finally finds his groove, and Pop starts using smart lineups, and our 3 point shooters don't go cold, and if Manu is relegated to little more than a role player... then we could win it all yet.

So, if we win it's in spite of Manu...
but if we lose it's because of Manu...

You have all your hatin' bases covered. :lol

I just don't know why you're so butthurt. Wasn't Manu done a long time ago? :lmao

vander
02-25-2010, 08:44 PM
:lol

Now Manu never played well in the playoffs? Elevated his game and won us pivotal games in the same fashion as last night? :rolleyes

So, if we win it's in spite of Manu...
but if we lose it's because of Manu...

You have all your hatin' bases covered. :lol

I just don't know why you're so butthurt. Wasn't Manu done a long time ago? :lmao

you're reading, but you aren't understanding. there's no hating, there's only a clear view of reality that you are desperately resisting, this team might win a Championship, but it will be with manu being little more than a 3 point shooter.

in fact, if Manu gets injured again, it won't even hurt our chances all that much.

this is the truth, and an exciting play here and there, a good game here and there, calling people haters... these things might make you feel better for a short while, but eventually you're going to have to face the truth: Manu on the court does not improve this team's chances of beating good teams.

Manudona
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
It's been repeated here, as everywhere else, what has become a bit of an old chestnut, that 'basketball is a business.' Well, humbug, I say. Basketball may be a business to those that are actually in the business of basketball, but for fans, basketball operates nothing like a business.

When one cheers for the Spurs for twenty plus years, he shows more than brand loyalty. Our joy in the Spurs' success isn't measured in dividends. Oh there's a definite bottom line, for the company that owns the Spurs franchise-- they know how much money they've made for their investors, but there's no similar bottom line for the fans to which the Spurs franchise belongs in a different sense. The business enterprise can measure success in dollars, how do basketball fans measure success? Not in dollars, nor really even in those other basketball indicators of "wins" and "championships," even though this is another oft repeated false truism. I have loved the Spurs even in years their return was zero, as measured in championships, and conversely, I did not instead love the Lakers during those loathsome years the Lakers investment returned championships... because those things, individual wins and championships, are to some degree irrelevant, and to all degrees not the sole measure of a fan's appreciation for his team.

It's great to be a Spurs fan because our guys are likable guys. I like Ginobili. I like Duncan. I like Blair. I like the Spurs culture. I like our brand of basketball and believe it's a superior product, even in the face of contradictory data-- such as playoff defeats. I don't care, we're the Spurs dammit! We do it our way. Ginobili is one of us.

Sure I want to win, and I'm as practical and cynical as the next SpursTalk poster, but I just want to point out, as part of this conversation, that there's more at stake in trading Ginobili than just moving some stats around, or dumping some money, and I think the disconnect between posters here in favor or against the trade may be from the failure to recognize that basketball is not, in fact, merely a business, and that when we talk about moving one of the big three, we're talking about something that cannot-- should not, by the fan, be approached with complete clinical indifference.

:toast

Agloco
02-25-2010, 09:48 PM

This from the guy who has Dicky J in his sig......

GTFO man.

Agloco
02-25-2010, 09:52 PM

But you do have to have something positive to say in order for people to buy the wheel-barrel full of crap you're pushing.

Pretty much every comment you post is negatively inclined.

rascal
02-25-2010, 10:27 PM

Corny!

rascal
02-25-2010, 10:30 PM
You never want to move an injured guy, unless you're moving him for the value of his expiring. How you pretend to get a quality player in return for an player whose value is at the lowest?

If anything, moving him now that his value is up would have been an option if we would be tanking/rebuilding. But obviously we're not.

It was trading him before he was injured.

rascal
02-25-2010, 10:34 PM

The bottom line is building a team that wins championships not a team of altar boys and if it means letting go of players that you have fond past memories of then so be it, if thats what is best for the franchise.

I am sure you will grow fond of the new spurs that will bring future success.

SpurNation
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
So the premise of the OP is to get something of value for Manu while he is at least tradeable prior to going south for the rest of his career?

I might consider that if the trade were to be for someone in their mid to late 20's that has proven to be the player Manu has proven to be.

...There isn't one out there...so...No.

DAF86
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Manu on the court does not improve this team's chances of beating good teams.

Weren't you the one that said that you don't know much about basketball but you watch it just because of TP?...well, it shows.

FeZZy
02-25-2010, 11:40 PM
that says a lot from a guy who has richard jefferson in their signature EW!

Manu-of-steel
02-25-2010, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=vander;4116292]you're reading, but you aren't understanding. there's no hating, there's only a clear view of reality that you are desperately resisting, this team might win a Championship, but it will be with manu being little more than a 3 point shooter.

in fact, if Manu gets injured again, it won't even hurt our chances all that much.

this is the truth, and an exciting play here and there, a good game here and there, calling people haters... these things might make you feel better for a short while, but eventually you're going to have to face the truth: Manu on the court does not improve this team's chances of beating good teams.[/QU
LOL at your view of reality. You're saying Manu on court doesn't improve the teams chances of beating good teams. LOL! I'm having abdominal cramps laughing at your posts. LOL!

senorglory
02-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Corny!

Ha!

ElNono
02-26-2010, 12:12 AM
you're reading, but you aren't understanding. there's no hating, there's only a clear view of reality that you are desperately resisting, this team might win a Championship, but it will be with manu being little more than a 3 point shooter.

this is the truth, and an exciting play here and there, a good game here and there, calling people haters... these things might make you feel better for a short while, but eventually you're going to have to face the truth: Manu on the court does not improve this team's chances of beating good teams.

You keep saying that but you don't back it up with anything. There's simply no rationale that would explain how you reach that conclusion.
Either you don't watch the games or you simply don't know much of anything about basketball.

lennyalderette
02-26-2010, 03:42 AM
he and timmy share the soul of this team!!! shut up and start posting fire pop threads

spurs10
02-26-2010, 04:05 AM
Yeah, Manu never plays a pivotal role in beating good teams....what are you, insane?

vander
02-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Weren't you the one that said that you don't know much about basketball but you watch it just because of TP?

nope

oh, and: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!?!?! :lol

urunobili
02-26-2010, 10:06 PM
nope

oh, and: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW!?!?! :lol

9 rbs 4 assits to balance a bad shooting start... :wakeup

vander
02-26-2010, 10:07 PM
You keep saying that but you don't back it up with anything. There's simply no rationale that would explain how you reach that conclusion.
Either you don't watch the games or you simply don't know much of anything about basketball.

there's plenty of "rationale" but you refuse to see it, and i'm not going to waste time trying to force feed it to you spoon by spoon. you just go on thinking he's the Man once every 15 games when he plays great, and forgetting the other 14 ever took place. :lol

one little fact though, that win against OKC was the first time in 2010 that we beat a +.500 team with Manu scoring 20+ points, and only the 2nd/3rd time all season (I think Charlotte was below .500 at the time)
so you see, relying on Manu = loss

what evidence do you have that Manu helps us beat good teams?

vander
02-26-2010, 10:12 PM
also, Spurs record when Manu plays 30+ minutes: 7-10

ElNono
02-26-2010, 11:17 PM
there's plenty of "rationale" but you refuse to see it, and i'm not going to waste time trying to force feed it to you spoon by spoon. you just go on thinking he's the Man once every 15 games when he plays great, and forgetting the other 14 ever took place. :lol

So there's plenty of rationale but you rather not post it? :rolleyes
What's rational is that you're full of shit...

one little fact though, that win against OKC was the first time in 2010 that we beat a +.500 team with Manu scoring 20+ points, and only the 2nd/3rd time all season (I think Charlotte was below .500 at the time)
so you see, relying on Manu = loss

But you hardly been bitching about him just this season... Furthermore, your claim goes all the way to the playoffs, all teams over .500 (at least in the west)
And nobody claims Manu wasn't shooting well early in the season. But you don't have the balls to give him credit now that's he's back to shooting well.

what evidence do you have that Manu helps us beat good teams?

Four deep playoffs runs where he was instrumental in winning pivotal games to win series? Didn't you say he was a stud then? You need to make up your mind.

ElNono
02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
also, Spurs record when Manu plays 30+ minutes: 7-10

And?

rascal
02-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Just face it. Manu is inconsistent. Stats up and down and when they average out they end up not being up there with the stars of the league.

ElNono
02-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Just face it. Manu is inconsistent. Stats up and down and when they average out they end up not being up there with the stars of the league.

We have a star. He's called Tim Duncan. Manu and Tony are his sidekicks, and as such they do as good a job as any other sidekicks in this league. Matter of fact, he won 6th man of the year in his last full season.

ElNono
02-27-2010, 12:43 AM
At least you're consistent rascal... you've been wrong about Manu since '05...