PDA

View Full Version : "Painful to watch..sad.."

Punkkboy44
12-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Those were the words of my daughter after we watched the Spurs effort or lack of one tonight first hand in Orlando..the money we spent tonight was not well spent...a refund is in order..the total lack of desire comes to my mind after this pitiful excuse for a game the Spurs played..Tony Parker in particular was lit up by Nelson and on the other end could not make anything but a layup here or there..his jumper could only be described as half hearted..no team chemistry...SAD INDEED.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 12:52 AM
There's not a "lack of desire." Believe me, every guy on the roster wants to win. Not many teams win back to back games when they go to bed after 4am. Particularly when 2 of the 3 best players aren't even in game shape yet.

15 RINGS BITCH
12-19-2008, 12:53 AM
aging team=inevitable

xtremesteven33
12-19-2008, 12:55 AM
lets just put it like this.

Back to Back games are this spurs teams ACHILLES HEEL.

Punkkboy44
12-19-2008, 12:58 AM
OK..maybe not a lack of desire..but SOMETHING is lacking..believe me..I was there..I could feel it...I again saw hesitation on the part of Spurs players..Mason seems detached somewhat from the action...We almost got excited when the lead was cut to 6...but boy was that short lived...worst Spurs game I ever saw them play in Orlando..I was thinking back on the Super Bowl Sunday game from 2002 we saw..now that team wanted to win....

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 01:00 AM
OK..maybe not a lack of desire..but SOMETHING is lacking..believe me..I was there..I could feel it...I again saw hesitation on the part of Spurs players..Mason seems detached somewhat from the action...We almost got excited when the lead was cut to 6...but boy was that short lived...worst Spurs game I ever saw them play in Orlando..I was thinking back on the Super Bowl Sunday game from 2002 we saw..now that team wanted to win....

Definitely a lack of energy and cohesiveness.

I used to go watch the Spurs get killed by the Lakers all the time when I lived in L.A. - I feel your pain :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-19-2008, 01:05 AM
b2b really should be done away with. There are no b2b games in the playoffs, so why should there be in the regular season?

If they want b2b games for scheduling purposes, then BOTH teams should play each other on a b2b

ElNono
12-19-2008, 01:10 AM
If we would have played the first half like the second, effort-wise, it would have been a lot more competitive. But not only we didn't put the same effort, we also shot miserably. Season low 29 points at the half. It's hard to win when you can't buy a bucket.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 01:11 AM
b2b really should be done away with. There are no b2b games in the playoffs, so why should there be in the regular season?

If they want b2b games for scheduling purposes, then BOTH teams should play each other on a b2b

I don't mind back to backs if the first game is early. But when a team arrives in a city at 3:30am on the second night of a back to back, there's not much they can do. They get to bed really late, so they either have to get up early and then go through their normal game day routine (and be tired from not enough sleep), or they can sleep in late and their whole routine is messed up.

Most NBA players are very routine-based. They eat at the same time, shoot around at the same time, etc every game day. When that gets messed up, then they are all out of whack.

Sure, the Spurs could have lost to Orlando even if this wasn't a back to back. But arriving so late with players that are coming off recent injuries, I didn't expect them to be able to hang.

underdawg
12-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Definitely a lack of energy and cohesiveness.

I used to go watch the Spurs get killed by the Lakers all the time when I lived in L.A. - I feel your pain :lol

but you have to agree that at least historically the Spurs have responded to losses whether immediately or in the long run. I hate to see losses, but if they can become useful the losses do have value. We loss to the Hornets in a game where we had the lead for a majority of the game, but lost at the end because of a lack of desire. We dwealt on that loss tonight and again showed a lack of intesity, emotion and chemistry. After a while, as a competitor that's used to succeeding that has to get a old and a desire to succeed becomes imperative.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-19-2008, 01:17 AM

It's just a question of fitting in the games. The regular season is a grind.

They do do this sometimes on a home-and-home but it's pretty rare.

phyzik
12-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Go back to that cesspool Spursreport or send your daughter over there.... Its obvious one or both of you dont know basketball.

Bartleby
12-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Trade your daughter for a girl with a higher basketball IQ.

Fpoonsie
12-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Go back to that cesspool Spursreport or send your daughter over there.... Its obvious one or both of you dont know basketball.

Trade your daughter for a girl with a higher basketball IQ.

:rolleyes I don't think a lack of a bball IQ has ANYTHING to do w/ the very understandable opinion that that game WAS very difficult to watch on TV...much less in person surrounded by opposing fans. Seeing them trying, in vain, to compete, REGARDLESS of the factors surrounding it, WAS sad.

Obstructed_View
12-19-2008, 01:43 AM
That was a game that I hit delete on before the end of the first half. Glad I didn't have to sit there in the arena and watch it.

spursfan09
12-19-2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah Spur fans are all just a bunch of drama queens. Yes the Spurs did not play thier best. But to say they have a lack of desire? It was a back to back, they lost a heartbreaker in New Orleans the day before, they got into Orlando really late. The Spurs as a team are aging. To me these are reasons why they coudln't compete there for a while. Thier to desire to win is what helped to cut that lead.

T Park
12-19-2008, 02:10 AM
I just watched the game on TIVO.

The heart and desire was there, but not the legs.

Go back to Spursreport please.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Just signed in and can't believe the overreactions here! We've lost 2 tough b2b games in december after a 7 game win streak and people use this to base an opinion that the Spurs are not gonna be good enough in the playoffs, that we should trade [insert name here],etc. Seriously, is this your first season being a Spurs/basketball fan?

You should know better. We've been in a much worse shape and we'll be just fine.

word
12-19-2008, 05:21 AM
b2b really should be done away with. There are no b2b games in the playoffs...

Oh but there are, and you spend them sleeping on a bus or in a broken down airplane. Game 7 NO....Game 1 LA...'member ? What was that....14 hours ?

Don't get me started....

Obstructed_View
12-19-2008, 09:07 AM
The Spurs played okay against New Orleans despite not shooting well. They then lost it right at the end in a way that left them heading to Orlando with nothing to feel good about with their performance. You almost had to pencil in the Orlando game as a L looking at the schedule, and Pop flails sometimes when he's not sure what to do, and putting in Udoka was a sure sign of that.

It's a bad stretch. Every team has them. The Spurs go through them every year. Like Timmy said to Chris Paul the other night: Calm the fuck down.

Punkkboy44
12-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Ohhh.I forgot my 1 highlite..we left before J. Vaughn got his token garbage time PT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoSpur
12-19-2008, 09:36 AM
LOL at T-Park telling someone in here to go back to Spursreport. Dude quit on his team during the playoffs, but has the right to tell someone to leave because he complains about one game. Good one!

Sorry you had to witness that game in person. The desire is there. The energy wasn't. You can tell because a lot of those shots that were missed were short. An obvious sign of "no legs."

T Park
12-19-2008, 09:38 AM
LOL at T-Park telling someone in here to go back to Spursreport. Dude quit on his team during the playoffs, but has the right to tell someone to leave because he complains about one game. Good one!

Sorry you had to witness that game in person. The desire is there. The energy wasn't. You can tell because a lot of those shots that were missed were short. An obvious sign of "no legs."

Whatever you say skippy.

You act like you know me, when you don't know me for shit.

So quit acting like you know who I am and what I did.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 09:39 AM
aging team=inevitable

+1

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
lets just put it like this.

Back to Back games are this spurs teams ACHILLES HEEL.

And this year will be even worse its sad to say.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 09:42 AM

Or perhaps you havnt heard. Tpark is one of the biggest play babies this site has. One of my first ignores on this site.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 09:44 AM
If we would have played the first half like the second, effort-wise, it would have been a lot more competitive. But not only we didn't put the same effort, we also shot miserably. Season low 29 points at the half. It's hard to win when you can't buy a bucket.

That was the real reason. Sometimes the ball refuses to fall into the bucket. And the ball doesnt care who is shooting.

T Park
12-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Or perhaps you havnt heard. Tpark is one of the biggest play babies this site has. One of my first ignores on this site.

:lol

What exactly is a play baby genius?

Oh, Gee!!
12-19-2008, 09:55 AM
what concerns me is we don't know yet the value each of these losses will have at the end of the year. if this year is like last, every loss will be weighed very heavily against our seeding in the playoffs. we really have to be top four or we'll be in trouble.

T Park
12-19-2008, 10:03 AM
what concerns me is we don't know yet the value each of these losses will have at the end of the year. if this year is like last, every loss will be weighed very heavily against our seeding in the playoffs. we really have to be top four or we'll be in trouble.

Before 07 it was

"They have to win the division and be at the number 1 spot in the western conference, because they have never won before without it"

So I don't get where everyone thinks this team HAS to be at the very top to do anything.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Before 07 it was

"They have to win the division and be at the number 1 spot in the western conference, because they have never won before without it"

So I don't get where everyone thinks this team HAS to be at the very top to do anything.

Maybe not the very top but starting the playoffs on the road for each playoff series is conceviable with each passing loss we endure now. Considering not many (if any) team has won a championship with no HCA whatsoever, I would say the losses mean something...

Spork KIller
12-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Those were the words of my daughter after we watched the Spurs effort or lack of one tonight first hand in Orlando..the money we spent tonight was not well spent...a refund is in order..the total lack of desire comes to my mind after this pitiful excuse for a game the Spurs played..Tony Parker in particular was lit up by Nelson and on the other end could not make anything but a layup here or there..his jumper could only be described as half hearted..no team chemistry...SAD INDEED.

You need to get your money back dude...

Oh, Gee!!
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Before 07 it was

I didn't say the very top, just at least 4th. They need to play at least one series at home.

EVAY
12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
There's not a "lack of desire." Believe me, every guy on the roster wants to win. Not many teams win back to back games when they go to bed after 4am. Particularly when 2 of the 3 best players aren't even in game shape yet.

Why do you say that Kori? ( about Tony and Manu) What makes you think that? How long do you think it will take? Pop spends so much time waiting for people to come back from injury, and is known for being so conservative with injuries, that it is hard to imagine that being the case.

It just appears that the Spurs are lacking energy leadership, and that is not a new phenomenon for this team. I was a season ticket holder for the last thirteen years ( until this season). I have watched virtually every game, and it never seems to change.

It seems to me that the stars want to win if it isn't too much trouble, but they seem as though they are content with giving themselves a lot of excuses. The big exception to this was the game against Dallas, when everyone seemed like they really wanted it. You can tell the difference in how they play and how they handle themselves on the court.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Why do you say that Kori? ( about Tony and Manu) What makes you think that? How long do you think it will take? Pop spends so much time waiting for people to come back from injury, and is known for being so conservative with injuries, that it is hard to imagine that being the case.

I didn't say they weren't healthy. I just mean they aren't in physical game shape .... Meaning that they get tired easily, run out of gas quick, don't have their legs all the way back. The only way to get through that is to play games. They'll be much better in a couple weeks.

ploto
12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
This is someone who gets to see the Spurs play in person ONCE per season. Of course they were disappointed to have spent a lot of money and taken the time just to see that pathetic game.

And I do not agree: I see effort from some players, but not all.

Punkkboy44
12-20-2008, 12:17 AM
My daughter has a comment for the diehard "Its only December!" Spurs loyalists...WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFE!!!! I personally am kicking myself for not taking the Spurs under 48 wins before the season started....