PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who missed Suns vs. Blazers

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Lemme tell you you missed an epic defensive performance from Steve Nash. When I was watching Steve Blake I could have sworn it was Jerry West the way he was diming and somehow getting open on every play. In addition, because Nash didn't feel he was giving enough easy baskets on defense, he made sure to turn it over 6 times so he could even give the other team easy baskets from the offensive end.

And in addition he went into Starbury mode in the 4th quarter where his mindset is, "I'm either gonna win the game, or we're gonna lose the game," and shoots fadeaway 3 pointer on a possession where they needed to score.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, YOU'RE 2009 "I WENT FROM BEING A ROLE MODEL TO BEING A CANCER IN LESS THAN A YEAR" AWARD WINNER MR. STEVE NASH AND HIS OVERALL COMMITMENT TO MAKING SURE THE OFFENSE HE CAN PROVIDE IS ALWAYS CANCELED OUT BY THE DEFENSE HE DOESN'T PROVIDE!!!!

honestfool84
12-19-2008, 02:20 AM
awesome thread.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-19-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm sick and tired of this idiot being treated by Phoenix bandwagon fans like he's the 2nd coming of MJ, he makes the dumbest mistakes in the 4th quarter and doesn't even give one iota of energy on D. Doesn't fight through screens, doesn't play smart, just follows the ball around like a 5 year old in his first YMCA game and never stays on his man.

I wish more Suns fans knew basketball existed before 2004 so I didn't have to post that rant on a Spurs site but I know Spurs fans are gonna find the humor in it, if I posted that on a Suns' site I'd get lambasted for wanting them to play defense. I think the day Nash bolts for NY it will be funny since all the fans care so much about him and will be so sad, and they won't even realize he doesn't give a flying fuck about them.

Xylus
12-19-2008, 02:43 AM
Steve Nash's defense tonight was some of the worst defense I've ever seen in a basketball game.

Oscar Robertson could have played better D, and that fucker's 70 years old.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Steve Nash's defense tonight was some of the worst defense I've ever seen in a basketball game.

Oscar Robertson could have played better D, and that fucker's 70 years old.

Ya tonight was bad, almost as bad as the New Jersey game where they turned Carter and Harris into Magic Johnson and James Worthy.

Xylus
12-19-2008, 02:50 AM
Porter is in the process of teaching our guys the easy-to-master, but hard-to-justify, Amoeba Defense.

BradLohaus
12-19-2008, 03:09 AM
In the summer of 2006 I told a friend of mine from Arizona that Phx should sell high (the peak, actually) on Nash and trade him. He looked like he wanted to either kill me or put me in an asylum. Looking back, it's so obvious... but he still won't admit it; such is the love for Nash among Suns fans.

I said the same thing about Marion, but I think everybody knew that except Miami.

dirk4mvp
12-19-2008, 03:11 AM
You gotta teach those fuckers how to play bearhug defense.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/_photos/2006-06-07-avery.jpg

Rohirrim
12-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Hmmmm

It seems my time honored tradition of visiting arizonasportsfans after a playoff win to gloat is in jeopardy this year.

Xylus
12-19-2008, 03:12 AM
You gotta teach those fuckers how to play bearhug defense.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/_photos/2006-06-07-avery.jpg

One thing we did well was TRANZ-ISH-E-OWN DEE-FENSE.

angelbelow
12-19-2008, 03:20 AM
i lol'd. and not just now, when i was watching the game too.

mathbzh
12-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Who was "guarding" Roy in that game?

Danny.Zhu
12-19-2008, 05:55 AM
In the summer of 2006 I told a friend of mine from Arizona that Phx should sell high (the peak, actually) on Nash and trade him. He looked like he wanted to either kill me or put me in an asylum. Looking back, it's so obvious... but he still won't admit it; such is the love for Nash among Suns fans.

I said the same thing about Marion, but I think everybody knew that except Miami.

I think Phx can still get high price from Nicks at present.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Who was "guarding" Roy in that game?

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/2/E/6/e298/j350/PHP494B4320776E2.jpg

Barnes, look at how well he contests the shot.

tlongII
12-19-2008, 02:56 PM
dNy2ugleqes

Armando
12-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Miami was smart in trading for Marion. After this season he comes off the books. While PHX has Shaq I think for 2 more years.

Spur-Addict
12-19-2008, 08:19 PM
One thing we did well was TRANZ-ISH-E-OWN DEE-FENSE.

:lol

I miss Avery press conferences, just for the comedic results alone.