PDA

View Full Version : If the big 3 get this bailout, I have bought my last big 3 car.

cool hand
12-19-2008, 08:52 AM
You can take that to the bank.....I don't buy from beggers.

CubanMustGo
12-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Consider that it's really the Big 1 and the not-so-big 1 that are doing the bulk of the begging. Ford really is not (yet) on the 'throw me money NOW or we go under' bandwagon.

BacktoBasics
12-19-2008, 09:42 AM
You also might want to consider the fact that the big 3 is suffering from the banking collapse not entirely by their own hand.

Without the ability to lend what did you expect?

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2008, 09:44 AM
trading while ur insolvency.......hahahhahahahaa

i rather the bailout goes to the workers, pay out there salary and entitlements, then let teh car makers go broke ass.....

Wild Cobra
12-19-2008, 11:21 AM
If the big 3 get this bailout, I have bought my last big 3 car.
I've been considering the same thing, except narrow it to two. Ford is standing firm that they are OK.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Wow, they're really in trouble now!

balli
12-19-2008, 02:29 PM
My 2 cents, let GM fall and then make a concerted effort to get people buying American so as to allow Ford to take over that marketshare. I'm sure if GM went under Ford could absorb a lot of their workforce, etc. Not all of it or enough to fully subsidize the loss of GM by any means, but Ford's gains would help soften the blow of GM's collapse. Hell, I'd like to drive a nice ass Prius or Subura or something, but if it comes down to saving my country's basest survival interests and Ford can make a decent product, I'd buy one. And that's what needs to happen.

I cannot believe the self-righteousness of you people (Red-Blooded, conservative, "Real-Americans" none the less) who would threaten to not buy American because of this. You may not like it, nobody does, but this is the reality we got. And right now it is in you and your country's interest, probably more so than at any other time in your life, that you buy American cars. And you threaten not to, because YOUR republican president gave them a 17 billion dollar bailout (a drop in the bailout bucket BTW) in order that they could continue to employ and produce American workers and goods. So the question I'm left with is, WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

exstatic
12-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I was initially against an auto bailout, until I was informed that the failure of US car companies would lead to the failure of the parts companies that supply them, as well, totaling close to 2.5M jobs. The reason that Toyota and Honda don't want their competitors to fail is that they use many of the same parts suppliers, and it could seriously impact THEIR ability to build cars in the US.

doobs
12-19-2008, 05:08 PM
My 2 cents, let GM fall and then make a concerted effort to get people buying American so as to allow Ford to take over that marketshare. I'm sure if GM went under Ford could absorb a lot of their workforce, etc. Not all of it or enough to fully subsidize the loss of GM by any means, but Ford's gains would help soften the blow of GM's collapse. Hell, I'd like to drive a nice ass Prius or Subura or something, but if it comes down to saving my country's basest survival interests and Ford can make a decent product, I'd buy one. And that's what needs to happen.

I cannot believe the self-righteousness of you people (Red-Blooded, conservative, "Real-Americans" none the less) who would threaten to not buy American because of this. You may not like it, nobody does, but this is the reality we got. And right now it is in you and your country's interest, probably more so than at any other time in your life, that you buy American cars. And you threaten not to, because YOUR republican president gave them a 17 billion dollar bailout (a drop in the bailout bucket BTW) in order that they could continue to employ and produce American workers and goods. So the question I'm left with is, WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?

Dude, don't you think departing with "their" president over this issue just shows that they're principled conservatives? Just as they departed with him over immigration, and Medicare, and federal spending . . . I have a lot of respect for people who value principles over personality. I think you know what I mean.

Anyway, I probably won't ever buy an American car because American cars are pieces of shit. It's not something I'm proud of, but it also doesn't bother me. I'll buy whatever makes sense for me. That's capitalism. That's America. Or at least that's what America should be.

Clandestino
12-19-2008, 05:54 PM
the companies would not go out of business...just restructure and get rid of a bunch of lazy fucks collecting fat ass paychecks for screwing in a part or two. we don't need to produce cars in the u.s. if it is not cost efficient. actually, it is...otherwise, other car makers would not be making cars here... it is ONLY the u.s. makers who can't do it right.

Rohirrim
12-19-2008, 06:12 PM
GM could build magic carpets and still not make any profits because of their costs.

Yonivore
12-19-2008, 09:18 PM
You can take that to the bank.....I don't buy from beggers.
I don't know the '10 Ford Fusion hybrid (hitting the showroom on May '09) gets 52mpg and costs less than $25,000.

Ford turned down the handout, didn't they? From what I've read, they're banking on this car to turn it around for them.

Das Texan
12-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Ford just wants a line of credit just in case that they dont really intend to use unless things really get bad.

All 3 of these fucking idiotic companies are getting what they deserve. Ford just happened to see the light and start to turn things around when the credit markets werent fucked up the ass.

cool hand
12-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Nissan, Toyota, Honda and Subaru

even Hyundai, Mitsubishi and Kia are making better cars.

Rohirrim
12-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Eventually I would like to rebuild a Bronco, 03-06 Silverado Pre-Runner, and maybe even a SFA'd Duramax

The body styles were getting pretty soccer momish anyways...it's all good.

So I'll be buying "Big 3" for the rest of my life, just not this new garbage.

Das Texan
12-21-2008, 01:09 AM
Eventually I would like to rebuild a Bronco, 03-06 Silverado Pre-Runner, and maybe even a SFA'd Duramax

The body styles were getting pretty soccer momish anyways...it's all good.

So I'll be buying "Big 3" for the rest of my life, just not this new garbage.

what year bronco?

jack sommerset
12-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Car dealers are the scum of the earth.