PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of title series without traveling!!!

Rummpd
02-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Although sad about losing my Drexel connection in Malik, I am estatic about the plasubility now of a SA vs. Philly series and I will be one of the few here rooting for the Spurs!

Perhaps, not this year? However, who can deny as a possibility within the next 2-3 as 76ers young guns mature around CWebb and AI.

In typical Philly fashion this would probably be a tough 7 game series; and suddenly a certain 76er star PF forgets that he is out of timeouts = game and series over.

pooh
02-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't think this puts Philadelphia over the top so to speak, maybe next year though. It's still Miami and Detroit in the East.

ShoogarBear
02-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Agree than Miami and Detroit are still way out in front, but the East has certainly gotten a lot more interesting.

pooh
02-25-2005, 05:22 PM
the only dark horse in all of it would be Cleveland. as much as I would love to see Indy sneak in there, it won't happen as long as the Commish keeps Artest away.

1Parker1
02-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Rummpd, I think you are being a little homeristic. Webber will give Sixers a shot at the playoff's for the coming years--first or second round.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 06:13 PM
webber was a product of the kings system, he has no mobility any more and is pretty much finished. His last chance at a title was 2003 and he went out with what was a career ending injury. If he had taken last years off he might be a better player right now, but he didn't and he will never be a 20-10 guy in Philly.

johnny00
02-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I like the moves Philly has made. I see themm as a possible 4 or 5 when playoffs begin.

milkyway21
02-25-2005, 09:09 PM
philly is good. if Mashburn* is healthy they're a threat. hope they win tomorrow against Chris Webber's old team Sac. or is it tonight?

*source:ESPN
..A big reason we liked the Chris Webber trade for Philadelphia so much -- besides the idea that Allen Iverson might finally have a sidekick who can star at his side -- is because the Sixers didn't have to part with any of their studly youngsters or Big Dog's expiring contract to make this deal. That enabled the Sixers to send Robinson to New Orleans for another inactive former All-Star (Jamal Mashburn) ...