PDA

View Full Version : we ain't expectin Antoine "Shimmy" Walker, are we?

45 bank shot
12-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Just heard he got waived, don't tell me spurs waive Ahearn in order to acquire him.

Spork KIller
12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Don't be surprised if they get this scrub, your front office is the cheapest in the NBA

Dex
12-19-2008, 12:06 PM
The Spurs will bring back Kevin Willis before they sign the Shimmy.

DisAsTerBot
12-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Don't be surprised if they get this scrub, your front office is the cheapest in the NBA

you are an idiot

DROB4EVER
12-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Just what we need another soft three point chucker!

Spur-Addict
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Vetoed.

spursnatic
12-19-2008, 12:55 PM
It wouldn't be that bad of a pick up for the Spurs..Hell the guy is a proven scorer and that is what we need the most?..But I think to be able to get him we would have to cut someone..But he is a good player so let's go get him!!!...It would be a cheap pick-up also and he has averaged damn near 18 pts a game..So in this system he could average 10-15 so he could be what we need, shimmy and all!!Did anyone see our game against Orlando last night?...That's where his scoring would help us fill those voids, we could've surely used him last night.:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

ManuTastic
12-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry, he's the worst black hole in the league. I'd rather have Horry back, which is something I'd like less than a hole in the head. Pass.

honestfool84
12-19-2008, 01:02 PM

cheapest coincidently coincides with championships.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I doubt Walker has little, if anything, left...I would be against it.

SenorSpur
12-19-2008, 01:24 PM
I think not.

jrmp317
12-19-2008, 01:26 PM

the irony, hasn't Sarver's cheap ass cost the Suns Joe Johnson and Kurt Thomas?

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 01:27 PM

I doubt they miss Thomas at this point...

T Park
12-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Just what we need another soft three point chucker!

Who is the other soft 3 point chucker on the team?

T Park
12-19-2008, 01:29 PM

Shows how much you know about basketball.

honestfool84
12-19-2008, 01:33 PM

thomas was the only sun who had a shot at 'stopping' duncan, and by stopping i mean making duncan work for his 31ppg.

i think it's a safe bet to say they miss him.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Shows how much you know about basketball.

Your opinions are laughable, it's hard to take anything you say seriously...so I'll just nod my head and give the baby his bottle...

jrmp317
12-19-2008, 01:34 PM

most Suns fans were pissed that they allowed Thomas to go for nothing. He was a very good post defender for the Suns. :rolleyes

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 01:35 PM
thomas was the only sun who had a shot at 'stopping' duncan, and by stopping i mean making duncan work for his 31ppg.

i think it's a safe bet to say they miss him.

Do you really think Thomas would do a good job defending Duncan this year? His rotations have been slow and he does more fouling than defending in the post. He may have helped Phoenix last year but I really don't think he could have done any better than Shaq did in the playoffs.

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 01:37 PM
most Suns fans were pissed that they allowed Thomas to go for nothing. He was a very good post defender for the Suns. :rolleyes

Thomas in 2006-2007 form was solid, his 2 years since have not been all that impressive. What do you think the Suns would be willing to give up to have him back? Do you really believe he would be worth a first rounder with what he has showed this year? Honestly...

hater
12-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Who is the other soft 3 point chucker on the team?

all our players at SF and below

jrmp317
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Thomas in 2006-2007 form was solid, his 2 years since have not been all that impressive. What do you think the Suns would be willing to give up to have him back? Do you really believe he would be worth a first rounder with what he has showed this year? Honestly...

the point was Sarver has also been cheap. He didn't want to pay KT so he let him go for nothing. This move to you may not seem like a big deal, but it could be argued that KT being traded effectively killed the run and gun Suns. They had no low post defender to defend against TD, Bynum, Gasol, or Yao so Phoenix got desperate and traded for Shaq. This slows them down, the Spurs beat them and D'Antoni leaves for NY. The Suns are no longer that run and gun team they used to be, and some of it is because they didn't have a player like KT who allowed Phoenix to still run and gun yet deal with offensive post players.

angelbelow
12-19-2008, 02:37 PM

:rollin

mexicanjunior
12-19-2008, 02:57 PM
the point was Sarver has also been cheap. He didn't want to pay KT so he let him go for nothing. This move to you may not seem like a big deal, but it could be argued that KT being traded effectively killed the run and gun Suns. They had no low post defender to defend against TD, Bynum, Gasol, or Yao so Phoenix got desperate and traded for Shaq. This slows them down, the Spurs beat them and D'Antoni leaves for NY. The Suns are no longer that run and gun team they used to be, and some of it is because they didn't have a player like KT who allowed Phoenix to still run and gun yet deal with offensive post players.

My original point was they don't miss him NOW...it's hard to imagine you would think the Suns woes would be cured by keeping Marion (instead of Shaq) and having this version of Thomas still on their roster.

Big P
12-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Remember, we brought in Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson at the end of his career...3 pointers & rebouds...Walker is GRob Lite....I say trade Bonner while his stock is somewhat high in return for a young prospect, & bring in Walker if we need someone for that role...if not Gelabale would work...something...anything

baseline bum
12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Antoine Walker may be the worst NBA player of the last decade. He only won a title in 06 because Keith Van Horn was on the other side.

mrspurs
12-19-2008, 05:28 PM
He fits what Pop loves. Bigs who are small and shoot the 3 ball. Yeah he would have Matt sitting on the bench next to Fab and Kurt easily. hahahahaha The new Twin Towers........Timmy and Walker..........funny stuff.

Austin_Toros
12-19-2008, 08:52 PM

when we think that the spurs pursued vets like mike fin, vaughn, kurt thomas etc. its not impossible that they will not go for walker (remember they were interested in 34-or-so year old mcdyess recently!)

and dont forget that magnificent signing of glenn robinson! LOL

however, i would be totally against signing walker.

pawe
12-19-2008, 09:39 PM
No..please no. The problem with the Spurs is their overreliance on the three ball and he will just add to that problem. Besides, Walker is redundant since we have Bonner on board right now.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Antoine Walker is a team killer. He plays no defense. He is a black hole on offense, sucking up touches and shots. He kills teams.

I think the Spurs are smarter than to pick up Antoine Walker.

Blackjack
12-20-2008, 12:17 AM

How do you think Phoenix fans feel about seeing Rudy Fernandez in Portland?:lol (I can't remember if Rondo was the same circumstance, but talk about insult to injury.)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-20-2008, 12:23 AM

+ Iguodala, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriguez, Nate Robinson, and Tim Thomas. I think that covers it. Can I go puke now?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-20-2008, 12:27 AM

I was pissed at that, however, you guys are leaving out the fact Kerr also gave 2 first round pick with Thomas (2008 and 2010) because Sarver was in such a rush to not pay luxury tax. The 2008 pick was Serge Ibaka, an athletic freak from Congo who has talent comparable to that of Deng, and even worse the 2010 pick will in all likelihood be a top 10 pick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-20-2008, 12:34 AM
When KT was guarding TD, Suns were able to stay home on the shooters, Duncan still dropped 30 at a high percentage but had to work for it and he wasn't making any of his teammates better. Suns were 2-2 in the 2007 series when KT got >15 minutes. D'antoni immediately put the Suns in a hole when he decided to only use KT for 12 minutes in game 1 and give the Spurs home court advantage.

When people say "Duncan's stats were better when Thomas started so I don't get why people say his defense is so good," they don't know shit about basketball. Great offense beats great defense, there has yet to be a player who can prevent Duncan from scoring at will in the playoffs.

hillscountry
12-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Walker > bonner, give it a shot.

K-State Spur
12-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Walker > bonner, give it a shot.

Not remotely true.

Walker's smaller, gives less effort defensively, a worse rebounder, blocks even less shots than Matt, and a far worse shooter...although he makes up for it by chucking it up like he'll never see the ball again if he passes it.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2008, 05:57 PM
It's difficult to think of anyone who wasted more potential in the past few decades.

Probably too far gone to salvage.

pawe
12-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Not remotely true.

Walker's smaller, gives less effort defensively, a worse rebounder, blocks even less shots than Matt, and a far worse shooter...although he makes up for it by chucking it up like he'll never see the ball again if he passes it.

Still cant believe Walker was the face of the Celtics for a few years back.

Ronaldo McDonald
12-20-2008, 11:50 PM
I think walker's fat ass takes up two roster spots.