PDA

View Full Version : Special Pop Show -- The Malik Rose Trade 4:30pm

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Special Pop Show: The Malik Rose Trade
LAST UPDATE: 2/25/2005 3:40:58 PM
Posted By: CyberBob

Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich join Ticket 760’s David Chancellor for a bonus edition of the Pop Show dedicated to a discussion of the Malik Rose trade. Email your question to [email protected], then tune into The Ticket 760 AM today at 4:30pm. Make sure you include your name and where you're writing from. Davis Chancellor will pick some of your questions and relay them to Pop.

Just email [email protected] – and listen to the Ticket 760 - today at 4:30pm.

usckk
02-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Is there anyway I can listen live online?

ducks
02-25-2005, 05:04 PM
this could get ugly
WILL LJ CALL IN?

maxpower
02-25-2005, 05:22 PM
you can listen to it ..online ticket760.com

Jdspur20
02-25-2005, 05:25 PM
hey guys, whats the area code, and number for the ticket 760? i don't know it cuse im from the DFW.

texbumTHElife
02-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I sent in the following question:

Pop,

As the lines between coach as business man are blurred in times like this, how hard is it to draw the line between keeping a player that the entire city of San Antonio is so in love with and making the team better in the present and future?

Also I heard on the show earlier today all the fans leaving messages for Malik. I would like to hear your message for Malik Pop.

Sinceraly,
Dustin

willie
02-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Pop, how difficult is it to respond to these questions with Peter Holt's nuts on your chin?

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 05:34 PM
hey guys, whats the area code, and number for the ticket 760? i don't know it cuse im from the DFW.

(210) 736-9760

Jdspur20
02-25-2005, 05:42 PM
thanks Kori

Solid D
02-25-2005, 05:44 PM
If money was an issue, why the big contract?

Because that's what it took to sign him. Agents do what they can to get their clients the best money.

Compared long-term contracts with Manu and TP.
Nobody has a crystal ball and knows exactly how someone is going to perform.

If people and fans are upset, that's good. It's hard for RC and Pop too...it's harder for us. We've got a whole team of Maliks.

We felt we needed one more big body into the program for now and for the future. The are trying to improve the team. Even playing Houston with Yao Ming and Mutombo it helps to be bigger.

The players were sad and moping around when they came in today. They were hurt. We were sad too.

texbumTHElife
02-25-2005, 05:46 PM
If money was an issue, why the big contract?

Because that's what it took to sign him. Agents do what they can to get their clients the best money.

Compared long-term contracts with Manu and TP.
Nobody has a crystal ball and knows exactly how someone is going to perform.

If people and fans are upset, that's good. It's hard for RC and Pop too...it's harder for us. We've got a whole team of Maliks.

We felt we needed one more big body into the program for now and for the future. The are trying to improve the team. Even playing Houston with Yao Ming and Mutombo it helps to be bigger.

The players were sad and moping around when they came in today. They were hurt. We were sad too.

Solid D
02-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Regarding doghouse at times.

Family members argue sometimes. No one gets more grief than Tony Parker. There is nothing there regarding Pop's disagreements with Malik. The trade has nothing to do with that. They're just trying to improve the franchise.

If Rasho had been involved and was traded, we'd have been too small. People don't realize it but on our team, he is our best team defender positionally.

Solid D
02-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Question about Nazr.
We check people out about their character and work ethic. He checks out well.

He's another big body that can score on the block. Good hands..Can pass the ball. Knows what team basketball is all about. He played under Pitino at KY so he knows about hard work and what it means to play defense.

We are going to put the best players on the court who are competing and playing well.

Would the Spurs still have won in 2003 without Malik and Who's going to guard Shaq, now?

Pop doesn't know about 2003 but Malik didn't guard Shaq. Other than in the sense of that's what we had to do sometimes.

Pop is thrilled that the public is reacting this way. It shows what Malik is about. The players were depressed to see him go, too.

If the Spurs were to win the Ring this year...Malik would share in that.

MannyIsGod
02-25-2005, 06:03 PM
damn straight. He'd better get a godamn ring.

spurster
02-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Malik didn't guard Shaq? My recollection is that DRob got 24-30 minutes of guarding Shaq, and then it was a tag team of Malik, Willis, and TD.

Solid D
02-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Malik didn't guard Shaq? My recollection is that DRob got 24-30 minutes of guarding Shaq, and then it was a tag team of Malik, Willis, and TD.

True.

boutons
02-25-2005, 09:17 PM
"He'd better get a godamn ring."

Malik contributed more to a Spurs ring so far this year than did Mengke, who got a ring, in all of 02/03.