PDA

View Full Version : Celtics have no class

djohn2oo8
12-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Lately, Garnett has a knack for getting in peoples' face after hitting a shot. The league has done nothing about it, so as long as they don't, somebody is goin to respond with a punch to his jaw, which would make my day. :ihit

The Celtics also seem to play dirty as well, elbows to players back, and are nothing but thugs trying to pick a fight. And have the worst commentators of all time. I don't care how many games they win, no class
equals no respect. I guess two out of 3 Boston teams cheat: Celtics, Patriots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsuwXvKa7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKvYUpTLULs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKsS-3j9sfg&feature=related

Roxsfan
12-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Fuck the Celtics. I hate Garfuckingnett

Spur-Addict
12-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Does the end justify the means?

Thunder Dan
12-20-2008, 12:06 PM
notice how he tables those antics when he plays vs. the Cavs- Ben Wallace would punch him in the face

Jayem
12-20-2008, 12:22 PM
its called playing with swagger. youre at war on the court,fuck class.

LnGrrrR
12-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Lately, Garnett has a knack for getting in peoples' face after hitting a shot. The league has done nothing about it, so as long as they don't, somebody is goin to respond with a punch to his jaw, which would make my day. :ihit

The Celtics also seem to play dirty as well, elbows to players back, and are nothing but thugs trying to pick a fight. And have the worst commentators of all time. I don't care how many games they win, no class
equals no respect. I guess two out of 3 Boston teams cheat: Celtics, Patriots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsuwXvKa7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKvYUpTLULs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKsS-3j9sfg&feature=related

Uhm, we have four teams. The Boston Bruins. Also, if you want to count soccer, we have the Revolution... :p

JoeTait75
12-20-2008, 12:34 PM
notice how he tables those antics when he plays vs. the Cavs- Ben Wallace would punch him in the face

Yeah, when he plays the Cavaliers he settles for talking shit to the crowd at the Q. Garnett is a classic bully. No way he picks on anyone his own size.

But, he's the champion, and he can do what he wants until someone stops him on the court.

Jayem
12-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, when he plays the Cavaliers he settles for talking shit to the crowd at the Q. Garnett is a classic bully. No way he picks on anyone his own size.

But, he's the champion, and he can do what he wants until someone stops him on the court.he slapped tim one time and duncan didn't do a damn thing. man timmy is softer than baby shit

phyzik
12-20-2008, 01:30 PM
:lol Yeah, but Duncan wore KG's ass out on that court. The Spurs are tough, but they dont start fights and try to bully other players, or show guys up. The Lakers are just soft and run from fights. That pisses me off so bad that other teams push the Lakers around.

I wish the fans could just go on the court and fight each other. Laker fans would never lose a fucking match. Me and the drunk Mexicans from the 300 section would wreck havoc.

I think your underestimating the rowdies here in San Antonio. Just about every Cali transplant I've met freaks out. But we will never know cause it aint gonna happen so oh well :lol.

Biggems
12-20-2008, 01:56 PM
It's the NBA and they are paid to win games...if you dont like him getting in ur face, then lock him down or knock him out...

TheMACHINE
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
after watching those vids...i just realized how fuckign annoying Celtic commentators are. Talk about homerism.

Reck
12-20-2008, 04:30 PM
That is nothing new.

They have have playing dirty and Garnett has been doing his dumb shit for years now.

td4mvp21
12-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Eh, there are always players/teams that aren't exactly classy. The two things I can't stand about the Celtics are:

1. Garnett-this bitch thinks he owns the league after an overall shitty Finals performance in which Pierce stole the show and bailed his ass out?

2. They are allowed to get away with more than any other team in the league. I like physical basketball, the problem is, the Celtics are the only team in the league allowed to play that style!

samikeyp
12-20-2008, 04:36 PM
he slapped tim one time and duncan didn't do a damn thing. man timmy is softer than baby shit

He did one thing, won the game.

Gant
12-20-2008, 04:42 PM
So many hurt feelings. I had no idea people were so sensitive and feel terrible that the Celtics have upset anyone.

There's a fine line between winning and callously disregarding the delicate needs of basketball fans around the country. Fans' feelings must be taken into account!

I only hope the Celtics will take this seriously, become well mannered gentlemen, and be more tactful on their way to their 18th title.

balli
12-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Yet another in a series of entirely similar "Bash KG" threads.

td4mvp21
12-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Yet another in a series of entirely similar "Bash KG" threads.

I will always have something to say about that bitch :lol

Ronaldo McDonald
12-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Would love a Duncan vs. Garnett matchup in the finals. . . problem is Duncan has to go through significantly better teams to get there. Not to mention a way more brutal reg. season schedule.

Gant
12-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Would love a Duncan vs. Garnett matchup in the finals. . . problem is Duncan has to go through significantly better teams to get there. Not to mention a way more brutal reg. season schedule.

Only in the first round. The Cavs are the second best team in the league. As it stands now the East finals are the real Finals.

balli
12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Only in the first round. The Cavs are the second best team in the league. As it stands now the East finals are the real Finals.

Significant dropoff in the east outside of BOS/CLE

The West is still stacked. The Spurs or Lakers are going to have to scrap hard, no matter their opponents, all three Western Conference rounds. Utah, Denver, NO, HOU and POR aren't no bitches. In the east only two teams besides BOS/CLE stand out and those are Orlando and ATL, and really, neither is as good as most of those west teams. Everybody else in the east is shit as far as the playoffs are concerned.

12-20-2008, 05:07 PM
as long as they keep winning, it's hard not to be impressed. i find this argument similar to the complaint against the spurs that they're boring. as long as they keep winning, you can't fault the psychological games they play on court. now when a team like the wizards start trash talking like in last year's playoffs, it's another story.

Gant
12-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Significant dropoff in the east outside of BOS/CLE

The West is still stacked. The Spurs or Lakers are going to have to scrap hard, no matter their opponents, all three Western Conference rounds. Utah, Denver, NO, HOU and POR aren't no bitches. In the east only two teams besides BOS/CLE stand out and those are Orlando and ATL, and really, neither is as good as most of those west teams. Everybody else in the east is shit as far as the playoffs are concerned.

The 8th seed in the West would not be a challenge for Boston. They are 32-6 against the West since the beginning of last year. 12-1 against the Southwest Division.

(Don't knock the Hawks. Those guys are gooooood.)

baseline bum
12-20-2008, 05:23 PM
after watching those vids...i just realized how fuckign annoying Celtic commentators are. Talk about homerism.

I take it you never watched CBS in the 1980s. Every game was Heinsohn fellating Bird, McHale, and Parish.

balli
12-20-2008, 05:27 PM
On League Pass, I haven't watched more than two Celtics broadcasts in the past two seasons. My reasoning is based solely on not wanting to listen to Tommy Heinsohn. I'd love to watch the C's, but I can't. I fucking loathe Tommy too much.

(Don't knock the Hawks. Those guys are gooooood.)
I've seen near every Hawks game for the past half decade. They are good, but they're not as good or anywhere close to as deep as most of the good teams out west.

blink
12-20-2008, 05:33 PM
the end does justify the means. i dont agree or like what theyre doing but if they can get away with it, you shouldnt be mad at the C's, be mad at the refs/stern.

Gant
12-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Refs: The Celtics lead the league by far in technicals. The refs are hurting the Celtics not helping them.

Stern: He didn't even give the Celtics cap relief when a player DIED. Stern has hurt the Celtics not helped them.

Tommy: He was a great player, a brilliant coach, and is a beloved broadcaster for his audience. Please understand: If you are watching the games in another region of the country the broadcast isn't meant for you. You are eavesdropping.

We love Tommy. You don't like him? We don't care.

balli
12-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Tommy: He was a great player, a brilliant coach, and is a beloved broadcaster for his audience. Please understand: If you are watching the games in another region of the country the broadcast isn't meant for you. You are eavesdropping.

We love Tommy. You don't like him? We don't care.

I loved Hot Rod Hundley, a legendary broadcaster in his own right, but when it became apparent that his old drunken ass was no longer capable of doing his job, I was fine with the Jazz demoting him off of TV. I understand the C's want their tradition, but the man is an absolutely unwatchable, unprofessional, washed-up, embarrassment.

And once I pay my $180.00 for LP I don't consider myself eavesdropping. The Celtics are a part of THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION and if the team isn't going to do something about their train-wreck of an announcer the National Basketball Association, should.

Gant
12-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I loved Hot Rod Hundley, a legendary broadcaster in his own right, but when it became apparent that his old drunken ass was no longer capable of doing his job, I was fine with the Jazz demoting him off of TV. I understand the C's want their tradition, but the man is an absolutely unwatchable, unprofessional, washed-up, embarrassment.

And once I pay my $180.00 for LP I don't consider myself eavesdropping. The Celtics are a part of THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION and if the team isn't going to do something about their train-wreck of an announcer the National Basketball Association, should.

Then you're paying $180 to eavesdrop. Tommy's a regional treasure. He stays.

Reck
12-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Gant you are retarded.

You're acting like Boston is on Mount Olympus or heaven or some shit. Get off your high horse, you dumbass.

bostonguy
12-20-2008, 06:26 PM
he slapped tim one time and duncan didn't do a damn thing. man timmy is softer than baby shit

Um Timmy didnt have to respond by hitting back. If anything KG did duncan a favor which was a big mistake on his part. Duncan abused him with his game which is the best way to respond while on a basketball court. A pissed off Duncan isnt a good thing for the opposition.

bostonguy
12-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Eh, there are always players/teams that aren't exactly classy. The two things I can't stand about the Celtics are:

1. Garnett-this bitch thinks he owns the league after an overall shitty Finals performance in which Pierce stole the show and bailed his ass out?

2. They are allowed to get away with more than any other team in the league. I like physical basketball, the problem is, the Celtics are the only team in the league allowed to play that style!

Amen to both of them.
I wish the league would allow more physical play but these stupid ass rules dont allow it. If we are allowed to be physical, other teams should be too.

Gant
12-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Gant you are retarded.

You're acting like Boston is on Mount Olympus or heaven or some shit. Get off your high horse, you dumbass.

Thank you Shadowflames. The Celtics are not on Mount Olympus or heaven, they are merely 17 time champions.

Your dissatisfaction is noted. I beg your pardon and profusely apologize. I will try to be more delicate in the future so as not to offend you. I will strive towards greater sensitivity to cushion you from further emotional bruising.
I do not want you to risk irrepairable damage.

Obstructed_View
12-21-2008, 03:32 AM

God damn, dude. First you steal my avatar and now you're using a sig I made? At least neither of them is remotely timely anymore.

Spur-Addict
12-21-2008, 10:59 AM
God damn, dude. First you steal my avatar and now you're using a sig I made? At least neither of them is remotely timely anymore.

Just a little swagger jacking, it's a compliment if anything.

Obstructed_View
12-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Just a little swagger jacking, it's a compliment if anything.

If he didn't say such stupid stuff...

Indazone
12-21-2008, 11:41 AM

Garnett is Duncan's bitch.

"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."
-Ron Artest

dirk4mvp
12-21-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't recall every reading a rule where you have to show class.

Darrin
12-21-2008, 03:11 PM
What the Celtics are doing right now is fun for me. I think the performances I have seen have been great basketball. I don't see a lack of sportsmanship.

TheMadHatter
12-21-2008, 04:00 PM
The Celtics won the majority of their titles back in the 50's and 60's when there was no salary cap. It was a very different league back then with far less competition between teams.

In the modern NBA era they have 6 titles, 3 in the 80's, 2 in the 70's, and one in 2008.

1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969,

1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

The Lakers have 9.

A mind-numbing 5 titles in the 80's and 3 from 2000-2003. They have been IN the Finals a stunning 29 times. They have simply never fallen off the radar like the Celtics did from 1986-2007. That's a stunning 21 YEARS without returning back to the Finals. Absolutely pathetic for the supposed most "historic" franchise in the league to not even get close to the Finals for OVER TWO DECADES.

It would never happen to the Lakers. They have consistently stayed good throughout the years due to great ownership and quality GMs.

Darrin
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
The Celtics won the majority of their titles back in the 50's and 60's when there was no salary cap. It was a very different league back then with far less competition between teams.

In the modern NBA era they have 6 titles, 3 in the 80's, 2 in the 70's, and one in 2008.

1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969,

1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

The Lakers have 9.

A mind-numbing 5 titles in the 80's and 3 from 2000-2003. They have been IN the Finals a stunning 29 times. They have simply never fallen off the radar like the Celtics did from 1986-2007. That's a stunning 21 YEARS without returning back to the Finals. Absolutely pathetic for the supposed most "historic" franchise in the league to not even get close to the Finals for OVER TWO DECADES.

It would never happen to the Lakers. They have consistently stayed good throughout the years due to great ownership and quality GMs.

Come on, this is the first big team of this sport. Red Auerbach was a walking testament of the league as it was in its early days. They won all those titles after the merger. Are you telling me you wanted to see them with 27 championships instead of 17?

Don't get me wrong--the Lakers are perennially the best of the west. But the Celtics are the more historically the best team basketball has seen.

Obstructed_View
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
The Celtics used to just buy up all the talent away from the other teams. Not that hard to win titles when you're playing against the JV for fifteen straight years.

Darrin
12-22-2008, 10:46 AM
The Celtics used to just buy up all the talent away from the other teams. Not that hard to win titles when you're playing against the JV for fifteen straight years.

This wasn't a marketing ploy; are they New York? People wanted to play in a cold-weather city because they had money from all those championships. If they didn't first win one, and didn't have great scouts, they wouldn't have continued to win.

There were questions around Havelicek and Russell and Red got lucky.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
:lol Yeah, but Duncan wore KG's ass out on that court. The Spurs are tough, but they dont start fights and try to bully other players, or show guys up. The Lakers are just soft and run from fights. That pisses me off so bad that other teams push the Lakers around.

I wish the fans could just go on the court and fight each other. Laker fans would never lose a fucking match. Me and the drunk Mexicans from the 300 section would wreck havoc.

Not a chance lol, me and the 70 year old white bitches from Phoenix's 100 section would own you guys. I know they might never cheer at games and create the infamous home court disadvantage, but they're crazy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 11:08 AM
KG does this shit to get in people's heads. I don't think he would try it on Duncan again because he's learned 100 professional hypnotists wouldn't be able to get in Duncan's head.

Larry Bird, Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan were all famous for trash talk and they would trash talk anyone they thought would try too hard to respond to it, KG does the same thing. Gasol and Odom are both mentally fragile players so KG did it to them in the finals, and it worked. It helps his team win because it keeps him intense and it fucks with a lot of players.

He doesn't do it against Cleveland because he knows LeBron is not one to respond to trash talk with poor play. Anyone who thinks KG is the only trash talker in the NBA needs to pay a little more attention he's just the only guy who doesn't make it a secret he talks trash.

Tmac&Luther
12-22-2008, 11:23 AM

:rolleyes There's a difference between playing with swagger and being a asshole. Jordan had swagger, Kobe has swagger, what KG is doing isn't "swagger", it's being the biggest asshole in sports.

I used to root for K.G. and he was one of my favorite players......I always hoped he would get the chance to win a ring, but if I knew his fucking head was going to explode when he got his ring I wouldn't of wanted him to get one. K.G. is nothing but a giant pussy who chases around PG's. He's just a mangina who talks crap to little guys, because he knows big men would punk his ass.........that's not "playing with swagger". It's fake toughness, that's all K.G. is.......fake toughness.

Tmac&Luther
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Anyone who thinks KG is the only trash talker in the NBA needs to pay a little more attention he's just the only guy who doesn't make it a secret he talks trash.

funny, he wasn't chasing around guards in Minny. He really wasn't doing this last year.......it's not "trash talking". It's a prime example of somebody who can't handle success with any humility. K.G.'s head is now too big to fit in the arena that he plays in.

TheMACHINE
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
:rolleyes There's a difference between playing with swagger and being a asshole. Jordan had swagger, Kobe has swagger, what KG is doing isn't "swagger", it's being the biggest asshole in sports.

I used to root for K.G. and he was one of my favorite players......I always hoped he would get the chance to win a ring, but if I knew his fucking head was going to explode when he got his ring I wouldn't of wanted him to get one. K.G. is nothing but a giant pussy who chases around PG's. He's just a mangina who talks crap to little guys, because he knows big men would punk his ass.........that's not "playing with swagger". It's fake toughness, that's all K.G. is.......fake toughness.

hater
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't recall every reading a rule where you have to show class.

doesn't surprise me coming from a mav fan

hater
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't have a problem with Celtics tough D at all. I also don't see them playing dirty.

I do think KG is a nutjob and if not for basketball, would live in a straightjacket and padded room

manufor3
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
i hate garnett

dirk4mvp
12-22-2008, 10:25 PM
doesn't surprise me coming from a mav fan

Bruce Bowen is the most classless faggot in the NBA. He plays for the Spurs.

50 cent
12-29-2008, 01:10 PM
KG is a fucking clown.

TDMVPDPOY
12-29-2008, 01:31 PM
im telling yah winning one championship has made them overrated

all of a sudden ppl think PP is on KOBEs lvl in terms of awards and accomplishments, even if his 2nd fiddle on those lakers 3peat runs.....

then you have KG with a ring and dpoy, all of a sudden his on equal grounds with duncan.....

kg fled to the pathetic east, same with ray allen, i wanna see them play in the west playoffs