PDA

View Full Version : Mavs have no self-respect

monosylab1k
12-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Last night was more than just another game, and everybody in the Mavs organization knew it.

Last night wasn't even about winning. It was about showing some self-respect and making some sort of a statement, and showing that you will draw a line in the sand and say "You can do alot of crap to us, but you WILL NOT do this."

Last night was about shutting down Devin Harris. It was about triple teaming, quadruple teaming him, doing whatever you had to, flagrant fouling the fuck out of him, anything at all, do WHATEVER IT TOOK to make sure he had a terrible night.

But the Mavs don't even respect themselves enough to make a statement in a game that was more than just a game. They just let Devin blow a wad all over their face the same way they let Chris Paul, David West, Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Shaq, and Dwyane Wade.

Last night had to be the most embarrassingly pathetic effort the Mavs have given since the mid 90's.

This team is so soft mentally it makes me want to fucking puke. Why should we as fans root for and respect players who don't even respect themselves?

mattb_25
12-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Well atleast I get to root for the Thunder now, they seem pretty exciting to watch.. Much more than the Mavs.....

Rohirrim
12-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Texas teams need to snap outta this funk.

baseline bum
12-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Who do you want to guard Harris? Kidd hasn't been able to stay in front of quick PGs since the '03 Finals when the Nets had to switch Kerry Kittles onto Parker.

monosylab1k
12-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Who do you want to guard Harris? Kidd hasn't been able to stay in front of quick PGs since the '03 Finals when the Nets had to switch Kerry Kittles onto Parker.

Double team him. Triple team him. Quintuple team him if you have to. That game wasn't about winning or losing, it was making a statement that you aren't gonna let Devin Harris take a shit all over you.

I so wanted for Dirk or Damp to flagrant the fuck out of Devin the first time he went to the hole. Just to send a message. To show a little self respect. Unfortunately the Mavericks are a team of pussies.

Ghazi
12-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I somewhat agree Mono

If we were gonna lose, we should've lost gracefully... not by fucking 24 with Devin Harris going ape shit. That's an embarassment for the franchise, and makes the trade look horrible (Kidd had a good game though).

Now, I don't know about flagrant fouling, but ugh... the effort just wasn't there, IMO this should've been a playoff intensity game.

It happens though my friend. the Nets were absurdly hot from behind the arc, Dirk was cold... blown layups and turnovers resulted in transition triples... so I'm not gonna make judgments about the mentality of the team basedon yesterday's game.

We need a trade though, or two.

Findog
12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Mono is right that this was about pride. This was not just another regular season game against a shit Eastern team you see twice a year.

Juanobili
12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
The Mavs suck though

BlackSwordsMan
12-20-2008, 07:52 PM
why do players that leave the mavs get better?

Ghazi
12-20-2008, 07:57 PM
One curiosity though, we did play teh nets last year after the trade and did beat them.

What if we beat them in the rematch this year? 2/3 ain't bad :)

Anywho, I'm officially on the bandwagon of trading our beloved J-Ho.

A lot of hypotheticals people propose on here I've dubbed "lateral" before... but you know what, be that as it may, give me a good player that wants to win over a good player that doesn't give a shit. That alone makes it impossible for the move to be completely lateral.

Gerald Wallace for J-HO? SImilar players, may not make us much better, but I wouldn't mind it. Fresh blood, and hunger!

However, I wouldn't wanna give J-Ho away for nuffin!

SpursDynasty
12-20-2008, 08:43 PM
No need for anyone to be upset over the Mavs losing. The Nets were pretty much expected to win that game and they did. No big surprises.

confined
12-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Double team him. Triple team him. Quintuple team him if you have to. That game wasn't about winning or losing, it was making a statement that you aren't gonna let Devin Harris take a shit all over you.

I so wanted for Dirk or Damp to flagrant the fuck out of Devin the first time he went to the hole. Just to send a message. To show a little self respect. Unfortunately the Mavericks are a team of pussies.

Yeah i agree with the flagrant foul idea.
J-rich blocks the shit out of Devin in the warriors series and he's never heard from again...

but on a different note the nets were unconscious from deep, there's no way we were winning that game when they were shooting THAT good. Plus 90% of our offense was jump shots again...

pawe
12-20-2008, 11:55 PM
I feel your pain mavfans...its like the time when Beno dropped a shitload of points against the Spurs after they gave him away to Sacto. Let the other players beat you, not the player you traded away.

Brickhouse
12-21-2008, 12:06 AM
One curiosity though, we did play teh nets last year after the trade and did beat them.

What if we beat them in the rematch this year? 2/3 ain't bad :)

Anywho, I'm officially on the bandwagon of trading our beloved J-Ho.

A lot of hypotheticals people propose on here I've dubbed "lateral" before... but you know what, be that as it may, give me a good player that wants to win over a good player that doesn't give a shit. That alone makes it impossible for the move to be completely lateral.

Gerald Wallace for J-HO? SImilar players, may not make us much better, but I wouldn't mind it. Fresh blood, and hunger!

However, I wouldn't wanna give J-Ho away for nuffin!

What is with you and the word "beloved"

"Beloved Erica"
"Beloved JHo"
"Beloved Devean"

No they are not beloved.

And Mavfans should know by now how soft this team is.

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm kinda pissed at J-Ho for those missed free throws in 2006.

And the whole 29% v the HOrnets thing.

And the whole quitting on the team thing.

QUITTER

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 01:29 AM
So he is not beloved, but our beloved Kidd, Dirk, and Terry are.

Xylus
12-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Last night was more than just another game, and everybody in the Mavs organization knew it.

Last night wasn't even about winning. It was about showing some self-respect and making some sort of a statement, and showing that you will draw a line in the sand and say "You can do alot of crap to us, but you WILL NOT do this."

Last night was about shutting down Devin Harris. It was about triple teaming, quadruple teaming him, doing whatever you had to, flagrant fouling the fuck out of him, anything at all, do WHATEVER IT TOOK to make sure he had a terrible night.

But the Mavs don't even respect themselves enough to make a statement in a game that was more than just a game. They just let Devin blow a wad all over their face the same way they let Chris Paul, David West, Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, Shaq, and Dwyane Wade.

Last night had to be the most embarrassingly pathetic effort the Mavs have given since the mid 90's.

This team is so soft mentally it makes me want to fucking puke. Why should we as fans root for and respect players who don't even respect themselves?

This reminds me a lot of the Suns-Knicks game a little over a week ago. Losing to D'Antoni's new team would have been tangible validation for many people that letting him go was a mistake. Luckily for us, the Suns won and we didn't have to face the inevitable "D'Antoni rules, Porter sucks" barrage from fans and the media.