PDA

View Full Version : sooooo, pego got a pi last night

thispego
12-20-2008, 04:57 PM
It's a boring and unfunny story so i wont waste your time with all the details... I was leaving a bar last night and walking with a group of 4 others WALKING to a friends house party 4 blocks away. We got to the main road and everyone yielded to the do not walk sign. Dumbass me, though, i bolt across. When I get to the other side a cop is sitting there and yells at me to come over. I had only had 5 or 6 beers at this point starting at 5:30, it is now about 9:30. Cop gets my id tells me to sit on the front of his car. Another cop shows up and we start having a cordial conversation; where are you going? what are you doing? etc... Original cop comes up and asks how many ive had, I tell him. Then he sees me looking for my credit card, he says "What are you looking for???!" I said " oh just my card, make sure i didnt leave it at the bar." "Hah! Wha! you dont remember giving me your id just now?? You just gave it to me!". "UHhh no, my credit car..." (Cuts me off)"You must be alot more drunk than you're letting on."

So the guy continues checking my shit, I figure, worst case scenario, Jaywalking ticket. He walks up to me and asks where I'm going, I tell him and he asks if I plan on continuing to drink. I said yes. He slaps the cuffs on me and says he's taking me in. I was dumbfounded, I was thinking suuuuurrreely we'll get to the station and they'll release me. I didnt do anything besides jaywalk and they dont take you in over that. I dont say anything to the cop on the drive other than "what is your name" and "you should have just given me a jaywalking ticket, I am not intoxicated" to which he replies "Oh i'm gonna give you that too!" (fucking asshole).

So we get there, i'm booked and 4 hours later i go see the judge. He tells me im in because of an unpaid speeding ticket from 2 years ago that I thought had been thrown out. HE says "tell you what, christmas spirit and all, we'll consider time served tonight and wipe this from the record if you plead no contest to this charge. "No contest!" I was like sweet!, a-hole cop lied to me and brought me in on a warrant, fuckin liar. But this is good, I'll be out of here in an hour and a half having lost out on only a few hours of my life. 3 hours later they FINALLY call my name. No not to leave, but to go back to see the judge. Nooowwwww he wants to tell me about my jaywalking and pi tickets. He asks me how I plead. I say " 100% guilty on jaywalking, I definitely broke the law on that." "and the PI?" "100000000% not guilty at all. I'd like a trial by judge and hopefully your officer is truthful when we meet in court." Judge says ok, your officer is going to argue that a) he smelled alcohol on your breath (no fucking shit, I had been drinking and was WALKING to my destination. I had admitted to drinking.) b) that you were stumbling in front of his police vehicle (bull fucking shit). c) that your eyes were bloodshot (very doubtful. I wasnt high and I was only 5 beers deep before 10 oclock. And d.) that you were looking for your id after you had given it to the officer. (:rolleyes).

So... no sobriety tests of any kind, no miranda rights read, friends and possibly another officer than can corroborate my side of the story.

Anyone have advice on how I can get out of this? What I can do during my hearing? How I can collect evidence on my behalf? Appreciate all suggestions except for sarcastic ones.

Thanks brahs.

DannyT
12-20-2008, 05:02 PM
you shoulda pulled your cock out and pissed on is outdated white with blue stripes patrol car and told him that youre not drunk just retarded

Heath Ledger
12-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Hire a hitman to take out the asshole cop before your court date. Case closed sir.

thispego
12-20-2008, 05:14 PM
moving on...

thispego
12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Hire a hitman to take out the asshole cop before your court date. Case closed sir.

really tho, if the cop dies between now and then I would be happy

balli
12-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I'd hire a really expensive lawyer who will negotiate a back-room deal with the assistant DA prosecuting your case. In my experience it's easier on the mind to pay a lawyer, as opposed to a court sanctioned fine.

But fuck these assholes for putting you in this god-awful and undeserved situation in the first place. I hope that self-righteous prick of a cop gets clipped.

thispego
12-20-2008, 05:17 PM
no way i can drop 1000 bones on a lawyer. i gotta be on my own on this one

balli
12-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Then as a two time prisoner of the law my 2 cents would be to roll the dice and be brutally fucking honest about what you think of the cop in general and PI charge you received. If your character and intellect shines and if you get a good judge he/she might be inclined to believe you. Then again a bad judge might take your backbone and honesty as an insult to The State's Authori-tie. Tough call. If you do represent yourself, I'd say it's worth not giving a fucking inch. Stand your ground and stick to your beliefs.

goliath
12-20-2008, 05:34 PM
If you go to trial, theres probably at least a 50% chance the cop doesnt even show up. Tickets are just at municipal court and are small time stuff. Cops hate going down there on their time off for a Class C violation.

Also, tell the Judge that you admitted to what you did (the jaywalking). Theres a good chance, he will figure that if you were only being an a-hole in going to trial, you would have fought all of it and not plead guilty to the jaywalking.

Plus the punishment, probalby wont be all that different than if you plead out to it. The only real downside for you probably will be the time it will take to go down there 3-4 times before you get your trial.

thispego
12-20-2008, 05:44 PM
good advice guys. I just have to make sure im prepared for anything they could throw at me. If there was a dash cam, which i hope there was, should I ask for access to the video? Do i need to "subpoena" my friends and the other officer that was there? Shoulkd I make a big deal about the current work I do with at-risk travis county youth? Tell the judge about my near-future plans of joining the peace corps and how this charge could affect my cadidacy?

dimsah
12-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Serious question. If you weren't drunk and you were only a few blocks away from this party, why didn't you just fucking run? Fuck that cop. I doubt he would've even chased you.

thispego
12-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Serious question. If you weren't drunk and you were only a few blocks away from this party, why didn't you just fucking run? Fuck that cop. I doubt he would've even chased you.

didnt know where the party was and felt like i was innocent and wouldn't get in any kind of trouble. hindsight, yes, i should have just ran away

dimsah
12-20-2008, 07:00 PM
didnt know where the party was and felt like i was innocent and wouldn't get in any kind of trouble. hindsight, yes, i should have just ran away

Well, best of luck. At least you have some people to backup your story so it's not just your word against his.

whottt
12-20-2008, 07:04 PM
thispego, I don't know if I ever told you this, but I worked for an attorney for several years and one thing I learned in that time, never try to fight a DUI, DWI, PI or Domestic assault charge without an attorney. You shouldn't even try to do it with only a court appointed attorney...at least not if you want to win the case. I've seen plenty of people that were actually 100% innocent lose cases when they tried to fight it themselves or go with a court appointed attorney.

Pretty sure this charge is only a misdemeanor and while I'm not going to claim I know the law, I believe he might be able to use the Jaywalking as evidence you were intoxicated. And he's got a witness too....a cop. Since you already plead guilty to the Jaywalking, the cop doesn't need a witness to corrborate that.

If you are fighting this on principle, well does that principle include winning? Because you are unlikely to do so without an attorney, or even with a court appointed one.

If you aren't worried about it then I wouldn't bother fighting it without an attorney as it will just waste your time. I think you'll get @ $500 dollar fine at worst and a Class C misdemeanor(which isn't shit in the grand scheme of things).

I'll be real surprised if this keeps you out of the Peace Corps as well. A Class C isn't shit and there are probably a lot of college students with PI's in the Peace Corps.

But I'm not an attorney so take all this with a grain of salt...

My advice:

1. If you truly want to win, you need hire an attorney. And I say that as someone who pretty much hates attorneys.

2. You are going to most likely wind up $500 poorer out of this...no matter which way you go. Just sayin'. I think the way you are electing to go you are likely to wind up $500 dollars poorer and with a Class C misdemeanor on your record.

whottt
12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
If you do fight this yourself and win...let me know when you do it, I never known anyone that was successful at this before. I've seen completely innocent dudes lose cases without an attorney, and I've seen completely guilty ones win cases with an attorney...

I'll never forget the time this guy I worked for represented a cop that got busted for a DWI....

The guy was on tape, admitting he was drunk, and pleading with the cop not to give him DWI because it could cost him his career, it was on tape...

The guy I work for won the case for him....jury trials can do amazing things.

Rohirrim
12-20-2008, 07:10 PM
http://images.art.com/images/-/Joe-Pesci---My-Cousin-Vinny--C10038635.jpeg

balli
12-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Did your previous appearance before the judge, that night you were arrested, count as your pre-trial, or will you have another pre-trial opportunity with the new court, before the real thing goes down?

thispego
12-20-2008, 07:32 PM
thispego, I don't know if I ever told you this, but I worked for an attorney for several years and one thing I learned in that time, never try to fight a DUI, DWI, PI or Domestic assault charge without an attorney. You shouldn't even try to do it with only a court appointed attorney...at least not if you want to win the case. I've seen plenty of people that were actually 100% innocent lose cases when they tried to fight it themselves or go with a court appointed attorney.

Pretty sure this charge is only a misdemeanor and while I'm not going to claim I know the law, I believe he might be able to use the Jaywalking as evidence you were intoxicated. And he's got a witness too....a cop. Since you already plead guilty to the Jaywalking, the cop doesn't need a witness to corrborate that.

If you are fighting this on principle, well does that principle include winning? Because you are unlikely to do so without an attorney, or even with a court appointed one.

If you aren't worried about it then I wouldn't bother fighting it without an attorney as it will just waste your time. I think you'll get @ $500 dollar fine at worst and a Class C misdemeanor(which isn't shit in the grand scheme of things).

I'll be real surprised if this keeps you out of the Peace Corps as well. A Class C isn't shit and there are probably a lot of college students with PI's in the Peace Corps.

But I'm not an attorney so take all this with a grain of salt...

My advice:

1. If you truly want to win, you need hire an attorney. And I say that as someone who pretty much hates attorneys.

2. You are going to most likely wind up $500 poorer out of this...no matter which way you go. Just sayin'. I think the way you are electing to go you are likely to wind up $500 dollars poorer and with a Class C misdemeanor on your record.

I'll consider getting an attorney but I felt like it was a mistake last time I hired an attorney. I felt like he didnt get me any better of a deal than I could have gotten on my own. I feel like a could represent myself and do it competently enough where my chances would be 50/50. I feel like it will come down to the judge I get and if they feel like being a douche or a nice guy on that day. Honestly, I agree with you that this may not be the best course of action to take if I want to win but I really can't afford to hire an attorney. I have to take the chance of winning it on my own and if I lose, well thats just the way things were meant to be.

this shit really sucks

thispego
12-20-2008, 07:33 PM
and I hope you're right about this not affecting my PC candidacy

thispego
12-20-2008, 07:33 PM

lol, saw this movie for the first time the other day. wish i had a cousin vinny

thispego
12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Did your previous appearance before the judge, that night you were arrested, count as your pre-trial, or will you have another pre-trial opportunity with the new court, before the real thing goes down?
think i'll have another pre-trial opportunity

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2008, 07:42 PM
i recommend you criple walk in and out of the courtroom....credibility brother....

whottt
12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
I'll consider getting an attorney but I felt like it was a mistake last time I hired an attorney. I felt like he didnt get me any better of a deal than I could have gotten on my own.

I'll bet..

I feel like a could represent myself and do it competently enough where my chances would be 50/50. I feel like it will come down to the judge I get and if they feel like being a douche or a nice guy on that day. Honestly, I agree with you that this may not be the best course of action to take if I want to win but I really can't afford to hire an attorney. I have to take the chance of winning it on my own and if I lose, well thats just the way things were meant to be.

this shit really sucks

It's all about the $$$. The system with DUI, PI, DWI, and Domestic assault is pretty much geared to where you have to have an attorney to win....especially domestic assault.

I met a bunch of people that got into a fight with their spouse and one or the other called the police and said they were assaulted, and then the spouse wanted to drop the charges once the cops got there...

Uh-uh...if the cops got called someone was getting arrested and the arrested person was going to be prosectuted...even if the caller then claimed no assault happened(which they almost always tried to do once they realized their husband/wife boyfriend/girlfriend was going to get arrested).

A lot of times these guys balked at the agreement their other half signed with the attorney I worked for to represent them in court as part of the bail agreement(frequently they balked at this with an attempt to kick my ass)...and they'd elect to fight the charges themselves thinking it would be an easy win since their partner would be there to claim that no assault actually occurred...

Should be an easy win right?

Uh-uh...I probably saw about 50 people attempt this...and not one time that I know of did they win the case...not even with a court appointed attorney, and they usually wound up with a felony assault charge on their record and spending a couple of months in the County Jail.

It's really not about innocent or guilty most of the time...it's about the lawyer you hire. At least that was my experience. The judges and the attorneys work together to ensure this system.

Even the public defender system is pretty much corrupt...those guys are worthless 99% of the time, even though they are usually successful when they are hired.

After all...private citizens don't make the campaign contributions or cast the votes in judicial elections...attorneys do.

whottt
12-20-2008, 07:58 PM
and I hope you're right about this not affecting my PC candidacy

I am about 99% certain that PI is Class C at worst...and they usually only ask about felonies on any sort of employment application.

I don't see you getting any jail time out of this since you arleady spent time in jail...unless you refuse to pay the likely fine.

It's possible they will count your fine as time served, although since you already said they counted that towards the speeding ticket and or the Jaywalking it's doubtful...

As for about how that judge will feel on that particular day...that judge will probably know and might even be friends with that prosecutor, they work in the same industry...you're just some guy he/she will never see again. I wouldn't count on them feeling too friendly towards you...

Best case scenario IMO for you without an attorney is that you lose the case and don't get a fine...and I will be genuinely surprised if that happens.

thispego
12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
yeah, pi is a a Class C misdemeaner. Not a big deal but it still has such a negative connotation. no matter tha circumstances surrounding the incident, Public Intoxication just sounds horrible.

whottt
12-20-2008, 08:29 PM
yeah, pi is a a Class C misdemeaner. Not a big deal but it still has such a negative connotation. no matter tha circumstances surrounding the incident, Public Intoxication just sounds horrible.

It does...but you'd be surprised how many people have Class C's on their record...that's why it's not usually a big deal on a job application or a background check. My experience with the Peace Corps is limited to my ex-wife joining them after we got divorvced...based on the stories she told me, the Peace Corps aren't exactly selective about keeping people with an extensive history of partying out of their ranks. In fact people do a lot worse than PI while in the the Peace Corps. :lol

whottt
12-20-2008, 08:45 PM
One thing pego...never be a smart ass or try to show up a cop in any way...they can arrest you for any thing at any time. They can arrest you for not using your blinker...they can arrest you for crossing that white stop line at an intersection.

I'm not saying that's what you did...in fact from meeting you I'd be real surprised if that's what you did...but still, any sort of questioning or arguing with them is a losing battle...especially in public...and really especially if it's a young cop.

They can arrest you are any time for a thing called POPO...otherwise known as pissing off a police officer.

Best just to smile and make a joke...you'd be amazed what you can get out of with that simple strategy. Although APD are the biggest assholes of them all...they're the ones that give other cops speeding tickets and stuff like that.

chode_regulator
12-20-2008, 09:19 PM
dude first off, you know youre my boy, but i laughed my ass off after reading this. i mean seriously, only you could this happen to.

i was thinking more along the lines of http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000F48D0U.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V55140312_.jpg

man just get a lawyer and pay to have it off your record or take your chances to save some dough and maybe win out. i would def try to get that damn camera footage, but hwo long do they keep that shit for? also would that more likely bring the cop in? one thing to consider if you try to use who you were with for witnesses, they could just as easily smear their credibility bc yall were at a bar and drinking.

good luck brah.

thispego
12-20-2008, 10:27 PM
dude first off, you know youre my boy, but i laughed my ass off after reading this. i mean seriously, only you could this happen to.

man just get a lawyer and pay to have it off your record or take your chances to save some dough and maybe win out. i would def try to get that damn camera footage, but hwo long do they keep that shit for? also would that more likely bring the cop in? one thing to consider if you try to use who you were with for witnesses, they could just as easily smear their credibility bc yall were at a bar and drinking.

good luck brah.

no shit, right?

yeah hopefully they hang on to that shit, i need to check first thing tomorrow if I can have access to it. Hopefully the cop will puss out and not show but if he does im gonna be ready for him and call him on his bullshit.
i dont think they'll really have anything on the people i was with, they all work with me at americorp and are basically goodie goodies. i need to get their sides of the story this next week. yeah im gonna go perry mason all over these bastards. tired of being jerked around and hassled by punk ass cops

thispego
12-20-2008, 10:28 PM
One thing pego...never be a smart ass or try to show up a cop in any way...they can arrest you for any thing at any time. They can arrest you for not using your blinker...they can arrest you for crossing that white stop line at an intersection.

I'm not saying that's what you did...in fact from meeting you I'd be real surprised if that's what you did...but still, any sort of questioning or arguing with them is a losing battle...especially in public...and really especially if it's a young cop.

They can arrest you are any time for a thing called POPO...otherwise known as pissing off a police officer.

Best just to smile and make a joke...you'd be amazed what you can get out of with that simple strategy. Although APD are the biggest assholes of them all...they're the ones that give other cops speeding tickets and stuff like that.

i was straight with him, no back talk, yes sir no sir, just utter disbelief at his decision to arrest me.

marini martini
12-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey at least you didn't kill someone while you were PI jay walking:toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao

CuckingFunt
12-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I was expecting this thread to contain more math.

chode_regulator
12-20-2008, 11:33 PM
dude are you really going to join the peace corps?

thispego
12-20-2008, 11:49 PM
thinkin about it man. want to do something abroad. something worthwhile

timvp
12-21-2008, 12:39 AM
i was straight with him, no back talk

Bruh, this is where you went wrong:

he asks if I plan on continuing to drink. I said yes. He slaps the cuffs on me

He obviously thought you were being smart with him. You say something like "no, i'm finished for the night" and he lets you go with nothing.

But yeah, when you are in court play up your humanitarian card. Make sure you mention how you were celebrating after having helped a group of inner city youfs get perfect attendance in high school and how you plan to try to solve world hunger. Don't be afraid to shed a few tears and vow to do voluntary community service because you feel bad for wasting valuable police time over such an unfortunate incident. Good luck :tu

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-21-2008, 12:49 AM

He obviously thought you were being smart with him. You say something like "no, i'm finished for the night" and he lets you go with nothing.

But yeah, when you are in court play up your humanitarian card. Make sure you mention how you were celebrating after having helped a group of inner city youfs get perfect attendance in high school and how you plan to try to solve world hunger. Don't be afraid to shed a few tears and vow to do voluntary community service because you feel bad for wasting valuable police time over such an unfortunate incident. Good luck :tu

I would have suggested saying he (along with the help of some dancing youth) helped stop a developer from razing a community center, but that's just me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-21-2008, 12:50 AM
And Pego, I'm assuming this is Austin PD? If so, let me see if I can get some info on cam recordings from a friend at the Statesman.

Das Texan
12-21-2008, 12:56 AM
wait....

so you are saying you got arrested and no miranda rights were read?

i find that hard to believe but if it didnt happen, that would be good in your favor me thinks...:lol

mrsmaalox
12-21-2008, 01:02 AM
No sobriety test? How simple would that have been to do? Seems to me that if the cop does show up in court, without some kind of documentation, he absolutely has to have a witness to testify against you. And going from what I recall (my college roommate's older sister was a municipal judge) cops don't like to show up in court, and other cops really don't like to show up to to be witnesses unless it's for their own partner.

Make sure you mention how you were celebrating after having helped a group of inner city youfs get perfect attendance in high school and how you plan to try to solve world hunger.

J1V-4boT_ts

Das Texan
12-21-2008, 01:04 AM
No sobriety test? How simple would that have been to do? Seems to me that if the cop does show up in court, without some kind of documentation, he absolutely has to have a witness to testify against you. And going from what I recall (my college roommate's older sister was a municipal judge) cops don't like to show up in court, and other cops really don't like to show up to to be witnesses unless it's for their own partner.

J1V-4boT_ts

ya that too.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-21-2008, 04:04 AM
lol, saw this movie for the first time the other day. wish i had a cousin vinny

Damn, Sherman.

I admit I laughed when I read this too.

MannyIsGod
12-21-2008, 06:15 AM
At least you didn't get tazed bro.

exstatic
12-21-2008, 01:48 PM

He was probably afraid that Pego would go up like the Hindenberg from all the alcohol on his breath. :lol

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Yeah i had plenty of time in the clank to think about what i could have done differently. I was under the impression that honesty was the best policy, though. Plus at this point I didnt think that he thought I was even drunk. He didn't let on till he put the cuffs on me.

:lol we had gone from our americorp chirstmas party (no alcohol) to the bar. so technically, yes, we were celebrating a successful semester with the kids.

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
And Pego, I'm assuming this is Austin PD? If so, let me see if I can get some info on cam recordings from a friend at the Statesman.

Dude, JB, that would be awesome of you man. Definitely was APD. Keep me posted on that. :tu

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
wait....

so you are saying you got arrested and no miranda rights were read?

i find that hard to believe but if it didnt happen, that would be good in your favor me thinks...:lol

well he was real abrupt with me from the get go. In my stuper of getting arrested he may have asked "do you know your rights?" but I dont remember 100% because I was focused on other things. But he definitely didnt rattle off my miranda rights

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:36 PM
yep. I asked for a breathalizer before he put me in the car and he ignored me. I pretty much begged for a sobriety test. and if his little boyfriend cop shows up and lies to help him im going to go crazy. That cop was nice and I had a VERY sober conversation with him while the other cop was running my shit.

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Damn, Sherman.

I admit I laughed when I read this too.

where were you cbf??? this is all your fault!

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:39 PM

i saw his trigger finger twitchin. he was ready for it.

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:40 PM
He was probably afraid that Pego would go up like the Hindenberg from all the alcohol on his breath. :lol

maybe he got so drunk from the alcohol on my breath that HE started making bad decisions. he could be a major lightweight. you never know

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Dude, JB, that would be awesome of you man. Definitely was APD. Keep me posted on that. :tu

Pego, request any and all recordings from the APD public information office. Here's a generic letter you can use. http://www.foift.org/pialetter.html Give as much information as possible as to the time of the arrest and officers involved, and seek any records or writings they may have taken during your arrest.

Do it quickly, so there's a record of you asking ASAP.

thispego
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Pego, request any and all recordings from the APD public information office. Here's a generic letter you can use. http://www.foift.org/pialetter.html Give as much information as possible as to the time of the arrest and officers involved, and seek any records or writings they may have taken during your arrest.

On it. Thanks man

thispego
12-21-2008, 04:00 PM
How can I get the names of the two officers that were there? the arresting officer told me his name on the drive but it was a weird name and i couldnt understand him

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
How can I get the names of the two officers that were there? the arresting officer told me his name on the drive but it was a weird name and i couldnt understand him

Request your arrest report. It should have names/badge numbers of other officers involved.

thispego
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Request your arrest report. It should have names/badge numbers of other officers involved.

been trying to call police department but having trouble. I'll wait a bit

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-21-2008, 04:20 PM
been trying to call police department but having trouble. I'll wait a bit

You're probably not going to get the PIO's office on a Sunday. They were decent enough to respond to a phone call pretty quickly once I left a message (but that was 2 years ago during a weekday and I was working on a story).

thispego
12-21-2008, 04:22 PM
You're probably not going to get the PIO's office on a Sunday. They were decent enough to respond to a phone call pretty quickly once I left a message (but that was 2 years ago during a weekday and I was working on a story).

ohhh ok. Yeah I guess i'll do what I can today and take care of everything else tomorrow

Nbadan
12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
...There was probably filming the the sobriety cage going on, but any lawyer worth his weight would shred through this case, no sobriety test, no breathalyser, no other eye-witnesses besides the other officer ...get it pleaded down to differed adjudication or fire the lawyer...

thispego
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
...There was probably filming the the sobriety cage going on, but any lawyer worth his weight would shred through this case, no sobriety test, no breathalyser, no other eye-witnesses besides the other officer ...get it pleaded down to differed adjudication or fire the lawyer...

so hire a lawyer and if he cant get it pleaded down then i can fire him without paying him?

thispego
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM

chick said information wont be entered into their system til sometime next week. She said that wouldnt have any negative affect on me or my case if I waited up to two weeks to submit the letter requesting this info but in my experience, people in her position (municipal clerk) dont know shit about shit and will just tell you what they believe to be true without actually checking on it... what do you think?

clambake
12-22-2008, 02:59 PM
why don't you get hammered and go down there and show them what public intoxication really is?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
chick said information wont be entered into their system til sometime next week. She said that wouldnt have any negative affect on me or my case if I waited up to two weeks to submit the letter requesting this info but in my experience, people in her position (municipal clerk) dont know shit about shit and will just tell you what they believe to be true without actually checking on it... what do you think?

It's not that it would affect your case, you just want to have a record of your asking. She's telling the truth.

PakiDan
12-22-2008, 05:56 PM

You could beat the case of you sucked on the warm end of a nice big gun.

thispego
12-22-2008, 06:14 PM
You could beat the case of you sucked on the warm end of a nice big gun.

are you coming on to me?

Vinnie_Johnson
12-22-2008, 10:43 PM

:lmao

The Reckoning
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
just think if it was VPD. you'd be on death row right now for jaywalking.

Bigzax
12-23-2008, 02:21 AM
why don't you get hammered and go down there and show them what public intoxication really is?

got a PI once...you should have asked the first judge for deferred adjudication and you would have walked away free and clear...

good luck!

balli
12-23-2008, 03:10 AM

got a PI once...you should have asked the first judge for deferred adjudication and you would have walked away free and clear...

good luck!

This is why I asked you if you'll have another pre-trial opportunity pego. It might be worth your time to inquire with the prosecutors as to whether our not you can still adjudicate your way out of a conviction during the pre-trial. If so, you'd probably have to go to some AA meetings or something, but your record would be clean.

tw05baller
01-09-2009, 11:41 PM
update?

50 cent
01-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Dude, the cops aren't even going to show up at court for this.

You will probably have to go to several "pre-trials" where the cops won't show and the DA will say he needs more info from the cops, blah blah blah.

I would feel pretty confident representing myself in this situation.

Make sure you have notes:

1.) 5 beers over a 4 hour period
2.) No Miranda rights
3.) No sobriety test

Make sure to take one of your friends that was there as a witness.

A retarded monkey could win this case. I'd be willing to bet $100 that the cops never show and the charges on the PI are dismissed.

thispego
01-11-2009, 03:13 PM
update?

The TEXAS PUBLIC INFORMATION ACT Request Letter that JB suggested didn't exactly work but they did call and point me in the right direction. I now need to go down to municipal court and wait a million hours to request a Motion of Discovery. I got the two officers names; Benjamin Bloodworth (asshole) and Branden Kunkle (cool i guess).

That's as far as I've gotten. I paid the jaywalking ticket, now I need to go and file the MOD and then wait for my court date.

Dude, the cops aren't even going to show up at court for this.

You will probably have to go to several "pre-trials" where the cops won't show and the DA will say he needs more info from the cops, blah blah blah.

I would feel pretty confident representing myself in this situation.

Make sure you have notes:

1.) 5 beers over a 4 hour period
2.) No Miranda rights
3.) No sobriety test

Make sure to take one of your friends that was there as a witness.

A retarded monkey could win this case. I'd be willing to bet $100 that the cops never show and the charges on the PI are dismissed.

a retarded monkey would cost less than an attorney. you know any? and I'll take that bet. I'm confident in representing myself successfully as well but if the cops do show and I somehow lose the case then that $100 would help offset my fines. Thanks brah!

The Reckoning
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
lol bloodworth and "krunkle." good thing you didnt know their names when you were throwed

thispego
01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
lol bloodworth and "krunkle." good thing you didnt know their names when you were throwed

ROFL yeah no shit

whottt
01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Keep fighting the good fight pego :tu

Drachen
01-11-2009, 09:31 PM
3.14159265?

J.T.
01-12-2009, 05:02 AM
I got profiled one time for smoking a cigarette while driving, douchebag cop thought it was a joint or someshit. He comes up to the car and says it smells funny, and then asks if I have pot or anything illegal. I SO wanted to turn to him and say "I have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that I need all this for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

No really, I would've said it if I wasn't so fucking stoned at the time. But at least I got off with a verbal warning.

smeagol
01-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Lot's of a-holes cops. Now TSA is in a similar situation because of them.

Chief
01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Don't Plead Shit !

don't get a misdemeanor or whatever on record just cuz it don't count much on ur record, that's bullshit.

He didn't give u a sobriety test, he cannot prove u were drunk based just on his opinion. It's all about proving you were drunk , how can he just on his word ?

go with a lawyer definitely , if u can't afford it, at least a court appointed one so that he can tell u a bit more about the law, what exactly constitutes that u are drunk a sobriety test or just a cops opinion.

I don't think they have a case Honestly.

The Reckoning
01-12-2009, 08:28 PM
the ultimate irony - Pego in the Peace Corps

thispego
05-18-2009, 06:58 PM
thispego: 1 austin municipal court: 0

charges were dropped today. insufficient evidence. boo fuckin yah.

Heath Ledger
05-18-2009, 07:25 PM
How much did you have to spend on a defense attorney? Surely the lawyer won, they always do.

mookie2001
05-18-2009, 07:27 PM
whoah mine too in san marcos

im killing in dismissals lately

6 citations straight

mookie2001
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
of course i called patchal and told him lets get publically intoxicated

he said hes not allowed to spend money anymore, or have BMs

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
way to go dude
i always knew you were above the law

thispego
05-18-2009, 07:40 PM
How much did you have to spend on a defense attorney? Surely the lawyer won, they always do.

read the thread dipshit. i dont need attorneys to do my fighting for me.

thispego
05-18-2009, 07:41 PM
whoah mine too in san marcos

im killing in dismissals lately

6 citations straight

yeah patches said you were going to kyle for something.

being above the law and hard to kill are technically the same thing in the courts

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2009, 07:41 PM

she'd whoop his ass if he pulled a 4cc 6th street circa 2004

thispego
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
way to go dude
i always knew you were above the law

stuff yeah! :blah

i was like " so is this an admission by mr officer bloodworth that he was wrong when he told me i was intoxicated and a danger to myself and others back in december?"

thispego
05-18-2009, 07:44 PM

lolz any money that 4cc makes is for college funds, rents, taxes, and tp for bm's. he is allowed to do bm's but only 2 or 3 a day.

mookie2001
05-18-2009, 07:47 PM
lil patchalita has already been accepted into college

he's only allowed 100 more BMs for the 09 calender year
he's mostly been eating pf changs

thispego
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM
tough life. lotta bm's don that rod

Reichen Lehmkuhl
05-18-2009, 08:10 PM
:baby:hitit:

I think my head would look good in thispegos lap.

thispego
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
oh jesus

tlongII
05-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Nice job pego! :tu

thispego
05-18-2009, 11:20 PM
thanks brah :tu

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2009, 01:53 AM
http://chronicle.augusta.com/images/headlines/020200/Prego_Sauce.jpg

stretch
05-19-2009, 08:56 AM
good job pego

but you're still gay :toast jk

Zombie.
05-19-2009, 09:02 AM
good job pego

lame :rolleyes

Blake
05-19-2009, 09:17 AM

did you pay for parking?

stretch
05-19-2009, 09:39 AM
lame :rolleyes

:lol

thispego
05-19-2009, 12:29 PM
http://chronicle.augusta.com/images/headlines/020200/Prego_Sauce.jpg

sick!

good job pego

gay like a fox! ..........like a straight fox.

did you pay for parking?

shit no! i also showed up disheveled, sweaty, and with fucked up hair.

mrsmaalox
05-19-2009, 12:45 PM

:tu Congrats

Deputy Fife
05-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Now pego, you may have won this battle, but it's a wise man who knows not to push the limits of the law. It's best you shape up and fly right, because I'm busy with gun-drawing practice, ten minutes every day. If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to papa in a hurry.

Cry Havoc
05-19-2009, 01:57 PM

At least you left the cop with a smile on his face. :lol

Blake
05-19-2009, 02:04 PM

since you apparently didn't have to miss work, I'd say yeah, you got over.

now next time you talk shit to a cop, you won't worry about it because you know how to beat the system. congrats.

thispego
05-19-2009, 02:08 PM
if i was at home rather than getting off of work 30 minutes early to make my 6:00pm hearing (the 3rd time i've been to mc) then i would have had time to shower and dress appropriately.

timvp
05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
sooooo, pego, how was the peace corps

thispego
05-19-2009, 03:18 PM
on hold. permanent hold for the foreseeable future.
americorps is fine though thanks for not asking!

tlongII
05-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Which night will Pego get some pie?

matt foley
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
after americorp, don't overlook the perks of

LIVING IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!

chode_regulator
05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
after americorp, don't overlook the perks of

LIVING IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Congrats man

Above the law...now go prove it and ebat the shit out of said cop and try to get out of that too!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-20-2009, 11:13 PM
LOL
I think pego would lose a few faith points if he ate the shit out of a cop
although if theres anyone who will know how to properly prepare and bbq a cop
it's pego

timvp
05-22-2009, 02:07 AM
LOL
I think pego would lose a few faith points if he ate the shit out of a cop

I would not buy that for a dollar.