PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nellie Tells Randolph To Seek Trade

Spurs Brazil
12-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Report: Nellie Tells Randolph To Seek Trade

Dec 20, 2008 5:10 PM EST
Golden State coach Don Nelson has reportedly told rookie forward Anthony Randolph to tell his agent to seek a trade from the team.

Nelson doesn't believe that the young forward fits well with the Warriors.

ESPN's Chris Broussard originally reported the news on the air.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56096/20081220/report_nellie_tells_randolph_to_seek_trade/

Spur-Addict
12-20-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't think Mully wants to trade him, it is said that Mulls and Nelly are at odds. The value Mulls has attached to Randolph in thought of his potential is fairly high, so i'm not sure this will happen, and if it does G.S would look to make out very well.

Chieflion
12-20-2008, 07:42 PM
A coach should not tell a player to leave the team. His job is just to make the best out of them and coach to win. On a sidenote, is it because the guy tries to play defense?

Spur-Addict
12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
A coach should not tell a player to leave the team. His job is just to make the best out of them and coach to win. On a sidenote, is it because the guy tries to play defense?

:lol

I don't know but I remember him getting banged on a few times already this year.

mystargtr34
12-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Why would they draft him in the first place when they had an almost exact clone in Brandan Wright.

That entire franchise is just a big gimmick in itself and a damn joke.

Fire the GM
Get a real NBA coach
Put a proper team together.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-20-2008, 11:41 PM
long, athletic, good shot
seems like he would fit

itzsoweezee
12-20-2008, 11:48 PM
i'm pretty sure nelson is trying to get fired. that way he gets to keep that fat wad of cash the idiot warriors front office threw at him in the off season.

pawe
12-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Why would they draft him in the first place when they had an almost exact clone in Brandan Wright.

Fire the GM
Get a real NBA coach

easier said than done

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2008, 12:05 AM
would the gsw entice a mahinmi trade?

Pistons < Spurs
12-21-2008, 12:05 AM
http://www.firenelson.com/

wireonfire
12-21-2008, 12:49 AM

Fire the GM
Get a real NBA coach

Maybe because Nellie didn't like Wright that much either?

Actually from what I saw, Randolph is a different kind of player. He is extremely aggressive, unlike Wright who is quite passive. He is bigger than Wright as well, but not as polished on offense as Wright.

I'd love to take Randolph off the warriors hands.

MI21
12-21-2008, 02:28 AM
I like what I have seen as Randolph, for his height, he has very good handles. Athletic dude who for some reason reminds me of a young Lamar Odom. Did come across as a chucker in the few games I have seen, but come on, it is the Warriors. Chucking is a prerequisite to getting playing time.

SenorSpur
12-21-2008, 02:45 AM
I don't think Mully wants to trade him, it is said that Mulls and Nelly are at odds. The value Mulls has attached to Randolph in thought of his potential is fairly high, so i'm not sure this will happen, and if it does G.S would look to make out very well.

Why the hell would Nellie and Mully be at odds? They go back a long way to when Nellie coached him at GSW. It was Mully who coaxed Nellie out of retirement. Of course, I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just hard to believe.

angelbelow
12-21-2008, 04:50 AM
randolph was first off the bench today for the warriors. wonder what that means.

Spur-Addict
12-21-2008, 08:30 AM
I like what I have seen as Randolph, for his height, he has very good handles. Athletic dude who for some reason reminds me of a young Lamar Odom. Did come across as a chucker in the few games I have seen, but come on, it is the Warriors. Chucking is a prerequisite to getting playing time.

:lol--So true.

Why the hell would Nellie and Mully be at odds? They go back a long way to when Nellie coached him at GSW. It was Mully who coaxed Nellie out of retirement. Of course, I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just hard to believe.

Apparently because they have different views on Randolph, just because you have a good relationship with someone doesn't mean you can't disagree. Also see bold print below.

Armando
12-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I find it funny that Keith Smart's title is Defensive cordinator.