PDA

View Full Version : Lakers @ Magic

mystargtr34
12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
How is there not a game thread for this?

SpursDynasty
12-20-2008, 09:20 PM
This is a low-profile game. A total of one All-Star caliber players in this game (Kobe)

Bob Lanier
12-20-2008, 09:22 PM
STOP SMOKING START SCREAMING

Tweet.

Bob Lanier
12-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Aaaaaaaah!

mystargtr34
12-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Kobe with 30 shots, Gasol with 9.

Guess which one shoots 45% and which one shoots 55%.

Bob Lanier
12-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Why can't these Orlando hicks pronounce "Dwight"?

Reck
12-20-2008, 09:36 PM
What's with these players this year.

Cannot make FTs when it matters.

Reck
12-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Night night Orlando.

Bob Lanier
12-20-2008, 09:38 PM
:lmao

Rohirrim
12-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Fuck Fisher.

Reck
12-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Night night Orlando.

:wow

Bob Lanier
12-20-2008, 09:41 PM
"Duhwiyatt Howurd"

Thunder Dan
12-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Kobe passes up the game winning shot, and nobody says anything. Lebron made that same exact play in the 2007 ECF and he was ridiculed for 2 days

tlongII
12-20-2008, 09:44 PM
lmao @ the lakers!

Otaku
Bye bye lakers

mystargtr34
You see, this is the difference between Wade and Kobe.

Wade would never put the game in the hands of a team mate to win the game like Kobe.

This is why Wade is still better than Kobe, until Kobe can get that killer instinct and take the game over by himself he will not be on Wade's level

tomtom
oh yeah!

Reck
Kobe passes up the game winning shot, and nobody says anything. Lebron made that same exact play in the 2007 ECF and he was ridiculed for 2 days

Its different.

Kobe didn't have a good look and he saw Vujabitch wide open for 3.

Banzai
12-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Sasha wide open rattles in and out. oh well I have beginning to not care anymore..makes it easier to deal with losses. Besides..I just ordered a sweet ass telescope!

Reck
12-20-2008, 09:45 PM
You see, this is the difference between Wade and Kobe.

Wade would never put the game in the hands of a team mate to win the game like Kobe.

This is why Wade is still better than Kobe, until Kobe can get that killer instinct and take the game over by himself he will not be on Wade's level

LOL. Wade doesn't have anyone that can shoot the ball on crunch time.

Its Wade or no one.

Bob Lanier
12-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Radmanovic is so much better than Walton it isn't even funny.

But that's a small matter compared to how soft Gasol and Bynum are.

mystargtr34
12-20-2008, 09:51 PM
LOL. Wade doesn't have anyone that can shoot the ball on crunch time.

Its Wade or no one.

Read it again.

Then read what the Laker fans were saying when LeBron passed up a game winner for a better shot.

Its ok to do.

Thunder Dan
12-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Its different.

Kobe didn't have a good look and he saw Vujabitch wide open for 3.

he was right under the damn hoop, what are you talking about? atleast get fouled and go to the line

TheMACHINE
12-21-2008, 01:46 AM
he was right under the damn hoop, what are you talking about? atleast get fouled and go to the line

Maybe Kobe should do a travel like Lebron to make a winning shot or try to get a phantom whistle like Wade.

Spur-Addict
12-21-2008, 09:42 AM

It's odd that some people make excuses for Kobe, some Spurs fans even do it.

TheMACHINE
12-21-2008, 12:36 PM

#1) this isnt the playoffs

#2) you should check Lakersground.net cuz Lakers fans are divided in if he should have shot it or not. I say he should have.

JamStone
12-21-2008, 12:47 PM

Not that I think the criticism was fair, but I think the distinction is that at that time, LeBron hadn't really proven himself in crunchtime in the playoffs yet (a playoff crunchtime scenario that mattered, I'm not talking about against depleted, inconsistent Wizards teams). Kobe has already done so. The question of LeBron when he made that play is whether he had the killer instinct and the confidence not to fail. That hadn't been proven yet. We all know Kobe isn't scared to take the last shot, make or miss.

Again, not that I think it was a fair criticism of LeBron back then. That's just what distinguishes it.

Darrin
12-21-2008, 02:52 PM
This is a low-profile game. A total of one All-Star caliber players in this game (Kobe)

I hear this kid--his name is Dwight Howard--he is pretty good. I think he could make the All-Star Team one day (say February, 2009 as a starter).

Great win for the Magic.

daslicer
12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Not that I think the criticism was fair, but I think the distinction is that at that time, LeBron hadn't really proven himself in crunchtime in the playoffs yet (a playoff crunchtime scenario that mattered, I'm not talking about against depleted, inconsistent Wizards teams). Kobe has already done so. The question of LeBron when he made that play is whether he had the killer instinct and the confidence not to fail. That hadn't been proven yet. We all know Kobe isn't scared to take the last shot, make or miss.

Again, not that I think it was a fair criticism of LeBron back then. That's just what distinguishes it.

He certainly didn't look scared to me when he burned Detroit in Game 5 back in '07. He was clutch at every point in that game.

Darrin
12-21-2008, 03:09 PM
He certainly didn't look scared to me when he burned Detroit in Game 5 back in '07. He was clutch at every point in that game.

Yes, but he looked human during and after the game. I don't think that was the transcendant performance. He was tired during the overtimes. Jordan didn't look kike that until he was in his mid-30s.

My only point is that there is room to grow.

daslicer
12-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes, but he looked human during and after the game. I don't think that was the transcendant performance. He was tired during the overtimes. Jordan didn't look kike that until he was in his mid-30s.

My only point is that there is room to grow.

Tired or not he came through under pressure for his team which is the point. I don't ever compare anybody to Mike it simply isn't fair and even Kobe is not in that league. All great players get tired and worn out Mike was just superhuman.

Darrin
12-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Tired or not he came through under pressure for his team which is the point. I don't ever compare anybody to Mike it simply isn't fair and even Kobe is not in that league. All great players get tired and worn out Mike was just superhuman.

He changed the game, that is for sure. He slowed everything down because all the teams he faced (Knicks, Pistons, Heat, Pacers, Jazz) relied on tempo to contain him.

For the better, he brought athleticism to the game that is so common in all the successful athletes today. That shows how far his body and game were in the 1980s.

Today, I would compare Jordan and Kobe, but we are way off topic now.

Kobe™
12-21-2008, 03:43 PM
CaNNON!

IronMexican
12-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Kobe definitely should have taken the shot, but the way he has been playing, I am not surprised he passed on the shot. I never thought Kobe would have his game plummet this fast.

daslicer
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
He changed the game, that is for sure. He slowed everything down because all the teams he faced (Knicks, Pistons, Heat, Pacers, Jazz) relied on tempo to contain him.

For the better, he brought athleticism to the game that is so common in all the successful athletes today. That shows how far his body and game were in the 1980s.

Today, I would compare Jordan and Kobe, but we are way off topic now.

I wouldn't compare MJ to Kobe simply because Kobe is a pussy. He never comes through against physical teams. All the teams he has lost to in the playoffs have all been physical except the suns. He lost to the Jazz back in 97 and '98, 99 and '03 spurs both were physical, '04 Pistons, '08 Celtics. All those teams mangled him badly that he didn't put up a good fight in any of the elimination games and in some crucial moments during those series. Thats exactly why I would never compare Kobe to MJ simply because MJ always came through against more physical teams that he played against during 90's then what Kobe has faced during the last 10 years. Kobe will never be goat and he isn't better then Lebron at this point. Unfortunately we will be hearing this stupid argument for another 3 years and then it will be over when Kobe still hasn't passed MJ's ring total by the age 33.

cobbler
12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I wouldn't compare MJ to Kobe simply because Kobe is a pussy. He never comes through against physical teams. All the teams he has lost to in the playoffs have all been physical except the suns. He lost to the Jazz back in 97 and '98, 99 and '03 spurs both were physical, '04 Pistons, '08 Celtics. All those teams mangled him badly that he didn't put up a good fight in any of the elimination games and in some crucial moments during those series. Thats exactly why I would never compare Kobe to MJ simply because MJ always came through against more physical teams that he played against during 90's then what Kobe has faced during the last 10 years. Kobe will never be goat and he isn't better then Lebron at this point. Unfortunately we will be hearing this stupid argument for another 3 years and then it will be over when Kobe still hasn't passed MJ's ring total by the age 33.

We only keep hearing it because tards like you keep talking about it. When all is said and done, then you can compare titles. Until then, it's all conjecture. :bang

TheMACHINE
12-22-2008, 02:24 AM

:lol

I find it funny how this guy picks and chooses his stats for his arguements.

99 and 04 Spurs were physical...thats why kobe cant beat them..he's a pussy. I guess some where in between those spurs titles, the spurs became NOT physical like when they lost 4-1 in 2002. Or maybe in 2001 when the Lakers beat the NON physical spurs in 4. But yah why would you mention that right? Because it throws off ur dumbass arguement.

Dumbest post of the year.

Darrin
12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I wouldn't compare MJ to Kobe...simply because...(h)e never comes through against physical teams. All the teams he has lost to in the playoffs have all been physical except the suns. He lost to the Jazz back in 97 and '98, 99 and '03 spurs both were physical, '04 Pistons, '08 Celtics. All those teams mangled him badly that he didn't put up a good fight in any of the elimination games and in some crucial moments during those series. Thats exactly why I would never compare Kobe to MJ simply because MJ always came through against more physical teams that he played against during 90's then what Kobe has faced during the last 10 years. Kobe will never be goat and he isn't better then Lebron at this point. Unfortunately we will be hearing this stupid argument for another 3 years and then it will be over when Kobe still hasn't passed MJ's ring total by the age 33.

Note**Please Don't Swear (or be crude).

In terms of the player, not his team, he could be compared to Michael Jordan. Kobe is actually more advanced in terms of his offensive arsenal. The fact is that Kobe's team was out of the playoffs but one year is more than we could say for MJ now. The man has played in 5 NBA Finals and won 3 NBA titles in 8 years. I would say he has proven himself to be a winner.

Besides, when did this become about his manhood? Why do you have to beat a team by hitting a player? The goal is to be better than an opponent. The teams you mentioned were good defensive teams--they didn't all play the same.

Indazone
12-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Superman will p'wn Bynum