PDA

View Full Version : Lakers win rest of roadtrip +Christmas Game

Kobe™
12-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Book it.

Reck
12-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Well good luck with the following teams..

NOH
BOS

Memphis is a gift. Hope you dont blow that game too.

Banzai
12-20-2008, 10:07 PM
confidence is a good thing....but be realistic. The Lakers have been playing like crap. Lakers will be lucky to win on Christmas.

lil_penny
12-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Not a chance in hell wake up.. lakers are a good team don't get me wrong.. but its gonna take a lot more than what they've been showing to beat the celtics.. even if they do they wouldn't stand a chance in the finals this year if they even get that far..

Celtics look better than last year lakers look worse.. bynum has been a fucking joke soft ass fucking joke.. everyone outside of kobe and ariza are just soft.. that isn't going to get them far.. just ask rick fox

JamStone
12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
According to Allanon, if the Lakers lose any of these four road games, it's against Memphis because the Lakers lose to bad teams but will beat good teams.

pawe
12-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Book it.

That phrase has a bad reputation here. Way to jinx your team lakerfan.

Spur-Addict
12-21-2008, 11:04 AM
According to Allanon, if the Lakers lose any of these four road games, it's against Memphis because the Lakers lose to bad teams but will beat good teams.

:lol

Yes, Orlando is absolutely terrible I say!

TheMACHINE
12-21-2008, 12:37 PM
the good thing is Lakers are demolishing good teams and losing to crap teams. Hope it stays that way atleast for this week. LOL

JamStone
12-21-2008, 12:43 PM
the good thing is Lakers are demolishing good teams and losing to crap teams. Hope it stays that way atleast for this week. LOL

3 of their 5 losses are to teams with winning records. Orlando may or may not be elite, but they certainly aren't crap. Detroit is not very good right now, but talent wise, they are not crap. Miami isn't very good, but it's more of a size issue with their front court than it is about having talent. They aren't good, but they aren't crap.

I said it before, the test of really good teams are whether they can win games on the road against quality competition. The Lakers have only one solid road win against New Orleans earlier in the year. They haven't had very good road wins otherwise.

Spur-Addict
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM
The beauty of the Lakers situation is when they beat the Celtics on the 25th, all of these foolish losses wont be remembered.

It is good to know that one regular season game will define everything and cause a bit of amnesia in the process. The power of a single NBA game, amazing I say.

:sleep

z0sa
12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Celtics will be hungrier than ever for the Christmas game. It should be good.

TheMACHINE
12-21-2008, 02:20 PM
3 of their 5 losses are to teams with winning records. Orlando may or may not be elite, but they certainly aren't crap. Detroit is not very good right now, but talent wise, they are not crap. Miami isn't very good, but it's more of a size issue with their front court than it is about having talent. They aren't good, but they aren't crap.

I said it before, the test of really good teams are whether they can win games on the road against quality competition. The Lakers have only one solid road win against New Orleans earlier in the year. They haven't had very good road wins otherwise.

Fine..ill change the word crap to "ok" teams.

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 11:07 PM

They've beaten Denver, Dallas, and Phoenix on the road as well.

Not that that's saying much, but you say "only one win"... it's not like they've had a chance to play @ Houston, @ San Antonio, @ Boston @ Utah @ Portland yet.

Findog
12-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Who the fuck is the OP? 21 Deuces afraid to use his regular account?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-21-2008, 11:38 PM
They've beaten Denver, Dallas, and Phoenix on the road as well.

Not that that's saying much, but you say "only one win"... it's not like they've had a chance to play @ Houston, @ San Antonio, @ Boston @ Utah @ Portland yet.

Congrats, they beat the Suns when Matt Barnes and Raja Bell are starting, when those two start the Suns are 7-7, so LA beat a .500 team at home!!! 2009 NBA title in the bag.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-21-2008, 11:46 PM
The beauty of the Lakers situation is when they beat the Celtics on the 25th, all of these foolish losses wont be remembered.

I love when Laker fans brag about wins before they happen. I remember J.A. Anande in October saying on Around the Horn, "When the Lakers win the next three titles Kobe might be comparable to Jordan," as if L.A. had locked up the 2009, 2010, and 2011 title and there was no humanly possible way one of the other 29 teams would be able to contend in the next 3 years.

Indazone
12-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Book it.:lol

Here let me help you with your reverse jinx.

Lakers Suck Major Monkey A$$!!!

MarHill
12-22-2008, 12:20 AM

I agree, Jamstone

Also, the Lakers play NO on this road trip and I believe they will be looking for revenge.

The Lakers are dynamic offensively...but only plays defense in spurts!

That won't get it done in the playoffs and trying to win an NBA Title!!

It is still December though....the X-Mas game against the Celts will be interesting to see!!!

:flag:

DazedAndConfused
12-22-2008, 12:25 AM
LAL just isn't playing good ball right now. Hard to judge where they are at this early in the season.

I'm personally waiting until post ASB to determine where this team truly is at.

Kobe™
12-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Bump...

Allanon
12-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I missed this post.

Good call and nice job closing out the game today Kobe.

Kobe™
12-25-2008, 07:59 PM
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turiaf for president
12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
good shit

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Say goodbye to your fluke 19 games winning streak, merry christmas celtics!!! hahahahaha curtesy of the LA Lakers! :toast

Spur-Addict
12-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Say goodbye to your fluke 19 games winning streak, merry christmas celtics!!! hahahahaha curtesy of the LA Lakers! :toast

Fluke? You sir are buggin'.

IronMexican
12-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Good job calling it, Ace.