PDA

View Full Version : Blazers/Jazz/Nuggets?

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-21-2008, 01:24 AM
All 3 teams seem to play well at times and put a nice little run together, and then they play like crap and drop a couple.....

which of this 3 teams will end up winning the division?

My money would be on the Jazz but the Boozer situation has to have some kind of negative impact

The Nuggets are playing like monkey balls the last few games and George Karl is still a big douche bag

The Blazers are young and will go as far as Roy can take them

Reck
12-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Nuggets.

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Crap shoot.

Xylus
12-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Good game tonight between the Suns and Nuggets, but the Suns played better down the stretch with Nash playing like an MVP. I felt like our defense was a lot better tonight than it was against Portland.

As for your question, I think all 3 teams will have comparable records at the end of the season, with the Jazz on top by a couple of games. The Blazers are young and will go through losing streaks throughout the season, the Nuggets have played poorly as of late and I'm not yet convinced they're capable of winning the division.

Kai
12-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I'd say Utah. They haven't played their best ball yet.

The Boozer thing is overblown. He's just stating what what anyone else in the world would do. He said he'd like to stay in Utah, but it's still a business and wants to get paid more.

balli
12-21-2008, 01:39 AM
I'd say Utah if we manage relatively soon to ship Boozer's bitch ass out. Denver otherwise.

As a caveat I think Utah is BY FAR the most talented team of the three and by all rights should run away with the NW division. It's just that I also think we're BY FAR the most mentally fragile, bitch-made team, out of the three, if not the entire league. If we weren't a bunch of scared fucking cowards who treat in game adversity or big leads as if they were never changing, we'd win a ring.

The Boozer thing is overblown. He's just stating what what anyone else in the world would do. He said he'd like to stay in Utah, but it's still a business and wants to get paid more.
No, he shouldn't be stating shit as long as his injured ass is sitting. Especially after promising not to speculate during the season. Especially after collapsing in the playoffs the past two years. Especially because of the economy. You just don't say, "I'm getting a raise, regardless," right now if you're Carlos Boozer. If anything it's underblown and I think it's been a real detrimental downer to the psyche and locker room chemistry of the Jazz. We are losing games not because of his injury, but because of his shitty, entitled attitude.

tlongII
12-21-2008, 02:48 AM
The Blazers will win the NW Division. We have the most talent by far and we'll keep improving throughout the season.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-21-2008, 02:51 AM
these next 2 games will certainly play a big part in the division race.

The Blazers will probably win both :lol Although im pretty certain Nene will get Oden into early foul trouble IF the Nuggets go to him

Chieflion
12-21-2008, 04:35 AM
Jazz may very well win the division. They are 12-2 in the conference and 5-0 against their division teams.

Girasuck
12-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Jazz may very well win the division. They are 12-2 in the conference and 5-0 against their division teams.

Exactly. We play shitty against the eastern conference but bring it when we play the west (minus the game in San Antonio). Unfortunately for us it will be a close race because we still lack the killer instinct against the bad teams but I like us to win the division because we play our hearts out against conference and division teams.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-21-2008, 10:58 AM
the Nuggets are the opposite........they bring it against the East (except the cavs this year) and crappy western teams and suck against the top western teams

Darrin
12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't know. It sure will be fun to watch it all season.

JordanL
12-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Suck ass Blazers shouldnt even be in this dsicussion. Thats a toy team...lol

Wow... it's really gonna send you to a therapist when the Blazers are knocking the Lakers out of the playoffs in 2-4 years...

tlongII
12-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Wow... it's really gonna send you to a therapist when the Blazers are knocking the Lakers out of the playoffs in 2-4 years...

2 - 4 years my ass. We're taking them down this year.

JordanL
12-22-2008, 10:54 AM
2 - 4 years my ass. We're taking them down this year.

The only way we are accomplishing that this year is if Oden goes from where he is now to where he was in the NCAA championship game by April.

Not that we don't have the talent, we just aren't mentally ready to take on the reigning WC Champs and win 4 of 7. Not that Bynum is amazing or anything, but the Lakers don't need Bynum to beat Portland if nothing changes.

I mean... unless Roy averages like 45 in the series and somehow shuts down Kobe... which is possible just not something to bank on.

Or if Portland somehow had HC over LA... which is even less likely...

tlongII
12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
The only way we are accomplishing that this year is if Oden goes from where he is now to where he was in the NCAA championship game by April.

Not that we don't have the talent, we just aren't mentally ready to take on the reigning WC Champs and win 4 of 7. Not that Bynum is amazing or anything, but the Lakers don't need Bynum to beat Portland if nothing changes.

I mean... unless Roy averages like 45 in the series and somehow shuts down Kobe... which is possible just not something to bank on.

Or if Portland somehow had HC over LA... which is even less likely...

I disagree. All we need is confidence. I think we're going to improve as the season progresses and that confidence will come. We have the talent to beat anybody.

JordanL
12-22-2008, 11:29 AM
I disagree. All we need is confidence. I think we're going to improve as the season progresses and that confidence will come. We have the talent to beat anybody.

Mmmm... we really lack the mental toughness though. I've never, EVER, seen one of these guys give a hard foul to make a statement. And there's times where you have to in order to change the momentum of the game.

The Lakers have no such qualms. And they'd have no problem comitting a hard foul on Roy or Oden or Aldridge...

jacobdrj
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Utah has their A team out right now, meaning, the Jazz are Boozerless. They are looking VERY good. I want to see more Deron vs. Chauncy. It is like Chauncy playing against a younger better version of himself, and it is awesome. Experence vs. talent.

But my money is on a Cavs-Nuggets finals.

balli
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Utah has their A team out right now, meaning, the Jazz are Boozerless. They are looking VERY good. I want to see more Deron vs. Chauncy. It is like Chauncy playing against a younger better version of himself, and it is awesome. Experence vs. talent.
We'll see. We're still pretty banged up. Deron sat practice with a calf issue today. Millsap's shoulder's been jacked all season and it he just tweaked it again. Boozer's probably going under the knife, which sucks, because even though I hate him, we need more depth at our PF position; we can't keep Millsap out there 44 minutes a night. I had dreams that the Jazz would trade Boozer or bring him off the bench behind Millsap and instead we're getting nothing but daily updates about Boozer getting yet another MRI, which leaves us thin. So I still think we have a lot of problems.

Armando
12-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Jazz win the division going away.