PDA

View Full Version : Screw the Cowboys

phyzik
12-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Hear me out....

San Antonio has a bigger following for the Cowboys than the Dallas area itself.

Those same people want a football team in San Antonio.

THOSE SAME PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THAT BY SUPPORTING THE COWBOYS THEY ARE PREVENTING THAT!!!

Jerry Jones will NEVER allow a football team into San Antonio as long as you fucking sheep keep supporting that sorry ass team.

Fuck those fucking sorry ass cowgirls, Im glad they fucking lost.

blizz
12-21-2008, 02:12 AM
i agree that JJ wont let a team come here but i'm still a fan. they did deserve to lose though.

phyzik
12-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Being a Cowboys fan is like being a Lakers or Celtics fan.... think about that shit.

BruceBowenFan
12-21-2008, 02:26 AM
i was :depressed when both those 75 plus runs happened, and :pctoss

Oh, Gee!!
12-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Being a Cowboys fan is like being a Lakers or Celtics fan.... think about that shit.

that you're from boston or l.a.?!?!??

Barbarian
12-21-2008, 02:29 AM

Think about what? you have to favor a small market team to be a legit fan? Thats dumb. Its not my fault that the team i root for happens to be "The Yankees" of football.

IronMexican
12-21-2008, 02:33 AM
Think about what? you have to favor a small market team to be a legit fan? Thats dumb. Its not my fault that the team i root for happens to be "The Yankees" of football.

:lol It's funny because Laker fans get scrutinized for it. Well, Laker and Yankee fans.

Barbarian
12-21-2008, 02:48 AM
:lol It's funny because Laker fans get scrutinized for it. Well, Laker and Yankee fans.

Agreed to a certain point. The media does favor big markets. As for fans....Root for your team and fuck everyone else.

exstatic
12-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Hear me out....

THOSE SAME PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THAT BY SUPPORTING THE COWBOYS THEY ARE PREVENTING THAT!!!

Jerry Jones will NEVER allow a football team into San Antonio as long as you fucking sheep keep supporting that sorry ass team.

That needs to be qualified. Jerry will never stand for an NFC team in SA. I don't think he cares if some ragtag homeless AFC team lands here, as long as he can still beam in his Cowboy crack, uninterrupted, to the zombies. An NFC team would preempt those broadcasts, by rule and TV contract.

T Park
12-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Agreed.

Which is why if they were to go hardcore after a current team, they should be throwing the moon, stars, and sun at the Jaguars.

AFC team, good future, good guys. Well managed. Go get em SA :tu

exstatic
12-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Agreed.

Which is why if they were to go hardcore after a current team, they should be throwing the moon, stars, and sun at the Jaguars.

AFC team, good future, good guys. Well managed. Go get em SA :tu

The candidates would be the Jags, the Bolts, and the Bills. They're all having money and/or stadium issues. There's been talk of the Bills maybe moving to TOR, the Bolts are playing in a 40 YO venue in a city that was broke 2-3 years before the financial meltdown, and Jacksonville was a mistake by the NFL, in hindsight. They're a smaller market than we are now, and their owner has been trying to sell chunks of the team to raise cash for several years. As far back as 2005, they had permission to tarp off like eight entire sections upstairs so that they could "sell out" and avoid TV blackouts. They're playing in a refurbished college stadium, the old Gator Bowl, have almost no luxury suites, and their city was fighting them over $$$ from naming rights for their two touchdown clubs. :lol

Biernutz
12-21-2008, 03:14 PM
another great day for Cowboy haters. Love it.

IronMexican
12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Would fans even switch teams if SA got a team? If LA ever got a team, I wouldn't cheer for them.

T Park
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
The candidates would be the Jags, the Bolts, and the Bills. They're all having money and/or stadium issues. There's been talk of the Bills maybe moving to TOR, the Bolts are playing in a 40 YO venue in a city that was broke 2-3 years before the financial meltdown, and Jacksonville was a mistake by the NFL, in hindsight. They're a smaller market than we are now, and their owner has been trying to sell chunks of the team to raise cash for several years. As far back as 2005, they had permission to tarp off like eight entire sections upstairs so that they could "sell out" and avoid TV blackouts. They're playing in a refurbished college stadium, the old Gator Bowl, have almost no luxury suites, and their city was fighting them over $$$ from naming rights for their two touchdown clubs. :lol

Yeah the Chargers will just move north to LA IMO, Buffalo I think is a tough one to call, I can't see them moving to Toronto for some reason, but who knows.

I think Jacksonville though is very ripe for the picking. Give them a sweetheart deal, refurbish the alamodome to their liking and let em have run of the place. WHy the hell not, all the dome has is that monster truck race, a pathetic bowl game, and high school football. THATS IT.

Let the jags have run of the place.

IronMexican
12-21-2008, 03:26 PM
I would love the Chargers in LA. It would make going to Raider games WAY easier.

exstatic
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Would fans even switch teams if SA got a team? If LA ever got a team, I wouldn't cheer for them.

A lot wouldn't, but that's because they have been 'Boys fans for two generations. Get the youngsters and eventually you build the fan base.

People here shell out for 40+ Spurs games. Buying 8 RS and 2 PS games should be in reach of more people, at least when the economy picks up.

AlamoSpursFan
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
That needs to be qualified. Jerry will never stand for an NFC team in SA. I don't think he cares if some ragtag homeless AFC team lands here, as long as he can still beam in his Cowboy crack, uninterrupted, to the zombies. An NFC team would preempt those broadcasts, by rule and TV contract.

That makes no sense at all. If we had an AFC team, it would have "home market" rule over any other team regardless of conference. The Texans stupidly did not include SA as a home market like the Oilers did. We used to get every Cowboys AND Oilers game here.

exstatic
12-21-2008, 03:42 PM
That makes no sense at all. If we had an AFC team, it would have "home market" rule over any other team regardless of conference. The Texans stupidly did not include SA as a home market like the Oilers did. We used to get every Cowboys AND Oilers game here.

Two different contracts and networks: AFC(CBS) and NFC(FOX). The NFC could still broadcast the Cowboys here on FOX, even if we had AFC games on a required contract on CBS. In fact, I think Jerry would insist on it. There would be almost no conflict. We still get most of the Texans games, even though we're not a home market.

cherylsteele
12-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Where would a team play if they moved here?
The Alamodome? It would need major upgrading to NFL standards and I am not so sure any bond issue or such would pass to pay for the upgrade, or a new stadium even. I would think it would have to be imprved first before the NFL would allow a team to move here.

Obstructed_View
12-21-2008, 04:32 PM
There are too many legitimate reasons that SA won't get an NFL team in the next 15 years, and the Cowboys lose nothing but a place to have training camp if it happens, but I'm tired of spelling it out for people that don't bother reading, so just keep on blaming JJ.

jarie jonez is duh debbul!!1!!11

Rohirrim
12-21-2008, 04:51 PM
There are too many legitimate reasons that SA won't get an NFL team in the next 15 years, and the Cowboys lose nothing but a place to have training camp if it happens, but I'm tired of spelling it out for people that don't bother reading, so just keep on blaming JJ.

San Antonio is the second biggest Cowboy fan base in the world outside of D/FW.

JJ is a business man. Business men with that much money are not stupid.

exstatic
12-21-2008, 04:52 PM

SA is the most pure play secondary TV market in the NFL. You're naive if you think JJ would give that up easily, and he carries a big stick, NFL-wise. There well may be more reasons, but if all of those were solved, Jerry would still be standing in the way, at least for an NFC team that would boot him out of the TV market.

As for 15 years to get a team in SA, a year ago, I would have agreed with you, but this economic meltdown will be a great leveler of cities/metro areas, and we may well emerge much less damaged than even some of the existing NFL markets. It could be 5-10.

phyzik
12-21-2008, 05:03 PM
I would love to see the Jaguars move here, I like that team in Madden :lol

samikeyp
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM

For me as a native San Antonian, that would be the one thing that could change my allegiance. For me personally, hometown loyalty trumps all. That is however, a personal opinion and not a suggested course of action.

samikeyp
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM

You are right, somewhat. Myself and the Cowboys fans I grew up with have been loyal Cowboys fans since birth so we do have that in common with those Celtics and Lakers fans who have always been loyal.

There are, however, tons of bandwagon fans for those three teams like there are for all team who have had success, even our Spurs.

Personally, I think bandwagoners and fairweather fans should be hung...but that is probably why I am not allowed to be in charge. :)

Vinnie_Johnson
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/angelofecci/ChunkTruffleShuffle.gif

Is this Wades grandson?

G-Nob
12-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Being a cowboys fan is like being a 49ers or Steelers fan.

Slydragon
12-21-2008, 09:49 PM
yup, I'm in SA so going for the Boys feels bad because Dallas Cowboys/Mavericks too me. If it's not in SA I don't give a shit about the team.

CosmicCowboy
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
The Alamodome is totally unacceptable to the NFL. It would require a completely new stadium before they would even consider it. I don't ever see it happening. The guy that did the Texans was a BILLION DOLLARS in the hole before he even hired any players.

florige
12-22-2008, 10:35 AM
The Alamodome is totally unacceptable to the NFL. It would require a completely new stadium before they would even consider it. I don't ever see it happening. The guy that did the Texans was a BILLION DOLLARS in the hole before he even hired any players.

100% right. The NFL kept screwing Baltimore over from getting a team even though our former teamed got snuck out from us in the night. We had plans for a brand new stadium and they still didn't want to give us anything. If it weren't for Modell moving the Browns here I think we would still be teamless being cursed of watching the Redskins week in and week out.

tonylongoriafan
12-22-2008, 12:00 PM

the bottomline is that san antonio doesn't have a football team and has no legitimate shot at getting one anytime soon. SOME of that has to do with the cowboys, but most of it has to do with san antonio itself.

i'm of the opinion san antonio WILL NEVER have an nfl franchise. so i'm a cowboys fan, since birth, living in san antonio.

mexicanjunior
12-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Hell no...I've invested too much emotion in the Cowboys to ever switch teams...

tonylongoriafan
12-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Hell no...I've invested too much emotion in the Cowboys to ever switch teams...

i'd try to rock both teams as long as possible

i'm a UT football season ticket holder last 4 years...UTSA is getting football, no comparison, i'll support them both as long as i can. they're different, but both still my teams

it doesn't matter anyway

BlackSwordsMan
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I watch what I wanna watch

G-Nob
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
San Antonio has always been the leverage city. When a pro team wants something from their city, they threaten to move them to San Antonio to get it. Meanwhile SA fans get their hopes up for something that never comes.

To get things done, you need power. SA needs a voice to get in the ear of all three commisioners to make sure tyrants like Jones don't control the market. This town is well equiped to handle all four major sports.

RandomGuy
12-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Hear me out....

Don't hold back man. I get the feeling you are trying to tell us something, but are too shy. Go for it.