PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes And Video (And Winning Wall)

duncan228
12-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Video here (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/081220.html).

Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the play of Tony Parker - “Tony orchestrated a wonderful game. It’s tough for a point guard between scoring and getting others involved. He made great decisions and spear-headed the win for us.”

On the play of Tim Duncan - “Timmy was great down the stretch. He played good defense all night. Down the stretch he played good defense and scored in a variety of ways.”

On the shooting tonight - “Things are always easier when you make shots. One or two of those (shots) in New Orleans would have been great, but that’s the game. When you make shots, things come more simply.”

On the play of Kurt Thomas - “Kurt was really good. He did a good job on (Jermaine) O’Neal and (Chris) Bosh. He hit the boards and gave us some solid minutes.”

Tony Parker

On the game - “We had a very tough night against Orlando. I was anxious to get back home and back on the court. I had trouble sleeping after our lost to Orlando but that’s the beauty of the NBA; the next game always comes quick. Tonight’s game gave me an opportunity to bounce back and be aggressive.”

“We had a very rough start tonight. I think everyone was still in shopping mode when this game started. We had good defense tonight and I think we defended Jermaine O’Neal and Chris Bosh very well. The good defense allowed us open shot opportunities.”

“I knew tonight was going to be my night. I played so bad in Orlando so I knew I had to be aggressive tonight. We also had a very disappointing loss against New Orleans. All in all we had a very tough back to back road trip. I couldn’t wait to come back home and defend our court for a nice Christmas. We have two more games over the holiday and hopefully we can take care of business and get some wins.”

Roger Mason

On the game - “I think the night started with Tony Parker. Tony was able to share the ball early and the entire team was able to play unselfish basketball and take the open shot.”

“The Raptors are a very talented team. They have two very good big men and they have player that know how to shot the basketball. As a team we really want to limit the amount of Raptor possessions tonight. Down the stretch we were able to control the game defensively.”

“I think the biggest thing tonight was our ability to move the ball. When you move the ball well it’s harder for teams to defend us and that helps our shot opportunities.”

Head Coach Jay Triano

Opening Statement - "It‘s tough to be a team like that. I thought for the most part we did a pretty good job, Tony Parker is the guy who leads the league in points in the paint and we did a pretty good job in keeping him out. We forced the ball in the perimeter and they made shots. Pretty awesome display of shooting as they took 35 shots, but they’re a good three-point shooting team and we had to give up something and we rolled the dice and they made threes.”

On making them go to the outside - “Yeah, we help each other and protect the paint as we took away lay-ups and dunks and for the most part we did a good job with that but they shot the ball pretty well. They‘re a very good team as they share the basketball, move the basketball well, and we can learn from that.”

On Tim Duncan’s performance - “They rest him wisely, use him wisely, and when they need a bucket they know where to go. He’s a guy that has delivered in the past for them and tonight he made tough buckets too. We couldn’t have contested or gotten any closer than we were.”

On the ball movement of the Raptors - “I liked what we did tonight, there were a lot of positives for us as we got the ball inside and that’s probably why the assists did not show up tonight. Our goal was to get the ball inside to Chris and Jermaine and score easy buckets and score from the inside-out, and we didn’t really get stopped going inside so we really never had to go to the other part of it.”

On Spurs not doubling Jermaine O’Neal and Chris Bosh - “Jermaine had the night that he did because of that. I think in the fourth quarter, like they did in the past, they started to double Chris and we got to pass the ball out. I like what we did offensively tonight as I always like to make more shots but I thought we moved the basketball well.”

Jermaine ONeal

On the game - “Those guys just really seemed to make a lot of timely threes. Every time we would stop them it seemed like they would come back on the next possession with a three. You have to play them tough inside cause you don’t want to give up easy lay-ups but that opens it up to threes”

“I’m a little sore but you just have to fight through that. I expected to be coming in. You have to give up your body and expect to have bumps and bruises. You just have to gauge that and give everything you can give.”

“They just play such great team defense and match up so well. Tony can turn those corners so quick and can hurt you in so many ways. I though we did a good job as a team on defense as well thought. It was just, when we didn’t score, they did…and it was mostly threes”

Chris Bosh

On the game - “They were great from the outside tonight. You just have to believe that eventually they are going to miss those shots and we are going to get those rebounds. We kept them out of the paint and that is what we wanted to do. It’s just tough when they make threes like that. We did a good job boxing out and those rebound just ended up going over our heads, like that was just the fate of the ball. It’s tough but you have to stay in it and realize those things are going to turn.”

“No question it’s frustrating. To try this hard and come up short; no question it hurts. We want it so badly so it’s pretty tough. Of course you want to stay positive but results are results. I’d rather win. But at the same time you gotta believe better days are coming.”

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_081220.html

duncan228
12-21-2008, 02:37 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wallpaper_081220_1024.jpg

Timmy
12-21-2008, 03:51 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wallpaper_081220_1024.jpg
:hat:downspin:

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2008, 04:12 AM
did you guys boo bosh like raptors do at home?

oh shit is that a danny fortson slimmed down? :D

Spur-Addict
12-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Turn that Toronto jersey to a S.A jersey.