PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the #1 pick?

IronMexican
12-21-2008, 05:03 AM
There seem to be a lot of Lions fans here, so who do you think should be the #1 pick? The most likely Options are Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Andre Smith and Micheal Oher. Who should it be?

dirk4mvp
12-21-2008, 05:05 AM
The Lions are looking forward to working with Percy Harvin.

J.T.
12-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Hopefully Detroit is dumb enough to only look at Bradford's stats when they draft him and not look at the reality, which is that Bradford's coach graduated from the Bill Belichick School of Running Up the Score, and that Bradford plays in a conference with some of the weakest defenses...and the one school Bradford played against with a respectable defense, he lost to (soon to be two losses).

Oh and there's that whole Heisman = NFL bust thing to consider to. But this is the Lions we're talking about.

MajorMike
12-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Stafford will be drafted ahead of Bradford. Not saying it is or isn't the way it should be, it just will be.

stretch
12-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Stafford will be drafted ahead of Bradford. Not saying it is or isn't the way it should be, it just will be.

1. Stafford sucks.

2. Bradford isn't going into the draft.

3. Anyone who thinks Stafford will amount to anything in the NFL is fucking retarded.

stretch
12-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Besides, given the Lions history, they would probably go after Crabtree... another reciever.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Drafting a QB early would be fucking retarded. I'd rather them pick up a guy like Nate Davis with one of their 3rds.

Besides, I think Orlovsky has surprised many in the starts he's had. While he won't lead them to the playoffs, Orlo's good enough to start for a year while they let a mid round QB get accustomed to the NFL, build the OL and defense.

I don't like OT #1 overall in a draft class deep at he position. Ideally, they'd trade down a few spots and land a guy like Curry.

Duff McCartney
12-21-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm an Oklahoma fan but I think any team that picks Bradford before the 3rd round would be wasting a pick. I personally don't see anything about him that I think he'll be a good-great QB in the NFL.

Him winning the Heisman even sealed the deal for me.

to21
12-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Lions are going with another WR.......

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Wow, the same "Lions are going with a WR" joke has already been made about 5 times in this thread.

But that was Matt Millen and not the Lions as an organization. I know shit about college football so I can't say who they are gonna pick.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-21-2008, 01:40 PM
I read a decent piece on ESPN.com that said the Lions should try and get some package of picks for the No. 1. It's not like they're going to find a season-changer (unless Jesus Christ declares) at the top spot, so get some package of picks and develop.

jack sommerset
12-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Lions REALLY ought to trade this pick or take a defensive player. Offensive is hit or miss especially QBs. Lions should be scared to have this considering there past.

IronMexican
12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Lions should go for DL or OL. Orkapo would be smart to grab before KC gets them or Andre Smith. I am hoping Stafford and Bradford declare, because it would leave us with a linemen.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Despite the possibility that his team could finish 0-16 this season, Lions owner William Clay Ford made it clear that there will not be a complete house-cleaning in the off-season.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/12/ford_new_hire_might_not_fill_t.html

Well, this news means that it doesn't really matter. How can you be this stupid as an owner? Fuck you Ford. The only hope for this franchise is your death.

Fucking pathetic...

Slinkyman
12-21-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/12/ford_new_hire_might_not_fill_t.html

Well, this news means that it doesn't really matter. How can you be this stupid as an owner? Fuck you Ford. The only hope for this franchise is your death.

Fucking pathetic...

Maybe he's hoping the government will bailout the lions as well?

Dr. Gonzo
12-21-2008, 05:15 PM
I thought the Lions were in the middle of a house cleaning.