PDA

View Full Version : Rate your Spurs thread.

Chieflion
12-21-2008, 08:31 AM
From what you have seen up till now in this season rate your Spurs according to the expectations of their performance.

Tim Duncan: A grade. The guy hasn't slowed down yet and still plays consistent basketball and held the Spurs together during a stretch where Parker and Ginobili were out. He also leads the Spurs in rebounds and

Tony Parker: A- grade. He gave the Spurs a lift in the Timberwolves overtime game but went down with an injury the game after that. His comeback up till now was not that impressive till the Raptor's game. He leads the team in scoring.

Manu Ginobili: A+ grade. Coming off a return from an ankle injury, Ginobili is posting up 16/4.6/3.5. He is shooting at a higher clip than his last season. After starting four games, Ginobili went back to the bench to give the Spurs some firepower. Although his turnovers really bug Spurs fans sometimes, his scoring more than makes up for this.

Matt Bonner: A+ grade. Spurs fans thought he was going to be in the doghouse for life. He exceeded everyone's expectations and is leading the league in 3 point percentage shooting 37/75 at a clip of 49.3%, hurt by his game against the Hornets.

Michael Finley: B grade. When he is hot, he is hot. When he is cold, urgh. He has done better in wins than losses. He currently averages 10 points per game for the Spurs.

Roger Mason: A grade. Biggest FA steal this offseason arguably. Shooting at an 47% clip from 3, Spurs fans want Mason to shoot more. Rightfully so, in the top 25 3 point percentage shooters, none shoot as much 3 pointers as Roger Mason.

Bruce Bowen: B+ grade. Now a bench player as a situational defender, Bowen now comes in to provide defense against premier wing players but has not played much. He still has the shot going from three. Hitting 14 on 33 attempts from 3.

George Hill: A grade. One of the steals of the draft. In limited minutes, Hill plays defense well and provides a spark off the bench. Spurs fans want him to develop well and steal some of Parker and Ginobili's minutes to give them more rest for the playoffs.

Kurt Thomas: A- grade. In November, he was non-existent. Come December, this guy is playing defense well for the 2nd unit. He is working hard on the boards though his scoring still needs a bit more work.

Fabricio Oberto: B- grade. Sorry, one of the guys has to take the hurt, and he is currently injured. He is not the offense the Spurs want and the weak defense does not really help either.

Ime Udoka: C+ grade. The new Spur in the doghouse playing mostly only in garbage time. He cannot improve much. He is 32 and undersized for a forward.

Jacque Vaughn: B- grade. He is at least helping out George Hill in terms of development and plays in garbage time.

It is your turn now, Spurs fans.

Spur-Addict
12-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I'll go by position.

PG. A

SG. A

SF. C+

PF. A+

C. C

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Tim Duncan: A+..can't ask for anymore..there aren't many guys in the NBA that could have led us to the record we had with a supporting cast where Roger Mason is the 2nd best player..

Tony Parker: B+..has had some dominant stretches, but mixed in with some inconsistency..

Manu Ginobili: B-..his stats are similar, but he doesn't look completely healthy yet..he's still making too many bad decisions and doesn't look as quick..he'll surely get better as the season continues..

Matt Bonner: A..what more can he do?..

Michael Finley: B-..he's actually been a good surprise..he still looks like "Bad Finley" a lot, but he's much better than he was last year..

Bruce Bowen: B-..it's hard to grade him, because he's being reserved for the playoffs, and seems to only play against teams with a good swingman..he's lost a step, but he's still one of the best defenders in the NBA..

George Hill: A-..looking good and will continue to get better this year..

Roger Mason: A..can't expect much more out of him, especially since he's still adapting to this system and players..

Jacque Vaughn: D+..he would get an F based on his on-court production, but I give him points for mentoring Hill and for the fact that he's a great hustle guy..

Kurt Thomas: B-..rising from his poor start..

Fab Oberto: C-..still isn't aggressive at all..he's still a great passer, but looks weak everywhere else..

Ime Udoka: F..

ploto
12-21-2008, 12:30 PM
You must grade on a curve.

de Soto
12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Tim Duncan: A

He gets the big bucks for a reason.

Tony Parker: C

All over the place. Seems at times unmotivated and unsure of himself. Much improvement is needed if the Spurs are to get their 5th.

Manu Ginobili: B

Performs generally to justify his pay. Expect him to ramp it up in playoffs.

Michael Finley: B

Streaky but getting better, it seems.

Roger Mason: A

Earns his keep when gets the minutes. Great acquisition.

Bruce Bowen: B

Can still defend but isn't getting the minutes, it seems. Slowing down.

George Hill: A grade.

See Mason comments.

Kurt Thomas: B

Good 2nd stringer. Lately.

Fabricio Oberto: C

Not a factor consistently.

Ime Udoka: D

Ho-hum.

Jacque Vaughn: C

Ummm...OK, I guess.

timtonymanu
12-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Tim Duncan:A+ ....He's been very consistent and plays well even though he plays too much.

Tony Parker:A- ....He's still the best PG we had, but he's had some very bad games after his injury and some good games.

Manu Ginobili: A ....Manu is still working on getting healthier. his to's and shot decisions are bringing him down, but he's had some good games for us.

Matt Bonner:B+ .... I give him a B+ since he started out the season so bad, but Bonner has been the best bigman aside from Timmy for the Spurs. I thought we'd seen the last of him but he's proved everyone wrong. My only worries is that if he's enough to help us beat the better teams.

Michael Finley:B- .... There's times when I love him, there's times when I hate him. However, he looks alot better than he did last season. It turned out to be a blessing we kept him instead of Barry. I dislike how he's given Mason's minutes though.

Roger Mason Jr.:B+ .... If given the minutes, he'll be playing alot better. He saved our team from being completely bad in the standings without Tony and Manu. Great 3 pt shooter and should be the 4th option come playoff time. Steal of the FA. We dont need Maggette.

Bruce Bowen: B- .... Bruce has lost a step and is now a bench player, but he's still one of the best defenders in the NBA and can still hit that corner 3. Wish he would start over Finley though.

George Hill:B+ .... Like Mason, if he were given minutes he do well. definitely a steal from the draft and is already the best backup PG we had behind Parker. His rebounding for a PG is amazing and he's quickly learning. Like Mason, he saved us from a bad record.

Kurt Thomas: C+ .... The guy started out the season looking like he was done. However as of late, he's been rebounding better and shooting better. Looking like the Thomas we signed last February.

Fabricio Oberto: D- .... Lost his starting role and has been playing horrible. His number have dropped in all categories. Could be due to his injury so maybe he'll play alot better when healthy.

Ime Udoka: D+ .... IMO, the most disappointing Spur this year. He's been in the doghouse like he should be. I still have faith in him, but not much. He played way better last year and hopefully he will pick up his game.

Jacque Vaughn: D- ... He'd get an F if it werent for him mentoring Hill.

Anthony Tolliver: C- .... Tolliver's had some pretty good games, but he's been in Austin lately. and his 3pt shooting sucks.

Ian Mahinmi: F .... just for taking forever to come back.

Josepatches_
12-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Tony Parker: A- grade. He gave the Spurs a lift in the Timberwolves overtime game but went down with an injury the game after that. His comeback up till now was not that impressive till the Raptor's game. He leads the team in scoring.

It's not important but TD leads the team in scoring

ducks
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM

All over the place. Seems at times unmotivated and unsure of himself. Much improvement is needed if the Spurs are to get their 5th

wtf

stéphane
12-21-2008, 06:56 PM

All over the place. Seems at times unmotivated and unsure of himself. Much improvement is needed if the Spurs are to get their 5th

wtf

:rollin
The guy rolled an ankle and lead the team in assist and scoring (good % and good assist to turnover ratio) and some still say he's not motivated...
ST is priceless.

Bender
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Manu Ginobili: A+ grade.
no way jose.

Manu Ginobili: B-

Manu Ginobili: B
that's more like it.

Chieflion
12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, Ginobili is doing better than what his salary makes him do.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-21-2008, 11:43 PM
As a whole the team gets a B+.

They are slowly learning to play with each other, building chemistry, and I have a really good feeling about them. I think that they'll make their usual run in March, and after that it's all up to health and the bounce of the ball.

jag
12-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, Ginobili is doing better than what his salary makes him do.

What an ignorant statement. He makes $10 mil a year.

Chieflion
12-22-2008, 02:03 AM
What an ignorant statement. He makes $10 mil a year.

Find me a player who makes 10 million and plays 29 minutes per game doing what Ginobili is doing so effeciently off the bench.

stéphane
12-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Find me a player who makes 10 million and plays 29 minutes per game doing what Ginobili is doing so effeciently off the bench.

Well, I'm a big Manu fan but if it's right now stats wise, there's a bunch. And quit the bench thing 30mins are still 30mins. It's not like 30mins without all the other starters.
If he's 100% healthy though, there's no other 10M player I'd like to have on my team instead of him.

mrspurs
12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Ill make it easier. Everyone gets an A except Fab, Kurt. Im not gonna waste time grading guys like JV, because he doesnt play much.