PDA

View Full Version : Parker's hibernation finally over?

de Soto
12-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Looked promising. Hopefully Tony's rediscovered enthusiasm for the game continues.:wakeup

ducks
12-21-2008, 02:46 PM
team averaging over 100 points a game in dec

he seems to be running the o fine

most of the spur players this season suck on back to back games

Kori Ellis
12-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Tony and Manu are still getting into game shape. I'm guessing they'll both struggle in back to backs or late in games for the next couple weeks or so til they get their legs and wind all the way back.

But I don't think Tony was ever not "enthusiastic" about trying to win. He stayed up until 6am after the Magic game because he was so pissed off for struggling. That doesn't sound like someone who isn't enthusiastic or doesn't care about winning.

DPG21920
12-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Tony and Manu are still getting into game shape. I'm guessing they'll both struggle in back to backs or late in games for the next couple weeks or so til they get their legs and wind all the way back.

But I don't think Tony was ever not "enthusiastic" about trying to win. He stayed up until 6am after the Magic game because he was so pissed off for struggling. That doesn't sound like someone who isn't enthusiastic or doesn't care about winning.

I was thinking the same thing. It is easy to forget these guys are coming off injuries. When you see them on the court you just expect them to be 110%, and that is just not the case sometimes.

T Park
12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
How anyone can honestly bag on Tony Parker, for all hes done, and for all he does, is a complete tool.

Bagging on him for bad defense or he didn't play well one night, thats one thing.

To question his desire, love for the game, whatever is complete horsecrap.

He loves basketball so much, there was some thought in 02 or so I think after he broke up with his volleyball GF, would he ever get married because he was sooo enthralled with basketball to where it would hurt things.

Fermixalot
12-21-2008, 03:39 PM
How anyone can honestly bag on Tony Parker, for all hes done, and for all he does, is a complete tool.

Bagging on him for bad defense or he didn't play well one night, thats one thing.

Preach on. But people love to hyperbolize (I can make up words if I feel like it) every negative situation to the extreme. Hence the countless trade TP/Manu threads that pop up every time one of them doesn't play a perfect game.

SenorSpur
12-21-2008, 06:03 PM

He loves basketball so much, there was some thought in 02 or so I think after he broke up with his volleyball GF, would he ever get married because he was sooo enthralled with basketball to where it would hurt things.

+2. Every player is entitled to his "off" nights or his in-season slump. That shouldn't immediately translate into the player not caring about his craft. Tony's rep for being a upper-echelon point guard in this league gives him credibility. It's not like he is Jerome James, Eddy Curry or even Joe Barry Carroll.

Josepatches_
12-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Parker was playing well.Only He had an off night against the Magic.

But if you think he had a problem then you don't have to forget we played against the raptors yesterday.One of the worst team right now of the league.So he could make 30-10 but still have a problem.It's not possible to extract conclusions of only one game.Neither bad nor good

anakha
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
It's not possible to extract conclusions of only one game.Neither bad nor good

Tell that to the overreacting posters calling for trades after games.

mrspurs
12-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Like I said. Every player out there except maybe Bonzie Wells loves the game. They love breaking records. They love trophys and rings. And they love the money.