sa_butta
02-25-2005, 07:56 PM
His contract expires this season can we afford to resign
him with Ginobilli and Parkers big contracts kicking in

I would like to keep him but I feel he may be too expensive

what to do?

Kori Ellis
02-25-2005, 08:00 PM
The Spurs have his early bird's rights. Which means they can sign him for up to the league average salary ($5M) even though they don't have any cap room.

ducks
02-25-2005, 08:03 PM
if someone pays more then that they can have him

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Others may offer more, but Devin is a special case -- he's already turned down more guaranteed money to remain a Spur. So many Spurs have signed for less to be here, I don't see how he'd be any different. I suppose it might depend alot on how much pt he wants at that point.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-25-2005, 09:58 PM
he'd be an idiot to turn down a rediculous offer some stupid team might offer

indianspur
02-25-2005, 10:01 PM
he said once in an interview that it would be really difficult for n e one to get him out of SA..

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Again I'll ask everybody.

How much do you think Devin is going to be offerred this summer?

boutons
02-25-2005, 10:11 PM
"he'd be an idiot to turn down a rediculous offer some stupid team might offer"

Pass up millions over the course of a contract elsewhere vs the San Antonio offer?

He's too young NOT to follow the money, esp if he gets a ring this June.

ShoogarBear
02-25-2005, 10:18 PM
If he got a ring, then got an offer to go where he'd get serious money and the chance to play 30 MPG, he's gone.

And I wouldn't blame him.

But I don't think it's going to happen. He's made himself a solid bench player, but I don't think he's turning heads around the league.

Guru of Nothing
02-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Again I'll ask everybody.

How much do you think Devin is going to be offerred this summer?

I don't think teams will be beating a path to sign Devin Brown. As a Spurs fan, I certainly like him, but I don't think many GMs around the league have their eye on him. Without regards to the Spurs salary cap situation, I think Devin is worth Jaren Jackson kind of money.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Denver has a very glaring need at SG and never wanted Devin to leave in the first place. if anyone is going to get Brown, it's them.

His choice.

GoldToe
02-25-2005, 10:43 PM
If Devin plays his cards right he can make a very, very comfortable living as a solid NBA player and go with the best offer he gets. Unless he goes by the "I make a lot of money, so I should spend a lot of money" financial plan.

Devin, like any other player, has his faults but he will have a successful NBA career.

ShoogarBear
02-25-2005, 10:48 PM
The playoffs, of course, could change everything.

c.f., Speedy Claxton.

ducks
02-25-2005, 10:49 PM
did not stephen jackson say he could only play for pop?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-25-2005, 11:57 PM
well great if he will only play for pop then load up the soft drinks because he wont cost anything, three years worht of Dr. Pepper and Brown is signed for life!

maxpower
02-26-2005, 09:35 AM
speedy came to mind also...but you can't blame him for going for the dough...it's what makes the world go around.

missmyzte
02-26-2005, 10:39 AM
I think Devin will re-sign (since he's said at least twice that he will) and will be Bruce Bowen's replacement.

whottt
02-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Devin already has two jerseys retired in San Antonio at his high school and college...I think he wants the trifecta...but I think he is going to want PT. I could actually see him taking a one year deal somewhere ala Jax if he got the opportunity to start...to prove his worth as a starter.

I think we'll lose Devin over PT before money.

T Park
02-26-2005, 11:21 AM
If he has half a brain, hell stay right here.

GoldToe
02-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Again I say a good contract is in Devin's future. It may not be with the Spurs but I think he needs to do what is best for him and his family.

exstatic
02-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I think Devin is exceptionally gifted athletically, and has a great family structure that allows him to accept coaching. It's funny how the Spurs have found players at the far ends of the Earth, and right here at home. The player that Devin most reminds me of is Malik Rose. He's strong as an ox, and has a nose for the ball. Barring injury, Devin should have a good run in the NBA. He's a coaches player.

SequSpur
02-26-2005, 03:18 PM
RC is in charge of this. None of you are experts at this, so leave it to him.

You all need to pull out your pom poms and get ready to cheer. Its almost time for the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
02-26-2005, 03:29 PM
You all need to pull out your pom poms and get ready to cheer. Its almost time for the playoffs.

http://www.mailbling.com/sequcheer.jpg

SequSpur
02-26-2005, 03:30 PM
:lol

:flipoff

bigbendbruisebrother
02-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I think Devin is exceptionally gifted athletically, and has a great family structure that allows him to accept coaching. It's funny how the Spurs have found players at the far ends of the Earth, and right here at home. The player that Devin most reminds me of is Malik Rose. He's strong as an ox, and has a nose for the ball. Barring injury, Devin should have a good run in the NBA. He's a coaches player.

Agreed.

exstatic
02-26-2005, 04:17 PM
That girly man is WAY too tall to be Sequ. :lmao

SequSpur
02-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey, I finally have bangs!