PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
97-86 win over Wizards for our beloved Mavs.

Singleton's play was nice.

Beautiful basketball by the Mavs in the 4th after a turnover laden and brick filled first 3.

But again, it was against the Wizards.

Dirk didn't play the final 6 or so minutes, odd... but I don't mind him resting considering how many minutes he's playing this year.

Nothing to take away from this game. Ill be okay with where the team is at if we take care of business against the Grizz, and split @ Portland @ utah... we still need an infusion of talent.

endrity
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Here's Josh's statline for today

J. Howard G 27:16 7-14 0-4 3-4 +9 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 2 17

No rebounds, no steals, no assists, no blocks, two turnovers! Lazy piece of shit he has become!

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Yep. pretty much.

How about Singleton's statline today. 8 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals...great statline for Singleton, I like the effort he brings to the table.

If he could play like that with consistency Bass would be more expendable.

endrity
12-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Definetely, because as much as I love Bass he suffers from the same problem as Josh: low basketball IQ. If he learned to play a little more TEAM basketball Bass could be a really good player, but he hasn't developed much of that.

mffl89
12-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Yep. pretty much.

How about Singleton's statline today. 8 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals...great statline for Singleton, I like the effort he brings to the table.

If he could play like that with consistency Bass would be more expendable.

BTW, why didn't Bass play tonight?
And anyone know why Damp only played 17 minutes even though he had 12 rebounds?

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure, Carlisle may have felt it was a bad matchup.

That is one concerning thing though, what is our "identity"? who are the Mavs?

our 3rd option doesn't even play in the 4th?

Our 2nd option is also our 6th man?

Too many substitution pattern adjustments... I thought that was a problem with Avery last year... we need to find a regular rotation... it could very well be possible that we won't see Singleton for a few weeks, even after his game tonight.. although I think he's earned PT.

We saw it with Wright a few weeks ago, now he's never on the court... Gerald Green too... etc.

Findog
12-21-2008, 08:50 PM
I liked Josh when he was a 15/7 guy that was all hustle and heart...as the #2 option that just chucks up jumpers, he fucking sucks.

Findog
12-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Is Devin Harris' cock so cockgobblingly delicious that Josh can't play well without it? Trade him to Jersey for Vince already.

sribb43
12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
So what the hell happened to Wright? He and Green are hidden deep on the bench

sribb43
12-21-2008, 09:10 PM
James Singleton is a great energy guy off the bench...he is not a guy you should start but some games he can come off the bench and do what he did today

No one on this team besides Dirk, Kidd and JET should be allowed to shoot 3's

Mavs shoot 35-57 on 2's and 5-30 on 3's....WTF keep taking the ball inside the 3 point line, the Wiz have no bigs, its not the fucking hard

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I hate how terrible we are from behind the arc, it was especially noticeable this game... but it has been a problem all year.

We don't get to the line often, we don't get many points in the break, and we aren't efficient behind the arc.

Our bread and butter is fast break points and long 2's... fast break points don't work in the playoffs, and a long 2 pt jump shot is about the most inefficient way to score in basketball, which is why the Mavs are 14th in offense.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I hate how terrible we are from behind the arc, it was especially noticeable this game... but it has been a problem all year.

We don't get to the line often, we don't get many points in the break, and we aren't efficient behind the arc.

Our bread and butter is fast break points and long 2's... fast break points don't work in the playoffs, and a long 2 pt jump shot is about the most inefficient way to score in basketball, which is why the Mavs are 14th in offense.

You guys are that bad behind the arc? I figured Dirk and Terry would help behind the arc, and I think if Kidd gets his feet set, he is much deadlier from 3 than people give him credit for.

Ghazi
12-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Kidd's good... Terry and Dirk are good but not as good as 2-3 years ago... J-Ho completely forgot to shoot 3's.

Most teams have a good shooter or two coming off bench, Mavs can't say that.

Statistically we were 22nd in the league coming into today shooting 33.9%

3-PT shooting isn't necessary to win, but combine that with all of the other Mavs flaws and you have a mediocre basketball product. Don't wanna live and die by the 3, but the Mavs need to utilize the 3 ball as an effective part of their arsenal... but t's hard because the stagnant offensive flow doesn't create that many great looks and we just aren't a very good 3-PT shooting team... even though we're best in the league at shooting long 2 PT jumpers (Terry/Dirk).

We need to get a shooter on this team!

Chieflion
12-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Do the Mavericks miss Michael Finley?

Findog
12-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Do the Mavericks miss Michael Finley?

Do the Spurs miss Chuck Person?

Brickhouse
12-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I still feel like this team is BETTER without JHo.

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Nobody should give a shit about a game like this any more.

The Mavs can clean up against shitty teams, but they'll always fail in any game that actually means something. And it will stay like that until the team gets a complete makeover. Starting with Dirk.

Cry all you want about how great Dirk is, and how he's probably a top 10 MVP candidate, and third in the league in scoring, and how he can come back from a high ankle sprain freakishly quick. He also can't lead a team for shit and brings an attitude of mental softness that permeates the entire organization.

You can't win with a guy like Dirk as your #1. It's been proven for half a decade now. Reboot the system and try again.

Indazone
12-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Reality is a bitch isn't it?

Get a new owner and get a legit big man and I might start to respect the Mavs.

SmellyFeet
12-22-2008, 12:49 AM

Comcast, biatch!!

dirk4mvp
12-22-2008, 12:51 AM

I think more nba fans would respect the rockets if their top 2 players weren't also the 2 biggest pussies in the league.

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 12:52 AM

Are you an angry man, Henry? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough money that I can get away from everyone. I see the worst in people. I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need. I've built my hatreds up over the years, little by little, Henry... to have you here gives me a second breath. I can't keep doing this on my own with these... people.

Indazone
12-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Comcast, biatch!!

:lol

Try again

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/digitalforest/Funny/Epic_Fail.jpg (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/digitalforest/Funny/Epic_Fail.jpg)

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 12:54 AM

Try again

http://api.ning.com/files/qROIcyYjntrm4n3eu0-EeNMLsRO2BXPjDg9Z1Tz69R3mNsjrJXTcIct*cMpKltbUxbdnf j6IQXaW9TNaYcB5JHMen-5Png51/EpicFail.jpg

Try again

dirk4mvp

Try again

http://api.ning.com/files/qROIcyYjntrm4n3eu0-EeNMLsRO2BXPjDg9Z1Tz69R3mNsjrJXTcIct*cMpKltbUxbdnf j6IQXaW9TNaYcB5JHMen-5Png51/EpicFail.jpg

did you just fail trying to post a fail pic?

monosylab1k
did you just fail trying to post a fail pic?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SmellyFeet
12-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Comcast fail, biatch.

Indazone
12-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Mavs still suck :lmao

N3yMj9Ov1PE

monosylab1k
12-22-2008, 01:06 AM

N3yMj9Ov1PE

I do my own drilling and the men that work for me, work for me and they are men I know. I make it my business to be there and see to their work. I don't lose my tools in the hole and spend months fishing for them; I don't botch the cementing off and let water in the hole and ruin the whole lease. I'm a family man- I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W. Plainview.

Ghazi
12-22-2008, 03:46 AM
I hope we see some more of Singleton from here on out, there's just something i like about the guy... evre since that HUGE block against the Grizzlies.

sribb43
12-22-2008, 08:22 AM

N3yMj9Ov1PE

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
PaYTyqWtFw8
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

timvp
12-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Kenny Smith on NBATV was ripping the Mavs continuously. I don't like the Mavs and even I thought some of his shots were low blows. Has he been a Mav hater since Cuban owned him a few years ago?

P.S.

The Wizards are amazingly horrible now that they start Mike James at point guard. I'm convinced they are starting James to make sure they suck and stay high in the lottery race.

Findog
12-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Are you an angry man, Henry? Are you envious? Do you get envious? I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people. There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking. I want to earn enough money that I can get away from everyone. I see the worst in people. I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need. I've built my hatreds up over the years, little by little, Henry... to have you here gives me a second breath. I can't keep doing this on my own with these... people.

There Will Be Playoff Exits to Dallas.

Findog
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Kenny Smith on NBATV was ripping the Mavs continuously. I don't like the Mavs and even I thought some of his shots were low blows. Has he been a Mav hater since Cuban owned him a few years ago?

Last year he was ripping Dirk and it didn't even make sense - calling him a non-rebounding big man...I thought 9 boards for a 7-footer was about average. When did Cuban "own" him?

The Harris trade is looking more and more like the NBA's version of the Herschel Walker deal, but I agree Kenny Smith's criticism falls into the "hater" category.

Findog
12-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I do my own drilling and the men that work for me, work for me and they are men I know. I make it my business to be there and see to their work. I don't lose my tools in the hole and spend months fishing for them; I don't botch the cementing off and let water in the hole and ruin the whole lease. I'm a family man- I run a family business. This is my son and my partner, H.W. Plainview.

There Will Be Arrests of Rafer Alston.