PDA

View Full Version : What happened with the losses?

Yorae
12-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I just came back from you know what. Uhm what happened? Are the losses really bad or chemistry problem?

honestfool84
12-21-2008, 08:34 PM
i don't know what, tell me.

Chieflion
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Offensive droughts.

Yorae
12-21-2008, 08:51 PM
i don't know what, tell me.

I'm a bit busy with my wedding this past few days so I really honestly didn't know what happened....

porscha
12-21-2008, 09:18 PM
it seems like we lost games more when it's aired on national broadcast,
wonder why we all think we never got the media attention
a lots of people don't even get to see Spurs a lot,,and when they do.....:bang:bang:bang

ILoveOranges
12-21-2008, 11:14 PM
During the Hornets game, the Spurs stifled New Orleans on defense, and outscored them up until around mid-way through the fourth quarter. The Spurs, all game long, missed wide open three pointers, and it was an off night for the shooters. In all, they shot 39%. It wasn't that the Hornets played good defense; I felt their defense was rather lacking. The Spurs just weren't hitting ridiculously wide-open shots. Which they had alot of, by the way. A whole lot. So, when they Hornets got hot, and hit what felt about three consecutive threes, the Spurs lead pretty much dwindled to nothing, and they flat out didn't have the energy to finish out the game. Bummer.

Against the Magic. Well, they were tired. Tony's fatigue was especially noticeable, and he seemed to be scared to drive due to the Magic's inside presence. But as a team, the Spurs were playing pretty abhorrently. Not much to be said there.

I think both games, more than anything, were lost due to fatigue. The Spurs just ran out of gas.

ducks
12-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Offensive droughts.

all tp fault just ask st posters

Yorae
12-21-2008, 11:41 PM
During the Hornets game, the Spurs stifled New Orleans on defense, and outscored them up until around mid-way through the fourth quarter. The Spurs, all game long, missed wide open three pointers, and it was an off night for the shooters. In all, they shot 39%. It wasn't that the Hornets played good defense; I felt their defense was rather lacking. The Spurs just weren't hitting ridiculously wide-open shots. Which they had alot of, by the way. A whole lot. So, when they Hornets got hot, and hit what felt about three consecutive threes, the Spurs lead pretty much dwindled to nothing, and they flat out didn't have the energy to finish out the game. Bummer.

Against the Magic. Well, they were tired. Tony's fatigue was especially noticeable, and he seemed to be scared to drive due to the Magic's inside presence. But as a team, the Spurs were playing pretty abhorrently. Not much to be said there.

I think both games, more than anything, were lost due to fatigue. The Spurs just ran out of gas.

Thanks man!:toast

MarHill
12-22-2008, 12:14 AM
I just came back from you know what. Uhm what happened? Are the losses really bad or chemistry problem?

It's an 82 game season and the Spurs have always had some bad losses.

Especially the Hornets game ( I felt they should have won!!)

Anyway...the road trip was disappointing but it's still December and they still have some things to work on!!

:flag:

de Soto
12-22-2008, 01:51 PM

Good opponents. That simple. Anyone can beat Memphis and Toronto.

Johnny RIngo
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Good opponents. That simple. Anyone can beat Memphis and Toronto.

Yup. Spurs are 5-9 vs .500 teams. In comparison, the Celtics are 10-1 and the Lakers are 9-3. It comes down to squad depth. A team like the Lakers and Celtics would have won that NO game since their squad is deep enough so that they don't have to worry about scoring droughts. Spurs don't have that luxury and are prone to blowing big leads.

sonic21
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
cia pop, we'll lose 75% of the games aired on national tv

SpursDynasty
12-22-2008, 02:56 PM

We didn't necessarily play bad...we just didn't make our shots and they did.

bdictjames
12-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Do you expect the Spurs to win 70 games?

Manufan909
12-22-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm a bit busy with my wedding this past few days so I really honestly didn't know what happened....

It's all good, honestfool likes to be a smartass more often than not.

Yorae
12-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Well, I really don't know coz I am actually very busy on those days. Thanks for the info anyway. Oh and please don't over react. I am really just asking what happened. I don't expect anything or any type of bs. Chill.

mrspurs
12-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Yup. Spurs are 5-9 vs .500 teams. In comparison, the Celtics are 10-1 and the Lakers are 9-3. It comes down to squad depth. A team like the Lakers and Celtics would have won that NO game since their squad is deep enough so that they don't have to worry about scoring droughts. Spurs don't have that luxury and are prone to blowing big leads.

Well said. But I think with time Roger and our new center Matt will improve the bench. Im really liking the way Matt has been playing. Keep him plugging away is what I say. The more time Matt is out there the better it is for him.

CubanMustGo
12-23-2008, 10:55 AM
all tp fault just ask st posters

http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif

rascal
12-23-2008, 11:19 AM

This is a clear sign that the spurs are no where near a championship team this year. Unless the spurs are beating the above .500 teams like the other top teams in the league forget about a title this year.

kaji157
12-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Pop is giving a lot of space to the role players, a thing that Lakers and Celtics donīt.

Role players are good against bad teams, and will fail most of the timmes against good opponents.
Usually the spurs start rolling when TD and Manu are more involved, TP is usuallly involved because he is the PG and has the ball from the start.