Mem
Mil
@Mem
Phil*
@Mia
LAC
Orl

including two b2bs (asterisked).

We really should go 8-2 against that kind of schedule. Time to really cement ourselves in the top 4 in the West. It should be good watchin'.

:D

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I would love a Suns victory on Thursday but the last thing the Suns need is to think they are now better than the Spurs and put them in the back of their mind, I can't wait for Thursday, and I don't think it's fair to the Spurs that Phoenix gets a whole week off, but it means the Suns have no excuses for why they should lose.

pawe
12-22-2008, 10:59 PM
...hoping for a 10-0. Start 2009 with a win boys!
Only team i didnt like to be there is the Bucks. For some reason, they always have the Spurs' number.

Reck
12-22-2008, 11:04 PM
PHX one will be a hard game.

it's me
12-22-2008, 11:13 PM

Steve?

pawe
12-22-2008, 11:16 PM

It'll be interesting watching Hill guard Nash / Barbosa.
With all the weapons we have, I just hope our offense wont bog down again.

Indazone
12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking the Spurs can go 8-2 down that stretch.

tp2021
12-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Now that they have J-Rich, the Spurs have someone to sic Bruce on.:ihit:ihit:ihit

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Now that they have J-Rich, the Spurs have someone to sic Bruce on.:ihit:ihit:ihit

I know everyone is laughing at Grant Hill, but if Bowen is not guarding him he will have a good game, not saying Phoenix will win, just saying Hill will have a good game if Bowen is not guarding him. Given the Suns' issues with Nash off the floor and Pop's ability maximize those issues, I still don't see how Phoenix wins given the backup PG problem. Whenever Barbosa tries to play PG versus the Spurs it's a disaster for the Suns.

tomtom
12-22-2008, 11:59 PM
orlando won't be easy...

pawe
12-23-2008, 12:04 AM
orlando won't be easy...

They just got the spurs on a bad schedule. Nelson wont score that easily again on them.

Reck
12-23-2008, 12:07 AM
They just got the spurs on a bad schedule. Nelson wont score that easily again on them.

That plus the Spurs could not make a basket if their lifes depended on it.

bigfan
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
This is when we need to move up; just PHX and ORL look rough. Step on the gas, Pop.

Spurminator
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
The Suns game is a nationally televised day game. We'll lose by 20.

it's me
12-23-2008, 12:11 AM
That plus the Spurs could not make a basket if their lifes depended on it.

That plus your are not a Spurs fan.

Reck
12-23-2008, 12:12 AM
That plus your are not a Spurs fan.

That plus you're an imbecile.:toast

itzsoweezee
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
i don't really care about the other games, i just want to see the spurs beat the suns and the magic.

xellos88330
12-23-2008, 03:03 AM
I think going 10-0 is feasable. Most likely for a 9-1 though.

Manufan909
12-23-2008, 03:55 AM
Better be a 12 game win streak after these games, I can accept a loss to Phoenix... but only if there mascot sets the court on fire at halftime. I need my Spurs to look good in fron of my family, since they're all Rockets fans(those who actually watch the nba anyways).

Rogue
12-23-2008, 06:54 AM
We are gonna win all these 10 games in a row if we can defeat Phoenix on the road to the 10 winning streak. Phoenix has developed a lot since they got Richardson through a trade with bobcats. For sure Pop know that Phoenix is not a easy opponent so there's no need for us to remind him, he will make the result as best as it could be.

But in this league, anyteam can beat anyteam. No matter which team is gonna win the game it's solid that it's gonna be a very close game, and the result of the game partially depends on the luck.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Only team i didnt like to be there is the Bucks. For some reason, they always have the Spurs' number.

Well said, sir. They do seem to have us by the balls. :lol

Pointing out the Bucks from that list means you truly know your Spurs. :toast

6-1 at this point, 3 to play. I still reckon we'll go 8-2, losing to either Miami over there or Orlando here.

peskypesky
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
7-3

honestfool84
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Well said, sir. They do seem to have us by the balls. :lol

Pointing out the Bucks from that list means you truly know your Spurs. :toast

6-1 at this point, 3 to play. I still reckon we'll go 8-2, losing to either Miami over there or Orlando here.

i think we can go 3-0 and finish 9-1.

manufor3
01-04-2009, 10:05 PM
worst 6-4 best 10-0

honestfool84
01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
worst 6-4 best 10-0

it's impossible for us to go 10-0; we already lost to the bucks.

however i do think it is feasible to go 9-1.

gingerwave
01-04-2009, 10:18 PM
PHX will be tough and there always seems to be one or two let downs.

Juanobili
01-04-2009, 10:23 PM

wasn't that tough :P

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-04-2009, 10:24 PM

We beat them on X-mas day. :D

I started this thread on the 23rd of December. ;)

Ditty
01-04-2009, 11:49 PM

were u been have u even celebrated christmas?

are we still in 2008?

wow it must of been a dream for roger mason to make a buzzer beater damn

:bang

John_C
01-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Somehow I just feel we have not really won that much against West powerhouses and what i really would like to see there is a win against the Suns and the Magic, and go at least 6-4 on the schedule. If they get that, then getting more than 6 wins would be a bonus for me.

exstatic
01-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Somehow I just feel we have not really won that much against West powerhouses and what i really would like to see there is a win against the Suns and the Magic, and go at least 6-4 on the schedule. If they get that, then getting more than 6 wins would be a bonus for me.

Do you read original posts? Do you follow the Spurs at all? They are already 6-1 on that 10 game list from the first post. This thread was started on 22 December.

Fucking people here are SO pessimistic.

T Park
01-05-2009, 01:23 AM
spoiled and don;t know how it was to root for the spurs during the bad times.

Simple as that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2009, 04:03 AM
spoiled and don;t know how it was to root for the spurs during the bad times.

Simple as that.

Nah, I think ST is just attracting more casual fans, which is a good thing for the site as some of them will contribute great things, but others won't which will annoy the old regulars... ;)

Also, dredging up old threads does confuse people sometimes.

C'est la vie. :lol

m33p0
01-05-2009, 04:09 AM
We are gonna win all these 10 games in a row if we can defeat Phoenix on the road to the 10 winning streak. Phoenix has developed a lot since they got Richardson through a trade with bobcats. For sure Pop know that Phoenix is not a easy opponent so there's no need for us to remind him, he will make the result as best as it could be.

But in this league, anyteam can beat anyteam. No matter which team is gonna win the game it's solid that it's gonna be a very close game, and the result of the game partially depends on the luck.
you do know that the guy in your avatar is openly gay, right?

Manufan909
01-05-2009, 04:29 AM
you do know that the guy in your avatar is openly gay, right?

You do know that he is a badass actor, and that doesn't matter, right? Please tell me that post was a lame attempt at being a smart ass, cuz it seemed to scream HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!! Just wondering, cuz I want to give you the benefit of the doubt(I'm going to assume you were sleep deprived/drunk/high).

m33p0
01-05-2009, 07:02 AM
You do know that he is a badass actor, and that doesn't matter, right? Please tell me that post was a lame attempt at being a smart ass, cuz it seemed to scream HOMOPHOBE!!!!!!!!! Just wondering, cuz I want to give you the benefit of the doubt(I'm going to assume you were sleep deprived/drunk/high).
whoa! chill, dude. just asking the guy. :wow

and no. i did not like how he played Gandalf. so fucking far from the book.

smeagol
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM

I thought he did a good job and I've read LOTR 5 times.

And your original comment was pretty stupid [/end of hijack]

BlackBellamy
01-05-2009, 05:22 PM

Ok this is far from 'Spurs Talk', but when was the Last time you read the Tolkien trilogy? It was wonderful when I was younger and there was no good (the Return of the King cartoon was totally weak) films to accompany them. The Hobbit stands much better than all the 'so and so begat so and so', that existed in the LOTR trilogy and the Silmarillion. I s'pose what I'm trying to get at is that the movies bested the books for entertaining me IMHO, in re-reading the books now I find myself bored (and I read a good amount of fantasy fiction). Besides he, Sir Ian, played Gandalf pretty close to LOTR. I prefer the bumbling, kinda goofy, trickster Gandalf in the Hobbit. But he played the hard ass Gandalf (white) pretty well. Sigh. Oh, and the Spurs need to pull this Miami game off. I suggest we throw D-Wade's championship ring into the fire at Mount Doom and see what happens.

Manufan909
01-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Ok this is far from 'Spurs Talk', but when was the Last time you read the Tolkien trilogy? It was wonderful when I was younger and there was no good (the Return of the King cartoon was totally weak) films to accompany them. The Hobbit stands much better than all the 'so and so begat so and so', that existed in the LOTR trilogy and the Silmarillion. I s'pose what I'm trying to get at is that the movies bested the books for entertaining me IMHO, in re-reading the books now I find myself bored (and I read a good amount of fantasy fiction). Besides he, Sir Ian, played Gandalf pretty close to LOTR. I prefer the bumbling, kinda goofy, trickster Gandalf in the Hobbit. But he played the hard ass Gandalf (white) pretty well. Sigh. Oh, and the Spurs need to pull this Miami game off. I suggest we throw D-Wade's championship ring into the fire at Mount Doom and see what happens.

+1

I also prefer the Hobbit, but I haven't read the LOTR trilogy more than once, so I can't comment on that(I've read The Hobbit 3x, but rereading the Fellowship bored me some), but I also loved how he played Gandalf, and, like you, the way Tolikien wrote The Hobbit more than the old school stuff in the LOTR. And the RoTK was somewhat anticlimactic for me as well, but the battles won me over, even though the Gondor soldiers sucked ass(they can't handle orcs, but Rohan guys who've seen too many winters or too few can handle Uruk-hai!?!), and got beat down in almost every scene. Man, I'm a nerd.:lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
+1

I also prefer the Hobbit, but I haven't read the LOTR trilogy more than once, so I can't comment on that(I've read The Hobbit 3x, but rereading the Fellowship bored me some), but I also loved how he played Gandalf, and, like you, the way Tolikien wrote The Hobbit more than the old school stuff in the LOTR. And the RoTK was somewhat anticlimactic for me as well, but the battles won me over, even though the Gondor soldiers sucked ass(they can't handle orcs, but Rohan guys who've seen too many winters or too few can handle Uruk-hai!?!), and got beat down in almost every scene. Man, I'm a nerd.:lmao

Me too. :lol

m33 - why make the homophobic comment in the first place then? Live and learn.

BTW, I thought he played Gandalf just fine and I've read LOTR twice.