PDA

View Full Version : The "Immortal" Lakers

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Entered the 4th quarter down by 3 in Memphis and needed heroics late in the game when Memphis was up by 6 with 4+ minutes remaining. Boy, they sure as hell look like the next 3-peat team that could push 70 wins.

The great Andrew Bynum had a gargantuan 13 points and 4 rebounds and did not even touch the court in the 4th quarter, 70mil well spent.

Two questions for the thread, will the Lakers win/not win on Thursday and does anyone honestly expect the team they have now to be able to compete with the Celtics in a 7 game series?

Final score:

Boston- 117
LA- 103

pawe
12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Boston will own their arrogant asses on christmas day.
Lakers though would be able to hang with Boston in a 7 game series since they have a deep bench and they have Phil Jackson plus you cannot count out Kobe's warrior heart.

lefty
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Lakers went to the Finals because of Stern; Lakers are overrated.

Celtics almost got owned by Atlanta and LBJ

I will laugh next summer because neither of them is returning to the Finals in 2009.

Book it.

Reck
12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Is not even going to be close.

Celtics will win big.

So will NOH tomorrow.

Rohirrim
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
We'll put their name to the test.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Is not even going to be close.

Celtics will win big.

So will NOH tomorrow.

O yeah, forgot about that game as well. That game might go to LA because NOH is so weak at SG and Chandler is playing horribly, they'll need a big game on the offensive boards from him which shouldn't be hard against Andrew "I'm too good to try hard" Bynum.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Boston will own their arrogant asses on christmas day.
Lakers though would be able to hang with Boston in a 7 game series since they have a deep bench and they have Phil Jackson plus you cannot count out Kobe's warrior heart.

I don't think so, Boston has gotten better this year and will add 1-2 more players. PJ Brown will probably resign with them in February and they'll probably pick up a savvy defensive wing to come off the bench.

Unless LA improves via trade or FA they've got no shot against Boston in a 7 game series.

scanry
12-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Boston will own their arrogant asses on christmas day. Lakers though would be able to hang with Boston in a 7 game series since they have a deep bench and they have Phil Jackson plus you cannot count out Kobe's warrior heart.

You got it the other way. Man the C's are so fucking annoying with their arrogance this year.

I'm going to be rooting for any team that wins the West this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-22-2008, 11:38 PM
You got it the other way. Man the C's are so fucking annoying with their arrogance this year.

I'm going to be rooting for any team that wins the West this year.

The C's talk a lot of trash, they aren't arrogant. The Lakers playing half assed basketball against lesser teams because they think they've already won the title is a lot more arrogant IMO. Boston I get the feeling knows it's a long road ahead, LA seems to think it will all just fall in their lap.

SpursFanFirst
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I heard the Lakers lost Farmar...
Doctors are saying he needs surgery. That doesn't sound too good.

Reck
12-23-2008, 12:21 AM
The C's talk a lot of trash, they aren't arrogant. The Lakers playing half assed basketball against lesser teams because they think they've already won the title is a lot more arrogant IMO. Boston I get the feeling knows it's a long road ahead, LA seems to think it will all just fall in their lap.

I dont know why but I can stand The Lakers more then I could the Celtics.

IMO both teams are arrogant pricks but I'll go with the lesser evil here.

phyzik
12-23-2008, 12:26 AM

Wrong... the boston shitstics talk trash AND are arrogant fuckers. The Lakers have always been arrogant but I dont remember them ever being as bad as the current boston fucksticks. Fuck them, Im rooting for whoever comes out of the west IF The Smellstics make it out the East. I hope the Hawks fuck them up in the playoffs like they should have done last year.

Barring that, I want the Spurs in the finals to beat the shit out of them.

bostonguy
12-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Wrong... the boston shitstics talk trash AND are arrogant fuckers. The Lakers have always been arrogant but I dont remember them ever being as bad as the current boston fucksticks. Fuck them, Im rooting for whoever comes out of the west IF The Smellstics make it out the East. I hope the Hawks fuck them up in the playoffs like they should have done last year.

Barring that, I want the Spurs in the finals to beat the shit out of them.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

wijayas
12-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Lakers went to the Finals because of Stern; Lakers are overrated.

Celtics almost got owned by Atlanta and LBJ

I will laugh next summer because neither of them is returning to the Finals in 2009.

Book it.

Agreed. It will be Spurs vs. Cavs. And we will sweep them again.

After that LeBron, utterly dejected with being swept again, bolted to the big lights of New York. Hey, if he cannot keep his promise of winning championship, he might as well keep his promise of becoming the first billionaire athlete!..:lol

jason1301
12-23-2008, 03:10 AM
i don't like the Lakers, but the fact they dropped two in a row maybe a good thing for them after all....

just my .2

Yorae
12-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Misread the title, thought it was "Immoral". It will all come down to who has the better team defense.

ImmortalD24
12-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Yes we will beat the Celtics on Thursday.. and no we can't beat them in a 7game series with Lamar Odumb still on the roster.

Rogue
12-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Tell me how shaq's faeces taste

Kobe™
12-23-2008, 07:00 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZ it's December
Instead of worrying about us so much be more concerned with your ancient team.

Banzai
12-23-2008, 12:18 PM
damn...lol..

Allanon
12-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Entered the 4th quarter down by 3 in Memphis and needed heroics late in the game when Memphis was up by 6 with 4+ minutes remaining. Boy, they sure as hell look like the next 3-peat team that could push 70 wins.

The great Andrew Bynum had a gargantuan 13 points and 4 rebounds and did not even touch the court in the 4th quarter, 70mil well spent.

Two questions for the thread, will the Lakers win/not win on Thursday and does anyone honestly expect the team they have now to be able to compete with the Celtics in a 7 game series?

Final score:

Boston- 117
LA- 103

Yes, the Lakers will win tonight against the Hornets
Yes, the Lakers will beat the Celtics on Christmas

Bynum played a pretty game, 13 points and 4 rebounds in 21 minutes. Not bad at all.

He doesn't get much time in the 4th because at this point, Odom's defense and rebounding in the 4th is more consistent.

It's odd that many Laker fans want to trade Odom for a point guard. But they forget if we trade Odom, there's no backup Center/PF as good as Odom. Odom has the second highest +/- on the team yet people still hate him :lol

The Lakers won't lose again this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Bynum played a pretty game, 13 points and 4 rebounds in 21 minutes. Not bad at all.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Sounds like valuable production for someone who just signed the extension he did.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 03:13 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Sounds like valuable production for someone who just signed the extension he did.

Put Bynum on any bad team and give him the ball and 40 minutes and he'll get you better numbers than guys like Al Jefferson and Kevin Durant.

It's not so much about Bynum but more of Phil's mind games. I personally think he doesn't want Bynum to grow into a prima donna superstar by just "giving" him everything. He contradicts Bynum every time he think Bynum's head is getting too big.

If Bynum's not playing SPECTACULAR defense, Phil's not going to leave him in the game past 13 points. It's the strangest thing, I think it has something to do with Bynum saying he'd like to average 20 points this year. Phil's like no, you're going to average 13 and play defense.

Spur-Addict
12-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Put Bynum on any bad team and give him the ball and 40 minutes and he'll get you better numbers than guys like Al Jefferson and Kevin Durant.

You are starting to lose me kind sir, statements like this are disturbing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-23-2008, 03:21 PM

Awesome, all that says is if Bynum was allowed to be a ball hog and only care about scoring points, he could put up good numbers. That does nothing to disprove the argument many are drawing that Bynum is more concerned with inflating his stats than doing what it takes to help the Lakers win, if anything it helps the argument.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 03:26 PM
You are starting to lose me kind sir, statements like this are disturbing.

Mr. Spur-Addict

Have you seen how many shots Al Jefferson and Kevin Durant get? They shoot like 20-30 times a game.

Bynum's lucky if he gets 10 shots a game. Give Bynum 20 shots per game with a green light to shoot 30 shots and he'll give you at least a 20 point average.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Awesome, all that says is if Bynum was allowed to be a ball hog and only care about scoring points, he could put up good numbers. That does nothing to disprove the argument many are drawing that Bynum is more concerned with inflating his stats than doing what it takes to help the Lakers win, if anything it helps the argument.

I didn't disagree with that notion at all. I think Bynum's alot about his stats right now and I think that's why Phil is reigning him back.

Phil's trying to force-feed Defense and Team to Bynum and rewarding him with some shots if he plays Defense first. Next time you get a chance to watch the Lakers, you'll see Bynum gets yanked permanently if he's got 13 points and is NOT playing good defense.

But if Bynum's playing well on D, Phil will call some plays for him and let him try to go for 20 points.

Spur-Addict
12-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Mr. Spur-Addict

Have you seen how many shots Al Jefferson and Kevin Durant get? They shoot like 20-30 times a game.

Bynum's lucky if he gets 10 shots a game. Give Bynum 20 shots per game with a green light to shoot 30 shots and he'll give you at least a 20 point average.

What you are forgetting is the fact that the game of those two players is far more polished than Bynum's. Are you going to seriously go to Bynum as a number one option with an under developed offensive game? No.

Al Jeff's game is far superior in regards to being polished. The footwork of bynum is suspect right now, plus you can't go to him in the clutch in a realistic sense. Alot of the offensive production this guy gets right now is due to playing with talented offensive players. Let that man be solo in that regard and he will not produce like Al Jeff.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Mr. Spur-Addict

Ok, and the Lakers would lose a lot of games in the process. Are you a Laker fan or a Bynum groupie?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Al Jefferson also never cried because his coach yelled at him, Bynum is a big bitch who is lucky he never has to hear about how much he would suck in the 4th quarter. Phil is doing him a favor.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 03:50 PM
What you are forgetting is the fact that the game of those two players is far more polished than Bynum's. Are you going to seriously go to Bynum as a number one option with an under developed offensive game? No.

Al Jeff's game is far superior in regards to being polished. The footwork of bynum is suspect right now, plus you can't go to him in the clutch in a realistic sense. Alot of the offensive production this guy gets right now is due to playing with talented offensive players. Let that man be solo in that regard and he will not produce like Al Jeff.

I beg to differ. I think Bynum's offensive game is suffering on the Lakers. If he were freed to a bad team, Bynum will quickly become the Man.

Bynum outplayed Jefferson just a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if you saw the Minnesota vs Lakers game but 1 on 1, Al Jefferson could not stop Bynum while Bynum stopped Jefferson time and again. Al had a terrible game.

xtremesteven33
12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Al Jefferson > Andrew Bynum

anyday of the week, twice on sunday

Spur-Addict
12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I beg to differ. I think Bynum's offensive game is suffering on the Lakers. If he were freed to a bad team, Bynum will quickly become the Man.

I don't know if you saw the Minnesota vs Lakers game but 1 on 1, Al Jefferson could not stop Bynum while Bynum easily scored on Big Al in the Post. Bynum outplayed Jefferson just a couple of weeks ago. Al had a terrible game.

One on one doesn't matter. This is a continual stretch of play as being the man.

I don't know if you watched the Memphis game last night, but Darko and Marc Gasol were giving him problems when he posted up. Even 6'9 thin Warrick at times. And you seem to think all players under 6'10 will be dominated by Bynum.

If you honestly think he's a better offensive player than Al Jefferson, there is nothing I can do here.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-23-2008, 04:00 PM

Bynum outplayed Jefferson just a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if you saw the Minnesota vs Lakers game but 1 on 1, Al Jefferson could not stop Bynum while Bynum stopped Jefferson time and again. Al had a terrible game.

Ya, 20 points and 13 rebounds is terrible. I'd take the 14 point 9 rebound game By-dumb had any day.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Ya, 20 points and 13 rebounds is terrible. I'd take the 14 point 9 rebound game By-dumb had any day.

Al Jefferson took 24 shots to score those 20 points. I like Al but he had a terrible game :)

Bynum took 11 shots to score 14.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-23-2008, 04:07 PM
If only the Lakers had allanon instead of Phil Jackson as coach. Benching someone as talented and motivated as Bynum in the 4th quarter, what an idiot. Allanon must know a lot more about Bynum's talent than a coach who's won 9 championships.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
If only the Lakers had allanon instead of Phil Jackson as coach. Benching someone as talented and motivated as Bynum in the 4th quarter, what an idiot. Allanon must know a lot more about Bynum's talent than a coach who's won 9 championships.

Not at all.

I totally agree about benching Bynum. I think he's too much about scoring points right now, he needs to concentrate back on defense. Some of the Lakers recent problems were due to Bynum's lack of focus on D.

Everybody knows Bynum can score, but the Lakers need defense, not a scorer. Bench his ass until he puts as much effort on D as he does on O.

Spur-Addict
12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Al Jefferson took 24 shots to score those 20 points. I like Al but he had a terrible game :)

Bynum took 11 shots to score 14.

Yeah but are his points coming the same way? No. He isn't posting up to get his points constantly. Which means that alot of his points come from nice passes for dunks etc.

If he posts as much as Al Jeff he wouldn't as efficient on a consistent basis.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah but are his points coming the same way? No. He isn't posting up to get his points constantly. Which means that alot of his points come from nice passes for dunks etc.

If he posts as much as Al Jeff he wouldn't as efficient on a consistent basis.

In that game, Bynum did get most of his points on post-ups but it's not consistent and changes with the matchups.

Philip has Bynum posting up high and Gasol posting up low in most games of late, Bynum doesn't get many low post-ups.

This is why I think Bynum would be a scoring monster on a weaker team.

It's the unfortunate side effect of having two skilled 7 footers + Kobe.

Spur-Addict
12-23-2008, 04:33 PM
In that game, Bynum did get most of his points on post-ups but it's not consistent and changes with the matchups.

Philip has Bynum posting up high and Gasol posting up low in most games of late, Bynum doesn't get many low post-ups.

This is why I think Bynum would be a scoring monster on a weaker team.

It's the unfortunate side effect of having two skilled 7 footers + Kobe.

In a single game.

Whereas in Memphis he had low post opportunites and got shut down there. His game isn't polished enough yet to be as efficient as Al Jeff.

Allanon
12-23-2008, 04:37 PM
In a single game.

Whereas in Memphis he had low post opportunites and got shut down there. His game isn't polished enough yet to be as efficient as Al Jeff.

I think Bynum did well in Memphis, he shot 75% and got his "13 points". He had I think 2 really nice post moves.

He didn't get many minutes (especially in the 4th) because his Defense was suspect.

Spur-Addict
12-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I think Bynum did well in Memphis, he shot 75% and got his "13 points". He had I think 2 really nice post moves.

He didn't get many minutes (especially in the 4th) because his Defense was suspect.

Excuse for not caring about his FG%, dude gets alot of easy dunks from his talented teammates. At least three to four of those shots were by oops or direct passes for dunks. Those easy looks on a consistent basis go away on a poor team. His percentages are seriously inflated because of that.

His post game isn't polished by any means, but he is effective at times. All his misses come basically for the most part when he has to work to score. He isn't there yet to be that guy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-23-2008, 06:46 PM
There's really no way to argue about it, Allanon is stubborn in his belief that Bynum is better than Al Jefferson, it's not even an argument worthy of discussion because Allanon is probably the one person who believes it and isn't budging on his belief, but I think it is extremely inaccurate to call Bynum's post game polished, most of his shots come off of poor defense and him getting handed great post position.