PDA

View Full Version : Message to Tony: Brilliant F'in Game!!!!!

South Side Spurs Fan
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Mason got involved early, and the team was off to an 11 point lead in the first!!!! Finished with 8 players in or near double figures...that is how we will have to play if we're going to be contenders. And TP got his points anyway.

Mark my words, we're going to need Mason when playoffs roll around.

Then in the fourth, the starters rested. Just like I said!!! Tony's worshippers can bite my crank.

TEAM FIRST.:flag:

Thanks TP.:toast

lefty
12-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Let me rephrase that for you:

Thanks Pop for putting Maze back in the starting lineup.

Ice009
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
That's the only thing I want Tony to look at doing more on offense. Involving other players like Mason would really help the team a lot more in the long run.

I may have not liked his defense for a stretch, but his offense is good. Just needs a few minor tweaks and he's good to go. Get others involved and the Spurs will be a really, really good team.

T Park
12-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Sigh...

timvp
12-23-2008, 12:30 AM
That was actually not a very good game by Parker at all . . .

DROB4EVER
12-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I have another message for TP.....STOP LEADING THE TEAM IN SHOT ATTEMPTS EVERY GAME!!!!........we will never win a title with him leading the team in shots. Duncan needs to be first then Manu...TP...Mase...Fin and bonner!

Ice009
12-23-2008, 12:43 AM
That was actually not a very good game by Parker at all . . .

lol I wanted to make is subtle by saying "involve others". He took more shots than anyone else on the team.

How do you think he needs to play on offense? Pop wants him to attack. How do you think he should balance it? That's a tough one for me. Sometimes I want him to dish more and other times when he's on I don't mind him calling his own number. I don't like it when he forces things though and goes 3-17 like the other night.

timvp
12-23-2008, 12:45 AM
we will never win a title with him leading the team in shots.In 2007 he led the team in shot attempts in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Try again.

Ice009
12-23-2008, 12:48 AM
In 2007 he led the team in shot attempts in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Try again.

Who had the most shot attempts in the Suns and Jazz series?

Yorae
12-23-2008, 12:49 AM
I think tony is doing his thing to increase his chances of being on the winning wallpaper.....He's on it again....

timvp
12-23-2008, 12:49 AM
How do you think he needs to play on offense?He's best and the Spurs are best when he's scoring. If he scores 25+ the Spurs have like a .800 winning percentage over the years. Tonight I was fine with his field goal attempts but he was way too sloppy with the basketball ... especially early on.

But in general, Parker shooting a lot is almost always good for this team. At least during the regular season, I think he should take more shots than anyone. Parker scoring is less wear and tear on Duncan and Ginobili, plus it opens up room for the three-point shooters.

DROB4EVER
12-23-2008, 12:50 AM
In 2007 he led the team in shot attempts in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Try again.

How did that work out for us????

Kori Ellis
12-23-2008, 12:52 AM

You missed the 2007 title? (maybe you were being sarcastic)

Anyway, this is a weird thread. Tony forced things too much in the first quarter as he was too wild in the lane, but distributed well. He played awesome in the second quarter.

Ice009

I guess you forgot we won the Championship that year?

honestfool84

seriously? :lobt2:

timvp
12-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Who had the most shot attempts in the Suns and Jazz series?Parker and Parker.

timvp
12-23-2008, 12:54 AM

:lmao Gotta love New Age Spurs fans.

honestfool84
12-23-2008, 12:55 AM
:lmao Gotta love New Age Spurs fans.

timvp, do you mean new age by this?

http://img.webring.com/r/m/michele2/logo

Kori Ellis
12-23-2008, 12:56 AM
I have another message for TP.....STOP LEADING THE TEAM IN SHOT ATTEMPTS EVERY GAME!!!!........we will never win a title with him leading the team in shots. Duncan needs to be first then Manu...TP...Mase...Fin and bonner!

Pop likes Tony shooting 20-25 times per game come playoff time. So unless Tim and Manu are shooting more than that, Tony is probably going to be first in shot attempts.

DROB4EVER
12-23-2008, 12:59 AM
You missed the 2007 title? (maybe you were being sarcastic)

Anyway, this is a weird thread. Tony forced things too much in the first quarter as he was too wild in the lane, but distributed well. He played awesome in the second quarter.

I was being sarcastic......what I mean is if you look at past years Duncan and TPs shot attempts are very close( att per game) and Manu is right behind them.

This year TP is shooting 17 times per game and we have a deeper team. He needs to tone it down, go to the hole more and give up 3 or 4 shots a game to Mase and Manu.

If hes hot in a game then by all means keep at it, but I think his shooting is freezing out Mase and Duncan, and he is shooting way to many long jumpers. I dont think we win a title this year with him leading the team in attempts,

it's me
12-23-2008, 01:02 AM
The question is.... does Tony have to lead the team in shooting now???? with Mason and Bonner shooting like they are??

in the past they were only the big three... scoring .... but now??

DROB4EVER
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Pop likes Tony shooting 20-25 times per game come playoff time. So unless Tim and Manu are shooting more than that, Tony is probably going to be first in shot attempts.

That is an awful lot of shots for a guys who is not a great shooter and who doesnt look like he can get to the rim as easy as past years. We shot 80-82 shots pr game in the playoffs....that means hes shooting about 32% of our shots. Not a good formula for this team.

Mase needs to get more set shots and Tony can make that happen by drive and kick. Duncan needs more shots to open up the outside. Manu needs his 14per game and if Bonner keeps shooting 50% from 3 he needs to get at least 8 pr game.

DROB4EVER
12-23-2008, 01:04 AM
:toast
The question is.... does Tony have to lead the team in shooting now???? with Mason and Bonner shooting like they are??

in the past they were only the big three... scoring .... but now??

:toast

Kori Ellis
12-23-2008, 01:04 AM
I was being sarcastic......what I mean is if you look at past years Duncan and TPs shot attempts are very close( att per game) and Manu is right behind them.

This year TP is shooting 17 times per game and we have a deeper team. He needs to tone it down, go to the hole more and give up 3 or 4 shots a game to Mase and Manu.

If hes hot in a game then by all means keep at it, but I think his shooting is freezing out Mase and Duncan, and he is shooting way to many long jumpers. I dont think we win a title this year with him leading the team in attempts,

Take out his 55 point game, and his shot attempts are about 15.5 a game, I believe. Last year, they were 15.1. Not really that much different.

He also has games of 32 and 29 (or 30) points that up it a little more.

Obviously when he's scoring that much, he's taking more shots.

He's a 50 percent shooter, so it's not horrible to have him shooting 15-16 times a game. It's not like he's a low percentage shooter like the chuckers in this league.

honestfool84
12-23-2008, 01:10 AM

dude, are you serious?
parker shooting is the best thing that has happened to this team, especially since chip started working with him.

who cares who scores? if it's mason/bonner, great! if it's tim, awesome. tony? perfect. as long as the ball goes in the hoop, i don't think it matters.

i mean, what position does tony parker play? point guard. what kind of guard? yeah..point.

timvp
12-23-2008, 01:17 AM

in the past they were only the big three... scoring .... but now??Three-point shooters don't get open by themselves. Parker needs to be causing havoc, Duncan needs to be scoring in the low block and Ginobili needs to be driving the lane. Part of that equation involves Parker attacking the rim relentlessly to get the defense to sag. At that point is when the three-point shooting becomes most valuable. It doesn't work the other way around.

it's me
12-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Three-point shooters don't get open by themselves. Parker needs to be causing havoc, Duncan needs to be scoring in the low block and Ginobili needs to be driving the lane. Part of that equation involves Parker attacking the rim relentlessly to get the defense to sag. At that point is when the three-point shooting becomes most valuable. It doesn't work the other way around.

I get your point.... but that doesn't answer the question... plus "attacking" the rim to spread the defense..... is not the same as "shooting" jumpers even if they aren't falling.

timvp
12-23-2008, 01:31 AM
That is an awful lot of shots for a guys who is not a great shooterParker is hitting >50% of his jumpers this year last time I looked.

and who doesnt look like he can get to the rim as easy as past years.Parker came out of the gates flying. He doesn't look to be 100% since his ankle injury but even at 90% he's still finishing at the rim.

We shot 80-82 shots pr game in the playoffs....that means hes shooting about 32% of our shots. Not a good formula for this team.Since the 2004-05 season, the Spurs are 46-12 when Parker scores 25 or more points in a game. That is nearly a winning percentage of .800.

Conversely, the Spurs are 35-20 in that time span when Duncan scores 25+ points and 32-11 when Manu does it. Still good winning percentages but not the ridiculous number for Parker.

Parker doesn't need to turn into Allen Iverson but those who think Parker hurts the team by looking to score are off base. Parker scoring = good for the Spurs.

timvp
12-23-2008, 01:35 AM
I get your point.... but that doesn't answer the questionYes, like I've already said, Parker still needs to lead the team in field goal attempts. Who do you want to lead the team in attempts? I don't want Duncan getting beat up on the low block trying to carry the team during the regular season. Ginobili doesn't play enough minutes and draws too many fouls to lead the team in field goal attempts. Who's your choice?

honestfool84
12-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Yes, like I've already said, Parker still needs to lead the team in field goal attempts. Who do you want to lead the team in attempts? I don't want Duncan getting beat up on the low block trying to carry the team during the regular season. Ginobili doesn't play enough minutes and draws too many fouls to lead the team in field goal attempts. Who's your choice?

bonner! :lol

anakha
12-23-2008, 01:39 AM
:lmao at the deluded attempts to discredit Parker in this thread.

it's me
12-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Yes, like I've already said, Parker still needs to lead the team in field goal attempts. Who do you want to lead the team in attempts? I don't want Duncan getting beat up on the low block trying to carry the team during the regular season. Ginobili doesn't play enough minutes and draws too many fouls to lead the team in field goal attempts. Who's your choice?

I guess Tony... you know everyhting....:toast

it's me
12-23-2008, 01:48 AM
:lmao at the deluded attempts to discredit Parker in this thread.

"attempts to discredit Parker" ??????????? yeah we all hate Parker :lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2008, 01:54 AM
ok ima give credit where its due

thank you beno for not dropping 50pts on the parker and the spurs or else the kings wouldve won this game.

anakha
12-23-2008, 01:56 AM
"attempts to discredit Parker" ??????????? yeah we all hate Parker :lol

Was I referring to you? Was I saying that everybody posting on this thread was a Parker hater? :rolleyes

Blatantly wrong assertions like this were what I was referring to when I mention 'deluded attempts'.

bobbybob0
12-23-2008, 08:02 AM
That is an awful lot of shots for a guys who is not a great shooter and who doesnt look like he can get to the rim as easy as past years.

:nope

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9012/tpshotwd1.jpg

Source: http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

mrspurs
12-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Tonys style is shoot then look. And theres nothing wrong with that. He isnt a CP3 or Dwill style point. Dont think he ever will be. Like Matt at the C spot instead of the SF spot. Sometimes players are put where they succeed the most. Instead of watching them rot on the bench much like beno was doing as such a young age. Ill take any win, but I dont forget who we are beating and who we are losing to. The Kings and the Wolves are not gonna make ya better. Not our core of players anyways. They will help guys like Matt and Roger get used to the system. And without a doubt we will need them both come PO time. Which imo is just around the corner.

timaios
12-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Neverending story.................
Some spursfans are really really painful.

Hemotivo
12-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Pop likes Tony shooting 20-25 times per game come playoff time.

:wow

really?

Brazil
12-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Mason got involved early, and the team was off to an 11 point lead in the first!!!! Finished with 8 players in or near double figures...that is how we will have to play if we're going to be contenders. And TP got his points anyway.

Mark my words, we're going to need Mason when playoffs roll around.

Then in the fourth, the starters rested. Just like I said!!! Tony's worshippers can bite my crank.

TEAM FIRST.:flag:

Thanks TP.:toast

Man I seriously would like to know: are you obsessed (http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&rls=SKPB,SKPB:2006-41,SKPB:fr&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=obsessed&spell=1) (I googled that one to avoid a mistake) by TP ? or maybe Eva ? do you even watch the other players ?

ducks
12-24-2008, 01:03 AM
:wow

really?

tony told the press pop told him to shot atleast 25 times in a game before in the playoffs

where were you

mrspurs
12-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Most of TPs shots are layups. And other then Manu and Hill, we dont have anyone who make a gametime layup. When your that close to the rim, what do you want TP to do pass the ball out. He has proven to be our best inside scorer year in and year out. If it works. Dont mess with it. Many of us have seen TP try and pass it out to Fab and Timmy. And what do they do? They in return pass the ball out to the open man from beyond the arc. Its alot easier to make a layup then pass the ball around and find the open man sitting outside. Tony almost always leads the league in the paint with scoring. You cant pass the ball to guys who cant catch or will choke. Scoring is more important then not scoring. Hellooooooo.

JPB
12-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Mark my words, we're going to need Mason when playoffs roll around

No shit ?!

1usamotorsports.com
12-24-2008, 12:01 PM
I feel way more confortable with bonner,hill or mason over manu in crunch time .

Hemotivo
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
tony told the press pop told him to shot atleast 25 times in a game before in the playoffs

where were you

my bad
:sleep

50 cent
12-24-2008, 01:32 PM
This thread is pathetic and just reiterates how many retarded Spurs fans there are.

Luckily for the rest of us, Timvp beats them relentlessly with facts so the rest of us don't have to.

jag
12-24-2008, 06:46 PM
dude, are you serious?
parker shooting is the best thing that has happened to this team, especially since chip started working with him.

who cares who scores? if it's mason/bonner, great! if it's tim, awesome. tony? perfect. as long as the ball goes in the hoop, i don't think it matters.

i mean, what position does tony parker play? point guard. what kind of guard? yeah..point.

Excellent post. For the life of me i can't figure out why so many posters don't want Tony in the spotlight.

Most of TPs shots are layups. And other then Manu and Hill, we dont have anyone who make a gametime layup.

OMG Shut... The Fuck.... Up!