PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee Ping Pong with Nunchakus

Heath Ledger
12-22-2008, 11:00 PM
This is must see tv ladies and gents, Bruce Lee owns a ping pong pro by playing him with his nunchakus.

OqGQ72bre30

Avitus1
12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Fucking sick..

dirk4mvp
12-22-2008, 11:09 PM
real or not, that's possibly the most badass thing I've ever seen.

Rohirrim
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM

+111111111111

MaNuMaNiAc
12-23-2008, 02:50 AM
that shit can't be real

atxrocker
12-23-2008, 02:54 AM
that shit can't be real

true

true

bruce is the fucking man.

IronMexican
12-23-2008, 03:27 AM
That was bad mutherfucking ass! Like I said in that "Shaq vs MMA guy" the one person who could kick Shaq's ass at under 200 is Bruce Lee.

Rogue
12-23-2008, 07:02 AM
I thought it to be Bowen for the first sight.

Shi* is lee

fatsack
12-23-2008, 11:04 AM
it's not real..
i googled.

but still damn entertaining.

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2008, 12:24 PM
theres a new movie coming out soon about wing chun in hongkong/china.....i think its a biography about bruce lees master teacher....and if its successful there might be a sequel to it with bruce lee portion of the story in it.....something along the lines like that.

Obstructed_View
12-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Fake, but really fucking cool.

balli
12-24-2008, 04:12 AM
That's footage from Game of Death with Kareem.

nkdlunch
12-24-2008, 10:42 AM
what??? u sure is not real?? regardless Bruce lee is the most baddest mofo that ever existed

jcrod
12-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Its not even him so why would you think its real.

TDMVPDPOY
12-25-2008, 11:50 AM
this is the movie im talkin about just came out....any bruce lee or wing chun fan should see this if it does come out in the states....
IP MAN
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YkHmYJmfuWg

cornbread
12-26-2008, 01:54 PM
:lol at people who believe that Bruce Lee could actually play ping pong with nunchucks or beat up Shaq.

Van Damme could also win an International no-holds-barred tournament and play basketball using only jumping, spinning split-kicks.

PapaJukebox
12-26-2008, 06:29 PM
:lol at people who believe that Bruce Lee could actually play ping pong with nunchucks or beat up Shaq.

Van Damme could also win an International no-holds-barred tournament and play basketball using only jumping, spinning split-kicks.

Yeah, playing ping pong with nunchucks is pretty ridiculous (fun video, though!)...

But please. Bruce Lee would use Shaq's height and weight against him and would whoop Shaq's ass!

balli
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM

I'd agree about the nunchaku, but dude, Bruce Lee, without getting so much as touched himself, could fuck up a guy like Shaq in two seconds flat.

AlamoSpursFan
12-26-2008, 07:03 PM
That's nothing. Jackie Chan could beat that guy with a 6' step ladder.

:lol

cornbread
12-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I'd agree about the nunchaku, but dude, Bruce Lee, without getting so much as touched himself, could fuck up a guy like Shaq in two seconds flat.

Based on what? His fight with Kareem Abdul Jabbar in "Game of Death"?

As a life-long fan of Bruce Lee, I have no problem admitting that I find the ideas of him playing ping pong with nunchucks and beating Shaq in a fight to be equally ridiculous.

balli
12-26-2008, 08:16 PM
As a life-long fan of Bruce Lee, I have no problem admitting that I find the ideas of him playing ping pong with nunchucks and beating Shaq in a fight to be equally ridiculous.
Dude. Bruce Lee is one the best martial artists ever. By comparison, Shaq is a fucking mastadonically slow and clumsy ogre. LMAO at the idea of Shaq holding a candle to or even lasting more than few seconds in a fight with Bruce Lee.

Warlord23
12-26-2008, 08:20 PM
It wouldn't even take Bruce Lee to have Shaq tapping out inside 45 seconds with a blow to the breastbone or kneecap or hip joint. Many experienced kung-fu or judo practitioners can do that. These guys can typically break 10-12 bricks stacked one on top of the other with their hands - their limbs are hard as metal. Some of them break iron rods with their heads.

With a professional fighter who has a big size advantage, it'd be a toss-up since the kung-fu practitioner would find it a lot more difficult to land a shot. But basketball players have some of the worst fight reflexes; Shaq wouldn't be able to connect a single blow at all before he suffers a fracture or two.

cornbread
12-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Dude. Bruce Lee is one the best martial artists ever. By comparison, Shaq is a fucking mastadonically slow and clumsy ogre. LMAO at the idea of Shaq holding a candle to or even lasting more than few seconds in a fight with Bruce Lee.

That's completely subjective so I can't argue with it. I do doubt that you have knowledge of every martial artist that ever trained so it's not really a fair to say he's one of the best ever. What's not subjective is that he was one of the most visible MAists of all time, thanks to his movies, and public perceptions of his fighting ability were mostly shaped through his onscreen performances, not actual competition or combat.

His theories and writing were revolutionary though.

cornbread
12-26-2008, 09:13 PM
It wouldn't even take Bruce Lee to have Shaq tapping out inside 45 seconds with a blow to the breastbone or kneecap or hip joint.
That sounds really amazing. You've seen him do this to a 7'2, 360lb mound of atheletic muscle, or are just speculating that it would be that easy? I saw him beat Kareem in a movie once, but then again, I've seen Christopher Reeves fly in a movie.

Many experienced kung-fu or judo practitioners can do that. These guys can typically break 10-12 bricks stacked one on top of the other with their hands - their limbs are hard as metal. Some of them break iron rods with their heads.

:lol Okay, you're either being facitious or you just don't know what you're talking about. Breaking bricks and metal bars is in no way part of Judo training.

With a professional fighter who has a big size advantage, it'd be a toss-up since the kung-fu practitioner would find it a lot more difficult to land a shot. But basketball players have some of the worst fight reflexes; Shaq wouldn't be able to connect a single blow at all before he suffers a fracture or two.
Let's be realistic, there are professional fighters today his size and probably smaller that could beat Bruce Lee.

Obstructed_View
12-26-2008, 09:17 PM
That sounds really amazing. You've seen him do this to a 7'2, 360lb mound of atheletic muscle, or are just speculating that it would be that easy? I saw him beat Kareem in a movie once, but then again, I've seen Christopher Reeves fly in a movie.

No, you saw George Reeves fly on a TV show.

Warlord23
12-26-2008, 09:39 PM

:lol Okay, you're either being facitious or you just don't know what you're talking about. Breaking bricks and metal bars is in no way part of Judo training.

Let's be realistic, there are professional fighters today his size and probably smaller that could beat Bruce Lee.

7'2" 300 lb of athletic muscle has nothing to do with it. Human beings are all constructed the same way. The heel of the foot is one of the hardest parts of the human body. The knee, OTOH, is one of the most unstable joints. If the heel strikes the knee at maximum force, the knee invariably gets dislocated or broken. If the heel strikes the bone covering the instep of the foot, you invariably get a broken foot.

None of the above are dependent on the size of the humans involved. The only assumption made is that normal, healthy human beings are involved. You can test this yourself easily if you don't believe me. Get hold of a healthy teenager who is shorter and lighter than you. Explain to him that he has to strike as hard as possible with his heel bone on your knee, or instep bone, or even the toes. Let me know how it turns out.

None of this is theory/hypothesis; it is simple mechanics applied to the human anatomy.

Now the question is whether a competent MA can do this to Shaq before Shaq can evade or strike back. The probability of that is extremely high. Let's take Bruce Lee, as an example: his hand striking speed from three feet starting with his hands down by his side was once recorded at five-hundredths of a second. He could also use a side kick to cause a 300 pound hanging bag to fly all the way up to the ceiling. Shaq's toes/knee/foot wouldn't stand a chance even if Shaq was 400 lbs.

Of course, a pro MMA fighter will already be trained in Jiu-jitsu or Muay Thai or Kung fu and would know these techniques and would know how to avoid them. Shaq, with his poor combination of reflexes, speed, and knowledge of how fights can be ended in 30 seconds, is a sitting duck.

As to breaking bars, I'm surprised you haven't seen this demonstration before by Shaolin students. I've seen it on TV dozens of times. here's a youtube video:
KiVJSSgXZfY

cornbread
12-26-2008, 11:04 PM
7'2" 300 lb of athletic muscle has nothing to do with it. Human beings are all constructed the same way. The heel of the foot is one of the hardest parts of the human body. The knee, OTOH, is one of the most unstable joints. If the heel strikes the knee at maximum force, the knee invariably gets dislocated or broken. If the heel strikes the bone covering the instep of the foot, you invariably get a broken foot.

None of the above are dependent on the size of the humans involved. The only assumption made is that normal, healthy human beings are involved. You can test this yourself easily if you don't believe me. Get hold of a healthy teenager who is shorter and lighter than you. Explain to him that he has to strike as hard as possible with his heel bone on your knee, or instep bone, or even the toes. Let me know how it turns out.

Here's another suggestion. The nose is made up cartialige and bone and it really hurts when you get punched on it. Ask a healthy teenager to punch you in the nose as hard as possible and let me know how it turns out. It's one thing to strike a cooperative, non-moving target. It's a completely different challenge to effectively strike a moving, aggressive, non-cooperative 330lb athletic giant.

None of this is theory/hypothesis; it is simple mechanics applied to the human anatomy.

It's completely theory and hypothesis. Until you can find evidence of Bruce Lee doing this to a man of Shaq's size, strength and athletisicm, your argument is in no way based in reality.

Now the question is whether a competent MA can do this to Shaq before Shaq can evade or strike back. The probability of that is extremely high. Let's take Bruce Lee, as an example: his hand striking speed from three feet starting with his hands down by his side was once recorded at five-hundredths of a second. He could also use a side kick to cause a 300 pound hanging bag to fly all the way up to the ceiling. Shaq's toes/knee/foot wouldn't stand a chance even if Shaq was 400 lbs.

IMO, this is one of the biggest problems in Martial Arts (and I say this say this as somebody who's trained many different styles under many different instructors). Movies and money-hungry instructors have convinced people that martial arts training can turn you into an unbeatable fighter. To the point where people actually believe that a 130lb Actor/Martial Artist could easily beat 330lb athletic beast, and in under a minute. There's a big difference in being a MAist and a fighter. Many MAist learned this the hard way during the early 90's.

Of course, a pro MMA fighter will already be trained in Jiu-jitsu or Muay Thai or Kung fu and would know these techniques and would know how to avoid them. Shaq, with his poor combination of reflexes, speed, and knowledge of how fights can be ended in 30 seconds, is a sitting duck.
Shaq is a top athlete in one of the most competive sports leagues in the world. His reflexes and speed are not an issue. As far as his lack of knowledge, he's probably had training in policing/restraint techniques, during his Sheriffs training, which have an actual proven track record in live combative situations.

As to breaking bars, I'm surprised you haven't seen this demonstration before by Shaolin students. I've seen it on TV dozens of times. here's a youtube video:
KiVJSSgXZfY
Once again I have to ask, what does this have to do with judo? And further more, what does it have to with fighting? Bruce Lee said, "boards don't hit back," when challenging martial arts myths. Almost 40 years later people still aren't convinced.

Warlord23
12-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Have you ever been in competitive MA at any level? The biggest difference between a professional fighter and just another athlete is the mentality. I've seen well-built, well-conditioned athletes rendered useless in a fight simply because they don't have the instincts. When I was 15 I saw one of my friends, a karate brown belt my age, absolutely humiliate a guy who was 4 years older and nearly a foot taller than him. I used to be in karate training myself for a while, and I was one of the bigger kids in my class, and let me tell you that it isn't a great advantage at all - I'd trade size/strength any day for fighting techniques and instincts.

Size/strength only matters when both fighters have equal talent, experience and killer instinct. And Shaq would be like a fish out of water. His 330 pounds that you keep mentioning is a small advantage that would not help him win against a trained fighter. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there are a number of other current/ex NBA names that could probably kick Shaq's ass when it comes to hand-to-hand combat - possibly Oakley or Mason or Tyrone Corbin.

If you haven't fought much yourself, you probably won't understand or agree to all that I wrote, but it's the truth. Fighting is a skill just like basketball is. You have to have "it", and the "it" is a lot more important that size. Not all tall players make good basketball players; and not all hefty men make good fighters.

cornbread
12-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Have you ever been in competitive MA...I'd trade size/strength any day for fighting techniques and instincts.

Yes, I've competed in Karate, Tae Kwon Do and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I'll be the first to say that most of these styles of competitions don't really prepare you for actual fighting. BJJ is probably closest, IMO, but then again your not allowed to hit each other. And I've seen lifelong martial artists get owned in fights because of their unwavering belief in their unbeatable techniques and instincts. Sparring in Karate class is about as close to actual fighting as basketball is.

Size/strength only matters when both fighters have equal talent...Oakley or Mason or Tyrone Corbin.

I totally agree that smaller, well trained, pro-fighter could beat Shaq. But we're not talking about pro-fighters, we're talking about Bruce Lee. There's a big difference between a pro-fighter and a martial artist. And the fact that you can completely dismiss a 1.5 foot height and 200lb weight advantage in a fight means that you chugged the Karate-Koolaid that the instructor at your dojo sold you. I do agree that Charles Oakley might be able to beat Shaq.

If you haven't fought much yourself...and not all hefty men make good fighters.

I have fought enough, competed enough and been involved with martial arts enough to have developed a realistic understanding of the different factors that play into a fight's outcome. Now the youtube clip and karate class story may seem like "truth" to you, but to me they have nothing to do with actual fighting. Here's what I think. I won't refer to this "truth", it's just my opinions that I've developed over the years through my experiences.

Many martial artist/fans don't understand the difference between a martial artist and a fighter. The difference is in the realism of the training and competition that the person participates in, if they compete at all. Many martial artists confuse themselves, their instructors and movie stars as fighters. This can be a dangerous mistake.

Many karate/martial arts instructors make their money by convincing people that size does not matter in a fight. As long as you know the secret technique, like kicking the knee, you can easily beat the largest, strongest man in the world. Those that train in more reality based and tested systems will probably give a more reasonable assesment like: size/strength advantage isn't unbeatable but you're either arrogant, crazy or misinformed if you think it doesn't make a difference.

For some reason, the larger the foe, the more people underestimate their fighting knowledge and "it" factor. To the point where they just assume "he'll be like a fish out of water." How do you know what he'll be like? That's a dangerous and arrogant style of thinking.

Warlord23
12-27-2008, 08:17 PM
So let me get this straight ...
a) You agree that a professional fighter could well beat Shaq
b) You then state that underestimating Shaq's fighting instincts would be dangerous/arrogant
c) And finally you underestimate Lee by assuming that Bruce Lee or other martial artists would not possess those very same fighting instincts that you think could be present in Shaq

You basically violated your own argument of underestimating a fighter. Go back and watch Shaq back down in the face of Oakley's hard fouls, or miss Brad Miller by a mile with a wild right hook. If the guy has any fighting skills, he sure hides them well. And then read about eyewitness accounts when Bruce Lee got challenged by people who taunted him saying he was a mere movie star, and not a fighter - and how Lee took them on and kicked their ass publicly till they acknowledged his fighting prowess.

I agree with you that martial artist does not equal fighter. But to say that Shaq may have some fighting instincts while Lee may not is asinine. Martial arts is a starting point to become a fighter ... the proof of this is every well-known pro MMA fighter who has a background in some MA. While it may not be the end point, being an MA doesn't preclude you from honing your real-world fighting instincts. And Bruce Lee was in all probability a martial artist who also had great fighting skills. And Shaq is in all probability a slow, bumbling 300-pound liability in a fight.

Again, all these are probabilities, not certainty. Neither you nor I really know about Shaq's or Bruce Lee's fighting skills. Both of us are making an assumption and a guess. All I'm saying is that your guess is ridiculous. It is far more probable that Bruce Lee has great fighting skills, while Shaq has few or none. Saying the reverse would be going against logic, which while possible, is very very improbable.

balli
12-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Considering Bruce Lee

Invented Jeet Kune Do.
Served as a instructor to competitive martial artists.
Was trained in and competed in western boxing
Is one of the more physically jacked dudes I've ever seen.
Lee himself proclaimed that even though he was not a professional fighter, he would be able to win a real fight against anybody else in the world.
And in all likelihood, was murdered over his use of martial arts in The West...

Plus...

Lee also appeared at the 1967 Long Beach International Karate Championships[36] and performed various demonstrations, including the famous "unstoppable punch" against USKA world karate champion Vic Moore. Lee told Moore that he was going to throw a straight punch to the face, and all he had to do was to try and block it. Lee took several steps back and asked if Moore was ready, when Moore nodded in affirmation, Lee glided towards him until he was within striking range. He then threw a straight punch directly at Moore's face, and stopped before impact. In eight attempts, Moore failed to block any of the punches

I'm going to go ahead and assume he was more than just a movie star who was pretending. Just a bit.

Warlord23
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
^^Don't confuse cornbread with the facts ... according to him Lee was no different from his karate instructor and would get his ass kicked by everyone from Shaq to Eddy curry to 50 cent

balli
12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
My question is the same as yours... Out of all the NBA players, why Shaq? All he's ever done in fights is miss haymakers and tip over.