PDA

View Full Version : Wow, way to go bozo!!

florige
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Makes it so much easier for the rest of us....:rolleyes And to think this douche has/had jurisdiction everywhere.... And we wonder why people hate police officers.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_county/bal-trooper1222,0,4513141.story

State trooper fired after drunken high-speed chase
Man, 22, arrested on charges of kidnapping man at fast-food drive-through in Towson
By Gus G. Sentementes | [email protected]
4:51 PM EST, December 22, 2008
A trooper was fired today by the Maryland State Police after he was arrested on charges of kidnapping a man in his marked cruiser at a fast-food drive-through, then leading Baltimore County police on a drunken high-speed chase.

The incident unfolded about 2:30 a.m. Saturday at a Taco Bell restaurant at Loch Raven Boulevard and Taylor Avenue in Towson. Witnesses told county police officers that a trooper in plainclothes activated his siren and began yelling at people in the drive-through to "get the [expletive] out of the way," according to police charging documents.

The trooper, Bruce Anthony Wrzosek, 22, of the 2500 block of Taylor Ave., assaulted several people in a car and then forced one of them, a 20-year-old man, into his cruiser without handcuffs, according to charging documents.

Just as Wrzosek was getting into his cruiser, a county officer arrived and asked him to park his vehicle, but Wrzosek sped away, charging documents say.

After a brief high-speed chase during which, according to charging documents, the trooper used his lights and sirens to speed through at least one red light, he stopped the vehicle and was arrested by Baltimore County police after failing a field sobriety test. His blood alcohol content was measured at 0.20 -- more than double the state's legal limit of 0.08 for driving under the influence, according to charging documents.

Greg Shipley, a state police spokesman, said Wrzosek had completed training academy Dec. 21, 2007. As a recent hire, Wrzosek was on a mandatory two-year probation period with the Maryland State Police and, during that period, certain job-protection rules afforded by the Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights do not apply, according to Shipley.

"Obviously, these allegations are very serious and certainly not a part of Maryland State Police traditions," Shipley said. "We certainly don't condone any aspect of this."

Wrzosek had been issued a take-home state police cruiser as part of his assignment working road patrol while based at the Golden Ring barracks in Baltimore County. Shipley said the Wrzosek's last workday before his arrest was Wednesday.

The trooper had been disciplined internally for an incident in April, outside a bar in Canton in Southeast Baltimore, according to Shipley and electronic court documents. Baltimore police officers spotted him and another man drinking on the sidewalk and tried to get them to leave and take a cab, but the trooper allegedly began cursing at the officers, charging documents in that case show.

Wrzosek was accused of disorderly conduct fueled by excessive drinking, possession of an open container and another alcohol-related charge. All three charges were placed on the city District Court's inactive docket after he completed some community service and wrote an apology, according to electronic court records and the city state's attorney's office.

Shipley would not say how Wrzosek was disciplined and said it was a personnel matter at the time. He said that the earlier alcohol-related incident did not involve a state police cruiser and had also occurred off-duty.

Cpl. Michael Hill, a Baltimore County police spokesman, would not comment beyond the information contained in the police charging documents.

Those documents allege that after the trooper kidnapped a 20-year-old man, he was pursued by a county police sergeant in a marked cruiser, with lights and sirens activated. While speeding on Taylor Avenue, the trooper activated his emergency lights and drove through a red light at Perring Parkway, documents say.

After entering a nearby neighborhood and making several turns, the trooper stopped his cruiser on Tilmont Avenue, near Taylor Avenue. County police officers conducted a field sobriety test and the trooper made self-incriminating statements to police, according to charging documents. He was arrested at 3:03 a.m., according to police. He subsequently failed a breath test for measuring the level of alcohol in his body, document say.

No one was hurt in the incident, including the 20-year-old man.

Wrzosek was not carrying his service weapon, but he did have his own off-duty pistol in the glove box of the cruiser, according to charging documents.

Wrzosek is charged with kidnapping, second-degree assault, false imprisonment and alcohol-related traffic violations. He is being held on $500,000 bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

The attorney who represented Wrzosek in his earlier alcohol-related arrest could not be reached for comment this afternoon.

florige
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
This asshole should have been suspended after the first incident because he was still on probation.

2Blonde
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Makes it so much easier for the rest of us....:rolleyes And to think this douche has/had jurisdiction everywhere.... And we wonder why people hate police officers.

My dad & my nephew were/are police officers.I have great respect for them and most officers in general. That being said, there are idiots in every profession. I have definitely encountered a few of the less than stellar ones in my many years on this earth. I have no doubt that you are one of the good ones.:toast

florige
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
My dad & my nephew were/are police officers.I have great respect for them and most officers in general. That being said, there are idiots in every profession. I have definitely encountered a few of the less than stellar ones in my many years on this earth. I have no doubt that you are one of the good ones.:toast

Thanks 2Blonde! It just pisses me off reading crap like this. People already have a low opinion of police officers as it is, and this punk was a state trooper.
But I could have sworn for the life of me that that in order to be a MD State trooper they had a minimum age. 22 seems awfully young to be given that much responsibility. He had to have known someone. I mean this dude had a take home vehicle and everything at 22. Hell I have to share my cruiser with the daytime dude.

I. Hustle
12-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I hate cops! F'n pigs!

:lol j/k

ORION
12-23-2008, 10:05 AM
What else is there to do in Baltimore ?

phyzik
12-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Its my opinion that most cops are douche bags and there are just a few good ones here in San Antonio. I was arrested for speeding doing 75 in a 65 and an expired drivers license, which I completely understood why he was taking me in.... but as Im waiting for the magistrate I can hear a few cops talking outside the cell, one asshole cop is telling the other asshole cop that he had picked his bike up from 45 to 120mph just on the on-ramp.

Fuck those self righteous pigs, they almost all believe they are above the laws they try to enforce. Not all of them are pricks but I'd have to say at least 90% of them are from my experiences.

thispego
12-23-2008, 03:05 PM
this cop is no different from any others

florige
12-23-2008, 03:08 PM
this cop is no different from any others

Not really because this asshole got canned.

Bozo
12-23-2008, 03:40 PM
What an idiot.

DarkReign
12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Think about the psychology behind a person wanting to be a cop.

Its the smallest slice of power afforded a private citizen, and wanna be jocks and has been fuckheads flock to the profession for the very obvious advantages afforded to those behind the shield.

Its a power-trip, plain and simple. Nothing admirable about it at all.

The Reckoning
12-23-2008, 03:49 PM
i respect cops who go into ghettos and respond to shootings (especially the ones at taco stands - gotta have my tacos), but when there are self-righteous pigs busting college parties and giving every damn person at them MIPs, i can't stand them. i have met a few cool cops, but i could tell most of them didnt like their job very much.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-23-2008, 03:49 PM
DR, you didn't care fore Coil, Trozak or Fergie growing up?

I see Ferg at the bar from time to time. In his uni.