PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anna Cannonball Stolen

mrsmaalox
12-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Santa Anna Cannonball Stolen

http://www.ksat.com/news/18344046/detail.html

SAN ANTONIO -- The original owner of a cannonball reported stolen from a display in San Antonio won't be claiming the weapon of war when it's found.

Police say the historic cannonball, which was still missing Tuesday, had belonged to Mexican Gen. Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna.

The general was in charge of Mexican soldiers who stormed the Alamo on March 6, 1836.

Police say the softball-size cannonball was in a display case at the FairmoUnt Hotel. The theft was discovered Monday.

Police, in a news release, said the cannonball has been certified by the Institute of Texan Cultures as being authentic.
Copyright 2008

mrsmaalox
12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Why would anyone take something like that? Just to be a complete asshole? Why wasn't that cannonball in the museum instead of a hotel? People had their own personal cannonballs back then?

Viva Las Espuelas
12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
that sucks.

xtremesteven33
12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
haha....stealing cannonballs.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-30-2008, 01:29 PM
T H E Y
F O U N D
I T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrsmaalox
12-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Praise the Lord!! Is it okay? Who had it?

ORION
12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
T H E Y
F O U N D
I T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh! That is terrific news. I was just hoping they would. Now Santa Anna can rest peacefully..........

sa_butta
12-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Stolen Alamo Cannonball Found

Relic Once Belonged To Santa Anna

POSTED: Tuesday, December 30, 2008
UPDATED: 12:26 pm CST December 30, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- A stolen cannonball that was used in the battle of the Alamo has been found and returned to its owner.

The cannonball, which once belonged to Mexican Gen. Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, was found at O.P. Schnabel Park on the city's northwest side by Nicos Esquivel, who was biking on the trails at the park.

Esquivel said he decided to investigate when he saw an opened bag.

"I kicked it and it felt really heavy," he said. "I looked at it and opened it up and I thought it was a bowling ball at first but then some walkers came up and said, 'That's a cannonball.'"

Esquivel then called the Fairmont Hotel, where it had been on display until it was noticed missing Dec. 22.

A $5,000 reward was offered for the return of the stolen relic.

The cannonball dates back to March 1836 and was certified as authentic by the Institute of Texan Cultures.

http://www.ksat.com/news/18382652/detail.html?rss=ant&psp=news

ORION
12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Stolen Alamo Cannonball Found

Relic Once Belonged To Santa Anna

POSTED: Tuesday, December 30, 2008
UPDATED: 12:26 pm CST December 30, 2008

SAN ANTONIO -- A stolen cannonball that was used in the battle of the Alamo has been found and returned to its owner.

The cannonball, which once belonged to Mexican Gen. Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, was found at O.P. Schnabel Park on the city's northwest side by Nicos Esquivel, who was biking on the trails at the park.

Esquivel said he decided to investigate when he saw an opened bag.

"I kicked it and it felt really heavy," he said. "I looked at it and opened it up and I thought it was a bowling ball at first but then some walkers came up and said, 'That's a cannonball.'"

Esquivel then called the Fairmont Hotel, where it had been on display until it was noticed missing Dec. 22.

A $5,000 reward was offered for the return of the stolen relic.

The cannonball dates back to March 1836 and was certified as authentic by the Institute of Texan Cultures.

http://www.ksat.com/news/18382652/detail.html?rss=ant&psp=news

yeah right ! he was the one who took it. He just so happened to find a bag and kicked it. If he didn't take the cannonball then he was robbing people in the park. sonofabitch! I wish I would have thought of that. I've played ball there at OP.

fatsack
12-30-2008, 04:19 PM
he was the one who took it.

:greedy
yup

I. Hustle
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Damn