PDA

View Full Version : The official Lakers Celtics Christmas day game thread

Lakers_55
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I'll be leaving the high desert, kind of near Las Vegas yet in California, early in the AM for San Diego until Saturday. If I am lucky, I can get online at my nieces' house and see what's happening here!

I love how the fans have crowned the Celtics already, just as we got the nod earlier. It's still the regular season for crying out loud. Anyway, Lakers will beat the Celtics on Christmas.

Kobe and Redeem Team II for the win! FTW!!

Edit: Oh, and Merry Christmas to every single person who reads this line! :)

Kobe™
12-23-2008, 10:43 PM
This is it...
Wheres the dopeness, the pics, the glitz, the glamour?
{yeah overreaction but w/e}
BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON BABY!

*makes new thread*
http://i44.tinypic.com/2d6kvwx.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/d_julien/LAKERSISG.png
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/d_julien/there_will_be_blood.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/d_julien/AceArt.jpg

Roxsfan
12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
go lakers:(

Allanon
12-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Little Green Elves versus Lakers Juggernaut

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/g5c8tyrf8jlzu05rwwwd.jpg http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/cq98lcayiitrm8vky3z5.jpg

Ho Ho Ho!
http://moldychum.typepad.com/moldy_chum/images/sexy_santa.jpg http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/xoom2tagztn9mgetecz9.jpghttp://badpussy.org/uploads/files/swmpyp1gg8mgqc126rjn.jpg

Kobe™
12-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Lovely females Allanon :D

Matchman
12-23-2008, 11:33 PM
on one hand i dont want the celtics to break the 22-game winning streak record
on the other hand i want the lakers so the rockets can gain some ground on the standings.
is there a way for both team to lose?:depressed

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Little Green Elves versus Lakers Juggernaut

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/g5c8tyrf8jlzu05rwwwd.jpg http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/cq98lcayiitrm8vky3z5.jpg

Ho Ho Ho!
http://moldychum.typepad.com/moldy_chum/images/sexy_santa.jpg http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/xoom2tagztn9mgetecz9.jpghttp://badpussy.org/uploads/files/swmpyp1gg8mgqc126rjn.jpg

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-23-2008, 11:36 PM
hahaha i just had to do that!

j.dizzle
12-23-2008, 11:47 PM
on one hand i dont want the celtics to break the 22-game winning streak record
on the other hand i want the lakers so the rockets can gain some ground on the standings.
is there a way for both team to lose?:depressed

well they do have ties in the nfl..maybe they can put that rule into the nba :lol

z0sa
12-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Celtics win.

Rohirrim
12-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Beat those Cali girls back down the standings

MarHill
12-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Well first of all, thats not a record... its just a team best. The Lakers already hold the record for most wins in a row with 33. And Boston dont have a shot in hell at winning in LA on Christmas. They will get curb stomped just like every other so-called contender have this year.

Have you guys noticed that? Every team that came into the season thinking they were a contender, the Lakers just man handled them.

That is wishful thinking on your part, Lakaluva!!

I believe the Celtics can go into L.A. and win that game easily. Until, the Lakers decide to play defense consistently they can't beat Boston in a 7 game series.

The Lakers are dynamic offensively.......but the playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. Plus, I believe the Spurs and Rockets will be the most formidable challengers in the West....so they better keep their eyes on that!!!

:flag:

mystargtr34
12-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Well first of all, thats not a record... its just a team best. The Lakers already hold the record for most wins in a row with 33. And Boston dont have a shot in hell at winning in LA on Christmas. They will get curb stomped just like every other so-called contender have this year.

Have you guys noticed that? Every team that came into the season thinking they were a contender, the Lakers just man handled them.

Orlando thought they were a contender, then went out and proved it by curbstomping the Lakers.

I think LA will probly win the Christmas game, Boston cant keep winning forever, theyre bound for a letdown soon.

If they meet in the Finals again though, i think Boston wins convincingly again.

ElNono
12-24-2008, 12:07 AM
I think the Celtics have this game, even though I don't like them any better than the Lakers.

Lakers_55
12-24-2008, 12:23 AM
I posted this befire, it needs updating. Stats for what it's worth, although I don't put a great deal of emphasis on regular season results:

Last year Lakers were 18-10 after 28 games, this year it's 23-5. Last year, before we traded for Gasol, we were 15-13 against teams that went on to make the playoffs. After the trade, we were 13-3 and Gasol was injured early in one loss and missed another. This year, we are 11-2 against teams that made the playoffs last year.

Until the teams that will make the playoffs can bring us back down to the 15-13 level, we are going to be competing. I am not worried.

bostonguy
12-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Im already enjoying the souther cali life right here in Santa Monica(got in a few hours ago). God im fucking excited about Thursday. Once I enter the Staples Center Thursday and take my seat, it's going to feel like a dream come true. I have had a hard time sleeping so far this week and I see this problem only getting worse as Thursday approaches. Easily the best xmas gift I have ever had. Holy shit im going to a Lakers game in Los Angeles! I also plan on going to the game under the influence. :lmao

j.dizzle
12-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Im already enjoying the souther cali life right here in Santa Monica(got in a few hours ago). God im fucking excited about Thursday. Once I enter the Staples Center Thursday and take my seat, it's going to feel like a dream come true. I have had a hard time sleeping so far this week and I see this problem only getting worse as Thursday approaches. Easily the best xmas gift I have ever had. Holy shit im going to a Lakers game in Los Angeles! I also plan on going to the game under the influence. :lmao

thats sick u lucky bastard haha..i live in LA so ive been to a bunch of games but nothing as big as the christmas game coming up..enjoy it & make sure u have some protection if your gonna wear a celtics jersey to the game haha jk have fun

DrHouse
12-24-2008, 01:03 AM

:lmao you're so fucking ugly and you're accent makes you sound ret-AAAAR-DED

bostonguy
12-24-2008, 01:47 AM
:lmao you're so fucking ugly and you're accent makes you sound ret-AAAAR-DED

Give him the stick...no dont give him the stick...your not my dad...ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao

DazedAndConfused
12-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Give him the stick...no dont give him the stick...your not my dad...ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao

Get in the CAHHHH! I speak like I'm RETAAHHHDED. I have the worst accent in AmericAAHHHH

bostonguy
12-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Hi spursdynasty/drhouse

bostonguy
12-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Everyone forgot that once you get past the franchise name "Lakers" and "Kobe Bryant", this current roster has no superstar talent.

You're absolutely right, which makes it all the more amazing that they trashed the Spurs who have 3 legitimate superstar players.

How ironic the responses were 7 minutes apart.:lmao:lmao

IronMexican
12-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Get it done, guys! I haven't been this nervous and impatient for a game since Christmas 2004.

DazedAndConfused
12-24-2008, 03:38 AM
I'm ugly, pasty white, and speak like a retard. They call us Bostonians.

bostonguy
12-24-2008, 03:54 AM
:lmao:lmao denial

DazedAndConfused
12-24-2008, 04:18 AM
:lmao:lmao denial

:lmao:lmao ugly

IronMexican
12-24-2008, 04:33 AM
http://thelakersnation.com/blog/wp-content/themes/k2/images/headers/bryantxmas.jpg

whatever it takes, get it done!

Darrin
12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Which duo would you take:

Howard / Kobe
or
KG / Paul

hater
12-24-2008, 10:14 AM
I hope somehow they both lose

LnGrrrR
12-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Here's hoping the Celtics can pull it out... if anything, to shut up the Lakers fans on the board. :D

TheMACHINE
12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Orlando thought they were a contender, then went out and proved it by curbstomping the Lakers.

I think LA will probly win the Christmas game, Boston cant keep winning forever, theyre bound for a letdown soon.

If they meet in the Finals again though, i think Boston wins convincingly again.

Really? Orlando proved that that can BARELY win at home. Curbstomping my ass.

DrHouse
12-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Spur fan has a very distorted sense of reality.

They still think the only reason they got bitchslapped by the Lakers last year was because Manu was hurt. Oh and the refs were out to get them :lmao

Allanon
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm not even sure why the Celtics would show up for the game.

They should just take the loss now so they don't have the embarrassment of a whuppin' on CHristmas Day with all their families watching.

Rapin' Kobe
12-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Ho ho ho, wut up bitches I'm back
The Black Mamba is coiled and ready to attack
The best thing for me about beatin the Celtics
Is not seeing fat fuck Shaq this Christmas

After the game, some pussies are gettin wrecked
And white bitches will have facial requests to reject
I'm bout to punish Paul Pierce and rape his face
Yo, Boston Celtics, tell me how my ass taste!

Allanon
12-24-2008, 02:13 PM
http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh348/aluminati24242424/churchsign.jpg

SmellyFeet
12-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Ho ho ho, wut up bitches I'm back
The Black Mamba is coiled and ready to attack
The best thing for me about beatin the Celtics
Is not seeing fat fuck Shaq this Christmas

After the game, some pussies are gettin wrecked
And white bitches will have facial requests to reject
I'm bout to punish Paul Pierce and rape his face
Yo, Boston Celtics, tell me how my ass taste!

:king:lmao

YellowFever
12-24-2008, 02:52 PM

Nah, dude, don't do that.

You're better off driving up Malibu and getting to Santa Barbara and visiting the vinyards and getting shit-faced drunk on those awesome wines they have up there.

Am I the only guy on this board that thinks the x-mas game is/will be inconsequential by the time play-offs arrive?

Sure, i'll watch the game because I have nothing better to do but my Christmas won't be affected one way or the other if the Lake-Show win/lose this game.

In some sense, I hope the Lakers lose.
It'll keep them humble and some of the younger players on this team think they are the sole reason why the lakers are an elite team.

Will be kinda nice to kick their asses psychologicaly. (sp)

Allanon
12-24-2008, 02:55 PM

Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the game, you sure you don't want to give me your ticket?

And don't forget, stay away from the Mexicans with beers in their hands.

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-24-2008, 03:07 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8etrJo0dcWY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8etrJo0dcWY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Lakers-Celtics X-Mas trailer, sick video!

DazedAndConfused
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Isn't it hilarious how these same bandwagon BOS fans were chanting MVP for Kobe in the Garden just two short years ago?

Kobe™
12-24-2008, 03:15 PM
It's on tomorrow Baby,

I won't be on till 26th/27th.. so Merry Christmas everyone!

Private Pyle
12-24-2008, 03:19 PM
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

dirk4mvp
12-24-2008, 03:24 PM

:wow

Medvedenko
12-24-2008, 03:40 PM
It's going to be a great game....we should just fast forward until the finals and duel it out. :)

duncan228
12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Boston (27-2) at Los Angeles (23-5) Preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview;_ylt=Asud77NkWuQyna46LSG_OTbcvrYF?gid=2008 122513&prov=ap)
Game info: 5:00 pm EST Thu Dec 25, 2008
TV: ABC
By Mike Lipka

It turns out the NBA’s most storied rivalry didn’t die - it was just dormant for the better part of two decades.

Not anymore.

When the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics meet at Staples Center on Thursday for the first time since last season’s NBA finals, both teams will again come in leading their respective conferences, with Boston’s club-record 19-game winning streak adding an extra dimension to a much-anticipated Christmas Day rematch.

“It’s good for the game,” Lakers star Kobe Bryant said. “Growing up in high school, you hear Bulls and Knicks, Lakers-Celtics and all this other stuff. The hype is what creates the atmosphere and the energy for people who watch the game. It’s enjoyable for us to be a part of it. I know if I was coming up in high school, I’d be tuning in, just like everybody else.”

With the Celtics perpetually struggling to rebuild since the days when Larry Bird and the old Big Three would often tangle in the finals with Magic Johnson and the Lakers, Boston was an afterthought for Los Angeles when it returned to prominence with three straight NBA titles from 2000-02.

But the Celtics reloaded before last season, uniting Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen with mainstay Paul Pierce, and the rivalry reignited. Both teams earned top seeds for the playoffs and eventually met in the NBA finals for the first time since 1987 and 11th time overall.

Boston captured its 17th NBA title in six games, with the franchise’s revival meaning even more considering it was the ninth time it earned a championship by beating the Lakers.

The series turned in Game 4, when the Celtics came back from a 24-point deficit to win 97-91 at Staples Center for a commanding 3-1 lead in the series. Boston then finished it off in resounding fashion at home, with its 131-92 Game 6 victory the biggest blowout ever in a finals clincher.

“It means everything,” Pierce said at the time. “I’m not living under the shadows of the other greats now. I’m able to make my own history with my time here.”

With both teams cruising in the early going, they could be destined for another meeting in mid-June. The Lakers (23-5), who are 14-1 at home, lead the Western Conference in the standings and the NBA in scoring, averaging 107.0 points.

But Boston has been even more dominant in defense of its title, becoming the first team in NBA history to start 27-2. The Celtics are again among the league’s best defensive teams, holding opponents to a league-low 42.0 percent shooting.

They’ve also been as efficient as ever offensively during their 19-game winning streak, shooting 51.1 percent and averaging 107.0 points - 120.0 in the last three games.

The team surpassed the 1981-82 Celtics’ franchise-best winning streak with Tuesday’s 110-91 win over Philadelphia - with Boston fans chanting “Beat L.A!” during the fourth quarter. If the Celtics do that, they would match the 1971 Milwaukee Bucks for the third-longest run in league history.

“If we can stop their winning streak, that’s a significant thing,” Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. “They’re going to want to say, ‘Hey, we didn’t get stopped by the Lakers.’ So they’ve got a challenge here, too.”

But the Celtics claim not to care about the streak. Coach Doc Rivers said Tuesday, “no one even mentioned it,” and Garnett said even a matchup with the Lakers won’t divert their focus.

“I totally appreciate the whole history of the Lakers and Celtics and the tradition, the players who’ve come through both teams, the foundations of this league,” Garnett said. “But to put all the eggs in one basket on one game, or that we circle it … we circle all the games, and if you’re on the schedule we don’t decline any shows.”

Neither do the Lakers and Jackson, who would become the fastest coach to 1,000 career victories with a win.

Los Angeles opened a recent road trip with back-to-back losses at Miami and Orlando, but it salvaged a split of the four-game swing, and Tuesday’s 100-87 victory at New Orleans should provide plenty of momentum.

The Lakers were criticized for being unable to keep up with Boston defensively last summer, but they held the Hornets to 41.6 percent shooting.

The Celtics will also have to contend with a weapon that the Lakers didn’t have for the finals, as center Andrew Bynum is back from a knee injury and averaging 12.4 points and 8.4 rebounds.

Bynum did play in both of the teams’ regular-season meetings in 2007-08, which Boston swept - including a 110-91 road win last Dec. 30.

Pierce, who grew up in Los Angeles rooting for the Lakers, had 33 points in that game, then was the finals MVP after averaging 21.8 points and 6.3 assists in the series.

Notes

Celtics:

Boston came into Tuesday's game shooting 63 percent and scoring 250 points in its last two games. The Celtics have scored at least 100 points in each of their last three games. ... F Leon Powe scored a season-high 15 points. ... F Glen Davis missed his second straight game after getting into a car accident on the Massachusetts Turnpike on Sunday in a snow storm. Davis flew with the team out to the West Coast and could be ready to return to action as soon as Friday, when the Celtics play Golden State. He sustained a minor concussion and whiplash when his vehicle was hit broadside.

Lakers:

The Lakers are the first team to score 100-plus points on the Hornets in the past nine games. ... Last season, no team beat the Hornets at home twice in the regular season; the Lakers have already done that this season. ... The Lakers snapped a six-game winning streak for New Orleans. .. Tuesday's victory was No. 999 for Phil Jackson in his coaching career.

Team Stat Leaders

Ray Allen Bos 18.7
Kobe Bryant LAL 26.1

Rebounds

Kevin Garnett Bos 8.9
Pau Gasol LAL 9.1

Assists

Rajon Rondo Bos 7.4
Kobe Bryant LAL 4.2

Team Comparison

Team Record Standings PF PA Road/Home Streak L10

Boston 27-2 1st Atlantic / 1st East 102.3 91.4 Road 10-1 Won 19 10-0

Los Angeles 23-5 1st Pacific / 1st West 107.0 97.5 Home 14-1 Won 2 7-3

mystargtr34
12-24-2008, 06:14 PM

They still think the only reason they got bitchslapped by the Lakers last year was because Manu was hurt. Oh and the refs were out to get them :lmao

Manu's injury didnt effect the Spurs?

j.dizzle
12-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the game, you sure you don't want to give me your ticket?

:lol sad but true..there will be drama if ur talking crap during the game if your wearing anything celtics related haha..some laker fans are straight up nuts & will do something stupid if you piss them off..have fun though :toast

Reck
12-24-2008, 07:18 PM

Do that and you'll end up like this guy..

http://bayoucitysportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/welp.jpg

:lol

Allanon
12-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Paul Pierce asked Santa for a Hero Jersey

Pierce was injured in the third quarter and was carried off the court in serious pain.However, he came back to the court only a few minutes later to spark the Celtics with 15 points in the third quarter en route to a 98–88 victory.

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/efyky3acn1ehexqi2qxt.jpg

Reck
12-24-2008, 07:23 PM

:rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-24-2008, 07:25 PM

Two things.

1) Wouldn't that require staying away from LA?
2) Isn't the description "Mexicans with beer" a little redundant?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-24-2008, 07:27 PM

I don't think Jesus appreciates that sign claiming he cheers for a rapist.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-24-2008, 07:30 PM

newsflash: Boston won the finals, Pierce won finals MVP and dominated Kobe so badly Kobe thought for a second he worked at a Colorado hotel Pierce was staying at.

In other words, you look like a D-Bag making fun of the team that owned the Lakers.

The_Game
12-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Pierce didn't dominate shit...

PP is so overrated the guy shot 43% in the finals how the hell is that dominating? celtics won mainly due to allen and KG

lil_penny
12-24-2008, 08:06 PM
This isnt even going to be a game, "the christmas day massacre" it will be called and will join the list of laker losses on christmas. im more excited to see the suns and spurs game and the blazers and mavs.
why watch a game you already know the outcome?

Gant
12-24-2008, 08:31 PM
http://showhype.com/video/matt_damon_gu ... cs_lakers/

The_Game
12-24-2008, 08:34 PM
This isnt even going to be a game, "the christmas day massacre" it will be called and will join the list of laker losses on christmas. im more excited to see the suns and spurs game and the blazers and mavs.
why watch a game you already know the outcome?

shut up you idiot

stop acting as if the lakers aren't a great team, they have a great shot to win this game. Lakers aren't playing great but you don't win any titles by playing great in december.

Lakers will have a great chance at winning it all come june time.

IronMexican
12-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Yup, I will be AWOL after this game for about 3-4 days. either celebrating, or mourning. Either way, I wont be on for a while.

lil_penny
12-24-2008, 08:53 PM
shut up you idiot

stop acting as if the lakers aren't a great team, they have a great shot to win this game. Lakers aren't playing great but you don't win any titles by playing great in december.

Lakers will have a great chance at winning it all come june time.

Are you kidding me? Lakers aren't even the same team. If they were playing like they were the starting of the season I would agree with you. But they are a totally different team now. Lazy ass defense isn't gonna win crap aginst the celtics.. they are a freighttrain right now and are playing excellent ball. I'm just being realistic..

The_Game
12-24-2008, 09:12 PM
IT'S DECEMBER!!!

lakers proved against the hornets they can turn it on when they need to....just look at the lakers record against the teams above 500 this year...11-2? or something like that

to say lakers can't beat boston when they are home is idiotic...i still think L.A are better than boston. they just aren't playing great at the moment

it's how they play in june is what counts

cobbler
12-24-2008, 10:00 PM

newsflash: Boston won the finals, Pierce won finals MVP and dominated Kobe so badly Kobe thought for a second he worked at a Colorado hotel Pierce was staying at.

In other words, you look like a D-Bag making fun of the team that owned the Lakers.

We get it already! Your obssesed with Kobe and you hate him. You like rehasing the same OLD news and your too pathetic to come up with anything original of your own. You really should give it it rest. Makes you look really jealous. :whine

DazedAndConfused
12-24-2008, 10:16 PM
LMAO at all the Laker hatred. Lets me know they must be good again :toast

Even if the Lakers win this game I don't think their roster is good enough to win it all. I want LO traded ASAP, and I think if they win that will never happen. He has a giant expiring K too.....perfect trading chip for a team that wants to shed salary.

YellowFever
12-25-2008, 01:28 AM

C'mon....you should know that the only reason why the Spurs aren't on a 8 game championship dynasty run right now is because of some of their players getting hurt or the referees have it in for them.
(Well according to alot of Spurs fans on this board anyways...)

Manu's injury didnt effect the Spurs?

So they would have won if he wasn't hurt?
See my first point.

YellowFever
12-25-2008, 01:29 AM

I don't think Jesus appreciates you calling a guy that wasn't convicted of rape a rapist.

DazedAndConfused
12-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Duncan owns Kobe???

Are you kidding me? What kind of fucking ganja were you smoking when you made that username. Kobe, Phil Jackson, and the rest of the Lakers have SHIT ALL OVER THE SPURS in the past decade save two years. He owns Duncan if anything. What a ridiculously retarded username.

Findog
12-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Duncan owns Kobe???

Are you kidding me? What kind of fucking ganja were you smoking when you made that username. Kobe, Phil Jackson, and the rest of the Lakers have SHIT ALL OVER THE SPURS in the past decade save two years. He owns Duncan if anything. What a ridiculously retarded username.

What's up Jeff?

bostonguy
12-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Nah, dude, don't do that.

You're better off driving up Malibu and getting to Santa Barbara and visiting the vinyards and getting shit-faced drunk on those awesome wines they have up there.

Am I the only guy on this board that thinks the x-mas game is/will be inconsequential by the time play-offs arrive?

Sure, i'll watch the game because I have nothing better to do but my Christmas won't be affected one way or the other if the Lake-Show win/lose this game.

In some sense, I hope the Lakers lose.
It'll keep them humble and some of the younger players on this team think they are the sole reason why the lakers are an elite team.

Will be kinda nice to kick their asses psychologicaly. (sp)

Dawg it could be the Thunder playing the Lakers in Los Angeles and id have this excitement if it was my first time going to Staples. The fact it will be against my favorite team just makes it sweeter. I've always wanted to go to a Lakers home game. Others may not think of something like this as a big deal but it is HUGE for me.

bostonguy
12-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Do that and you'll end up like this guy..

http://bayoucitysportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/welp.jpg

If I end up on tv that will be the shit. I wouldnt mind ending up being like that guy. The high of euphoria and alcohol is going to be in full effect where nothing will conflict with it. Ahhhhh gametime is like 13 hours away!

Kobe™
12-25-2008, 04:53 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/w7hcpi.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/4uj6hd.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2uqbsxd.jpg

angelbelow
12-25-2008, 05:20 AM
lakers were actually favored. so i bet celtics. should be a good one.

mystargtr34
12-25-2008, 09:17 AM
C'mon....you should know that the only reason why the Spurs aren't on a 8 game championship dynasty run right now is because of some of their players getting hurt or the referees have it in for them.
(Well according to alot of Spurs fans on this board anyways...)

So they would have won if he wasn't hurt?
See my first point.

Probly not. I thought LA was the better team last year. But it definately would have gone at least 6 games and most likely 7 with a healthy Manu.

The Spurs had nothing outside the big 3, where as this year they have a solid 4th option in Mason and quality back up PG, not to mention Kurt Thomas who looks like he is finlly comfortable in the system.

mystargtr34
12-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Duncan owns Kobe???

Shaq's Lakers eliminated Duncan's Spurs 3 times.

Duncan's Spurs eliminated Shaq's Lakers 2 times.

I would hardly call that shitting on anyone, despite both sweeping one another.

duncan228
12-25-2008, 12:03 PM
In my newspaper (The Orange County Register) this morning, it says that on-line brokered court-side seats are going for $6,000.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-25-2008, 12:13 PM

No, I haven't. Then again, SA and LA are the two Western teams I consider contenders. New Orleans is not a contender. Portland isn't a contender with the lack of post offense. I might be a Suns fan and they are a contender on paper but paper doesn't account for their bad D. Do you, lakaluva, think any team in the West besides SA has a realistic shot at beating LA in the playoffs?

LA will get my props if they beat Boston today, and if/when they beat Cleveland, SA or Orlando that will also deserve praise. Those 5 teams are on their own tier IMO.

DazedAndConfused
12-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Shaq's Lakers eliminated Duncan's Spurs 3 times.

Duncan's Spurs eliminated Shaq's Lakers 2 times.

I would hardly call that shitting on anyone, despite both sweeping one another.

Nice try. Since Phil Jackson has come to LA the Lakers have lost only once to the Spurs.

They've beaten them 4 FUCKING TIMES with Kobe + Phil.

And let's not even discuss the 80's. Historically the Lakers have shit all over the Spurs franchise, the facts speak for themselves.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Duncan owns Kobe???

Duncan MVP's: 2
Kobe MVP's: 1

Duncan finals MVP's: 3
Kobe finals MVP's: 0

Duncan rings: 4
Kobe rings: 3

Duncan first team all NBA appearances: 9
Kobe first team all NBA appearances: 6

Duncan first defensive team appearances: 8
Kobe first defensive team appearances: 5

Duncan > Kobe

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-25-2008, 01:07 PM
LMAO at all the Laker hatred. Lets me know they must be good again :toast

Even if the Lakers win this game I don't think their roster is good enough to win it all. I want LO traded ASAP, and I think if they win that will never happen. He has a giant expiring K too.....perfect trading chip for a team that wants to shed salary.

Who do you want them to trade him for? I thought Odom 4 Marion would be good for LA but Allanon brought up a good point that they have no big men other than Mihm off the bench if that happens. I actually agree with you LA needs to trade him, but first they need another serviceable big off the bench so they can trade him.

Allanon
12-25-2008, 01:24 PM
http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/jca97ibyc1czabmpryky.jpg http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/nf1gikr8xf6pgemdcq0d.jpg

IronMexican
12-25-2008, 03:57 PM
One more hour! Let's get this done!

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/12/nudekobe.jpg

TheMACHINE
12-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Duncan > Kobe

jCG0JIorzGI

Allanon
12-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey Kevin, give me your deer caught in headlights look versus the Lakers Juggernaut?

http://www.nbainfo.dk/images/articles/Kevin%20Garnett%20funny%20faces%20(NBAE%20Getty%20 Images).jpg

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2008/06/09/paul_pierce_body_cast_phixr.png

j.dizzle
12-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Kevin, give me your deer caught in headlights look versus the Lakers Juggernaut?

http://www.nbainfo.dk/images/articles/Kevin%20Garnett%20funny%20faces%20%28NBAE%20Getty% 20Images%29.jpg

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2008/06/09/paul_pierce_body_cast_phixr.png
hahahahaha this shit is hilarious..how much do you guys wanna bet that pierce fakes another injury today?..the guy is turning into comedy the way he pretends hes hurt..just last week he was crying about hurting his knee again & came back & played perfecttly fine the next game..i love paulina :lol

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Damn, this looks like it's going to be an amazing game.

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Why the hell is Luke Walton starting?

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Man, Rondo is so much improved this season.

Warlord23
12-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Right now, it's Rondo who owns Kobe. Layup after layup with KB24 guarding him

Texas_Ranger
12-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Why the hell is Luke Walton starting?

cause he can shoot an airball.:rollin

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Boston's like Rakim man, Ain't No Joke.

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 05:32 PM
you wouldnt think it would be so hard to get back on d

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Goddamn, Kobe hits some sick shots.

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 05:37 PM
damn gasol is weak what does he do again?

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Derek Fisher should never guard Paul Pierce. :lol

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Damn, Perkins thinks he's Duncan on the block.

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Fuck, Allen got that shit off quick.

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 05:43 PM
are there any lakers or celtics fans on here?

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Beautiful save from fellow Bruin Trevor Ariza!

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 06:14 PM
kg with another cheap shot on a little guy. What a pussy

TheMACHINE
12-25-2008, 06:27 PM
pao is soft.

Reck
12-25-2008, 06:29 PM
pao is soft.

Is all that butt fucking. I'm telling ya.

Def Rowe
12-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Pao will not be that soft in the 2nd half.

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Is all that butt fucking. I'm telling ya.

21_Blessings
12-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Boston: Most overrated team in NBA history

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 06:35 PM
thats yet to be seen. Its only half time

RsxPiimp
12-25-2008, 06:37 PM

why do some of you guys open your mouth when the game is only halfway? sheesh save your fanbase the potential embarassment and shut up for a minute.

merry xmas btw.

xtremesteven33
12-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Boston wins this game....BOOK IT

lefty
12-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Kobe WOW

Reck
12-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Since when does odom shoot the 3?

That guy is killing your team Lakers fans.

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Is ABC running ESPN Classic's feed of game 4 or something?

lefty
12-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Is ABC running ESPN Classic's feed of game 4 or something?

lol

lefty
12-25-2008, 07:08 PM
How is that an offensive foul?

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 07:13 PM
that one looked good

lefty

lol

Ballin Boy

spoke to soon huh

Reck
12-25-2008, 07:15 PM
spoke to soon huh

Ok, he heard me and shut me up. But that's this game. Generally that's not his game and he's been hurting the Lakers more then helping them as of late.

SmellyFeet
12-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok, he heard me and shut me up. But that's this game. Generally that's not his game and he's been hurting the Lakers more then helping them as of late.

Odumb makes back to back 3's.

Shut you up, biatch.

Ballin Boy
12-25-2008, 07:22 PM

believe me I understand, as soon as i say something the opposite happens. To bad it doesnt work when i talk shit about my own team

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Ariza once again making some nice hustle plays.

baseline bum
12-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Nice, douchebag Laker fans boo Rondo when he's on the ground.

SmellyFeet
12-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Nice, douchebag Laker fans boo Rondo when he's on the ground.

Boohoo, here comes the wheel chair.

der Kaiser
12-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Pau! Bitches! :downspin:

SmellyFeet
12-25-2008, 07:50 PM
How surprising, rondo is completely fine after collapsing on the ground like an atom bomb exploded in his nut sack.

der Kaiser
12-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Someone get Pierce a wheel chair

Reck
12-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank you Lakers.

You took care of the Celts for the rest of us.:toast

turiaf for president
12-25-2008, 07:57 PM

ure a genius

SmellyFeet
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

turiaf for president
GREAT statement game for the lakers!!!!

Chieflion
12-25-2008, 07:58 PM
92-83 Laker victory. Pau Gasol wins it for the Lakers. Good win over the Celtics, Lakers.

Reck
12-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Every time someone says "Book it" That's instance curse.

xtremesteven33
12-25-2008, 08:01 PM
ure a genius

haha.....i forgot Boston wasnt the Spurs

xtremesteven33
12-25-2008, 08:02 PM

I gotta save my BOOK IT's for better games. sorry guys

Kobe™
12-25-2008, 08:05 PM

That's a negative.

Ghazi
12-25-2008, 08:07 PM
I didn't learn much about either team today. In a 7 game series I'd still take the Celtics if they had homecourt.

KidCongo
12-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Lakers made some shots. No surprises here.

cobbler
12-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I didn't learn much about either team today. In a 7 game series I'd still take the Celtics if they had homecourt.

Tards never really have been known for learning much... no surprise here.

21_Blessings
12-25-2008, 08:15 PM

Shut the fuck up faggot.

Boston is garbage. Barring injuries, the Lakers are winning the chip, easy.

Ghazi
12-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Tards never really have been known for learning much... no surprise here.

So you're implying today's game confirms that the Lakers are the better team and would win in a 7 game series? :rolleyes

Fabbs
12-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Was Boston throwing the last minute of the game to rig the spread?

Behind, with a chance to win and instead of getting shots off quickly they sit on the ball.:downspin::downspin:

xtremesteven33
12-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Shut the fuck up faggot.

Boston had a BAD game and still was in position to win.

Get all wet about this win Laker fans. You still belong to the C's

Kobe™
12-25-2008, 08:33 PM

Bad game?
C's were riding this streak
Pierce shooting good fg%
same with KG.

Lakers outrebounded too.

PFFT

SmellyFeet
12-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Sperms are scared. you can smell it. You scared, biatches?

Toy better be. 2008 play off all over again, BIATCHES!!!

RedsLakers24
12-25-2008, 08:43 PM
im just happy garnett stayed quiet the whole game

Def Rowe
12-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Man that was cool. Good game.

Armando
12-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Good to see the Lakers win when it counts.

Armando
12-25-2008, 08:49 PM
BTW why was this game in LA? I thought Boston were the champs.

Shank
12-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Book it.

21_Blessings
12-25-2008, 08:53 PM

Don't cry just because the Spurs are terrible and irrelevant.

21_Blessings
12-25-2008, 08:53 PM
BTW why was this game in LA? I thought Boston were the champs.

LA has played on the road during Christmas like the past 5 years

Ghazi
12-25-2008, 08:59 PM
They hosted the Suns on Christmas last year... moron.

Reck
12-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Shut the fuck up faggot.

Emo dumb fuck.

Sperms are scared. you can smell it. You scared, biatches?

Toy better be. 2008 play off all over again, BIATCHES!!!

We'll see about that.

Don't cry just because the Spurs are terrible and irrelevant.

Dellusional tard.

mystargtr34
12-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Pretty good game by LA. Kobe had a efficient shooting game. If he can stay closer to 50% or at least high 40's if they meet in the Finals then they will be alright, provided they play defense like the first 10 games of the season.

Allanon
12-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Just got back, wasn't at the game but was at a friend's house with like 50 people.

Superb game, and pretty good D.

Merry CHristmas to y'all no matter what team you root for.

xtremesteven33
12-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Lakers intensity was thru the roof. You could just tell they wanted it a little more than the Celtics.

Also the Celtics had a bad game. No denying that. LA had a GREAT game. Good game either way. Im still not convinced though that LA can beat Boston in a 7 game series. And yes LA is better than the Spurs right now, but.....

its still December :tu

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Great game!!!! Great intensity...
And to all you guys drooling all over Boston and wanting a celtic blowout...

We can compete with ANY team...ANY TEAM!! Boston is at their peak, but not against the LAKE SHOW baby....bring on the Cavs!!! :lol

Merry Christmas celtics and your 19 winning streak!! HAHAHAHA :toast

DazedAndConfused
12-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Just 7 pages long???

This was the most hyped regular season game of the year and we couldn't get more than 7 pages. Oh that's right, the Lakers were winning. Figures.

IronMexican
12-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Wooo! My house was going crazy after the game. Some people on the block were, too.

YellowFever
12-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Pretty good win against a great team.

Boston played attrocious offense.
Not giving the Lakers D 100% credit for that but from what I saw, it had alot to do with it.

Overall, the only significance I put on this win is that it widened the gap between the Lakers and the Suns by another game.
Thanks to the Spurs.

I think one of the reasons they won this game is because Farmar was nowhere around to act like a turnstyle for the opposing point guards.

DazedAndConfused
12-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Hilarious how Sperm fans go back into their caves after the Lakers shit all over their predictions. They can't own up to their shit talking, ever.

Reck
12-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Hilarious how Sperm fans go back into their caves after the Lakers shit all over their predictions. They can't own up to their shit talking, ever.

What a child.

DazedAndConfused
12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Garnett was on fire. Fisher was 2-10. Gasol was MIA for 3 quarter. Kobe didn't shoot a single freaking free throw. We just came off of playing 4 times on the road in 5 days. We still won by 9.

I'll take that.

DazedAndConfused
12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
What a child.

:lmao you butt hurt bitch! You SOOO wanted the Celtics to win but NOOO the Lakers owned your bitch ass AGAIN like they've been doing to your Spurs over the last decade.

Reck
12-25-2008, 09:55 PM
:lmao you butt hurt bitch! You SOOO wanted the Celtics to win but NOOO the Lakers owned your bitch ass AGAIN like they've been doing to your Spurs over the last decade.

Wrong.

I wanted the Lakers to win. And I reckon the Lakers haven't and will never owned me as I am not a roster on the Spurs team. Grow the fuck up.

TheMACHINE
12-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Celtics win.

I believe the Celtics can go into L.A. and win that game easily.

I think the Celtics have this game, even though I don't like them any better than the Lakers.

This isnt even going to be a game, "the christmas day massacre" it will be called and will join the list of laker losses on christmas. why watch a game you already know the outcome?

Are you kidding me? Lakers aren't even the same team. If they were playing like they were the starting of the season I would agree with you. But they are a totally different team now. Lazy ass defense isn't gonna win crap aginst the celtics.. they are a freighttrain right now and are playing excellent ball. I'm just being realistic..

:lol:lmao:lol:p::blah

Ness
12-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Great win by the Lakeshow. :lobt2: