PDA

View Full Version : Dikembe Support!!!

thOOdee
12-24-2008, 01:09 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/pez187b/content_mutombowag.jpg

Ok i know he isn't the most refreshing player and maybe he has lost a step. But the spurs desperately NEED A BIG! TO ADD, THE GUY IS 7'2, THE ROCKETS WENT ON THAT HUGE WINNING STREAK WHILE YAO WAS OUT WITH HELP FROM HIM, HE WOULD BE A HUGE MENTOR FOR A GUY LIKE IAN, AND WE WOULD ALL BE A LITTLE BETTER HUMANITARIANS FOR ADDING A GUY WITH HIS CLASS. Now i know this shouldn't be a permanent solution but atleast for this season because i am sorry for telling the truth, the spurs are great but this team currently won't cut it to win a championship. So lets hope the FO makes good.

Rohirrim
12-24-2008, 01:11 AM
In.

There's just something about that sexy voice.

TDMVPDPOY
12-24-2008, 01:25 AM
if you want him

i think all the women in SA have to sex the mutombo to get it going....

honestfool84
12-24-2008, 01:52 AM
because i am sorry for telling the truth,

why do i find the phrase so hilarious when used here in spurstalk?

mystargtr34
12-24-2008, 01:59 AM
I think he would be a good signing. When Tim goes out of games, the game becomes a lay up drill for the opposition. We have absolutely no one who can remotely protect the rim for the 12-15 minutes Tim is out. That becomes somewhat less of a problem in the playoffs when Duncan plays 40 per night - but its still a problem that needs to be addressed.

Secondly, he would become invaluble against LA and other teams with good frouncourts. Right now every big next to Duncan is undersized by some margin against Pau/Bynum.

z0sa
12-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Right now every big next to Duncan is undersized by some margin against Bynum.

FIFY. Bonner probably weighs more than Pau and could push him off the block. he wilts against strong team defense, see Spurs v grizzlies 2004.

Bynum is not good.

xtremesteven33
12-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Deke would be a good addition. We know what he can and cannot bring to this team. He wont bring youth but helll bring experience,defense, and rebounding.

Hes also a great locker room presence. And believe it or not, that matters alot in this league.

Im all for it. Even when Ian comes back fully healthy, Deke will be a mentor and a good insurance policy if Ian doesnt pan out.

Austin_Toros
12-24-2008, 02:29 AM
We have absolutely no one who can remotely protect the rim for the 12-15 minutes Tim is out.

has everyone forgotten or just come to hate kurt thomas?
we got this guy for the exact reasons people are saying sign motombo: to be a big, defensive presence. thomas is similar to motombo; he plays D.

i don't get why the spurs want so sign this :nope (fingerwager)

thomas currently does what motombo will do if we sign him.
dont sign dikembe, just play kurt more. problem fixed, everybody shutup.

Cry Havoc
12-24-2008, 02:49 AM
we got this guy for the exact reasons people are saying sign motombo: to be a big, defensive presence. thomas is similar to motombo; he plays D.

I gotta agree with this.

bigdog
12-24-2008, 03:04 AM
i love kurt thomas' game, but not at this stage in his career. he used to be an elite low post defender, but i havent seen much from him this year, and if he does anything it's a foul. the only thing IMO that he's good for is his jump shot.

but with that being said, I wouldn't want them to sign Deke. I love his game too, but he's 42, lost a step, and as much as we need a fix down low right now, i still think its better to have someone that at least has a chance to stick around for a couple of years.

pawe
12-24-2008, 03:07 AM

yes please

Rogue
12-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Mutombo is even older than Pop I'm afraid. Pop is pretty good so that we don't need a new head coach.

Maybe Mutombo can be a good assistant coach for centers btw we don't need him anyway. TD and Kurt don't need to be coached anymore, nor do Oberto. Bonner is still fresh and need a veteran to teach him something but he is of an absolute style from Mutombo. So we don't need him.

mrspurs
12-24-2008, 07:37 AM
I think he would be a good signing. When Tim goes out of games, the game becomes a lay up drill for the opposition. We have absolutely no one who can remotely protect the rim for the 12-15 minutes Tim is out. That becomes somewhat less of a problem in the playoffs when Duncan plays 40 per night - but its still a problem that needs to be addressed.

Secondly, he would become invaluble against LA and other teams with good frouncourts. Right now every big next to Duncan is undersized by some margin against Pau/Bynum.

Agreed. Matt seems tobe able to handle the smaller slower bigs. But pretty soon we're gonna have to rest Tim. And the Big D might be the answer in giving Tim real rest. Nevermind his size, we all know he is tall. I like those elbows he swings around that make you respect him. Catch a Big D elbow and you will feel it. And next time down the court, you will try to dodge'um.