PDA

View Full Version : Spurs nearly dealt Scola to Cavs instead

JPB
12-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Rockets Notes: Spurs nearly dealt Scola to Cavs instead
By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Dec. 23, 2008, 11:33PM

Twist of fate
For about two hours in July 2007, Luis Scola was pretty sure he was heading to Cleveland. The Rockets felt the same way.

The Spurs had the deal done to trade Scola’s rights to the Cavaliers, only to have it fall apart. Two hours later, talks heated up with the Rockets and within two more hours, the Rockets acquired the rights to Scola for Vassilis Spanoulis.

Scola went through ups and downs even more trying than the teams’.

“I think about it occasionally,” Scola, who had 11 points and eight rebounds on Tuesday, said. “I was really, really, really close. Until four hours before I was traded (to Houston) I was 80 percent sure I was coming to Cleveland.

“I was excited. Now, I think the best thing that could happen to me was to go to Houston. I’m really happy with everything, the way it turned out.”

JPB
12-24-2008, 08:46 AM
I wonder what spurs would have received from the cavs.

Spurs Brazil
12-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Scola thread!!!!!!!!!!!

benefactor
12-24-2008, 08:50 AM
I was excited. Now, I think the best thing that could happen to me was to go to Houston.
Liar...if you gave him a choice there is no doubt he would be playing with Manu and Oberto.

JPB
12-24-2008, 08:53 AM
He was probably reffering to going to Cleveland or Houston since he knew his rights were going to be dealt anyway.

MoSpur
12-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Who cares thread?

timvp
12-24-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the deal was Mike Bibby and Luis Scola to the Cavs, Drew Gooden and Jackie Butler to the Kings and a first round pick to the Spurs from the Cavs.

JPB
12-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Who cares thread?

So don't post here.

JPB
12-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm pretty sure the deal was Mike Bibby and Luis Scola to the Cavs, Drew Gooden and Jackie Butler to the Kings and a first round pick to the Spurs from the Cavs.

Interesting.
2008 pick ?

timvp
12-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Interesting.
2008 pick ?I think it was a future pick. Might have been a 2009 pick.

Bruno
12-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Spurs getting a first round pick hasn't been reported. It's just a speculation.

FYI, Spurs tried at first to trade Butler by himself. They had a deal in the works with New Jersey but it didn't work. Given that it didn't work, they had to package him with Scola in order to dump his contract.

JPB
12-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Spurs getting a first round pick hasn't been reported. It's just a speculation.

FYI, Spurs tried at first to trade Butler by himself. They had a deal in the works with New Jersey but it didn't work. Given that it didn't work, they had to package him with Scola in order to dump his contract.

Damn you Larry Brown !

jcrod
12-24-2008, 11:00 AM

Wow, that would've made the Cavs even better than they are now.

jcrod
12-24-2008, 11:00 AM
I'd take it the Kings backed out. Getting Drew probably didn't sound all that great.

honestfool84
12-24-2008, 11:12 AM
sweet!
another scola trade!

yess!

ehz33satx
12-24-2008, 02:54 PM
I wonder what spurs would have received from the cavs.

The rights to Lebron James, 2 future 1st round draft picks, & $10 million in cash. :wow

ehz33satx
12-24-2008, 02:55 PM
I mean come on , it's the great Luis Scola we are talking about here!

Booharv
12-24-2008, 04:28 PM
The rights to Lebron James, 2 future 1st round draft picks, & $10 million in cash. :wow

:lmao

itzsoweezee
12-24-2008, 05:28 PM
once again, FUCK HOLT, that cheap piece of shit motherfucker.

JPB
12-24-2008, 05:37 PM

:lol

If, as Timvp mentioned, a 1st round pick was in the deal, that could have been ineresting.

Duff McCartney
12-24-2008, 05:42 PM

What are you basing this on? Where do you get your information from?

SenorSpur
12-24-2008, 05:51 PM

...along with a bag of magic beans.

Austin_Toros
12-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Who cares thread?

lol yeah

especially when we're bringing up jackie butler in the conversation!

stéphane
12-24-2008, 06:39 PM
...along with a bag of magic beans.

:lol We got them from the rockets anyway, Bonner eat the whole bag 2 months ago...

honestfool84
12-24-2008, 06:41 PM
:lol We got them from the rockets anyway, Bonner eat the whole bag 2 months ago...

+1 :lol

/end thread.

Hemotivo
12-24-2008, 06:48 PM

Rogue
12-24-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm happy for scola that he was traded to Houston instead of Cleverland. Now Scola has thousands of fans in Houston and even more fans in Argentina and China, and he has also recieved tons of ad contracts. I think our GM took more of scola's interest into consideration than our team's, so he traded scola to Houston instead of cleverland. At the time scola was traded, Houston was just lacking in a good PF while cleverland had plenty of PFs in Gooden and Varajao, so scola was granted to have more game time in houston where only Hayes could play PF at that time.
I still don't understand why did LBJ renew his contract with cleverland to 5yrs, just to frustrate New Jersey and New York? I'm afraid even Brooklyn is way better than Cleverland which is just a small countryside town in Ohio. Even those who were born in Cleverland are willing to escape that city, take a look at halle berry's profiles to find out that she was born in cleverland but grew up in another small town that I haven't even heard of. I mean a small country yard is better than cleverland, but why the hell did LBJ decide to stay there? Had his families been abstructed by cavs' GM? LBJ is God on the court but he is just a mortal in real life so he can't save his families from the cav's ghosts.

Let's pray for LBJ's brothers and sisters and all his family members, who are under torture. I bet his families want him to play in a bigger market like NY or NJ, his families always stand on his side for sure. the only gang of people who want LBJ to remain in cleverland are just the cavs and cav's fans, they're wasting LBJ's talent. they are commiting a big crime which is even more terrible than F***ing their mothers.

Biernutz
12-24-2008, 10:12 PM
The way the assholes on this thread think ,Scola for LeBron is the only trade.