PDA

View Full Version : Is the dislike for Tony by Spurs fans a product of some sort of weird French racism

50 cent
12-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I just kind find anything else to explain it.

It is beyond pathetic. Spurs fans will realize one day how lucky we were to have a top 5 PG when he's playing in LA or somewhere else and we are stuck with an AJ like PG again.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
This will definitely turn out well.

xtremesteven33
12-24-2008, 01:35 PM
IDK why spurs fans kinda resent Tony a little bit. But if its casuse hes french, im not buying it.

phyzik
12-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I honestly think you would be hard pressed to find a San Antonian who hates on Parker. Im quite positive that most of the haters are from....well... lets just say "out of town".

it's me
12-24-2008, 01:51 PM
I honestly think you would be hard pressed to find a San Antonian who hates on Parker. Im quite positive that most of the haters are from....well... lets just say "out of town".

Be a man and say it ..... Argentinians????:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-24-2008, 01:51 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2939785&postcount=4

I compiled a few theories in another thread. I don't think it's just straight up racism.

StrangeCheez
12-24-2008, 01:56 PM
It's because he's married to my girlfriend. :D

phyzik
12-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Be a man and say it ..... Argentinians????:lol

I merely posted its probably someone not from S.A.

you came to that conclusion on your own :downspin:

T Park
12-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Honestly I think its something else.

I'd prefer to think we've advanced as a people beyond not liking him because hes a mixed or different race.

it's me
12-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I merely posted its probably someone not from S.A.

you came to that conclusion on your own :downspin:

Sure :toast

Allanon
12-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I think it's a Manu vs Parker thing. If one of them wasn't here, there would be no hate.

One side thinks Tony's the Best, the other thinks Manu's the best. They're both trying to get the other guy traded :lol

T Park
12-24-2008, 02:06 PM
I think it's a Manu vs Parker thing. If one of them wasn't here, there would be no hate.

One side thinks Tony's the Best, the other thinks Manu's the best. They're both trying to get the other guy traded :lol

I always compared it in a less popular version of Kobe vs Shaq. You'd always hear those conversations at the barber shops in LA, and I was always the one idiot that would say "Why can't you like both, their both awesome" Right on cue that would start simultanious arguing :lmao

Obstructed_View
12-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Ah HEHT ze ANTARE Franch rehce. Zose fah-king GREPE stahm-ping, BEHREH waaring SAANS of a BEECH!

it's me
12-24-2008, 02:09 PM

You get it!

Amazingly you’re a fakers fan…… quite contradictory.:lol

baseline bum
12-24-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know if it's because he's French. Lots of people hate him for having a spectacularly hot wife also. I think the biggest factor is the Church of Manu, which has always seen Tony as a roadblock to Manu being Kobe.

ploto
12-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Manu fans felt Tony did not pass him the ball enough. Pretty simple.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2008, 03:01 PM
I actually think the percentage of fans who dislike Tony is extremely low. But the ones here at SpursTalk are very vocal about it. They repeat themselves over and over and over. And they even create new user names to continue repeat themselves or to back themselves up in threads. It's actually pathetic.

If you polled Spurs fans at a game for example, there'd probably be a very very few who dislike Tony.

E20
12-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Timvp started, because his brother went swimming with Manu when Tony refused.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Timvp started, because his brother went swimming with Manu when Tony refused.

:lol

http://www.fullsportpress.com/manutimmy.jpg

Manufan909
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Ah HEHT ze ANTARE Franch rehce. Zose fah-king GREPE stahm-ping, BEHREH waaring SAANS of a BEECH!

:downspin::lmao:downspin:

Post of the day!!!

Manufan909
12-24-2008, 03:14 PM
:lol

http://www.fullsportpress.com/manutimmy.jpg

Who is that kid??? Damn, I'm jealous.:depressed

timvp
12-24-2008, 03:17 PM
You can usually tell how long someone has been a hardcore Spurs fan by their view of Parker. Any long time Spurs fan is thankful to finally have a stable point guard who also happens to be one of the best ten in the league. That's literally something the Spurs have never had. Silas, Moore and Strickland were talented but they both didn't last long. It's very rare to find a long time Spurs fan who complains about Parker on a regular basis.

New Spurs fans who hopped on board after the Spurs were in their championship mode don't have the experience of suffering without a point guard for basically the entire existence of the franchise. You can't really blame them for nitpicking but that nitpicking is dumbfounding to those of us who lived through times when players like Greg Sutton and Matt Othick seemed like promising point guard prospects.

I also can't blame the Argentine fans because Argentine point guards all just bring the ball up and pass it literally about 99% of the time. It's probably a shock going from watching someone like Pepe Sanchez who will pass every time up the court right away to someone like TP who sometimes is asked to go a number of possessions without passing.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Who is that kid??? Damn, I'm jealous.:depressed

timvp's brother about 5 years ago.

2centsworth
12-24-2008, 03:25 PM
it's crazy to think that Tony may be underrated. Plus, when he wants to turn up the heat on defense he is a fantastic defender. If Chris Paul wasn't allowed to get away with all that pushing, I swear tony would shut him down.

Manufan909
12-24-2008, 03:31 PM
timvp's brother about 5 years ago.

Damn, that kid is lucky. Bet he was in the COT before that day.:rollin

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 03:56 PM
And some of us know that we need Parker as much or more than we need Tim and Manu. We just want to see MASON GET SOME TOUCHES.
Which he is over the last two games. And we are happy about that.:downspin:

And next, a young athletic Big to help our interior D would be nice (even though Matty has been a pleasant suprise of late on the DEFENSIVE end).

Pop, please find D. Watkins this week!

mudyez
12-24-2008, 03:58 PM
my fav is manu but I also like parker and as all (at least most) of us know: timmy is the man!

so no racism at all!

then again I'm german!....does it say, that I'm the born racist, that I'm the born frenchy rasist or does it say, that I'm from europe and dont count at all?

TONY! if you read that! (I know he doesnt!) WE SPURS FANS LOVE YOU!!! end discussion!

galvatron3000
12-24-2008, 04:26 PM
How in the world can you be a Spurs fan and not like one of the best pg's in the league? Now that his jumper is butter what else do you want besides his assists to go He's lethal and with Manu coming off the bench there's no debate unless you just want Manu to start but Parker is the best Pg we have so no way he comes off the bench.

wisnub
12-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I dont understand some of Spurs fans ditch Tony like that. He is a consistent star and major contributor in the playoffs. Some of you might dissapointed for his current performance but he is member of the Big 3 which basically foundation of Spurs. It is ridiculuous how fast people forgot how well he played when Manu was out. This drama should stop..it is better to focus on how Ian gonna fill out the Post Guy position beside Duncan, because Bonner played different style wonderfully, KT is horribly old and pretty much a banged up defence guy (luckily he's cheaper than he used to get paid), Fab getting his issues. Racism is stupid and everybody knows that..French people are gorgeous to begin with..
We should also focus on free agnecy 2009, because James is likely to resign with Cavs, especially looking at how they play and perform as a team. Bosh might be another long dream..but if Spurs get another one, he is definitely put Spurs on top of his list

50 cent
12-24-2008, 04:39 PM
You can usually tell how long someone has been a hardcore Spurs fan by their view of Parker. Any long time Spurs fan is thankful to finally have a stable point guard who also happens to be one of the best ten in the league. That's literally something the Spurs have never had. Silas, Moore and Strickland were talented but they both didn't last long. It's very rare to find a long time Spurs fan who complains about Parker on a regular basis.

New Spurs fans who hopped on board after the Spurs were in their championship mode don't have the experience of suffering without a point guard for basically the entire existence of the franchise. You can't really blame them for nitpicking but that nitpicking is dumbfounding to those of us who lived through times when players like Greg Sutton and Matt Othick seemed like promising point guard prospects.

I also can't blame the Argentine fans because Argentine point guards all just bring the ball up and pass it literally about 99% of the time. It's probably a shock going from watching someone like Pepe Sanchez who will pass every time up the court right away to someone like TP who sometimes is asked to go a number of possessions without passing.

That's a good point. I guess a lot of this is the Argentinan fans that place Manu's stat line over the Spurs wins and Championships on the importance scale.

T Park
12-24-2008, 04:42 PM
And some of us know that we need Parker as much or more than we need Tim and Manu. We just want to see MASON GET SOME TOUCHES.

And next, a young athletic Big to help our interior D would be nice (even though Matty has been a pleasant suprise of late on the DEFENSIVE end).

He's in China because he stinks doorknob.

anakha
12-24-2008, 04:44 PM
They repeat themselves over and over and over.

:lmao

T Park
12-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I know right, as if on cue :lol

J.T.
12-24-2008, 04:51 PM
The hate is actually a displacement of hate toward Tim Duncan for stealing Finals MVP from Manu in 2005. But because you just can't hate Tim Duncan, seeing as he's the unstoppable force, the immovable object, the bringer of championships, prince of the post and holy ruler of the hardwood, one must project their anger onto another. And that man is Tony Parker. These fans hate Tony for taking too many shots against the Cavaliers in the 2007 Finals en route to his MVP award. It was a real bitch move in Game 3 when he didn't give Manu the ball at all so that Argentine Jesus' only points came on free throws at the end of the game. Such is the life of the Tony Parker Hater, always the devious house cat who is always picked up by the equally devious seven year old boy and enticed by playing with strings and laser pointers that he will never be able to catch and kill. But as the child sleeps, the cat lies awake at night, plotting his sweet revenge. It may come tomorrow, it may come in a year. But rest assured, the day of revenge will come.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I think you guys are glossing over the fact that many of Manu's hardcore following (who also happen to diss TP on a regular basis) just appreciate team play, and can't appreciate a PG, who is supposed to initiate the offense, being the guy with the most FGA. That said, personally I say if it's alright for pop, it's alright by me.

I think Timvp hit it on the head though, and it is hard to blame them.

stéphane
12-24-2008, 05:11 PM
To answer the original question, I'd say it's clear that's the reason for some posters (very few) and part of it (add the fame thing and stuff) for some more. But that's not the main reason.

For the argentinian, I don't think there's any hate. For most of them it's more the tony/manu pseudo rivalry. But, for most of them, as soon as they get you're a spurs fan and not some kind of national homer, everything's alright (eg : Manumania, one of my favorite poster).

diego
12-24-2008, 05:18 PM
i think theres no denying people get caught up in the frenchie thing. in 03 especially with the freedom fries and all that.

whenever i see games i see a lot of people wearing jerseys for each member of the big 3, and funnily enough from very diverse and overlapping backgrounds... (stadiums here are very different)

there are TP haters from lots of places, including the US. you dont have to be argentine to be an asshole.

T Park
12-24-2008, 05:27 PM
I think you guys are glossing over the fact that many of Manu's hardcore following (who also happen to diss TP on a regular basis) just appreciate team play, and can't appreciate a PG, who is supposed to initiate the offense, being the guy with the most FGA. That said, personally I say if it's alright for pop, it's alright by me.

I think Timvp hit it on the head though, and it is hard to blame them.

BS.

itzsoweezee
12-24-2008, 05:30 PM
there is no dislike for Tony by Spurs fans. Only a dislike by a pathetic handful of dipshits that all happen to congregate on this website. The vast, vast majority of Spurs fans realize and acknowledge that he's not only a tremendously valuable part of this team, but also one of the best players in the entire leage.

JPB
12-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I just heard Olivier Pheulpin (a french journalist who lives in SA) on a french radio. Some people here might know him.
He was asked about TP and what he would do in 3 years.

He said that some nights last year, after a bad game or a game where he didn't have many touches, TP were often telling him that he knew he was really fortunate to be in club like the spurs and that he could be playing for the clippers, getting 30 shoots a night but not winning peanuts.

I don't that people who thinks he's a selfish guy only looking for his points realize how much TP like his team and want to keep on making history with it.

He knows there's really something special in SA that doesn't happen very often in sport.

stéphane
12-24-2008, 05:43 PM

Kinda crazy when you have the best power forward ever in your team ! :lol

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 05:47 PM
BS.

There are different styles of playing ball. And Pop has adapted our offense to emphasize our strengths. Nothing wrong with that.

But you have to acknowledge that for those who are used to a more traditional system and a more traditional point, the fact that our PG gets all the attempts could be seen as blasphemous.

BUT: That being said, these detractors are attributing Tony's high FGA to Tony himself, without considering the fact that it's Pop who calls the gameplan, and if Tony were doing this unilaterally, he would be on the bench after two quarters.

I guess you could say they have a beef with Pop not Tony.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 05:55 PM
I also have no doubt that if Pop told Tony to take 10 shots or less per game, he would do it for the team.

stéphane
12-24-2008, 05:56 PM
There are different styles of playing ball. And Pop has adapted our offense to emphasize our strengths. Nothing wrong with that.

But you have to acknowledge that for those who are used to a more traditional system and a more traditional point, the fact that our PG gets all the attempts could be seen as blasphemous.

BUT: That being said, these detractors are attributing Tony's high FGA to Tony himself, without considering the fact that it's Pop who calls the gameplan, and if Tony were doing this unilaterally, he would be on the bench after two quarters.

I guess you could say they have a beef with Pop not Tony.

I don't honestly really get your point.
I mean, what's wrong with your PG taking shots if he's scoring? If bonner goes 20 for 25 shooting and we win so what? No matter who is taking the shots and what position he plays as long as that person is making the most of it. Bball is a game of matchup, you always go where you have the high hand (not sure if it's gramaticaly correct :p:). Give the ball down low to Tim, let Manu create and let Tony get benefit from his slashing.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't honestly really get your point.
I mean, what's wrong with your PG taking shots if he's scoring? If bonner goes 20 for 25 shooting and we win so what? No matter who is taking the shots and what position he plays as long as that person is making the most of it. Bball is a game of matchup, you always go where you have the high hand (not sure if it's gramitically correct :p:). Give the ball down low to Tim, let Manu create and let Tony get benefit from his slashing.

I don't think there's anything wrong with going to your best matchup. But I'm trying to point out the fact that there are different schools of thought, and some schools say the ball should go to the open man no matter what his number is, not the best player (or the most favorable matchup).

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Honestly, my constant concern is that the Spurs are going to look around come crunch time, and they won't be able to find role players capable of stepping up. I think that killed us last year, and I think we need to make sure Bonner, Hill, Kurt and MASON are going to be peaking at the end of the year (I wish I could say that about Ian).

If the development of these players comes at the cost of some W's in the short term, I think its worth it. If it comes at the cost of TP's all-star bid, so be it. Let us have the best team when the playoffs start, that's all I want.

anakha
12-24-2008, 06:05 PM
To sum it all up:

Don't knock it if it works.

Rohirrim
12-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Another angle could be due to his Hollywood image. Rapper, husband of famous actress, etc...that is anti-Spur.

Surprisingly it doesn't affect his on-court performance one bit.

So it's probably the French thing. :lol

stéphane
12-24-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with going to your best matchup. But I'm trying to point out the fact that there are different schools of thought, and some schools say the ball should go to the open man no matter what his number is, not the best player (or the most favorable matchup).

Ok see what you mean now.
It's a bit like your Mason thread (no offense there man). But in my opinion, as good and promising as RMJ is and as well as he seems to mesh with our core, he's MILES away from being as proven as Tim and to a lesser extent Manu and Tony. They won rings together, are all stars and are one of the best at what each of them are doing. Don't misunderstand me though I really love our role players, they're the difference between a really good team and a true contender. But I want my "stars" to get the most touches no matter what. Wether it's Tim, Manu or Tony. If Matt, Georgie and RMJ combine for 30 shots when our big three goes for 10, we're in big trouble lol.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 06:13 PM
To sum it all up:

Don't knock it if it works.

Tony only works about 80-90% of the time. I've seen teams shut him down completely (as I've seen the same with Tim).

Any championship caliber team can implement a defense to Tony out of the game.

You've got to know your limitations, no need to get cocky. And you've got to have a plan B, and a plan C, and a plan ...MASON!

Dude's a killer.

anakha
12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Tony only works about 80-90% of the time. I've seen teams shut him down completely (as I've seen the same with Tim).

Any championship caliber team can implement a defense to Tony out of the game.

If there was indeed a 100%, foolproof strategy, then the Spurs would be unbeaten to date, and would have swept all the championships since 2001.

No strategy or tactic works all the time. I'll take that 80-90% and be happy with it.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Ok see what you mean now.
It's a bit like your Mason thread (no offense there man). But in my opinion, as good and promising as RMJ is and as well as he seems to mesh with our core, he's MILES away from being as proven as Tim and to a lesser extent Manu and Tony. They won rings together, are all stars and are one of the best at what each of them are doing. Don't misunderstand me though I really love our role players, they're the difference between a really good team and a true contender. But I want my "stars" to get the most touches no matter what. Wether it's Tim, Manu or Tony. If Matt, Georgie and RMJ combine for 30 shots when our big three goes for 10, we're in big trouble lol.

Dont underestimate the roles that role players had in our previous championships: Speedy, Kerr, Barry, Finley, Jackson, etc.

During every championship run, theres always a time when the big three are not enough. Speedy saved us when Tony was falling apart (granted he was young) and he wasnt really proven. He just stepped up.

Austin_Toros
12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
i think there is a certain level of hate toward TP because hes a frenchy.
maybe thats why everybody is hating on mahinmi and calling him a bust

timaios
12-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I said it in another thread but i will say it again : the Spurs are the second best team of the NBA in Assist Ratio.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=ast&seasonType=2&league=nba&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fteamstats%3fsort%3dast%26seasonType %3d2%26league%3dnba

Utah is 1st.
New Orleans is 12th and they have the best passing PG in Chris Paul.

In the Spurs system, everybody touches the ball. Every Spurs players are passing the ball well.

The passing game is not a problem for that team... it's a strength !

stéphane
12-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Dont underestimate the roles that role players had in our previous championships: Speedy, Kerr, Barry, Finley, Jackson, etc.

During every championship run, theres always a time when the big three are not enough. Speedy saved us when Tony was falling apart (granted he was young) and he wasnt really proven. He just stepped up.

Yeah of course I second that, that's why I said "Don't misunderstand me though I really love our role players, they're the difference between a really good team and a true contender.". But at the moment Manu and Tony are not 100% and we're in a position where we have to win games. So I like the actual balance even if i'd like Manu to get some more PT, shots and touches (instead of Tony for example). Yeah yeah I know a french asking for Manu to get some of Tony touches lol...

T Park
12-24-2008, 06:39 PM

Two of the players had 2 good games combined in the years they played with the Spurs in the championship runs.

Barry had a marginal impact, and Finley has been hit or miss.

So try again.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 06:39 PM
If there was indeed a 100%, foolproof strategy, then the Spurs would be unbeaten to date, and would have swept all the championships since 2001.

No strategy or tactic works all the time. I'll take that 80-90% and be happy with it.

I will too, unless that 10% happens to occur during this years western conference finals, and we've put all our "eggs" in Tony's basket all year long.

I dont want to live and die with Tony.

anakha
12-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I will too, unless that 10% happens to occur during this years western conference finals, and we've put all our "eggs" in Tony's basket all year long.

You're too focused on the possible drawbacks of Parker and forgetting to take into consideration the two other centerpieces of the Spurs.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Two of the players had 2 good games combined in the years they played with the Spurs in the championship runs.

Barry had a marginal impact, and Finley has been hit or miss.

So try again.

Your looking big picture. ALL those players produced pivotal performances that led to cahmpionships.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 06:52 PM
You're too focused on the possible drawbacks of Parker and forgetting to take into consideration the two other centerpieces of the Spurs.

YOUR TO FOCUSED ON PARKER!!!

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 06:54 PM
So try again.

OH, AND YOUR A DICK!

jag
12-24-2008, 07:00 PM

Tony has the ability to play big minutes and score big points. Manu can't play big minutes now and neither can Tim. You need to gain some perspective and realize that this is December....April will be much different. Lighten up.

timtonymanu
12-24-2008, 07:04 PM
I dont see why anyone would dislike Tony. I just dont like how he hogs the ball on certain occassions. but hes the best PG the Spurs have had. and is arguably top 2 PG's in the league.

as long as Hill is able to get minutes, i wont mind Parker.

T Park
12-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Your looking big picture. ALL those players produced pivotal performances that led to cahmpionships.

Your being blind to just contributing in one game = huge contributers.

T Park
12-24-2008, 07:08 PM
OH, AND YOUR A DICK!

Proving you wrong time and time again isn't being a dick.

Its the truth gramps.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2008, 07:11 PM
South Side is definitely one of the examples of someone obsessed with Parker. Even though he tries to say he isn't bashing Tony - he is. He has 65 posts on SpursTalk and I think ALL of them are about Parker. Seems like he joined ONLY to talk about/degrade TP. I'm not even sure that he's a Spurs fan, he talks nothing about the Spurs outside of Parker.

Anyway, like I said, I think the number of people who dislike Tony is actually very small. There's a few of the "Tony is the anti-Christ" type of Argentinean posters (this is a small overall number of the Argentines), and then there's people like TDMVPDPOY (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=977) who irritationally hates Parker to the point he'd rather watch Parker fail than the Spurs win.

T Park
12-24-2008, 07:18 PM
South Side is definitely one of the examples of someone obsessed with Parker. Even though he tries to say he isn't bashing Tony - he is. He has 65 posts on SpursTalk and I think ALL of them are about Parker. Seems like he joined ONLY to talk about/degrade TP. I'm not even sure that he's a Spurs fan, he talks nothing about the Spurs outside of Parker.

Anyway, like I said, I think the number of people who dislike Tony is actually very small. There's a few of the "Tony is the anti-Christ" type of Argentinean posters (this is a small overall number of the Argentines), and then there's people like TDMVPDPOY (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=977) who irritationally hates Parker to the point he'd rather watch Parker fail than the Spurs win.

or some coughshadowflamescough that root for the team to lose period.

I just chalk up to 15 year olds learning to use the computer for the first time.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Your being blind to just contributing in one game = huge contributers.

Are you a newbie, or what? A season can come down to .04 sec. Fisher will be forever known for what he did in the blink of an eye.

anakha
12-24-2008, 07:34 PM
YOUR TO FOCUSED ON PARKER!!!

Says the poster who's posted about nothing else but Parker. :lmao

Some advice for you: better to keep your mouth shut and have everybody think you're a moron, than open your mouth and prove them right.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 07:36 PM

I like arguing. And I like the spurs to win. And I have no infatuation with any player, except maybe the next great player we will discover.

anakha
12-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Are you a newbie, or what?

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Proving you wrong time and time again isn't being a dick.

Its the truth gramps.

your confusing being right with being an ass.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 07:39 PM

Again, you confuse huge numbers of posts with the mark of a great fan. Newbie, in that sentence referred to his understanding of the challenge of winning atitle...

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Says the poster who's posted about nothing else but Parker. :lmao

Some advice for you: better to keep your mouth shut and have everybody think you're a moron, than open your mouth and prove them right.

This coming from the girl whose posts generally consists of 90% smileys.

anakha
12-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Newbie, in that sentence referred to his understanding of the challenge of winning atitle...

:lol at you trying to redefine 'newbie' to justify your statement earlier.

Challenge his understanding of the game all you want, but don't pretend to be the expert you think you are when you've been exposed so many times in your short stint here.

anakha
12-24-2008, 07:46 PM

Ah, the classic comeback of the poster with no more arguments.

Next?

jcrod
12-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I actually think the percentage of fans who dislike Tony is extremely low. But the ones here at SpursTalk are very vocal about it. They repeat themselves over and over and over. And they even create new user names to continue repeat themselves or to back themselves up in threads. It's actually pathetic.

If you polled Spurs fans at a game for example, there'd probably be a very very few who dislike Tony.

Its low for Spurs fans in general, but its huge compared to the dislike of the other players.

When they win its because everyone else.
When they lose, it because Parker.

How many threads do you see pop up when Tim or Manu have a great game...numerous. When they have a bad game....very few to none.

When Tony has a great game you don't see threads, maybe one. When he has a bad gamed a shit load of Parker hate threads pop up. Its always the same bitching.

I see it everytime and I stil don't understand. Its not always the same poster, South Sider as an example.

Kori Ellis
12-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Its low for Spurs fans in general, but its huge compared to the dislike of the other players.

How many threads do you see pop up when Tim or Manu have a great game...numerous. When they have a bad game....very few to none.

When Tony has a great game you don't see threads, maybe one. When he has a bad gamed a shit load of Parker hate threads pop up. Its always the same bitching.

I see it everytime and I stil don't understand. Its not always the same poster, South Sider as an example.

Like I said, it's a small group that is very very vocal here. They even create multiple user names to back themselves up :downspin: It's a freakin obsession.

jag
12-24-2008, 07:58 PM

I'm just trying to figure out what exactly you are trying to advocate.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 08:12 PM
:lol at you trying to redefine 'newbie' to justify your statement earlier.

Challenge his understanding of the game all you want, but don't pretend to be the expert you think you are when you've been exposed so many times in your short stint here.

You will never hear me call myself an expert. I'm just a lifelong spurs fan, who IS ENTITLED TO HIS VIEWS.

(AND HIS STALKERS, EVIDENTLY...):rolleyes

I know my requests in that previous board struck a nerve, but it suprises me just how sensitive you guys are when it comes to TP. You would think he's a golden cow or something.

No one is above team.

Are you guys spurs fans or just parker fans?

Biggems
12-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I was not a Parker fan for a long time. I mean I thought he was a decent PG, but I wanted more. I know when he signed that DRob type contract, I about blew my top. How dare they give all that money to a postseason choke artist. However, unlike a lot of athletes who get paid and then get crappy, Parker has actually stepped his game up and improved every year he has been in the league. He went from being a postseason clusterfuck, to being extremely clutch. He is legitimately one of the top PGs in the game. I just wish he would make more layups. It seems as his game has expanded, his layup efficiency has gone down.

As far as resentment goes.....from what many have said, he is kind of rude, standoffish, and arrogant in public. I don't really know, as I have only seen him in public once, Northwoods Theatre, and this was before Eva. He sat about 6 rows directly behind me for "Friday Night Lights". He seemed to be just a regular dude, out with his buds. I have also heard that he is a very bad tipper. Maybe some of the people in here chastizing him have waited on him a time or two....who knows.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm just trying to figure out what exactly you are trying to advocate.

I am trying to advocate a diversified offensive attack. And that necessarily offends TP's followers...

Kori Ellis
12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
You will never hear me call myself an expert. I'm just a lifelong spurs fan, who IS ENTITLED TO HIS VIEWS.

I know my requests in that previous board struck a nerve, but it suprises me just how sensitive you guys are when it comes to TP. You would think he's a golden cow or something.

No one is above team.

Actually the people who are argue with you are a lot more Spurs fans that you appear to be. The only thing you have proven on this board is that you are obsessed. You have brought no legitimate posts to the board. Here's a recap of your last 60+ posts. You could have just posted it once:

"PARKER NEEDS TO PASS! HE SHOULDN'T SHOOT SO MUCH. I'M NOT HATIN' ThOUGH. GET MASON THE BALL, BALL HOGGIN' PARKER. I'M NOT HATING ON THE GUY, BUT WHAT THE HELL - HILL IS BETTER THAN PARKER. BUT I'M NOT HATIN' ON THE GUY. ARE YOU GUYS NEW OR SOMETHING? CAN PARKER PASS TO MASON EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE? DAMN YOU GUYS MUST BE NEW AND STALKERS OF TP. I'M NOT HATIN' THOUGH .. LONG TIME SPURS FAN HERE."

jag
12-24-2008, 08:22 PM

No one is above team.

Your opinions and attitude are nothing new or innovative around here. We get tired of people making threads complaining about TP. So don't be surprised when very few jump on board with your bitching and moaning.

Rogue
12-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Sh!t
:ihit

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Your opinions and attitude are nothing new or innovative around here. We get tired of people making threads complaining about TP. So don't be surprised when very few jump on board with your bitching and moaning.

I have come to learn this the hard way.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Actually the people who are argue with you are a lot more Spurs fans that you appear to be. The only thing you have proven on this board is that you are obsessed. You have brought no legitimate posts to the board. Here's a recap of your last 60+ posts. You could have just posted it once:

"PARKER NEEDS TO PASS! HE SHOULDN'T SHOOT SO MUCH. I'M NOT HATIN' ThOUGH. GET MASON THE BALL, BALL HOGGIN' PARKER. I'M NOT HATING ON THE GUY, BUT WHAT THE HELL - HILL IS BETTER THAN PARKER. BUT I'M NOT HATIN' ON THE GUY. ARE YOU GUYS NEW OR SOMETHING? CAN PARKER PASS TO MASON EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE? DAMN YOU GUYS MUST BE NEW AND STALKERS OF TP. I'M NOT HATIN' THOUGH .. LONG TIME SPURS FAN HERE."

That leaves out alot of substance in my posts...conveniently for you. It also reveals that you pre-judged me from my first post.

urunobili
12-24-2008, 08:34 PM
my two cents... no TP 3 less rings... IHO we are dramatizing too much because there are two posters that bash him all the time... timvp said it very clear... the Spurs fans that were fans before the time TP arrived are the ones that appreciate him most... i love him he makes us top notch... there are no chances of getting another trophy without Tony Parker

2centsworth
12-24-2008, 08:43 PM
TP haters are too dumb to realize how important scoring the basketball is. TP is an freakin offensive machine. Plus, he controls pace most times. Dude is unbelievably talented and good. Spurs are blessed to have him on the team. Haters show how little they know about this game.

South Side Spurs Fan
12-24-2008, 08:56 PM
TP haters are too dumb to realize how important scoring the basketball is. TP is an freakin offensive machine. Plus, he controls pace most times. Dude is unbelievably talented and good. Spurs are blessed to have him on the team. Haters show how little they know about this game.

After last season, no Spurs fan would take scoring for granted.

mrspurs
12-24-2008, 09:08 PM
My wife is French. Ive been in Tonys house. I dont have any problems with Tony or the French. Its all good in my house.

benefactor
12-24-2008, 09:59 PM
My wife is French. Ive been in Tonys house. I dont have any problems with Tony or the French. Its all good in my house.
That's cool man. Tim, Amy and the kids are going to fly to Tyler New Years Eve and ring in 2009 with my wife and I. He said Manu might come with him if some other plans he has don't work out. Should be fun.

m33p0
12-24-2008, 10:13 PM
you can't trust someone who prefers croissants over donuts when its clear donuts>>>croissants.

angelbelow
12-24-2008, 10:32 PM
i agree that the dislike is odd. hes a very talented player with some serious skills. who exactly do these supposed parker haters rather have?

lefty
12-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Dumbest thread ever.

And I started a few ones :lol

Man In Black
12-24-2008, 10:56 PM
What you guys are talking about isn't racism. It's NATIONALISM.

RECOGNIZE!

na·tion·al·ism Listen to the pronunciation of nationalism
Pronunciation:
\ˈnash-nə-ˌli-zəm, ˈna-shə-nə-ˌli-zəm\
Function:
noun
Date:

1: loyalty and devotion to a nation ; especially : a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups2: a nationalist movement or government

Or in this case, 1 player from 1 country over another.

I saw it first and foremost when Filipino Arnel Pineda was chosen to be the new lead singer of the Iconic American Rockband known as "Journey".
Let's just say there were some Americans who felt that Journey would be better represented by an American and that small minority were very vocal and used every vile form of pictures and words to belittle Pineda and Filipinos in general.

But after a certified Platinum Album and one of the hottest summer tours, that small minority can't really say much.

So there are people that think that TP doesn't play right, or that Manu doesn't play right, or that Tim is too stoic, or that Pop sucks as a coach...That's their opinion. It doesn't mean they're right and a few championships later, you would think that these newbies would get it...

Sadly, they do not and then threads like this is made.

HEY...

TEAM IS EVERYTHING! The Spurs got that figured out...why can't the newbies?

:lobt: Need One For The Thumb!

T Park
12-24-2008, 10:57 PM
your confusing being right with being an ass.

Your the one confusing it, not me.

TDMVPDPOY
12-24-2008, 10:59 PM
my two cents... no TP 3 less rings... IHO we are dramatizing too much because there are two posters that bash him all the time... timvp said it very clear... the Spurs fans that were fans before the time TP arrived are the ones that appreciate him most... i love him he makes us top notch... there are no chances of getting another trophy without Tony Parker
choking is what we do best.

T Park
12-24-2008, 11:00 PM
you can't trust someone who prefers croissants over donuts when its clear donuts>>>croissants.

As a former fat man I have to disagree.

a freshly baked croissant is pretty tasty.

T Park
12-24-2008, 11:01 PM
choking is what I do best.

FIFY

and who is this we?

You sure as fuck aren't a spurs fan.

Brazil
12-24-2008, 11:15 PM

:lol pain au chocolat > croissant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> donuts!

By the way we should stop arguing with Sout side it's a waste a time.

The Truth #6
12-25-2008, 12:24 AM
I think a small percentage of fans dislike Parker because they think he's not a team player, or perhaps they think he's arrogant. Producing a documentary about yourself probably doesn't disabuse people of that notion, but like I said I think most fans are VERY happy to be winning and love Parker and what he brings to the team and how he's improved every single year.

Also, being French isn't a race, so I don't see how his race has anything to do with it.

jag
12-25-2008, 12:39 AM
choking is what we do best.

I don't remember you being this bad of a poster. I must have been confusing you with another poster who didn't spew this garbage.

TDMVPDPOY
12-25-2008, 01:02 AM
I don't remember you being this bad of a poster. I must have been confusing you with another poster who didn't spew this garbage.

dude if i dont post negative comments all day, then there be nothing to posts about......:wakeup

lefty
12-25-2008, 01:08 AM

Can't argue with that.

Especially with a coffee w/a little milk......... mmmm...

Spooky
12-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Tony, Manu, and Tim are great for us. I don't need to say anything else.

stéphane
12-25-2008, 03:28 AM
dude if i dont post negative comments all day, then there be nothing to posts about......:wakeup

Well then you're doing a real good job.
If I'd have to name the two biggest Tony haters at ST, IceColdBrewski and you would stand atop and it's not even close. I don't put anybody on my ignore list but you always make sure to make me think about changing my habbits.

Edit : I see the two of us registered here the 02-04-05, quite funny. Must have been to keep some balance :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
12-25-2008, 05:09 AM
Well then you're doing a real good job.
If I'd have to name the two biggest Tony haters at ST, IceColdBrewski and you would stand atop and it's not even close. I don't put anybody on my ignore list but you always make sure to make me think about changing my habbits.

Edit : I see the two of us registered here the 02-04-05, quite funny. Must have been to keep some balance :rolleyes

hey look if a player cant take criticisms from their own fans or team fans, then they cant improve.....well he keeps on proving me wrong every time he has a good game; which equates to TEAM WINS. hey if it works, why stop? :D

anakha
12-25-2008, 05:32 AM

No one is above team.

And he goes for the desperation 'I'm a real fan/you're just homers routine'. :rolleyes

bostonguy
12-25-2008, 05:59 AM
I just kind find anything else to explain it.

It is beyond pathetic. Spurs fans will realize one day how lucky we were to have a top 5 PG when he's playing in LA or somewhere else and we are stuck with an AJ like PG again.

Who is the blond chick at the bottom of your sig? She looks really familiar.

JPB
12-25-2008, 06:25 AM
I have also heard that he is a very bad tipper

That's probably because tipps aren't working the same way in France.
Tipps are a part of the salary in the US, not really in France where it's considered extra money if the service has been good.

kace
12-25-2008, 06:42 AM
i started a thread like this few weeks ago and i also thought about the french racism.

but i really think it's not the reason. Players like tony, diaw, pietrus, mahinmi, gelabale, turiaf had their share of praise and attention in ST like in the US press in general. more than they deserve as a player for some of them. i don't think it has something to do with it (or maybe really for very few members).

One side thinks Tony's the Best, the other thinks Manu's the best. They're both trying to get the other guy traded

you really can't put both player's treatment in the same level. TP had a 36 pts games and how many threads praising him have you ? 0. if manu had this, :rolleyes. you really can't put the two churches in the same level. indeed, i really don't see any church of tony, fortunately. The CoM (which clearly doesn't inlcude all the manu's fans but just very few, but the most annoying of them) is sometimes just irrationnal.

+1
i couldn't have said it better.

it was the point of my last thread about TP's hate : http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2939785#post2939785

i was asking if this obvious dislike of Parker was shared in all SA or just the product of some few but very active haters on forums. maybe, i didn't make it clear (my english is far from perfect) since i haven't had my answers in that thread.

EDIT: i"ll let the final words to Al Jefferson, Minnesota: "Tony Parker is a beast. That's all I got to say about him. Anybody don't agree with that, they're crazy." :toast

roycrikside
12-25-2008, 07:19 AM
you really can't put both player's treatment in the same level. TP had a 36 pts games and how many threads praising him have you ? 0. if manu had this, :rolleyes. you really can't put the two churches in the same level. indeed, i really don't see any church of tony, fortunately. The CoM (which clearly doesn't inlcude all the manu's fans but just very few, but the most annoying of them) is sometimes just irrationnal.

Like Ducks, Sequ, TPark and the others aren't annoying as hell? Has Ducks ever written a post not bashing Manu?

mrspurs
12-25-2008, 07:24 AM
People create different nics to back themselves up. hahahahaha. Funny stuff

anakha
12-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Like Ducks, Sequ, TPark and the others aren't annoying as hell? Has Ducks ever written a post not bashing Manu?

Yes - when he's bashing Lebron.

stéphane
12-25-2008, 07:33 AM
hey look if a player cant take criticisms from their own fans or team fans, then they cant improve.....well he keeps on proving me wrong every time he has a good game; which equates to TEAM WINS. hey if it works, why stop? :D

:rollin Ok you got me on this one... Keep up the bashing !:toast

Kamnik
12-25-2008, 07:40 AM
OOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

everybody os just insanely jealous that he has the hottest wife in existence!

http://hissip.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/eva-longoria.jpg

:P

m33p0
12-25-2008, 10:59 AM

i don't see marbled croissants, triple chocolate croissants or even twirled croissants. donuts have those. and don't you bring nationalism in the discussion coz that's a french invention.

seriously, this is a stupid discussion. only a troll would make such an argument about spurs fans, or at least ST spurs fans hating on tony. it isn't real.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-25-2008, 11:22 AM

:lmao how fucking laughable! Kace, the only reason why you don't notice the CoT is because their stupidity doesn't bother you, period. The two sides of this bullshit argument are utterly fucking annoying. I just can't help but laugh at your attempt to put it all on Manu fans.

spursfan09
12-25-2008, 11:53 AM
My advice

I think you should just accept TP's role on the team. He's not going to stop anytime soon. So just stop stressing yourself out and let TP into your heart. :lol Seriously life as a Spur fan is so much happier and funner when you actually love all your players on your team.

spursfaninla
12-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Why didn't you take a poll? That would help you see how many people are actually anti-french, if that is your hypothesis.

I can't help myself: this would be a nationalism, not a race issue. On that level, at least during 9/11, I think you had something. People were seriously hating on the french then. today, not so much.

course, texans are hick rednecks, so maybe there are more anti-foreigners there generally...but then they would hate on the whole team, right?

TDMVPDPOY
12-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Why didn't you take a poll? That would help you see how many people are actually anti-french, if that is your hypothesis.

i dont think its anti-french, we got a few TP haters here no matter what he does...when his down the haters will kick u down when ur down, and dont forget with ian mahinmi (frenchmen)who everyone is waiting for, who has disappointed so far with his recovery and making us wait. Some of us dont have the patience with him.....

whether gino/tp or anyone else on this team has a good/bad game or not enough touches or any positive/negative contribution on the court, expect a player fan to discredit the player they hate down to the lvl of their favourite player who has a bad game. You see it all the time on here or any team boards.

diego
12-25-2008, 12:50 PM

medialuna con dulce de leche>>> pain au chocolat >> jelly donut, argentina wins!

haha, just kidding. but not about the medialuna, it rules!

Kori Ellis
12-25-2008, 12:55 PM
i dont think its anti-french, we got a few TP haters here no matter what he does...when his down the haters will kick u down when ur down, and dont forget with ian mahinmi (frenchmen)who everyone is waiting for, who has disappointed so far with his recovery and making us wait. Some of us dont have the patience with him.....

whether gino/tp or anyone else on this team has a good/bad game or not enough touches or any positive/negative contribution on the court, expect a player fan to discredit the player they hate down to the lvl of their favourite player who has a bad game. You see it all the time on here or any team boards.

What's funny is that you are the worst offender of just crazy blind hate. Before the Kings game, your sentiment was "I hope Beno drops 50 on Parker." You have said horrible, horrible things here about Parker - many of which have been deleted since they were so bad.

Here's a hint to all the haters ...whether it's ducks blindly hating Manu or you acting like a constant fool about Parker ... the New Year brings new things at SpursTalk. So don't expect to be able to continue posting here if you keep it up.

Merry Christmas.:toast

kace
12-25-2008, 12:58 PM
:lmao how fucking laughable! Kace, the only reason why you don't notice the CoT is because their stupidity doesn't bother you, period. The two sides of this bullshit argument are utterly fucking annoying. I just can't help but laugh at your attempt to put it all on Manu fans.

if someone bash manu because he likes tony, it's just stupid. no doubt about it. i don't even understand this thing. and i think you only have to look my post to know i really like manu (since he played in europe).

but look at the number of bashing and praising threads for both players, and even for all spurs players, and tell me again that tony hasn't a special treatment here ?? be serious. that doesn't mean some members don't act like assholes about manu. i agree. and maybe i'm more sensitive about it when it's about tony since i'm french but once again don't deny the fact that there's nothing comparable in both player's treatment here.

J.T.
12-25-2008, 02:30 PM

I know it's Christmas and all, but if I buy a speedball for you, will you shoot it up all at once and kill yourself?

J.T.
12-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Here's a hint to all the haters ...whether it's ducks blindly hating Manu or you acting like a constant fool about Parker ... the New Year brings new things at SpursTalk. So don't expect to be able to continue posting here if you keep it up.

Merry Christmas.:toast

Oh shit the FCC finally got its hands on SpursTalk

DAF86
12-25-2008, 02:52 PM
The answer is very simple: some Manu's fans bash Tony, some Tony's fans bash Manu but like Manu has a lot more fans the Tony "bash" is a lot more noticeable.

And don't blame this on us Argies, there are lot of us who like Tony and there a lot less Argentines Tony bashers that non-Argentines ones. Just look at "pounding the rock" 99% of the people in there don't like Parker and just 1% of them are Argies.

french bread
12-25-2008, 04:19 PM
http://www.bruceongames.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/viva-la-france.jpg

kbyanks21
12-25-2008, 04:30 PM
the thing is, that spurs fans know that the first chance tony has to bail on SA he'll do it. he loves the attention and would LOVE to be in LA. he's so buddy-buddy with kobe before spurs-lakers games. and i don't think spurs fans don't like him, it's just that we know that this relationship won't last forever.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-25-2008, 06:05 PM
if someone bash manu because he likes tony, it's just stupid. no doubt about it. i don't even understand this thing. and i think you only have to look my post to know i really like manu (since he played in europe).

but look at the number of bashing and praising threads for both players, and even for all spurs players, and tell me again that tony hasn't a special treatment here ?? be serious. that doesn't mean some members don't act like assholes about manu. i agree. and maybe i'm more sensitive about it when it's about tony since i'm french but once again don't deny the fact that there's nothing comparable in both player's treatment here.

I'm not getting what bothers you exactly... what does it matter who get's more praise? The problem here is people feeling like they need to bring down one to make the other one look better. Those types of idiots populate both sides of argument in equal percentages.

P.S. I am thoroughly convinced you are not one of these people, you don't have to clear that up Kace. Your posting record speaks for itself.

ChumpDumper
12-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Nah! I think Parker has just been trying to do it on his own and it has caused the team to suffer. He needs to drive and kick more. His D has been awful if you ask me, thats the thing Im most worried about.:rollin

stéphane
12-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm not getting what bothers you exactly... what does it matter who get's more praise? The problem here is people feeling like they need to bring down one to make the other one look better. Those types of idiots populate both sides of argument in equal percentages.

P.S. I am thoroughly convinced you are not one of these people, you don't have to clear that up Kace. Your posting record speaks for itself.

I'm not sure about him but you should know what can be annoying at times dude.
You're a long time poster and you have an argentinean flag. I mean, didn't you ever got judged as a Manu homer before opening your mouth just because of it?
Sometimes it's frustrating to keep hearing the same BS each time you want to discuss with some poster. They don't even want to hear what you have to say because well if you're french you're just a bandwagonner Tony lover and not a spurs fan (and same goes with argentineans/Manu).
That's what's annoying (for me at least).

stéphane
12-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Nah! I think Parker has just been trying to do it on his own and it has caused the team to suffer. He needs to drive and kick more. His D has been awful if you ask me, thats the thing Im most worried about.

Remind me not to ask you anything because you've obviously never set a foot on a basketball court.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure about him but you should know what can be annoying at times dude.
You're a long time poster and you have an argentinean flag. I mean, didn't you ever got judged as a Manu homer before opening your mouth just because of it?
Sometimes it's frustrating to keep hearing the same BS each time you want to discuss with some poster. They don't even want to hear what you have to say because well if you're french you're just a bandwagonner Tony lover and not a spurs fan (and same goes with argentineans/Manu).
That's what's annoying (for me at least).

don't get me started on that :lol

stéphane
12-25-2008, 06:49 PM
don't get me started on that :lol

:toast:lol

Harry Callahan
12-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I've seen all of the Spurs PGs play and Tony is easily the best of the bunch. I have no problem with Parker and the best thing about him was he started almost from day one and is still only 26 years old.

If the Spurs wanted to trade Tony Parker today, they would get A LOT for him.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Who is the blond chick at the bottom of your sig? She looks really familiar.
Kimber from Nip/Tuck.

I've seen all of the Spurs PGs play and Tony is easily the best of the bunch. I have no problem with Parker and the best thing about him was he started almost from day one and is still only 26 years old.

If the Spurs wanted to trade Tony Parker today, they would get A LOT for him.
There is absolutely no way the Spurs should even consider a trade for Parker at this point in his career unless it's for Chris Paul or Lebron.

Manu is the one that should be being shopped. Manu is older and injury prone on the downside of his career and we should try to get some value for him (like getting SJax back).

Tony is just about to enter his prime and there is no way in hell the Spurs should ever consider trading him.

For some reason, it's blasphemy on here to talk about trading Manu, but the idea of trading Tony is perfectly acceptable when it should be just the opposite when you look at it from a rational, longtime Spurs fans point of view.

hater
04-07-2014, 05:30 PM

one of the few decent post this poster has ever written tbh

props :tu :tu

EVAY
04-07-2014, 07:13 PM
The team is better than we were in 2008. Doesn't mean that we cannot possibly win without Parker, but it for sure will be infinitely more difficult.

Like Timvp and apparently you, I suffered through all the pg years of watching wretched games. But there was a time when defense was the only thing important (our first 'ship) and I loved those days. But even then, remember Avery Johnson bringing the ball up the court, giving it to Tim/David, and getting out of the way except to bark out whatever orders Pop told him to bark out. Remember how Avery would try to lineup a shot every once in a while and, god love him, he would take so long to get the shot off that today he would have five opponents and 3 refs taking the ball away from him.

Even Tony only had that role for the first year or so. Just geev thee boll to Teemy and get out of the way. Then when Tim started slowing down, Pop finally changed the offense to the motion offense that it is now.

And this is the best personnel we have had in years. We are less dependent on our big three than we used to be. But we sure do need them to be the best we can be.

DarrinS
04-07-2014, 07:27 PM
I'll admit that I wasn't a TP fan until he developed that jump shot.

That being said, the current team is better equipped to deal with his absence.

Mikeanaro
04-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Lol is not racism, I don´t like his style Timvp is right every time he steps into the court white foam comes out of my mouth.