PDA

View Full Version : Stern Tried to Rig Christmas Game Today

Galileo
12-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Stern Tried to Rig Christmas Game Today

Did anyone notice the cheesy fouls against the Spurs down the stretch? Well, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Stern put the Spurs on the road in their 4th game in 5 days, against a well-rested Suns team that has not played since Dec 20.

That's bullshit!@#$%^&*()_+|

These Christmas games are the most marketed regular games of the season. Millions watch the Christmas game who do not see another game all season.

This is David Stern's way to try to pump up Shack and tear down Tim Duncan & the Spurs. Stern wanted the Spurs to lose.

Well, Mr. Stern!!

Tim Duncan and Roger Mason FOILED You today!!!

HA HA!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Shank
12-25-2008, 07:09 PM
What are you talking about?

Xylus
12-25-2008, 07:10 PM
This is an idiotic thread.

exstatic
12-25-2008, 07:16 PM
This makes sense (from his perspective) if you read Galileo's conspiracy shit in the Political forum.

Reck
12-25-2008, 07:18 PM
The refs did indeed tried to fucked The Spurs.

Attempt foiled like the poster above says.

TampaDude
12-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Spurs won 5 on 8!!! FUCK PHX!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

T Park
12-25-2008, 07:22 PM
This is so idiotic.

Enjoy the damn win.

Il Caraibico
12-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Enjoy the damn win.

Rohirrim
12-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Did anyone notice the cheesy fouls against the Spurs down the stretch?

Yes. I am sick of this fucking league and will be taking a break once TD retires.

greyforest
12-25-2008, 08:20 PM
refs were definitely home friendly

xtremesteven33
12-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Parker got hammered so many times throught the game by Shaq and nothing was called.

Something fishy for sure.

Slydragon
12-25-2008, 08:28 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9551/78340253rr9.jpg

vander
12-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes. I am sick of this fucking league and will be taking a break once TD retires.

+1
when he's gone, there won't be much worth paying attention to in the NBA. just a bunch of dunks and punks

SPURS vs NBA media
12-25-2008, 08:33 PM
We Won The Game

Biernutz
12-25-2008, 08:38 PM
The Suns have been sitting on their butts since last Saturday. The Spurs have played last Saturday and a HOME back to back on Monday and Tuesday. Then fly to Phoenix for todays game then back to SAT for a Saturday night game. Who secluded this crap?

lefty
12-25-2008, 08:43 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5918/sternxmas2vj3.gif

Xylus
12-25-2008, 08:45 PM
The Suns have had one of the most difficult schedules in the league thus far. If Stern is rigging anything, it certainly isn't in the Suns' favor.

Phoenix hates David Stern almost as much as it hates the Spurs.

Spork KIller
12-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Did anyone notice the cheesy fouls against the Spurs down the stretch? Well, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Stern put the Spurs on the road in their 4th game in 5 days, against a well-rested Suns team that has not played since Dec 20.

These Christmas games are the most marketed regular games of the season. Millions watch the Christmas game who do not see another game all season.

This is David Stern's way to try to pump up Shack and tear down Tim Duncan & the Spurs. Stern wanted the Spurs to lose.

Well, Mr. Stern!!

HA HA!!!!

What a dumbass!

tonylongoriafan
12-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Parker got hammered so many times throught the game by Shaq and nothing was called.

Something fishy for sure.

i won't go that far...although it was a little funny that while my family was opening presents i was cussing at the tv as tony parker got slapped on the side of the head on a drive late in the 4th quarter and there was no call

i see you working, but it's not conspiracy worthy...c'mon :wakeup

SpurAddict561
12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
they were making some terrible calls at the end

I just figured it would be fitting for the Suns to finally get a hard fought win vs us....on Xmas.

go figure

SpursFanFirst
12-25-2008, 09:52 PM
they were making some terrible calls at the end

I just figured it would be fitting for the Suns to finally get a hard fought win vs us....on Xmas.

go figure

I watched this game today with 4 other people - none of whom could care less about the outcome...and more than once, I heard the disbelief in some of the calls made against the Spurs at the end of the game.

I'm just glad we won. What a finish! :downspin:

Rohirrim
12-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Once the Spurs got the lead they get called for touch fouls all of a sudden? They call Duncan on BULLSHIT calls to get him to 5 then stay the fuck quiet when he has 5 and is raping Amare? Give me a fucking break.

The ridiculously inconsistent calling, the "owe-you one for my screwed up call last play", etc is really bullshit.

If I didn't have the Spurs to counter-balance all this L.A./Boston dick sucking, this league would be unbearable atm.

ChumpDumper
12-25-2008, 11:23 PM
So Stern was trying to make the Suns more popular than the Spurs?

Mission accomplished.

Shastafarian
12-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Even though overall it was the worst officiated game I have seen this season, it doesn't compare to the high theft that was the Cavaliers/Wizards game. Refs gave it to Cleveland with two HORRIBLE calls at the end.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-25-2008, 11:44 PM
This is the dumbest thread ever. Galileo is an embarrassment to what is mostly a classy fan base.

cobbler
12-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Wow... Spurs fans starting to sound like Suns fans now! How sad. :whine

SPURS50
12-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Say what you want about Galileo, but that game today was completely one sided the way it was officiated. Phoenix was gifted that WIN, but seeing SNAQ unable to unwrap it makes my day!

50 cent
12-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Piss poor officiating. I don't complain very often, but even my dad was irate.

SpursDynasty
12-26-2008, 01:33 AM

Well, Mr. Stern!!

HA HA!!!!

Stern wanted the Spurs to lose and the Lakers to win.

The Spurs were the winners of last year's Suns/Spurs series, yet this game is on Phoenix's court for Christmas?

And the Celtics beat the Lakers in the Finals, and the game is on the Lakers' court this year.

TDMVPDPOY
12-26-2008, 01:40 AM
im tired with these suns matchups, give us a new competitor to beat....

Galileo
12-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Personally, I don't think the officiating was rigged today, although there may have been something subconcious going on as the calls favored the Suns.

The real rigging is the scheduling, which Stern can micro-manage at any time. These Christmas games were set up a long time ago to promote the NBA.

The fact is, Stern sent us into the Valley to the Sun after playing SAT, MON, TUE, while the Suns had been rested.

The fact is, this is a great set-up to give many NBA newbies a bad impression of the Spurs.

The only defense I can see for Stern is that he knew the Spurs were so much better than the Suns, that this scheduling chicanery was the only way to level the playing field.

We have already seen scheduling chicanery in last years Spurs/Lakers series.