PDA

View Full Version : So What's Up With WOAI Game Night React

SenorSpur
12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
So I'm still riding high after the Spurs thrilling buzzer-beater over the Suns. As usual, I turn on WOAI 1200 for Game Night React for the usual highlights and post-game reaction to said victory - and there's nothing. Only the best of the Sean Hannity. What gives? Did these guys take holiday or something?

honestfool84
12-25-2008, 09:50 PM
it's christmas!

tonylongoriafan
12-25-2008, 10:02 PM
i was the same way...but x-mas rules

SenorSpur
12-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Of course it's Xmas, but that's no excuse. After all, we're not talking about daily sports talk programming. There was NBA basketball today that featured the home town Spurs. Therefore, they SHOULD have been on the air. Trust me, the other NBA markets had their on-air, pre and post game shows. I'm listening to the Mavs pregame show, as I write this. It's absolutely inexcusable. I guess it simply shows what a small market San Antonio is. I wonder if Schoenig got the day off too?

DMX7
12-25-2008, 10:23 PM
The "best of Sean Hannity".... The best of him is still pretty bad.

tonylongoriafan
12-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Of course it's Xmas, but that's no excuse. After all, we're not talking about daily sports talk programming. There was NBA basketball today that featured the home town Spurs. Therefore, they SHOULD have been on the air. Trust me, the other NBA markets had their on-air, pre and post game shows. I'm listening to the Mavs pregame show, as I write this. It's absolutely inexcusable. I guess it simply shows what a small market San Antonio is. I wonder if Schoenig got the day off too?

i'm sure they had pre game. it was probably a deal where the team wanted to get out of dodge as quickly as possible and they had an abbreviated post game with no react. i can understand the no react part but bill should have been on there wrapping of the game, giving stats. i know in the past they had to nix the assistant coaches interview so they could get to the plane as quickly as possible...

...it has to be understandable, everyone who made the trip to phoenix is probably just now sitting down for x-mas dinner and presents.

SenorSpur
12-25-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't give a damn if it was an abbreivated version of the the post game show and ReAct. There should be coverage for EVERY game. Maybe I've been living in the metroplex too long, but I simply don't ever recall this happening in any market.

Terry Stembridge is rolling over in his bed.

Rohirrim
12-25-2008, 11:11 PM
One thing you should know about radio is most milk the F out of vacation time!!!

T Park
12-25-2008, 11:13 PM

Shoening announced the game but the guy that does GNR more than likely had the day off.

Come on its christmas don't be so damn harsh :lol

Its just a worthless post game show.

Hasn't been squat since Andy Everett or the Thompsons hosted it anyways.

T Park
12-25-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't give a damn if it was an abbreivated version of the the post game show and ReAct. There should be coverage for EVERY game. Maybe I've been living in the metroplex too long, but I simply don't ever recall this happening in any market.

Terry Stembridge is rolling over in his bed.

Dude.

Chill the fuck out.

Hermey
12-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Shoening announced the game but the guy that does GNR more than likely had the day off.

So Bill and the Spurs have to work but not him, Why is he special?

I am sure they could have asked Kori or someone else to do the show and they would have loved the opportunity.

honestfool84
12-26-2008, 02:25 AM
CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS.

not xmas. christmas is a federal holiday, xmas is a lame excuse to not say christmas.

mrspurs
12-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Meaning no disrepect but WOAI is last on my list if I want to listen to anything. Back in the days, I used to listen to football games when my oldest played during Alamo Heights Championship Season. And also way back in the days before cable.