PDA

View Full Version : Kleybar : " Spurs and Lakers are the 2 best teams in the West"

lefty
12-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Bandwagoner ?

Discuss

honestfool84
12-26-2008, 12:06 AM
they are.

m33p0
12-26-2008, 12:08 AM
phoenix can't make that claim now, can they? and the mavs just want to get away from that discussion as far as possible.

lefty
12-26-2008, 12:08 AM
they are.

True, but Barkley seems to have a love/hate relationship with the Spurs

Xylus
12-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Hard to argue with. I think the Suns are going to be 3rd best, even though their seed won't reflect it.

ducks
12-26-2008, 12:16 AM
this loss hurts them alot
would not suprise me they go on a lossing streak

pawe
12-26-2008, 12:43 AM
on paper probably no...in terms of heart, YES definitely!

Spork KIller
12-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Lakers are, the spurms are overrated...damn!!

HarlemHeat37
12-26-2008, 03:12 AM
we clearly are the 2nd best team..

on paper, we are too..when/if Manu gets to 95%-100%, we're going to be on LA's level IMO..

the only team that can stack up with the Lakers and the Spurs is Houston..but the problem with Houston is that they're NEVER going to be healthy, and their 2 main options have no balls..

New Orleans is too thin in depth and variety..we own Phoenix and Dallas..Portland is too young..we own Utah and Denver..

we're starting to get recognition too..Barkley picked us to win the West, not that it means anything..

Biggems
12-26-2008, 03:52 AM

so how does it feel to get an L for Christmas by an overrated bunch?

BTW, have we been overrated in each of the 4 times we have ended your season since 2003?

wisnub
12-26-2008, 04:03 AM
I hate to say it..but they are the two best team right now. I would say Spurs is the 3rd due to historical reason..but Cavs really is hot right now. Suns is a lousy team,and put one excuse after another every single year...I think Shaq will be tho only one in that roster who hold rings ever (unless players start to switch team just to get the ring). But suns did put a great pickup on J Rich, he really is an upgrade. Suns should won more games with that roster but I guess paper is different than the reality...

Ronaldo McDonald
12-26-2008, 04:21 AM
with a healthy oberto and (hopefully) useful Mahinmi, I think we'll be pretty damn good.

Mahinimi
Thomas
Oberto
Bonner

That's a lot of frontcourt depth and diversity.

Reck
12-26-2008, 04:31 AM

:sleep

Rogue
12-26-2008, 04:38 AM
shut your damn mouth up MF.
Lalers are pretty good with KB and Pau and a seires of other rosters, but the league's best team is clearly clearly the Celtics. KB is a great player which is a well known truth but Pau Gasol and Odom and other lakers are not even on the same stage with KB. Lakers are a good team but far from a great team like Spurs. Lakers is holding the best record in the West but we all know how much their record worth. They has met few powerful rival by now but the spurs has met with many competetive teams in the past games, and we played most of the games with Manu and Parker sidelined. The season is 82 long and the real competition hasn't started yet.

I'll put Rockets, Hornets, Mavs and Suns, or even the trial blazers over Lakers which is made up of sh!ts, unthinkable unremarkable sh!ts.
Kobe isn't gonna win another Championship without Shaq, not is Amare even though shaq is working for him. Kobe should have learnt something from Shaq when they were playing in the same team, but Kobe got nothing from Shaq but some sh!t. His sh!t tastes a little bit salty, Kobe? Shaq's sh!t can't bring Kobe the championship he wants, but the spurs' teamwork are gonna help us win that in the following several years in a row. Lakers are sh!t, sucker.

mrspurs
12-26-2008, 07:38 AM

on paper, we are too..when/if Manu gets to 95%-100%, we're going to be on LA's level IMO..

the only team that can stack up with the Lakers and the Spurs is Houston..but the problem with Houston is that they're NEVER going to be healthy, and their 2 main options have no balls..

New Orleans is too thin in depth and variety..we own Phoenix and Dallas..Portland is too young..we own Utah and Denver..

we're starting to get recognition too..Barkley picked us to win the West, not that it means anything..

Im almost gonna agree with ya on this. But, until I see Manu back at full force and see Matt improve game by game like he has. And this whole team still needs to gel. Im not gonna put us 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. If the POs started right now, I dont think our new boys have been around long enough to get many minutes. But I do like our improvement each and every game.

Rohirrim
12-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I feel confident we will reach the WCF again.

I am only worried about playing Dallas to get there :(

z0sa
12-26-2008, 01:07 PM
I feel confident we will reach the WCF again.

I am only worried about playing Dallas to get there :(

There is only 1 team in the West that holds a candle to us, old and slow and unathletic and injured as we always are: LA Lakers.

xtremesteven33
12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I get the feeling that the one team that matches up really well with the Lakers are the Blazers.

If the Blazers can get hot in the end of the season and get a #8 spot and face the Lakers in the 1st round they could take them to the limit and beat them.

Killakobe81
12-26-2008, 01:48 PM
I get the feeling that the one team that matches up really well with the Lakers are the Blazers.

If the Blazers can get hot in the end of the season and get a #8 spot and face the Lakers in the 1st round they could take them to the limit and beat them.

Stop dreaming!

xtremesteven33
12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Stop dreaming!

its not an impossibility. It seems as though right now but if they can get a better PG and once they get better experience they match up VERY well with the Lakers.

TampaDude
12-26-2008, 04:11 PM
WCF will be SA and LA...book it!!! :D

T Park
12-26-2008, 04:16 PM
If the spurs can conti he to develop at their normal time rate, and if Manu ginobili can shake off his ankle funk, then I see no reason why they couldn't beat the Lakers.

Ronaldo McDonald
12-26-2008, 05:40 PM
No matter what happens (with the exception of inuries) the Lakers will be favored.

I think we have about a 30 to 40% chance of beating them - probably about as good anybody else (even Boston).

I think if we bring in mutombo we'll fair even better. Don't know what the chances of that happening are.

Spork KIller
12-26-2008, 07:37 PM
with a healthy oberto and (hopefully) useful Mahinmi, I think we'll be pretty damn good.

Mahinimi
Thomas
Oberto
Bonner

That's a lot of frontcourt depth and diversity.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha:rollin :rollin

BlackFlagg
12-26-2008, 07:52 PM
What are YOU laughing about, 2-point bench man? :lol

Raoul Duke
12-26-2008, 08:35 PM

this is why i hate suns fan. name one thing you've done besides getting bounced in the playoffs in the past decade and then talk. talking all that smack cause it's the only thing suns do better than spurs.

Raoul Duke
12-26-2008, 08:42 PM
What are YOU laughing about, 2-point bench man? :lol

:rollinMaybe he was thinking about how much Robin Lopez looks like Sideshow Bob.

Tbiggums47
12-26-2008, 09:07 PM

I'm with you Harlem. People had better keep an eye on H-town. Ron Artest has had a lot of problems but he is a STUD. Where ever Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming Lack aggressiveness. Artest will make up the difference. Artest is a man!:nope