PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers didn't do anything spectacular

SpursDynasty
12-26-2008, 01:00 AM
To start with, it made no sense whatsoever for today's game to take place at the Staples Center. The Celtics are the defending champs, therefore it should have been in Boston. If anything, the only reason the Lakers won was because it was a home game for them.

Secondly, teams that win 19 straight are bound to lose eventually. It does not mean that the team they lost to is good, or that that team did anything spectacular. There is no such thing as a team winning all 82 games. The Celtics are still the defending champs and are 27-3. The Lakers meanwhile haven't won anything since 2002.

So, the Lakers didn't do anything spectacular today. The Celtics had a 19 game winning streak and no team is expected to win every single one. The streak would end eventually, it could just as easily have been against the Bobcats or Thunder. The Lakers continue to play unimpressive ball as of late.

DrHouse
12-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Right on cue

YellowFever
12-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Yeah, they just made shots they were suppose to make.

I can picture you on your knees praying that the Mavs win just so you can reach 50% on your predictions.

Roxsfan
12-26-2008, 01:54 AM
STFU spursassholedynasty.

Kobe™
12-26-2008, 04:04 AM
Good post spursdynasty, at the end of the day this is only 1 more win in the season standings,

Lakers plays for championships, not season accolades.

TheMACHINE
12-26-2008, 01:26 PM
it would be more shocking if SD didnt start a thread. lol

Killakobe81
12-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Silly post it's a win a good win not a make a season win but a good win nonetheless ...
Spurs win was huge also (even bigger) i think the Suns have serious doubts whther they can beat the SPurs in a close game alsoone of Shaq's best performances in years was wasted ...

House
12-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Right on cue

Just who do you think you are?

hater
12-26-2008, 03:02 PM
the Lakers played yesterday???

I was too busy celebrating the Spurs win

Allanon
12-26-2008, 03:59 PM
SD is right in the sense it's just another regular season win.

I think the biggest impact of the game is that it puts the shoe on the other foot. The Lakers were wondering if they needed to get another player to put them ahead of the Celtics.

Now, it's the Celtics who are trying to get a Center to counter Pau/Bynum's size and somebody to stop Kobe (who shot for 50% compared to his horrible outings in the Finals against Posey).

It's apparent that the addition of Bynum and (healthy) Ariza makes a big difference versus the Celtics as it offsets the size of the Celtics.

I'm also happy to see that Odom's performance and toughness last night also guaranteed that he'll be there for the Playoffs.

Armando
12-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Premature to say this win is as huge for the Lakers as everyone seems to think it is. If they get blown out in Boston in February the game yesterday will be forgotten rather quick. In the end the Celtics still have the rings.

mystargtr34
12-26-2008, 08:04 PM
SpursDynasty is DazedandConfused.

He has this jinx obsession so if he continutes to put down he Lakers he will rid them of all the jinx of being the team to beat.

Hes like 15 i think.

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 01:04 PM
12/20

I guess the Lakers had a good 2 month regular season run. Boston will blow them out on Christmas, the bandwagon will end. 5 more days and this team will be looking to rebuild/trade.

12/22

The Lakers are done Christmas Day. Aside from Boston being 92-18 over its last 110 regular season games, and aside from being the NBA champions, the Lakers suck.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

You giant fucking vaj... :lmao

TheMACHINE
12-27-2008, 05:10 PM
12/20

12/22

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

You giant fucking vaj... :lmao

lol bitch is backpeddling.

que "this thread isnt about me"

resistanze
12-27-2008, 05:20 PM