PDA

View Full Version : Mavs or Suns - Which was more satisfying?

raspsa
12-26-2008, 02:08 AM
OK, which game do you think was the more satisfying? If I had to choose, it would be the double-OT win vs. the Mavs and only because every Spur fielded actually seemed to paly well and contributed to the victory. But for sheer drama, maybe the Suns game is better.

Reck
12-26-2008, 02:11 AM
I'll go with the Mavs double OT.

I've seen plenty of the Suns getting owned by The Spurs so this choice is easy to pick.

SpursDynasty
12-26-2008, 02:12 AM
They're both satisfying, but no more satisfying than a win against the Bobcats or Thunder. These Suns and Mavs aren't championship contenders. These are not the 2004-2007 Suns/Mavs. Winning against them isn't any more exciting than beating the Raptors.

mystargtr34
12-26-2008, 02:13 AM
They're both satisfying, but no more satisfying than a win against the Bobcats or Thunder. These Suns and Mavs aren't championship contenders. These are not the 2004-2007 Suns/Mavs. Winning against them isn't any more exciting than beating the Raptors.

Lol thats classic

Xylus
12-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Mavs

td4mvp21
12-26-2008, 02:18 AM
The Suns, no doubt. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing winning against the Mavs on the road in double OT but the way we won this game was insane.

TDMVPDPOY
12-26-2008, 02:20 AM
there is no winning feeling every time the spurs beat the suns or mavs, beating a team we're meant to beat.

honestfool84
12-26-2008, 02:22 AM
Winning against them isn't any more exciting than beating the Raptors.

i think you are oh so wrong with that one, sorry.

timtonymanu
12-26-2008, 02:56 AM
i say the Suns.... i was expecting the Spurs to beat the Mavs.

for the Suns game, everything was against us. ex.) the refs, our shooting, the crowd, Ginobili's offense. it was looking like this would lead to a suns victory.

m33p0
12-26-2008, 03:04 AM
tough choice. i'm going with..... Mavs. no wait, Suns! Suns! erhm... Mavs! wait! wait! Suns! shit!

50 cent
12-26-2008, 03:18 AM
They were both incredibly enjoyable, but I think I may have enjoyed this Suns win just a tad more and I was even at the Mav 2OT game.

xellos88330
12-26-2008, 03:20 AM
I am going with the Suns. Only because thier fans are more entertaining when they lose to the Spurs. In Dallas the only one I like to watch is Mark Cuban with his pissed off face. Ever since the Spurs started knocking the Suns out of the playoffs, I can actually feel the Suns hearts breaking.

I know it sounds cruel, but when I was in the military, my whole damn unit were Suns fans.

T Park
12-26-2008, 03:24 AM
Man.

I'm gonna Suns, because I think they are the better team.

Warlord23
12-26-2008, 03:27 AM
The Mavs win was the better game and better victory, because it was a hard-fought 2OT game.

However, the Suns win was the more satisfying, just to see the Suns and their fans get deja vu all over again

HarlemHeat37
12-26-2008, 03:39 AM
both irrelevant franchises that will never win titles..you won't find better chokers than the Suns and Mavs..

mrspurs
12-26-2008, 07:57 AM
both irrelevant franchises that will never win titles..you won't find better chokers than the Suns and Mavs..

Finally someone who made sense.:king

Rogue
12-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Mavs is more satisfying, at least Cuban is more satisfying.

urunobili
12-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Suns no question due to the magnitude of the game... :toast

hater
12-26-2008, 02:11 PM
beating suns is like an everyday thing for Spurs. But being chrismass and really not playing great, and stealing the game on a 3 pointer when any other sane coach would have gone for the tie.... I think win over Suns is best win of the season so far

ALC
12-26-2008, 02:15 PM
The Mavs Double OT, was a pretty good game.

xtremesteven33
12-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Mavericks- More exciting and fun

Suns-National TV,Christmas day, Last second shot at the BUZZER!!!!???

Suns game was something special :toast

thispego
12-26-2008, 02:44 PM
suns cause i got to watch in the comfort of home and just imagine how many little kids wished for santa to bring them a suns victory over spurs for christmas. hahaha. breaking phoenix's heart never gets old

Crookshanks
12-26-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd say the Suns. The Mavs game was very exciting, but both teams were pretty evenly matched and neither team was giving an inch until the very last part of the 2nd OT.

With the Suns game - well the Spurs were getting beat every which way and the Suns were so confident they had the win - then Mason steals the victory at the buzzer and the Suns' team and fans were crushed once again by the Mighty Spurs! Doesn't get much better than that - especially with it being on national TV!

TampaDude
12-26-2008, 04:15 PM
The Suns...but it was even better when D'Antoni was their coach...those were truly special... :D

superbigtime
12-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I say Mavs because they are a division rival and it was a double overtime game. This was a great win though. A very satisfying win no doubt about it. Definitely a feel good win. Go Spurs!

BlackFlagg
12-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Suns, no doubt about it. Their fans are sooooo much more entertaining. :lol

Oh, Gee!!
12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
suns on X-mas day '08 cuz the refs let the suns get away with murder yet called the spurs for every ticky-tack foul. we had the last laugh. fat-ass shaq rolling away all sad on x-mas day was the best gift evah.

Tbiggums47
12-26-2008, 08:57 PM
OK, which game do you think was the more satisfying? If I had to choose, it would be the double-OT win vs. the Mavs and only because every Spur fielded actually seemed to paly well and contributed to the victory. But for sheer drama, maybe the Suns game is better.
Right now The Suns. I don't care much for Phoenix or Dallas. they both are just not at the Spurs level in my opinion. If these games could end like this with the big boys aka:Boston, LA, Cleveland on a consistent basis then I would be very SATISFIED. I think the best is yet to come from The Spurs!:flag:

phyzik
12-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Suns game is now at the top of my list.

Mavs double OT game is close but Suns game is better.

1. Its good to beat any team Shaq plays for.

2. Mavs aren't as big a rival IMHO as the past few years after "The Trade". that game shouldnt have gone to double OT.

3. Suns fans are pretentious little pricks and deserve all the heart-ache they get from the Spurs. Its like one of those little kids that just wont STFU because they feel entitled to a toy or something in the supermarket and you get a nice warm feeling when their parent(s) bitch slaps the hell out of them.

4. Every Suns loss helps to invalidate those unjustified back-to-back MVP's Nash got.

5. Its fun to see the media have to choke on their own predictions when the "darlings" of small ball lose in yet another gut wrenching game.

6. It gives me that good feeling I used to get back in the day when I completed a fatality in Mortal Kombat.

chrisattsu
12-26-2008, 10:47 PM
I have family who live in Phoenix, and I enjoy giving them a hard time after the Spurs / Suns games.

But

I grew up in the DFW media market. I have friends, classmates, coworkers, and former roommates that are Mavs fans. I talk more smack for those games, and nothing is better than crushing their spirits after a Spurs / Mavs game.

pawe
12-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Id choose the Suns game probably because Im from Phoenix and I can get to do my victory / f-you dance in front of suns fans every time the Spurs would win.