I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 10:51 AM
This was on CNN.com
http://www.ksat.com/news/18357833/detail.html

Amber Alert Issued For Selma Girl
Erika Camacho, 15, Last Seen Wednesday Evening

POSTED: Thursday, December 25, 2008
UPDATED: 9:07 am CST December 26, 2008

SELMA, Texas -- An Amber Alert was issued for a 15-year-old girl they said was abducted by her boyfriend on Christmas Eve.

Erika Camacho was last seen Wednesday evening when she was forcibly abducted by her boyfriend, 23-year-old Ricardo Alvarado Mora, police said.

Camacho was last seen wearing a white T-shirt, denim capri pants and flip-flop sandals, and was taken from her sister's home at the Retama Race Track Dormitory, police said. Camacho and Mora may be married, police said, and lived together for an extended period of time. Camacho was staying with her sister following a domestic violence incident.

Camacho is 5 foot 3 inches tall with brown hair, brown eyes and weighs approximately 100 pounds, police said. Mora is 5 foot 4 inches tall with black hair, brown eyes and weighs approximately 140 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue sweatshirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes. He also has a mole above his left eyebrow, police said.

Anybody with information about Camacho or Mora is asked to contact 911 or the Selma Police Department at 210-653-0033. Selma is located just northeast of San Antonio.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 10:53 AM
What the hell is up with these guys? A 23 year old with a 15 year old girlfriend? Possibly married? WTF?!

Granted my wife and I have a 5 yr age difference but she was 23 when we met. I would have never tried with her when I was 21 and she was 16. Where are the stupid ass parents?

Dex
12-26-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure who the sickest people in this story are: the little girl for being with a guy eight years older than her, the 23-year year old college guy dippin' for the high schooler, or the parents who let all of this shit happen up to this point.

Let Darwin sort out that mess.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 11:25 AM
They all suck. Well I don't blame the girl much. teens are easily influenced and this guy probably has a car and MAYBE a job and can do things that boys her age can't like buy alcohol. It's not like it would take much to impress her.

I say blame the parents and the damn http://www.wrongtees.com/images/designs/swatches/pedobear_black.png

BacktoBasics
12-26-2008, 11:55 AM
They all suck. Well I don't blame the girl much. teens are easily influenced and this guy probably has a car and MAYBE a job and can do things that boys her age can't like buy alcohol. It's not like it would take much to impress her.

With a last name like hers having a job and car is serious business.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 12:04 PM
With a last name like hers having a job and car is serious business.

That's what I figured

mrsmaalox
12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
That's what I figured

Why would the last name matter?

Dex
12-26-2008, 01:00 PM

I say blame the parents and the damn http://www.wrongtees.com/images/designs/swatches/pedobear_black.png

I don't buy the innocent routine. High school girls know better.

There's a reason they are not supposed to be riding around with boys and drinking alcohol. And there's a reason they will flock to somebody who can get around that. I think we can all probably guess the one reason the college guy is in it for.

Kids should be allowed to be kids, but at least keep them on the level of other kids. The difference between a 15 and 20 year old, and a 25 and 30 year old, is phenomenal.

I agree that the parents are to blame and I'm sorry this girl is missing, but she deserves a slap just as much as the rest of them.

2centsworth
12-26-2008, 01:01 PM

odd.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 01:15 PM

In spanish camacho means calling all takers.

BacktoBasics
12-26-2008, 01:28 PM
I'll go a step further.

Mexicans are poor and tend to live in clusters. Its common for one to seek refuge in the arms of the employeed who own vehicles.

BlackSwordsMan
12-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Camacho is 5 foot 3 inches tall with brown hair, brown eyes and weighs approximately 100 pounds, police said. Mora is 5 foot 4 inches tall with black hair, brown eyes and weighs approximately 140 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue sweatshirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes. He also has a mole above his left eyebrow, police said.

.:rollin

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Not that it makes a difference, but Camacho may be a Mexican national, and both she and Mora only speak Spanish. They may have been married in Mexico a few months back, but police weren't sure as of last night.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2008, 01:38 PM
And the pics just in case anybody here might see them.

http://www.ksat.com/slideshow/news/18360995/detail.html

BacktoBasics
12-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Gawd damn no wonder that dude was chasing young girls. Strahan Syndrome.

Kori Ellis
12-26-2008, 02:01 PM
What's the "Retama Race Track Dormitory"?

Just curious.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 02:06 PM
What's the "Retama Race Track Dormitory"?

Just curious.

That was something that bugged me too.

Trainwreck2100
12-26-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.pedobearpics.com/pedobear/pedo_bear53.jpg

JoeChalupa
12-26-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll go a step further.

Mexicans are poor and tend to live in clusters. Its common for one to seek refuge in the arms of the employeed who own vehicles.

Don't forget they all have bad credit.

BacktoBasics
12-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Don't forget they all have bad credit.

Here is the breakdown

Under 35 years old

95% have bad credit

36-55 years old

75% have bad credit

Over 55 years old

45% have bad credit

ashbeeigh
12-26-2008, 02:54 PM
And you all call me racist.

I hope someone finds her. I heard about this last night. By now, though, they are probably back in Mexico.

mrsmaalox
12-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I'll go a step further.

Ah thank you for the clarification! The reason I was interested is because my best friend's last name (before marriage) is Camacho. And it has always seemed odd to me how important to her it is to maintain her six figure salary and her 2 late model vehicles. But I suppose it explains why I am drawn to her, she's employed with vehicles! :D

BacktoBasics
12-26-2008, 03:21 PM
And you all call me racist.

I hope someone finds her. I heard about this last night. By now, though, they are probably back in Mexico.
Its not racism. I'm stereotyping based on my experience with credit over the last 10 years. I'm not exaggerating either. This is what I've found to be true. I kept real up to the day statistics to support it up until about a year ago.

Maalox: Big deal. You must have a friend that either acts or wants to be white or is in the upper 5% if she's under 35.

I didn't mean all mexicans. Most but not all.

ashbeeigh
12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Its not racism. I'm stereotyping based on my experience with credit over the last 10 years. I'm not exaggerating either. This is what I've found to be true. I kept real up to the day statistics to support it up until about a year ago.

I wasn't talking about just you, B2B. Way to jump to conclusions.

ashbeeigh
12-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure who the sickest people in this story are....the parents who let all of this shit happen up to this point.

So here's the thing with this one. She's either going to do it against her parents will and get in a lot of shit (like this) or the parents can agree to this (as much as they can grin and bear it) and keep their daughter. Which would you rather have? A daughter who you never see because you told her you won't agree to her relationship or a daughter who you see everyday begrudgingly? I'd take the latter.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I wasn't talking about just you, B2B. Way to jump to conclusions.

:lol I hope you didn't mean me then because I happen to be an American of Mexican descent. A beaner if you will. I have pics to prove it.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 03:33 PM
So here's the thing with this one. She's either going to do it against her parents will and get in a lot of shit (like this) or the parents can agree to this (as much as they can grin and bear it) and keep their daughter. Which would you rather have? A daughter who you never see because you told her you won't agree to her relationship or a daughter who you see everyday begrudgingly? I'd take the latter.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ashbeeigh
12-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lmao Genius response, but I was serious.

Maybe because you haven't had to deal with something like that.

mrsmaalox
12-26-2008, 03:47 PM

Maalox: Big deal. You must have a friend that either acts or wants to be white or is in the upper 5% if she's under 35.

I didn't mean all mexicans. Most but not all.

My bad. My friend is actually Puerto Rican! You win. :)

BacktoBasics
12-26-2008, 03:48 PM
We need a Spurstalk Jump to Conclusions Mat.

Dex
12-26-2008, 03:49 PM

So you'd rather let the daughter set her boundaries in fear of her leaving? At age 15? It sounds like that brings up some control issues.

I'm not trying to bag on anybodies way of raising their children (albeit, maybe the people mentioned in this news articles'). I don't have any children, and am hopefully still a pretty good ways away from being there. But I felt like my parents did a pretty decent job of raising me into a responsible adult.

Yeah, they gave me leeway and let me do things they probably didn't want me doing. But they also know when to draw lines and make me understand what was wrong, even if I didn't like them for it. That seems like the double-edged sword of parental responsibility, but when it comes down to it, your parents will always be your parents and your children, children.

The fact that these parents had given up on a 15-year-old girl and let her move in with a guy who, from the sounds of it, has a history of physical abuse, for any period of time is a testament to the fact that they obviously weren't trying very hard.

ashbeeigh
12-26-2008, 03:56 PM
So you'd rather let the daughter set her boundaries in fear of her leaving? At age 15? It sounds like that brings up some major control issues.

I'm not trying to bag on anybodies way of raising their children (albeit, maybe the people mentioned in this news articles'). I don't have any children, and am hopefully still a pretty good ways away from being there. But I felt like my parents did a pretty decent job of raising me into a responsible adult.

Yeah, they gave me leeway and let me do things they probably didn't want me doing. But they also know when to draw lines and make me understand what was wrong, even if I didn't like them for it. That seems like the double-edged sword of parental responsibility, but when it comes down to it, your parents will always be your parents and your children, children.

The fact that these parents had given up on a 15-year-old girl and let her move in with a guy who, from the sounds of it, has a history of physical abuse, for any period of time is a testament to the fact that they obviously weren't trying very hard.

I'm not saying I would have done that, I'm saying it was a possibility. Heck no. If this was my 15 year old she would be in that "grounded forever" stage until she turned 21 if she was dating a 23 year old.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 03:58 PM
So you'd rather let the daughter set her boundaries in fear of her leaving? At age 15? It sounds like that brings up some control issues.

Word to your mother

Dex
12-26-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm not saying I would have done that. Heck no. If this was my 15 year old she would be in that "grounded forever" stage until she turned 21 if she was dating a 23 year old.

Hellllllll yes. That's more like it. :tu

Meanwhile, I don't even have to be a father to tell you that any guy who ever laid a hurting finger on one of my daughters better not ever find himself within my sight.

How these parents could let their kid run around with this guy is just bonkers. :dizzy And then people wonder why things like this happen.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Now that I have a daughter (a beautiful gorgeous baby girl, if you want me to pm pics just ask :)) I just couldn't see myself letting that shit happen. ESPECIALLY if he is in his 20's. All that means is that I can beat him down and not feel so bad about it.

ploto
12-26-2008, 04:02 PM
How is it an Amber Alert if they were married and living together?

I ask simply because the Amber alert system has been applied in a very non-uniform way by law enforcement officials who have parents pressuring them. In many states it is not used for family squabbles, custody fights, etc... only when someone is abducted by a stranger or in danger.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 04:03 PM
They did say possibly married right? Maybe they figured out a way to get married without family knowing or the fam suspects that they are without really knowing for sure.

Dex
12-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Congrats on the new bundle of joy, I. Hustle!

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Congrats on the new bundle of joy, I. Hustle!

Thank you.

JoeChalupa
12-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Parenting is the toughest job in the world and no two parents parent the same way. I've got a 14 yr old daughter and I will do my hardest not to allow her to get into this type of situation but I'm also not naive enough to believe that she'll always do as I wish.

And calling it stereotyping is just a cop out.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
How is it an Amber Alert if they were married and living together?

I ask simply because the Amber alert system has been applied in a very non-uniform way by law enforcement officials who have parents pressuring them. In many states it is not used for family squabbles, custody fights, etc... only when someone is abducted by a stranger or in danger.

I'm not here to talk about why one was issued here, but the cops said the legality of a possible marriage is in question and the supposed marriage took place in Mexico. They did say Camacho was taken from her sister's home by force, though.

I do agree that I've seen some recent Ambers that were custodial issues, though.

mrsmaalox
12-26-2008, 04:41 PM
The age of consent in Mexico ranges from age of puberty (12) to 18, depending on the state. So maybe the relationship was perfectly okay with family; but the forced abduction complicates it for law enforcement here. Who knows, the forced abduction may be acceptable some places in Mexico also!

AlamoSpursFan
12-26-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm in the 36-55 year old range.

And my credit sucks ass.

Orale!

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Selma PD just sent us Mora's arrest affidavit. It's on the story... I can't embed it here.

Bigzax
12-26-2008, 05:21 PM
seems like they list mr. mora as a white male on that affidavit...:lol

oookay.

TwAnKiEs
12-26-2008, 05:30 PM
23yo + 15 yo = Fail.

ploto
12-26-2008, 06:20 PM
...the cops said the legality of a possible marriage is in question and the supposed marriage took place in Mexico. They did say Camacho was taken from her sister's home by force, though.

But that still to me does not make it an Amber alert situation. Even if there are questions about the legality of the marriage, it clearly said they LIVED together. So I do not see how a system created to protect abducted children really is appropriate. I am firm about my concerns because these have become too commonly used for situations not within the originally intended parameters, and their overuse causes people to ignore them.

Was it not that long ago that some girl went on a trip with her boyfriend and they issued an Amber Alert. She and her boyfriend had no clue anyone was even looking for them until they saw a story and called and told everyone she was fine. I guess my point is that parents can not use Amber alerts suddenly to control their kids' relationships that they have allowed to exist. Also, there was a case in that same area where the parents went ballistic at the cops for not issuing an Amber alert when the guy had been living in their home with their daughter and then they got mad and wanted the relationship to end.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
But that still to me does not make it an Amber alert situation. Even if there are questions about the legality of the marriage, it clearly said they LIVED together. So I do not see how a system created to protect abducted children really is appropriate. I am firm about my concerns because these have become too commonly used for situations not within the originally intended parameters, and their overuse causes people to ignore them.

Was it not that long ago that some girl went on a trip with her boyfriend and they issued an Amber Alert. She and her boyfriend had no clue anyone was even looking for them until they saw a story and called and told everyone she was fine. I guess my point is that parents can not use Amber alerts suddenly to control their kids' relationships that they have allowed to exist. Also, there was a case in that same area where the parents went ballistic at the cops for not issuing an Amber alert when the guy had been living in their home with their daughter and then they got mad and wanted the relationship to end.

I'm not here to defend nor chastise Selma, but if they believe she was abducted, under 17 and believed to be in danger, I think that's the criteria for Texas.

ashbeeigh
12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
fuck Spencer and Heidi were married in Mexico and that wasn't even legal. Mexican marriage? I think not.

from wikipedia about the criteria for an Amber Alert:

1.Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place
2.The child must be at risk of serious injury or death
3.There must be sufficient descriptive information of child, captor, or captor's vehicle to issue an alert
4.The child must be 17 years old or younger

AlamoSpursFan
12-26-2008, 06:54 PM
fuck Spencer and Heidi were married in Mexico and that wasn't even legal. Mexican marriage? I think not.

I was married in a drunken stupor...does that count?

Bigzax
12-26-2008, 06:54 PM
i just hope they find her safe and put this fucker in jail...

AlamoSpursFan
12-26-2008, 07:07 PM
i just hope they find her safe and put this fucker in jail...

All smart-ass comments aside...

+1

She's in my thoughts.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Erika's been found. I'm working on the story now, but Selma police aren't saying much else right now.

ashbeeigh
12-26-2008, 08:58 PM
seems like they list mr. mora as a white male on that affidavit...:lol

oookay.

race versus ethnicity are two different recording devices. This causes a lot of problems for me at work (slash my grant). You're "race" can be white, black, indian, etc. But your "ethnicity" is hispanic or non-hispanic as it is here in San Antonio.

ploto
12-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Police received a call from Camacho’s sister on Friday saying that Camacho had returned to the Retama Race Track Dormitory where she lives.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Selma_police_seeking_missing_girl_15.html

天空的颜色
12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
大家好,我是新人

天空的颜色
12-27-2008, 09:02 AM
欢迎大家去www.wzcha3.com

天空的颜色
12-27-2008, 09:03 AM
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3716/dsc07639et3.jpg
在一个可能的多方交易中查理·维兰纽瓦 (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/charlievillanueva_1039.html)(Charlie Villanueva (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/charlievillanueva_1039.html))将会被交易到休斯顿,而雄鹿 (http://www.hoopchina.com/teams/bucks)得到的回报是替补大前锋卡尔·兰德里 (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/carllandry_1394.html)(Carl Landy)。

另外据马刺 (http://www.hoopchina.com/teams/spurs)论坛(Spurstalk)报道:

此交易还包含了湖人 (http://www.hoopchina.com/teams/lakers):

密尔沃基将得到兰德里 (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/carllandry_1394.html),把卢(Tyronn Lue (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/tyronnlue_918.html))和维兰纽瓦 (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/charlievillanueva_1039.html)送走,湖人 (http://www.hoopchina.com/teams/lakers)得到卢,而送走米姆(Chris Mihm (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/chrismihm_583.html))

休斯顿得到维兰纽瓦 (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/charlievillanueva_1039.html)和米姆,送走兰德里 (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/carllandry_1394.html)和海德 (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/lutherhead_1033.html)(Luther Head (http://www.hoopchina.com/nba/players/lutherhead_1033.html))。

交易正在进行中,但看起来已经基本完成。
链接:http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112948
另RealGM雄鹿版的网友也透露了同样消息
链接:http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=865602

来源: [The Woelfel World of Sports ] (http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/jones_to_join_bucks_trade_winds_intensify.html)