PDA

View Full Version : Pac Man vs Hatton

SAtoDallas
12-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Looks like it will be happening on May 2nd!

Also on Showtime March 14th Nonito Donaire will be fighting Fernando Montiel I think this one should be a barnburner.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes!

mexicanjunior
01-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Both of those fights will be excellent...

BacktoBasics
01-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Two of my most favorite fighters. If the ref lets Hatton fight him inside I think Hatton has a chance. If the ref constantly seperates them like the Floyd fight Pac's speed is going to play a big factor.

hater
01-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Hatton is a fuckin loser already. this is bullshit. I wanna see Manny vs. Floyd

Man In Black
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Speed Kills. Hatton will get destroyed. It's too easy. Speed and Power, the edge goes to Pacquiao.

milkyway21
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Looks like it will be happening on May 2nd!

Also on Showtime March 14th Nonito Donaire will be fighting Fernando Montiel I think this one should be a barnburner.

This is still under negotiation.

Hatton wants 50-50
Manny Pacquiao wants 60-40

Three days ago I read in the news & it looks like Manny is currently busy in talks with Stallone regarding doing a movie together instead.:ihit:

Here's the story:

PACQUIAO-HATTON FIGHT IN DANGER OF COLLAPSE

Pacquiao-Hatton fight in danger of collapse
01/13/2009 | 08:13 PM

MANILA, Philippines – The planned May 2 superfight between two of boxing’s top brawlers would not push through after all due to problems in the revenue split.

In a report at 24 Oras, Manny Pacquiao’s camp would not accept the 50-50 split in his fight against British boxer Ricky Hatton earlier agreed upon by Top Rank boss Bob Arum and Golden Boy Promotions chief executive officer Richard Schaeffer.

Garrett Williams, who is Hatton’s spokesperson, confirmed that they already had a verbal agreement with Arum on the 50-50 revenue split.

Pacquiao’s legal adviser, Franklin Dacal, said that since his client is the reigning pound-for-pound king they believe that Pacquiao should get the bigger share on the potential earnings in his scheduled match against Britain’s top fighter.

Dacal added that they already told Arum that if the revenue split won’t change to 60-40 then they will be forced to find another opponent for Pacquiao.

With both parties expected to return at the negotiating table, Pacquiao would busy himself on a possible movie team up with Sylvester Stallone.

Pacquiao’s business manager, Eric Pineda, said they already had initial talks with Stallone in the planned action movie and no less than the Hollywood action star wanted Pacquiao as a co-star.

Stallone was best known for portraying a boxer in the six-part Rocky franchise. – GMANews.TV

baseline bum
01-15-2009, 04:28 AM

+1 If I could see any fight right now, that would be it.

No way does scrub-ass Hatton deserve a 50-50 pot with Manny.

milkyway21
01-20-2009, 02:23 AM
No way does scrub-ass Hatton deserve a 50-50 pot with Manny.

Pacquiao thinks so too.

MANILA, Philippines – The planned May 2 fight between Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton would push through after all, this was according to a spokesman for Top Rank big boss Bob Arum.

According to The Guardian’s online edition, the week-long deadlock about the revenue split has been resolved and Arum expects Pacquiao to make an official announcement by Friday to confirm that his fight against the British boxer would take place in Las Vegas.

No other details were disclosed but the Filipino boxing icon, who cemented his status as the world’s best pound-for-pound fighter, is likely to agree on the 52-48 revenue split also proposed by Arum.

GMANews.TV tried to get Pacquiao’s comment but he did not answer or return our calls.

Pacquiao has earlier indicated that he won’t fight Hatton unless the revenue split made in his favor. He has been demanding a 60-40 split from the total proceeds of the total revenue purse since he further gained world recognition after his eighth round win against Oscar De La Hoya last year.

Hatton’s camp, however, wanted a 50-50 sharing deal after already reaching a verbal agreement with Arum.

Arum has suggested a 52-48 split favoring Pacquiao, who is expected to rake in between $20 to 40 million depending on the draw of pay-per-view television audience.

Ray Hatton, Ricky’s father and manager, has threatened to drop out of the fight if Pacquiao would insist on the 60-40 split. He added that he could arrange another super-fight for his son, a match that could also draw a huge crowd.

Two of the venues being eyed for the Pacquiao-Hatton fight are the MGM Grand Garden or the Thomas Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao is expected to watch Antonio Margarito defend his World Boxing Association welterweight title against “Sugar" Shane Mosley on January 23 in Los Angeles. – GMANews.TV

I wish it would be a Pacman-Mayweather bout instead:(

mexicanjunior
01-20-2009, 12:17 PM
I wish it would be a Pacman-Mayweather bout instead:(

Me too, but this is a decent consolation prize...

TheMACHINE
01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
hatton lost to mayweather and pacman just demolished DLH, why the heck would it be 50-50.

SAtoDallas
01-21-2009, 11:42 AM
hatton lost to mayweather and pacman just demolished DLH, why the heck would it be 50-50.

Because Hatton has a huge and loyal following. I think Pac is a far superior fighter but Hatton can put butts in the seats.

IronMexican
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
FIGHT CANCELLED. Sucks. Sorry, no link.

Many PackYao
01-21-2009, 05:09 PM
+1:toast

SAtoDallas
01-21-2009, 06:22 PM
There is No Pac-Man Fever, Fight with Hatton is Off
By Steve Kim (Jan 21, 2009)
Send this page to friend Give us your feedback
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plug has been pulled (at least for now) on the proposed bout between Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton, which was supposed to take place on May 2nd in Las Vegas. As 'the Pac Man' haggled over the split of revenues, Hatton and Golden Boy Promotions have decided to move in another direction.

"Pacquiao had the contract for over a week and the Hatton people had to move on," said a rather bewildered Bob Arum on Wednesday afternoon. "They imposed a deadline, sign or don't sign. He (Pacquiao) decided not to sign and so there's no fight. And now everybody has to move on. I mean there's no animosity against anybody."

Pacquiao's decision comes against the advice of Arum.
“Absolutely, my advice was to take the deal on the table."

On the table was a career high payday.
“He was guaranteed $12 million," said the veteran promoter. "More money than he's ever seen, more money than he was guaranteed to fight De La Hoya."

As for a contingency plan, Arum really has none, "You tell me - you want to fight him?"

Well, the payday would be nice Bob, but there's two problems, one is I can't make 147 and more importantly, I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag. Pacquiao-Kim would be a tough sell.

"I have no plan B in this situation, I've sent an email to them asking for a meeting next week."

LEONARD
01-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Hatton via ink pen

tlongII
01-23-2009, 10:55 AM
The fight is back on. Pac-man signed for the 52-48 split.

englishspursfan
01-23-2009, 01:32 PM
how about the winner gets 60 40, greedy bastards.

dixgomez
01-28-2009, 02:51 AM
It looks like the time is coming.... the most upcoming event on boxing....

DBryant88
01-28-2009, 10:42 AM
start saving you pennies!

TheNextGen
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
its official!

I. Hustle
01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
F all you haters Hatton is badass. Yeah I pick Manny over him but I still like Hatton. Yeah he lost to Mayweather and Manny beat DLH but that is not at all the same. Put Manny in there with Pretty Boy Floyd and win or lose I guarantee he wouldn't handle him the way he did Oscar.

TheMACHINE
01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Pacman Knockouts Hatton in 8